Basically my story is the same as everyone else.- I young person came to my door selling magazines on December 20th 2010.
- I selected a 2yr subscription and was told to wait 90 - 120 days before delivery.
- I wrote a personal check that was cashed within days.
- 30 days later the site updated the status of my order saying that it had been submitted to the Publisher (1/31/11).
- After the required 120 days I had not received any word from the company via the website, phone call, or email after multiple attempts for a status update.
- I filed a complaint with the BBB on 4/12/11, I have copied the action items from my case at the end of this post.
- On 5/5/11 I called the Magazine directly and was told that an order had been placed for me and should arrive within the month.
- On 5/13/11 I received one issue of the magazine requested, but several weeks past the 120 day waiting period listed on the back of the white and orange sales receipt.
I did file a complaint with the BBB before discovering this site. They followed up with the company, but was unable to reach them, see the details of my claim below:
05/16/2011 Case Closed RESOLVED
05/16/2011 Inform Business - Case Closed RESOLVED
05/16/2011 Dispute RESOLVED- with Letter
05/16/2011 ReOpen the Complaint
05/13/2011 More info received from the consumer I called the Magazine provider 5/5/11 and was told the order was placed April 4th. Today 5/13/11 I received the first issue of my subscription with the requested 2-yr subscription length. Please inform the company and I consider the issue resolved.
05/12/2011 Case Closed - UNANSWERED
05/12/2011 Inform Business - Case Closed UNANSWERED
05/12/2011 Inform Consumer - Case Closed UNANSWERED
05/12/2011 Inform Consumer No Response from Business
05/11/2011 No Response received from Business on Reminder
05/02/2011 Reminder of Dispute to Business
05/02/2011 No response to first notice to business
04/14/2011 Notify Business of Dispute
04/14/2011 Send Acknowledgment to Consumer
04/14/2011 Case Reviewed by BBB
04/12/2011 Case Received by BBB
In all, I am not happy with the way that this had been handled. I am not sure that I would have received anything if I hadn't reached out to the BBB and filed a complaint. I most certainly will not do business with this company again, and will never buy from high pressure solicitors in the future.