Nothing for teens to do around here!

Posted in the Greenville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
......

Greenville, KY

#1 Jul 11, 2012
There really needs to be a lot more stuff to do around this county. I mean parents wonder why kids are off doing drugs or get pregnant it's cuz there nothing else to do around here than get high or have sex. So I really think they need to come up with something for teens to do in this county.
old fart

Greenville, KY

#2 Jul 11, 2012
When I was a teen,we could cruise Central City,park on the lots and hang out,bowling alley,arcade,pool rooms,drive up and down the haul roads....we didn't need a mall,we made our own fun.The teens of today are in a school prison and released everyday to do nothing till next day to return to school prison.
......

Greenville, KY

#3 Jul 11, 2012
old fart wrote:
When I was a teen,we could cruise Central City,park on the lots and hang out,bowling alley,arcade,pool rooms,drive up and down the haul roads....we didn't need a mall,we made our own fun.The teens of today are in a school prison and released everyday to do nothing till next day to return to school prison.
There is no bowling alley anymore and it cost to much to cruise around and there's no arcades either.
Been there

United States

#4 Jul 12, 2012
I agree there is nothing here for teens or anyone but drugs and sex is something people do by choice. Old fart is right we had lots of things to keep us moving. That's all. There was still a lot of drugs and sex. It was our choice to do that or not
......

Greenville, KY

#5 Jul 12, 2012
True but there probably wasn't a lot of it back in the day as there is now.
Been there

United States

#6 Jul 12, 2012
O yes it was. There was plenty. I agree there is nothing but it is still a choice to do drugs or not. I had a major drug problem when there was plenty to do here. That was my choice. I have plenty of children also. Drugs and sex was my choice. Always think ahead before you do or try anything. What will this do to me or cost me later?
Hmmm

United States

#7 Jul 13, 2012
There has never been anything to do here! Never! This is why, back in the day, we cruised town and the hall roads. And sadly, there never will be because the officials of this county dont really care if these kids are bored or not. Yet they do plenty to make sure they are entertained with all their little concerts at the square, with washed up nobodys performing. Im sure some will argue that but lets be realistic.. If they were any good or not washed up they wouldnt be performing at the greenville courthouse or the new bank in central! This county really should be more concerned with the youth, cuz lets face it, they are the future of it!
......

Greenville, KY

#8 Jul 13, 2012
Hmmm wrote:
There has never been anything to do here! Never! This is why, back in the day, we cruised town and the hall roads. And sadly, there never will be because the officials of this county dont really care if these kids are bored or not. Yet they do plenty to make sure they are entertained with all their little concerts at the square, with washed up nobodys performing. Im sure some will argue that but lets be realistic.. If they were any good or not washed up they wouldnt be performing at the greenville courthouse or the new bank in central! This county really should be more concerned with the youth, cuz lets face it, they are the future of it!
I agree. The bands that play at the square aren't very good. And it's mainly music it for older people. They need to have something more this generation.
love to laugh

Lubbock, TX

#9 Jul 14, 2012
I'm not a teen anymore,but my children will be very soon,when I was younger I spent the weekends at the bowling alley or the skateing rank (I was so very sad to c them both shut down)and my summers swiming and fishing and trying to stay outta trouble..lol..but I completly agree instead of haveing all those liquor stores and gas stations in c.c we should have an arcade or the bowling alley fixed and reopened or an inside arcade/laser tag//paint ball/minni golf course like evansville has(we went their played golf,played arcade and laser tag and ate pizza with 3 kids for under $45)..most parents like myself r not rich so I would like something around here for kids of most ages/fun/ and affordable..I bet if anyone put something like that in this town they would make their $$ back quick and profit
......

Greenville, KY

#10 Jul 15, 2012
love to laugh wrote:
I'm not a teen anymore,but my children will be very soon,when I was younger I spent the weekends at the bowling alley or the skateing rank (I was so very sad to c them both shut down)and my summers swiming and fishing and trying to stay outta trouble..lol..but I completly agree instead of haveing all those liquor stores and gas stations in c.c we should have an arcade or the bowling alley fixed and reopened or an inside arcade/laser tag//paint ball/minni golf course like evansville has(we went their played golf,played arcade and laser tag and ate pizza with 3 kids for under $45)..most parents like myself r not rich so I would like something around here for kids of most ages/fun/ and affordable..I bet if anyone put something like that in this town they would make their $$ back quick and profit
I agree.
This town trip

United States

#11 Jul 16, 2012
They dont have anything for kids to do. But they busy spend that money doing nothing for the poor kids. Who wants to hear them old bands agreed about that. There was even r&b that was best thing ever been there. But course they was black bet there not one this year?
......

