Old evidence at new trial

Full story: Rocky Mountain News

An Adams County judge Thursday ruled that notes and blood evidence taken by a now-dead investigator at a murder scene 25 years ago can be used in the case against Troy Brownlow.
Comments
841 - 860 of 1,106 Comments Last updated Jun 3, 2014
Confused

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2008

Three "churl" girls claim Brownlow didn't do it because he was there; Brownlow claims he did not do it because he was not (not) there. Shug does not feel a "tingle" that Troy is guilty. The jury must pay for their error. Prosecute the jury.

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2008

The Jury did the right thing!!!!
From Up Here

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

Of course, Member, the evidence leaves no doubt; Troy is not convinced of his innocence so refuses to take the stand. The "churl" girls, Laura, Laine, and Gina believe that dinosaurs are put into Noah's Ark to ride the waves for nearly a year making Troy's allegation of "big dude" did it after he ran from the premises equally absurd unless one believes in allegory, a fable, whereas any account containing talking animals is a fairy tale.~~~ "And so it goes."

Since: Apr 08

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2008

If I clicked the correct tactic my picture at the chess table with my opponent and the chess board not shown while at school should come up. I was honing my skill so the day would come when I could beat my sister, Deanna, and lord it over her. My dad said: “Concentrate your power in the middle of the board.” I was working on that strategy. Of course, Troy, intervened when I let him in when he came to visit Deanna. The rest is history. Troy is such a liar: If he had pushed me into the figment of his imagination and skedaddled he would not have left his blood in so many places. It is inexplicable how the “churl” girls can take the side of a murderer whose rap sheets and sordid history has been documented in this forum. It is by the grace of God that my sister does not suffer my fate since Troy is in hiding watching and quaking in his boots when she discovers my maimed body: Nanine (Nini) Grimes.
huffer

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2008

how is everybody doing
Richard Grimes

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2008

Yo Huffer: I know this blog has a topic and I'll show concern for abrogating the subject matter and respond to your query.

Huffer: I feel like hell. I suffer every day. I have my baby's picture in several places on my wall and frig. Some days the tears come. The tears come now as I respond to you. "Have a good day" uttered by someone in this blog means they don't suffer as I. It means they could care less about my Nini, my somewhat sickly baby who turned healthy in her teens until she met her ghastly death. Ends before I make my short answer too long.
huffer

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2008

i do care about nini
Deanna Grimes

Glendale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2008

Thanks Rod.

Since: Apr 08

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

May 7, 43 years ago, my mom, dad, and I make a beeline for the hospital. My dad enjoys a mother's day lunch served to him; it is capon. I exit the birth canal and am cleaned and handed to my mom. I hear her say, "There is nothing like holding a new baby, the feel and the smell of that new life."

I cling to life undergoing surgery for a lazy eye soon after I'm born; I have nose bleeds and the doctor cauterizes; I turn fifteen; the feel and smell of that new life my mom feels turns into the pungent smell of death. My killer's fate is mourned by a few; I'm elated but not consoled my death is mourned by many; my mom and dad continue to cry; they will never know a good or a great day. They are as trapped in confinement as my killer. Me, Nini.

“Don't like the rules?...Leave”

Since: Mar 07

Denver, but on pause...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

Judged:

Happy (late) Birthday, Nini...
Some of us remember, and will not let your murder be forgotten...
My prayers to your family...

Since: May 08

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2008

Mom: Just like dad will never have a good day or great day, neither will you and neither will you have a happy mother’s day; however, I admit May 11 (Mother’s Day) recalling what my second cousin, Felima Kulinski, said on her remembrance of me widely circulated so close to Mother’s Day:

“Nanine Grimes was born May 7, 1965, and was an innocent girl when stabbed to death Sept. 4, 1980, in her home in Adams County , Colorado . Nanine’s life and earth reminds us of another innocent girl who died a martyr’s death: Maria Gorette was stabbed to death in her home in Southern Italy at the beginning of this century. She died rather than offend Jesus. Before she died, Maria forgave the boy who caused her death.”

If Troy had become a stellar citizen, perhaps I could forgive him; however, his rap sheet is too extensive to warrant forgiveness. The Book of Life augments his offenses by ten. He is not worthy of membership in society. I cannot wish you a day that will include “happy” a futility, indeed: Perhaps the song has some validity:“We will meet again, don’t know where don’t know when.” I love you, mom: Nini.

