Supervisors attack HRTA

The groundswell opposition to the Hampton Roads Transportation Authority just got a big new ally in James City County . Full Story
The Family Guy

Virginia Beach, VA

#1 Feb 27, 2008
It's about time someone stood up and did something since Richmond is ignoring us.
MARTHA B Newport News

Newport News, VA

#2 Feb 27, 2008
What in the world does selling a house have to do with fixing roads. Why is there a tax. The HRTA is a farce. They are doing as they please and are not listening to the taxpayers. The politicians that voted for it in the first place should be thrown out of office. It is plain discrimination because some areas are paying and some are not. Everyone uses the roads. Virginia taxes you for everything. You pay taxes when you buy a car and pay taxes again for as long as you keep the car plus the car payments. The vehicle still belongs to the dealer until you pay for it so tax them, not me. The voters go to the polls and still reelect the same people and then cry the blues.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min TSM 1,124,867
Hampton aims to slow population loss 40 min Alford 6
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Just Making It Al... 47,481
Gay couples hope legislation makes Hawaii first... (Feb '09) 5 hr KiMare 16,147
I remember in Hampton (Jan '08) 23 hr Wythe Girl 755
is Ebola at Hampton Roads eye associates,Hampton? Oct 18 Handy man 2
Hampton gang leader guilty on all counts, sente... Oct 17 Cindi 8
Hampton Dating
Find my Match

Hampton Jobs

Hampton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hampton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hampton

Personal Finance