Spalding Co. Teen Arrested in Shooting Death of Another Teen

Nov 23, 2008 Full story: MyFOX Atlanta 37

Investigators said Saturday, Nov. 22, 2008 that 19-year-old Cody Allen Ward was shot late Friday night.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
michael sherred

Atlanta, GA

#1 Nov 23, 2008
both cody and joe were my best friends and still cannot belive he would do such a stupid thing.......RIP cody...ill miss u

Since: Nov 08

Jackson, Ga

#2 Nov 24, 2008
I'm so sorry about the loss of your friends. I didn't know Cody very well, but I know his mother and stepfather. He was a good guy. It's such a terrible and devastating thing that happened, and he is surely missed!
AmandaStarr

Forsyth, GA

#3 Nov 24, 2008
Wow, life can be taken in an instant. RIP CODY. I didn't know him personally, but he was a dear friend to many of my loved friends.
marsha mooney

Griffin, GA

#4 Nov 26, 2008
such a young life has been taken from us and it hurts so much. the family has great pain for the lost of a son. our friend is gone but is far from being forgotten.. we will miss him dearly.. we love you cody.. i will always cherish the memories that me and my family have and i know we will see you again in a better place... you will always be in my heart...
Mackenzie Farrar

Dallas, GA

#5 Dec 19, 2008
Cody Alan Ward -
I still cant believe your gone. Everyone was really looking forward to being able to see you on Thanksgiving. Something this tragic should have never happened to someone as big-hearted as you. I desperatly wish I could have seen you more often, but just the times I saw you meant enough. Your life should have never been taken for something so ignorant. You will deffiantly be remembered & you will always remain in my heart. There is no doubt about where you went. You were a good kid, and most of all you weren't afraid to show your love for your family anywhere. Loosing my first cousin was very hard, although im sure loosing a son/ brother was so much worse. Our family feels so blessed to have so many friends that care and prayed for us, thanks alot! Im sure Uncle Terry is taking good care of you. Ill see you again one day. I love and miss you Cody Ward </3
RIP CODY WARD - 112108!
- I want to give a special thanks to Uncle Alan , Sherry and Britt - Britt for staying strong throughout the whole thing ; which also made me keep faith in myself . I feel that since the three of them are going on through life , with their heads held high that motivates me to keep my head held high .
brandon cater

Atlanta, GA

#6 Mar 28, 2009
i didnt know cody well but he was like family its sad that some one would do that he will always be rememberd rest in peace cody allen ward we love you
Kerri

Smithville, MO

#7 Apr 14, 2009
Does anyone know the outcome of the trial for Cody's murderer? We moved and haven't heard anything recently.
Beth

United States

#8 Apr 14, 2009
yes-joe was convicted of murder, not malice murder, and was sentenced to thirty-one years in prison. after those thirty-one years, he will be eligible for parole. if he doesn't make parole, he stays in prison for another four years, extending his sentence to thirty-five years.
Kerri

AOL

#9 Apr 15, 2009
Was there any reasoning he gave for murdering Cody? Did he just lose his mind or what? The whole thing is devastatingly sad. Cody was such a good kid.
Haley Fowler

Douglasville, GA

#10 Apr 17, 2009
kenzie that was sweet!i miss cody so much he was my cousin and i love him even though we didnt see each other much!we all miss you so much it still dosent feel right,i know well have enternity in heaven!Take care of big mama and daddy up there for us!your life shouldnt have been taking away!brittney is being strong and im so proud of her and so is uncle allen!youll always be in my heart i love you see you soon!
peachy

Lawrenceville, GA

#11 May 19, 2009
Beth wrote:
yes-joe was convicted of murder, not malice murder, and was sentenced to thirty-one years in prison. after those thirty-one years, he will be eligible for parole. if he doesn't make parole, he stays in prison for another four years, extending his sentence to thirty-five years.
No, if you guys are still reading this, he was convicted of voluntary manslaughter, not murder. Get your facts right before you go posting. He has 35 years in prison. broken down by 3 charges. Again, don't post if you're stupid.
peachy

Lawrenceville, GA

#12 May 19, 2009
Oh, and Andrew Chambers (an accomplice) and Britney got off scot-free. They had a lot to do with this, including instigation.
Katelyn

