greenville information

Posted in the Greenville Forum

“*Supah Stah*”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#1 Apr 17, 2012
ok. i'm considering moving to sc, but the only area i have been to is greenville. i have friends who live there. husband is a corrections officer, so we're considering relocating. he's looked into some prisons in sc, but need some info on the area.

what's the rental price range for 3BR house? my friends are in a city area. i'm looking for something outside of downtown. something with a yard. what would a rental price be? what electric and gas companies are there? we have AEP and Buckeye electric companies here where Buckeye is outrageously high while AEP will work with you if your payment might be late. what gas companies are there? ours here is columbia gas. is it hard to find a place that's total electric? what about the water? city water vs county water, or whatever you have. i'd like to find an area where there would be yard space for a garden, but also have cable available for internet. what cable companies are there, and what parts of town would have the service?

schooling. what are some good schools? i would rather not be in an inner city school system, but i do have one child who is gifted, so i'd like to find a school that will help him. we have this pso program here where kids can earn college credits while in middle school and high school. middle school here is 6-8 grade, and hs is 9-12. i have two toddlers who will be in preschool this fall also. the grade school my son goes to has preschool in the same building.

any info on any of this would be appreciated. we're not sure on the towns, but we are really leaning toward moving to sc in general.

i have a bi-racial child. we changed schools this year to a city school here because of the racial tension at the old school. this area where we live is predominantly white rednecks. we had lots of problems with him being called nasty names. there are blacks here, but the county schools are pretty racist. the city school we moved to has more black kids, so he's not picked on as much. he's native american, but people assume he's mexican for some reason. people here don't like spanish people. he was the only indian child at his school. i know greenville is not bad about all this like the people here are. i want to raise my kids in a better area where people are more accepted just as people.

please give me your ideas, thoughts and advice, but please keep it respectful. thanks!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need new parents. Its either yes or no. I dont ... (May '12) Dec 17 karen00 9
Airsoft Team in Greenville, SC (Jan '10) Dec 17 xBIO_OPTICx 19
anyone know phillip lovin (Feb '10) Dec 8 Bluegrass 46
Hookers in Greenville Dec 8 Scoot Van Knowbetter 2
Review: BK Residential Construction (Jun '13) Dec 8 Valerie 6
where Dec 7 Scooter Van Nooter 2
Review: Ronnie's Trim Shop Dec 6 Jerry W 2
Greenville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greenville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greenville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greenville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:11 am PST

NBC Sports 4:11AM
Julio Jones shows what a "stud" he is during comeback
NFL 5:05 AM
Galette: Saints locker room 'feels like a funeral'
NBC Sports 5:44 AM
Roddy White to Keenan Lewis: We just woke up out of the grave
NFL 6:21 AM
Atlanta? San Fran? Where might Rex end up next?
NBC Sports11:58 AM
Panthers add Frank Alexander to 53-man roster