shim

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

As the building falls down, Hanover does it's best to keep it quiet. I hope that when it does go no one gets killed from it. The only thing that they do is put up the yellow tape so no one enters the building from the rear and now that falls down. My my my Hanover borough a diversified town that is crumbling down & you do nothing about it. Good job!
Trucker

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Shim I don't know if you are a taxpayer in Hanover however do you and all the property owners wish to contribute more in taxes to help pay the costs of this building. Wouldn't that be the same as paying to remodel your neighbors house? If taxpayer money is used to tear one building down prpeare yourself it will be others to follow. Watch what you hope for.
shim

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Trucker u realize that it is just not going to be one building that will fall. Already people have had to move out of the buildings that are aside of it. But yur logic is let her fall & screw whatever else may happen when it does. My point was how good Hanover b orough can make things disappear from the news. Now u want to be afraid of something maybe think about that.
Trucker wrote:
Shim I don't know if you are a taxpayer in Hanover however do you and all the property owners wish to contribute more in taxes to help pay the costs of this building. Wouldn't that be the same as paying to remodel your neighbors house? If taxpayer money is used to tear one building down prpeare yourself it will be others to follow. Watch what you hope for.
trucker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Must be a neighboring home owner. Perhaps all the neigbboring home owners could share the de molition costs with the borough.
shim

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

yep trucker that is a thought, stupid one but a thought. but a trucker response will not be to bright. thanks for trying out
trucker

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Yep Yep Yep now the type mentality begins to come out when you start calling out stupid.. End of conversation on this one. By the way the name is not the occupation, if it even mattered.
shim

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

thought u wood nvr leave. thanks for trying out
Wondering

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Perhaps the Hanover power-to-be should look into this new law:

http://triblive.com/home/2877768-74/propertie...

Who knows, might be the answer!
Trucker

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Loans are great but need repaid with who's money? If it costs 350 to 500 K to mediate and demolish how much is the land worth to sell 100K at most. The remainder has to come from somewhere. How much is the taxpayers of Hanover willing to put into demolition of buildings in Hanover. Notice I said buildings becaseu look around 219 baltimore Street is not the only building.
Gerrr

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

The city should condemn the buildings auction them off cheap with the condition you have six months to complete demolition. No "fixing" up a building it must be taken down and site cleaned. If not it starts all over again, city gets revenue someone gets land cheap, it gets developed, old building gone, new building up, jobs, city makes money, ect ect.
trucker

Merchantville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Gerrr: i believe this is exactly what happened the last time under Sherriff sale than the people that bought it realized the costs involved.
Omar

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Perhaps Gerr shud buy building, seems to have all answers.
Sick of scums like you

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Omar wrote:
Perhaps Gerr shud buy building, seems to have all answers.
At least Gerr has proper English skills.
Omar

Newville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Sick of scums like you wrote:
<quoted text>
At least Gerr has proper English skills.
Only good thing about Gerr, rest is BS
Shim

New Bloomfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

And the building still has not been dealt with. The hanover two step again. Trucker thinking like yours is why nothing gets done. Hanover taxes are going up to take care of all the other problems hanover has, raise them a little more to take care of the building issue, with the thought in mind that when building issue is resolved that part of the tax be removed. Then the only problem you would have is getting the tax removed but the building has been taken care of.
trucker

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Shim perhaps you would not wish to be honest to admit you are a neighbor to the property or have an interest in the property in some way when you say raise taxes to tear it down. If the property was located on the other side of town would you want your taxes to go up to tear the building down. If you think that 219 Baltimore Street is the only building in town that needs demolished you are living in another world. If I understand it correctly Hanover just adopted new codes to take care of the problem, not sure what but I am told so. Regardless a new code has certain processes you have to go through such as notice, time for correction. Call and ask before jumping.
Shim

New Bloomfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Not a neighbor to the property. Yes they did come up with a process to handle situations like this, only problem with their decision on how to do things seems like it involves time. Let's just say that in the time they say is needed the building falls what happens then? I guess all the mess just sits there until they can locate all the owners to find out what they want to do. I wonder what the owners will tell the borough, maybe something like they are very sorry and the borough can do what ever they want. Or maybe they will say tell me how much money you need to clean it up and we the owners will pay for it. Yeah I bet that is what will happen. The borough acts like they think the owners of the building are nice guys and will pay for it all.
trucker

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

I would bet if taxes are raised to tear it down borough politicians won't be considered nice guys either. Everything involves time when you talk legal process.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 11 hr Condi Rice 3,900
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 18 hr Jesus C 51,282
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Fri Krave MaMeat 5,416
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug 15 Nicole 7
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug 9 Joe Biden 1
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul '14 Black dude 1
bulllys at the work place. Jul '14 robert 1

Search the Hanover Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000