Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Jan 28, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Woodsman

Gettysburg, PA

#1 Nov 7, 2011
They say it's all about safety, Thats a bunch of stinky crap! I'ts all about money, I'm an older retired person thats been hunting since i was 13 years old, I can't believe the differance in moving 10 miles from Md. could make. I've always lived in the country , and I've always farmed & taken care of livestock. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking a 1000 acres just 30 or 40. How can these Pa. Game Wardens justify jumping a ditch & driving a city block back through a muddy cornfeild That was posted, just to check me out & find that I'm perfectly legal! I mean what are we living under here, Hitlers'Law?? I'm wondering if this is still the USA & if anyone still abides by the Constitution? All i'm saying is this,The PGC is overstepping their boundaries, and the local JUDGES are letting them do it.Thats because of the some of the money from the fines goes to that juridiction. Like I said earlier, I'm an old man that was just squirrel hunting & i was treated like a damn criminal, Is that really necessary? If anyone else has had a bad experience I would like to hear about it. THANKS

Since: Jan 09

Hanover

#2 Nov 7, 2011
Woodsman wrote:
They say it's all about safety, Thats a bunch of stinky crap! I'ts all about money, I'm an older retired person thats been hunting since i was 13 years old, I can't believe the differance in moving 10 miles from Md. could make. I've always lived in the country , and I've always farmed & taken care of livestock. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking a 1000 acres just 30 or 40. How can these Pa. Game Wardens justify jumping a ditch & driving a city block back through a muddy cornfeild That was posted, just to check me out & find that I'm perfectly legal! I mean what are we living under here, Hitlers'Law?? I'm wondering if this is still the USA & if anyone still abides by the Constitution? All i'm saying is this,The PGC is overstepping their boundaries, and the local JUDGES are letting them do it.Thats because of the some of the money from the fines goes to that juridiction. Like I said earlier, I'm an old man that was just squirrel hunting & i was treated like a damn criminal, Is that really necessary? If anyone else has had a bad experience I would like to hear about it. THANKS
What were you doing there if it was posted? You didn't say so I'm assuming that it was posted "NO HUNTING" or "NO TRESPASSING".
Woodsman

Gettysburg, PA

#3 Nov 8, 2011
JustMyHonestOpinion wrote:
<quoted text>
What were you doing there if it was posted? You didn't say so I'm assuming that it was posted "NO HUNTING" or "NO TRESPASSING".
I should have known you would respond to my post, you can't keep your nose out of anything whether it concerns you or not!Yes the ground was posted No HUNTING or No TRESPASSING!! I posted it!! It belongs to my neighbor & i hold the hunting rights and i farm it! You sure monitor these comments , are you affiliated with The Hanover Evening Sunpaper?? something looks awful fishy in your comments!

Hanover

#4 Nov 8, 2011
Woodsman wrote:
<quoted text> I should have known you would respond to my post, you can't keep your nose out of anything whether it concerns you or not!Yes the ground was posted No HUNTING or No TRESPASSING!! I posted it!! It belongs to my neighbor & i hold the hunting rights and i farm it! You sure monitor these comments , are you affiliated with The Hanover Evening Sunpaper?? something looks awful fishy in your comments!
1. How were they to know that you were the person that posted the land? If YOU were the game warden and you see that the land is posted and someone's hunting there, what would you do? Look the other way!!!
2. How do you know whether it concerns me or not?
3. What does it matter if I am connected with the HES or not?(actually, I'm not - I just happen to read what's posted on the forum)
4. Please explain what "looks awful fishy in your comments".
Woodsman

Orrstown, PA

#5 Nov 9, 2011
Well its pretty evident that you don't the first thing about Posted land,Hunting and how game wardens patrol & respond. By reading your comments in this forum you sound like a well educated individual, But sometimes people with a big education don't have enough common sense to get in out of the pouring rain, seems like you're the kinda person who gets wet alot!!