Atlanta, GA

#13 Jun 18, 2009
Umm i dont think i've ever met joe, ive never met cody, but i know i believe cody's step sister Gabby and Joe's girlfriend allison, and i know how hard it is because my cousin nick died in a house fire at 3:am luckily nick died peacefully in his sleep because of the smoke.
But even though i never met cody ill still miss him.
go on youtube and type in cody alan ward and frank nicholas leist (:
Kerri

Smithville, MO

#14 Jun 18, 2009
Was Andrew Chambers the kid that was on the news describing what happened? And how did he and Brittney manage to get off scott-free?
gabby

Griffin, GA

#15 Sep 15, 2009
peachy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, if you guys are still reading this, he was convicted of voluntary manslaughter, not murder. Get your facts right before you go posting. He has 35 years in prison. broken down by 3 charges. Again, don't post if you're stupid.
K, whoever this is, you need to chill out. i know it better not be allison cause if it is allison, you have nooo right to be on any of codys stuff. get a life & stop trying to take up for joe.
kk? thanks, bye.
Lostone

Griffin, GA

#16 Sep 17, 2009
He was amazing I loved him. So sad what happened how can u do that to he best friend.
gabby

Griffin, GA

#17 Oct 5, 2009
Kerri wrote:
Was Andrew Chambers the kid that was on the news describing what happened? And how did he and Brittney manage to get off scott-free?
yes, that was andrew on the news.
Andrew Chambers

Griffin, GA

#18 Oct 11, 2009
im andrew alot of people talk shit on me and say i have something to do with it.this is how it went down.Cody called me and saided that joe was goin around say he had sex with brittany.cody asked me if i would go get him so they could talk about it,i said yes.so i walk to get joe and when i get there joe had the gun.i asked him whats he goin with it and he said that so cody dont jump out of the woods and beat his ass.so me and joe are walkin up to my xs house one house down from codys.and cody told me to bring joe over to his house.me and joe turn down my xs grive way and we are walkin down and i here cody runin on the rocks.so i turn around and joe did to.joe said stop right there then joe shot three times then cody fell and joe shot agine.i started to go and hit joe,but joe toke off runnin the other way.so i started runnin to cody.when i got to him he would not say anything back to me.so i lifted his shirt and saw he was bleedin i toke my shirt off and held it were he was bleedin at.then codys dad alan came up and i was on the phone with the police.alan said cody i love you and then cody said daddy i love you to.then the cops got there.and i tried to bring them where i thought he would be.thats what happin so dont talk shit on me just because you dont no me.i love Cody and hate me or like me i fill for joe to.and any body who thinks i had something to do with that murder come talk shit to my face..R.I.P. Cody Ward.
Andrew Chambers

Griffin, GA

#19 Oct 12, 2009
Kerri wrote:
please tell me somebody how did i have something to do with this murder.if i was in on the hole thang then why didint i run with joe??i ran to cody and did all i could do.so i just want to no why everybody says i was in on the hole thang???i had codys head in my lap tellin him that he was not goin to die.you no its a fuck up thang to see somebody get shot.on top of that you got these assholes who said i had something to do with it.i told alan codys dad that i dont care what anybody else thinks as long as he nos that i didint.so if you need to no something about it just ask dont just beleave what people tell you....here from the person who saw it all.
Mary-Caitlin Wiggins

Decatur, GA

#21 Oct 24, 2009
I never really got to meet Cody face-to-face . I was really good friends with Brittany and Gabby . I saw Cody and the family on the way back from eating for Cody's birthday , and i was going to meet him soon . I have always told Brittany that we were going to get married in heaven .(: Cody is really missed ! we all love and miss him so much!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Griffin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prophet Michael Obeng 18 hr LoveMeErica 9
my number Nov 16 Anthonyferro 1
Band for Veterans Day, Williamson, Ga Nov 4 Kiva 1
wants baby from a stranger Nov 1 daddydevoe 1
what is this I found it down by the river Oct 28 morning 2
Sara Stewart Oct '14 cindi 1
E. Ray Sharpe, Jr (Mar '12) Oct '14 bts 41

Griffin News Video

Griffin Dating
Find my Match