“Don't like the rules?...Leave”

Since: Mar 07

Denver, but on pause...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2008

Understanding the thought of "forgivness" is something we all need to do...
But, when you have criminals who are this brutal, there's not alot of room for it...
From Up Here

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2008

Troy Brownlow argues in his Brief that the crime scene evidence cannot be admitted that includes blood containing his DNA because investigator Smith died in 1993; it was an older and larger man that butchered Nanine; it was two suspects not admitted into evidence that massacred Nanine; the appliance repair man’s extreme cruelty left the carnage; a man convicted of a similar stabbing left Nanine in a bloodbath; a man seen at Nanine’s funeral wearing a glove in an extreme act of violence and malevolence filled with iniquity and abject wickedness plunged a knife into Nanine in excess of eighty times. In Troy’s Brief, he leaves out “big dude” since its absurdity cannot be questioned

Troy admits to being on the crime scene with his blood found on the bathroom sink, a backyard hose, a dishtowel in the backyard, on the concrete ledge, on the fence, on the refrigerator, on the headboard, on the bedroom wall, on the hallway walls. His fingerprint was found on the bathroom sink. Troy seeks to create other suspects so as to create reasonable doubt; however, his creativity doesn’t pass muster because none can be tied to the crime scene.

Troy’s defense includes exclusion of DNA because he is biracial and statistical probabilities are suspect. Troy even argues about exhibits not mentioned in the record and are not even a consideration for the Appeal’s Court and even if they were, the fact (it is a fact) that Troy failed to report his presence 25 years ago thereby forfeiting his right to even challenge the collection of evidence.

Troy’s cry in his Brief is: Keep out the evidence or I will be falsely convicted and the churl girls, Laine, Gina, and Laura saying May 15, 2006:“I guess if he is guilty this evidense (sic) already calls for some mistrials or appeals,” kneel in prayer uttering Amen.~~ And so it goes.
1st ex-wife

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2008

In regard to Mr. Twister. Your information pertaining to me is way off base! I THINK I know who you are. Where are you getting this stuff?
1st ex-wife

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2008

D.R. Long time no hear,speak, etc. Got your "Grey Bar" note. Unfortunately my rents no longer live in DEN! I haven't lived there for over 20 yrs. Although both of my parents did graduate from D.U. I do not, nor have I ever been employed there. So PLEASE DO NOT BOTHER the unfortunate woman that happens to share my name!!I am who I claim to be! You are the reclusive one. I have tried to locate you in the past. What's your deal?
huffer

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2008

how do people know where troys ex wives are. why would anybody care about him at all he is a sick pig. he needs mjor help. those poor women had to put up with his b.s.
1st ex-wife

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Thank you Huffer!! I am one of them! I only came across this sick formum becuz some mysterious person, from my past, decided to send it to me! I have read very little of what people are saying,however I do feel for the Grimes family, and had I known anything about this crime during the years I was with him, I would have never hesitated to come forward! Believe me when I found out about this I was in UTTER SHOCK! However, after some serious self-reflection, and looking back on the things that had gone on in our lives (Troy & I) alot of things started to make sense. It makes me ill to think I spent so many years with a person that was capable of this!
Mike

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2008

I wonder if the churl girls: Laura, Gina, and the "ho" Laine along with Shug still champion Troy's innocence.
Stupid People

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2008

Thanks to you 1st ex-wife: Indeed, this may be a "sick forum;" however, thanks to Troy's wannabe sister-in-law, Laura Cleveland, for creating it. Without this forum, I would not have learned about Troy. The guy has a history that would make him a good friend to Charles Manson. Knowing Troy's history continues to sustain some bloggers in their insistence that Troy should walk the streets. I have to take Huffer to task; he insults the pig by comparing Troy to the animal that never does wrong. Somebody enter something so sinister that Troy can be compared to: He not only killed Nadine; he mutilated her. His history mandates his confinement for life even if he had not stabbed, cut, pierced, slashed Nadine in excess of 80 times. May Troy's history continue to play out in this forum.
1st ex-wife

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

I do not believe that Troy will EVER be granted parole! At least deep in my heart I hope that the justice system will acknowlege that he has already been granted that!(ie. the 25 yrs he was alowed to exist in society and execute further crimes)I don't know who these "Troy Supporters" are. I do know they were not in our lives 3 yrs after he committed this crime, as we were on and off from '83 until our separation in '91 and divorce in '92. Apparently all of these people came out of the wood-works when there was some celebrity surrounding this case. I feel for these disallusioned individuals

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Greenwood Village Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greenwood Village People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••