Hanover

#6 Nov 10, 2011
Woodsman wrote:
Well its pretty evident that you don't the first thing about Posted land,Hunting and how game wardens patrol & respond. By reading your comments in this forum you sound like a well educated individual, But sometimes people with a big education don't have enough common sense to get in out of the pouring rain, seems like you're the kinda person who gets wet alot!!
Well, since you obviously are an expert(?) on the subject, why don't you enlighten me and others on the subject of how "game wardens" operate. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to thank you for correcting my interpretation of how they operate.
Actually, I stay quite dry!
Dick Gozinya

Carlisle, PA

#7 Nov 11, 2011
Hey Woodsman,, Now you know what a real Dickhead means! This guy just loves to piss people off on here, thats why i don't reply to his stupid comments anymore! I think it's the only fun he ever gets in life, he just loves to make people hate him. You gotta feel sorry for him ,but he can be a real Dickhead sometimes.

Hanover

#8 Nov 11, 2011
Dick Gozinya wrote:
Hey Woodsman,, Now you know what a real Dickhead means! This guy just loves to piss people off on here, thats why i don't reply to his stupid comments anymore! I think it's the only fun he ever gets in life, he just loves to make people hate him. You gotta feel sorry for him ,but he can be a real Dickhead sometimes.
DITTO!!!
I realize that Woodsman is upset with certain game wardens and possibly has reason to be upset but that is none of your business.

I asked a simple question of someone(Woodsman), not you, and all I see is a stupid reply from you. Obviously, neither of you know much about the game wardens actual duties or methods of operation, or at least you aren't able to post them.

I rememember that most of your responses in other posts don't amount to much in the way of answering someones questions in any meaningful way. I believe that I ask you to not use "YOUR NAME" when referring to me in a previous post.
Dick Gozinya

Fayetteville, PA

#9 Nov 14, 2011
<quoted text>
DITTO!!!
I realize that Woodsman is upset with certain game wardens and possibly has reason to be upset but that is none of your business.
I asked a simple question of someone(Woodsman), not you, and all I see is a stupid reply from you. Obviously, neither of you know much about the game wardens actual duties or methods of operation, or at least you aren't able to post them.
I rememember that most of your responses in other posts don't amount to much in the way of answering someones questions in any meaningful way. I believe that I ask you to not use "YOUR NAME" when referring to me in a previous post.
I think I've figured out who you really are. I'm thinking your real name is Richard Head, and everybody calls you Dick, LMFAO!!

Hanover

#10 Nov 14, 2011
Dick Gozinya wrote:
<quoted text> I think I've figured out who you really are. I'm thinking your real name is Richard Head, and everybody calls you Dick, LMFAO!!
With your name, you're the original "DICK HEAD" and since you "LMFAO", you're now a dickhead without an a$$! You must be quite odd looking.
Now, back to the original topic, what's your take on the game warden saga?
Fire Marshal Biil

Gettysburg, PA

#11 Nov 16, 2011
<quoted text>
DITTO!!!
I agree that you only ask some good questions. I am sure this individual would have an entirely different outlook on things should someone else who was not authorized been in those fields hunting and the game commission had just driven by.

I myself have been stopped the game wardens on my own property and ask to show ID, and my license. We usually have a little talk about how are things going, have you seen anything promising, and such.

When this happens to me, I say "At least his is doing his job."

Just an example of how tough their jobs are, trying to enforce regulations and still make people happy.

Now I will admit I would be VERY upset if I had a nice 10 point buck in my sights and this guy drove up and frightened it off before I could shoot.

Hanover

#12 Nov 16, 2011
Fire Marshal Biil wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that you only ask some good questions. I am sure this individual would have an entirely different outlook on things should someone else who was not authorized been in those fields hunting and the game commission had just driven by.
I myself have been stopped the game wardens on my own property and ask to show ID, and my license. We usually have a little talk about how are things going, have you seen anything promising, and such.
When this happens to me, I say "At least his is doing his job."
Just an example of how tough their jobs are, trying to enforce regulations and still make people happy.
Now I will admit I would be VERY upset if I had a nice 10 point buck in my sights and this guy drove up and frightened it off before I could shoot.
Bill, thanks for backing me up on this topic, your response is exactly my point, he's just doing his job.
I sure don't have any argument with your last sentence.
Fire Marshal Bill

Gettysburg, PA

#13 Nov 16, 2011
<quoted text>
Bill, thanks for backing me up on this topic, your response is exactly my point, he's just doing his job.
I sure don't have any argument with your last sentence.
But most of the wardens I know would notice I was aiming at something and would wait for me to fire, or pull the gun down. If I don't shoot, I'm sure their first question would be why not, just to hear my answer. And if I did, and I was illegal for for some reason, they would have another charge against me.

