Supervisors attack HRTA

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

The groundswell opposition to the Hampton Roads Transportation Authority just got a big new ally in James City County .
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Feb 27, 2008
The Family Guy

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2008

It's about time someone stood up and did something since Richmond is ignoring us.
MARTHA B Newport News

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2008

What in the world does selling a house have to do with fixing roads. Why is there a tax. The HRTA is a farce. They are doing as they please and are not listening to the taxpayers. The politicians that voted for it in the first place should be thrown out of office. It is plain discrimination because some areas are paying and some are not. Everyone uses the roads. Virginia taxes you for everything. You pay taxes when you buy a car and pay taxes again for as long as you keep the car plus the car payments. The vehicle still belongs to the dealer until you pay for it so tax them, not me. The voters go to the polls and still reelect the same people and then cry the blues.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Hampton Forum right now

Search the Hampton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Incognito4Ever 1,082,362
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min ritedownthemiddle 45,847
? Moving to Hampton, VA? (Aug '06) 8 hr Lol 245
I remember in Hampton (Jan '08) 12 hr Tabb 741
Why do blacks get everything free? (Dec '12) 12 hr Tabb 63
Obama care wont cover eye exam, colonoscopies, ... 13 hr Tabb 9
james Arthur Segura Sun laughing out loud 42
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hampton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000