ghost hunter

Belle, WV

#1 Mar 20, 2009
Who has seen "the cowboy" ghost around Grubbs? Give me your stories. I know there are a lot of them.
CountryBoy

Jonesboro, AR

#2 May 5, 2009
I have seen the cowboy ghost personally. I was in my house one night with my cousin and we were watching a movie on tv and waiting for my mom to get home from work and we both could have sworn that we heard the sound the car makes when it crunches up the gravel driveway. I walked out onto the front porch to see if she needed any help with anything and there was no car. I felt really cold for a night in June and I absentmindedly looked around outside to inspect the usual nonexistant Grubbs traffic when I noticed a tall man's figure wearing a long black coat and a black cowboy hat. I would have thought it was a random person if I could have seen the body move up and down like it were acutally walking, it didnt. The figure seemed to glide down Darden street towards the old elementary building, I choughed and the figure stopped and turned around to look at me. I couldn't see any facial features but the feeling that I got when it's head was pointed at me was absoloutly bonechilling.

I've also seen the figure at Blues Chapel(mispelled) when I was visiting my Grandfather's gravesite one night on my way home from Tuckerman, similar experence, though my cousin wasn't with me.

If anyone said the Cowboy ghost wasn't real then i'd like for them to try and convince me that he's not.
ghost hunter

Belle, WV

#3 May 6, 2009
I think my daughter and I saw him. We call him "cowboy cutout" because that's what he looked lik--a sillouette cutout against a tree out by Ballews Chapel. When we turned the car around to see it again, He was gone!!!
cecil

Newport, AR

#4 Jun 27, 2009
myself & 2 friends saw the Cowboy in 1988. he was standing on the side of hwy. 18 about aquarter of a mile south of Ballews Chapel Church.We drove past him slowly.He was wearing old greenish thick looking pants,a long "cowboy duster coat",and hat. He never turned his head to look at us as we went by,he just stared across the hwy as if we never crossed in front of him.Did not get to see his face.We turned around immediatly after we went by him and he was gone.In an instant he had disappeared.I have wondered if anyone else had ever seen this ghost.I would like to see him again.
Gatorback

Blytheville, AR

#5 Oct 25, 2009
If you really want to go see some spooky stuff and i'm not on here trying to be funny or anything but go to Sullins Cemetary late in the night and then comeback on here and tell me what you saw and your experience. I use to go get high down there like 10 years ago and yes there was some crazy stuff and yes your probably saying your just stoned well we did'nt get high one night and went down there and the same stuff started happening. You could set in your car and hear whispering and walking in the cemetary and the wind would just pickup so hard that you think it was going to storm and then it would just stop and be silent and if you went to start your vehicle it would not start and also been down there in the daytime on a four wheeler and had seen like a lil girl and boy quite a few times and also my fourwheeler would just quit and start backup and then quit again and if you go down there well there are quite a few gravesites back in the 20 to 40's where lil children had passed away from when they were young. There is some crazy stuff downthere and also you got a unsolved mystery of a possible hit and run that happened in 1986 who is buried down there so think about it before you go cause i'm not making this stuff up. I myself have'nt been downthere since 2003 whenever I started seeing lil children in the daytime and my fourwheeler just die and start backup and do the same ol thing over and over.
angels walk among us

Charleston, WV

#6 Oct 28, 2009
where is the sullins cemetary at ( directions)
cecil

Newport, AR

#7 Oct 31, 2009
I have been to Sullins cemetary and got a weird feeling while there.I'll have to go back there soon and check it out. Also, Linda Mayfield, if you read this leave a message on how I can get in touch with you. We'll see if we can see the cowboy or check out Sullins cemetary.
Gatorback

Blytheville, AR

#8 Nov 1, 2009
angels walk among us wrote:
where is the sullins cemetary at ( directions)
Go on Hwy 18 west like your going toward Newport and there is a cropduster strip which is owned by Rex and Steve Oliver just outside of Grubbs and right after you pass the air strip there will be a gravel road on the left and you see a sign that say's Sullins Cemetery and turn there and just keep on going straight and you'll come to a stop sign at the crossroads and you'll see a white house there,just go straight for about a 1/4 mile and then turn left and your there!
Gatorback

Blytheville, AR

#9 Nov 1, 2009
I mean turn right instead of left after going straight for a 1/4 mile!
Razorback Fan

Blytheville, AR

#10 Nov 1, 2009
I've never seen the cowboy ghost but I have witness some crazy things at Sullins Cemetery and most of the things above that happened at Sullins Cemetery is true and also known other as well that has had the same experience down there. As for the unsolved possible hit and run well that's where Eddie Sullins is buried and for the lil children,well there are a lot of gravesites down there for children mostly from 6 to 9 years old buried down there and i'm guessing with most of them gravesites being from the 20's to 40's it was probably due to the fact I believe Polio was bad back then and several children who got it did'nt survive and I saw in the Newport Independent where these ghost hunters want to find some new places to get voice recording and more,well they need to go down there,they will get all they want!
angels walk among us

Charleston, WV

#11 Nov 2, 2009
Thanks for the address. I will check it out soon. God Bless
Jami

Fort Worth, TX

#12 Jun 17, 2010
If you do go, please keep in mind you are on a family cemetry. Everone in that cemetary is related to me. Please respect my family, I'm not against anyone going , I personally would like to go and see if I can see experience anything myself. With that being said , happy ghost hunting.
Valcour

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Feb 12, 2014
I have seen this same ghost. It was in St. Louis, in 1998. It was 3:00a.m. and he slowly walked down the middle of our street. I observed him for a full 5 minutes or so, and then he simply disappeared. He was wearing a long "duster" coat, cowboy hat, and cowboy boots. He also had a duffle bag slung over one shoulder. Even though I was outside, and would have been fully visible to him, he never turned his head to look at me. It was as if I wasn't there.
I also know of one other person who saw this same exact apparition two years after I did, also in the St. Louis area. Neither his clothes or his oblivious demeanor had changed and he also vanished in front of this woman as well. I have often wondered how many people have seen him and where. I am so glad I saw your post.
ghost

United States

#14 Nov 2, 2014
Is there a certain woman there about 42 that I just haunted , if you read this you will know who you are

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grubbs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amanda Strickland 38 min curious 1
sick it 1 hr Oak 14
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Wow 30,466
jonathon dobbs (Mar '13) 2 hr JDnameownit 4
wrs that married blond 2 hr oldschool 1
april willard (Dec '12) 2 hr April 8
harmony homes 3 hr wondering1 3
Grubbs Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web