I have had dealings with game wardens many times over the years and have only had one incident where I felt he was not reasonable. The thing is they have a job to do, and unfortunately sometimes they upset some people who for some reason feel because they are questioned they are being picked on.
Woodsman

Gettysburg, PA

#14 Nov 17, 2011
Have either of you two delt with the new younger generation of Game Wardens? I can remember when Larry Haines was a Warden, & he was a helluva great person. He has since retired, but his replacements seem to be trying to make a quick name for themselves. To me it's about Conservation & Safety, to these new younger wardens it's about getting their name in the paper & making the state & county money! I've been hunting all my life & I've never been treated like a criminal before the way i was that day. I could'nt believe how they just jumped the ditch, came up the bank & back through the corn feild! They did'nt walk in, they brought their ford explorer in, all to find an old man Squirrel hunting that was perfectly legal! The Pa. Game Commission is over stepping it's authority a little to damn far, This is just another one of our freedoms being violated today,Wake the hell up America!!

Hanover

#15 Nov 17, 2011
Woodsman wrote:
Have either of you two delt with the new younger generation of Game Wardens? I can remember when Larry Haines was a Warden, & he was a helluva great person. He has since retired, but his replacements seem to be trying to make a quick name for themselves. To me it's about Conservation & Safety, to these new younger wardens it's about getting their name in the paper & making the state & county money! I've been hunting all my life & I've never been treated like a criminal before the way i was that day. I could'nt believe how they just jumped the ditch, came up the bank & back through the corn feild! They did'nt walk in, they brought their ford explorer in, all to find an old man Squirrel hunting that was perfectly legal! The Pa. Game Commission is over stepping it's authority a little to damn far, This is just another one of our freedoms being violated today,Wake the hell up America!!
I won't argue the fact that they may not have used the best procedures/manners that day, but the bottom line is, they still were just doing their job. How were they to know that it was just "an old man Squirrel hunting that was perfectly legal"?
What would your position be if the person in the field wasn't YOU but someone else doing something illegal on your land? I'm sorry, you can't have it both ways.
You're absolutely correct in that the younger wardens/people today don't have the common courtesy or manners that we were used to in the past.

Since: Oct 11

Chandigarh, India

#16 Nov 18, 2011
very interesting,but i am new to this site...
John Holmes

Carlisle, PA

#17 Dec 18, 2011
What gives them the right to drive in through a muddy corn feild? If they want to check someone why could'nt they just walk? seems like the farmer could hold the state responsible for damages done by a vehicle rutting up the feild & destroying the crop! Especially if it was posted No Trespassing!
Woodsman

Biglerville, PA

#18 Dec 22, 2011
Woodsman wrote:
If you think I'm kidding ,just read today's paper 12/22/11 & look at all the tickets they write! they can't just write one!!

Hanover

#19 Dec 22, 2011
Woodsman wrote:
<quoted text>If you think I'm kidding ,just read today's paper 12/22/11 & look at all the tickets they write! they can't just write one!!
I just looked thru the paper several times again, and I don't see one mention of anyone being charged by the game commission. There were many by the Hanover Police Dept., but nothing else.

Hanover

#20 Dec 22, 2011
<quoted text>
I just looked thru the paper several times again, and I don't see one mention of anyone being charged by the game commission. There were many by the Hanover Police Dept., but nothing else.
Sorry, I just found a list from a different District Justice and there were quite a few citations by the game commission. It looks like all of them were from one incident concerning a family hunting group.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 8 hr D Cheney 51,300
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Thu Ssl 5,426
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Thu Knows he lost 3,921
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug 15 Nicole 7
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug 9 Joe Biden 1
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul '14 Black dude 1
bulllys at the work place. Jul '14 robert 1
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••