Paranormal team to search for ghost at Slippery Rock U.

Full story: GoErie.com

A group of paranormal investigators is heading to Slippery Rock University in western Pennsylvania where they hope to find a ghost named Emma who is said to haunt the school's theater and a dorm.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
BeckyKnapp

Bolivar, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2009

Judged:

I wonder how much this is costing. to hunt for ghosts? And how do they know WHO this ghost is? Did she write her name on a wall? I DO hope the Times follows up with this, and lets us all know if they got pictures of the ghost. This is more fun than hunting for missing persons -- searching for ghosts!
Azure

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2009

Judged:

Most times Paranormal Investigation groups do not charge...Payment is the thrill of the hunt! I too, hope the Times does a follow-up on this story...
Spirits are always an interesting subject!
Ecdysiast

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2009

Judged:

Well, now we know that even our state institutions of higher learning are not exempt from the oogum-boogum of magical mysterio-mumbojumbo. What is this, Haiti?

It's embarrassing.
Penny from Tenney

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2009

Judged:

How fun! Wish it was Jason and Grant from Ghost Hunters.
Allie

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2009

Judged:

I'd like a follow up on this story as well. My husband is a graduate of Slippery Rock and said he had some odd experiences there...course that could have been after a few cold ones.
Jut

Slippery Rock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2009

Judged:

I Go to SRU here and understand that they are coming here to Miller Audtorium and also one of our traditional dorms. I don't personally live in the dorm but the students who live in North Hall, the dorm that is supposed to be haunted, claim that a lot of wierd things happen in the dorm. Lets just wait and see what this ghost team says.
lakerman1

Cambridge Springs, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2009

Judged:

Who you gonna call!!! Ghostbusters!!!
(perhaps the stupidest movie of all time!)
Ecdysiast

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

Judged:

Such things as ghosts and demons make enjoyable fiction (literature and cinema) but are no more real than Dr Seuss or Starwars.

Bout the only way I'm cool with this haunting stuff is if it's done in the same vein as Society for Creative Anachronism activities. As long as you know it's basically fantasy, you're okay. When you start thinking it's real, your mental health is compromised.(Even considering that there are doses of history larded through the SCA activities, it's still just a lot role playing.)
tank kline

Altoona, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2009

Judged:

we want to know the truth to whats out there
angelstar701

Indiana, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2009

Judged:

I had several ghost experiences while attending Point Park University. There were so many ghosts there that the college made it into a book about ghosts in Pittsburgh.
Necklace2245

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2009

Judged:

I work in Lawrence Hall at Point Park University. There is a very heavy atmosphere in that building and I often feel like I'm being watched. I'd be very interested in hearing about your experiences. Do you remember what the name of the book was?
chubby

Florence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2009

Judged:

a ghost come in my bedroom and violated my privates.
name814

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2009

Judged:

BeckyKnapp wrote:
I wonder how much this is costing. to hunt for ghosts? And how do they know WHO this ghost is? Did she write her name on a wall? I DO hope the Times follows up with this, and lets us all know if they got pictures of the ghost. This is more fun than hunting for missing persons -- searching for ghosts!
Go piss up a rope.
stephanie

Galena, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2009

Judged:

omg! my cusin goes to that collge man i wish i was there to see coool!!!!!!!!!! it's very close were i live!(butler catholic rules!!!!!!!!!!7th grader
Trixie Love

Monroeville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2009

Judged:

I lived in Lawrence Hall at Point Park University. I have had many experiences throughout the year. Starting off with the supposed "shuffler". The shuffler is said to be an older male that walks the halls and moves your things. During the year I have heard shuffling in my room, and some things were moved. My roommates belongings were found in a bottom drawer of my desk that I never opened. Also, I found bobby-pins in my dresser. They did not belong to anyone that we knew. The door was always locked, so we do not know where they came from. Other than the shuffler moving our belongings occasionally, it was quiet most of the year. Until the last month. Some time during that month I was doing a final project on the Ouija Board for my Religions class. During the research section of my project, strange things were happening. First, my roommate took a nap and during this time she felt someone sat at the end of her bed. We believe this was someone she knew. Then,the paper she was working on (later in the evening) was moved from the top of her desk into a drawer while we were talking. We did not see anything out of the ordinary. Last, her chocolate candies that were on top of the mini fridge dropped to the floor and spilled everywhere. They were wedged between a coffee maker and a jar of peanut butter! There was no logical explanation for what happened. We believed it to be an angry spirit that came back in response to the nicer spirit from earlier in the evening. She also blamed my interest in the paranormal for some of the suspicious activity.
The MAAn From Eternity

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2009

Judged:

Ecdysiast wrote:
It's embarrassing.
As if your name isn't...hey dude :)
Doc from the big water

Conneaut Lake, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

Judged:

No wonder Emma is haunting Slippery Rock, they burned her historic house to the ground, and they should be haunted.
mary

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Judged:

Necklace2245 wrote:
I work in Lawrence Hall at Point Park University. There is a very heavy atmosphere in that building and I often feel like I'm being watched. I'd be very interested in hearing about your experiences. Do you remember what the name of the book was?
I lived in lawrence hall while at PPU and i will agree to the heavy feeling in the building. also at night in the upper floors of Lawrence (the dorm floors) many people, myself included, have heard someone shuffling up and down the hallway.
THE PHANTOM

Conneaut Lake, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

THE GHOST IN MILLER AUDITORIUM AT SLIPPERY ROCK UNIVERSITY, WAS EMMA GUFFY MILLER, WHO LIVED AT WOLF CREEK FARM NEARBY. SHE WAS NATIONALY KNOWN AND SPENT HER TIME BETWEEN WASHINGTON D.C. AND HER HOME AT WOLF CREEK. WHEN SHE DIED SHE LEFT PART OF HER PROPERTY TO S.R.U. AND HER HOME, AND FARM TO THE TAYLOR FAMILY. THE TAYLORS DECIDED TO BURN THE PLANTATION STYLE HOUSE DOWN , AND THEY DID WHILE THE SLIPPERY ROCK FIRE DEPT WATCHED.
THE PLANTATION HOUSE SHOULD HAVE BEEN PRESERVED AS A HISTORICAL LAND MARK, BUT IT WAS NOT BECAUSE OF POLITICS EMMA WAS A DEMOCRAT AND THE AREA IS REPUBLICAN. ANYWAY EMMA'S GHOST HAS NO HOME TO GO TO , AND HAUNTS MILLER AUDITORIUM

Since: Mar 10

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery rock...where men are men and women are men too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grove City Discussions

Search the Grove City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 48 min coffeebagger 3,518
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr Donald Rumsfeld 51,327
Debate: Marijuana - Grove City, PA (Sep '10) Sat Yag 12
synthetic Mar 24 albert 1
missie kaylor-chestnut Jan '14 jenny 2
District Judge Silvis ending 14-year stint (Oct '08) Dec '13 Watcher1 19
shaun gibson---GET A BAD CHECK FROM THIS GUY ????? (Mar '12) Nov '13 still at it dude 27
•••
•••
•••
Grove City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Grove City Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Grove City People Search