Greenville, KY

#12 Jul 16, 2012
There will never be anything to do in this town.
denny

Owensboro, KY

#13 Jul 17, 2012
[QUOTE who="......"]There will never be anything to do in this town.[/QUOTE]Been lots of moaning and complaining on here and I haven't seen a single suggestion on what you would like to see changed.That's what I would like to hear about.
been there

Owensboro, KY

#14 Jul 17, 2012
love to laugh wrote:
I'm not a teen anymore,but my children will be very soon,when I was younger I spent the weekends at the bowling alley or the skateing rank (I was so very sad to c them both shut down)and my summers swiming and fishing and trying to stay outta trouble..lol..but I completly agree instead of haveing all those liquor stores and gas stations in c.c we should have an arcade or the bowling alley fixed and reopened or an inside arcade/laser tag//paint ball/minni golf course like evansville has(we went their played golf,played arcade and laser tag and ate pizza with 3 kids for under $45)..most parents like myself r not rich so I would like something around here for kids of most ages/fun/ and affordable..I bet if anyone put something like that in this town they would make their $$ back quick and profit
I think if you'll read this posting and think about it(going out of the county to spend your money) you'll see why those business's(mini-golf,arcades,b owling alley)had to close.
This town trip

Belton, KY

#15 Jul 17, 2012
Skate board park i know am wasting my time but turn some that money for the kids.
......

Greenville, KY

#16 Jul 17, 2012
denny wrote:
[QUOTE who="......"]There will never be anything to do in this town."

Been lots of moaning and complaining on here and I haven't seen a single suggestion on what you would like to see changed.That's what I would like to hear about.

Well they could reopen the bowling alley and the skating rink. They could open an arcade and a mini golf corse. They could build a skate park like they have been saying for years. Go cart racing would be fun too.
Woody

Belton, KY

#17 Jul 17, 2012
[QUOTE who="......"]<quo ted text>
Well they could reopen the bowling alley and the skating rink. They could open an arcade and a mini golf corse. They could build a skate park like they have been saying for years. Go cart racing would be fun too.[/QUOTE]I will get right on that as soon as "they" send me the money.
......

Greenville, KY

#18 Jul 17, 2012
Woody wrote:
[QUOTE who="......"]<quo ted text>
Well they could reopen the bowling alley and the skating rink. They could open an arcade and a mini golf corse. They could build a skate park like they have been saying for years. Go cart racing would be fun too. "

I will get right on that as soon as "they" send me the money.
yeah right.
love to laugh

Lubbock, TX

#19 Jul 17, 2012
been there wrote:
<quoted text>I think if you'll read this posting and think about it(going out of the county to spend your money) you'll see why those business's(mini-golf,arcades,b owling alley)had to close.
We rarely go outta town,we just moved back here from evansville last yr,that's y I think it would be great to have something like that here..really the only places we take our kids to that's outta town is the big park in owensboro that has the sprinklers in it for kids and of course chuckycheese..but I grew up here so I don't see anything opening up around here any time soon..noone who has the fundings wants to infest in a kid/teen friendly/family place..maybe when my kids r grown and they have children of their own we will have something around here that I can take my grand kids to :)
old wise one

Morgantown, KY

#20 Jul 18, 2012
Wise Words from a Judge in New Zealand - for Young People and Adults
I shake my head in disbelief at some of the things judges say ... but this hit the mark:

"Northland College (NZ) principal John Tapene has offered the following words from a judge who regularly deals with youth.
"Always we hear the cry from teenagers 'What can we do, where can we go?'
... My answer is, "Go home, mow the lawn, wash the windows, learn to cook, build a raft, get a job, visit the sick, study your lessons, and after you've finished, read a book."

"Your town does not owe you recreational facilities and your parents do not owe you fun. The world does not owe you a living, you owe the world something. You owe it your time, energy and talent so that no one will be at war, in poverty or sick and lonely again."

"In other words, grow up, stop being a cry baby, get out of your dream world and develop a backbone, not a wishbone. Start behaving like a responsible person. You are important and you are needed. It's too late to sit around and wait for somebody to do something someday. Someday is now and that somebody is you...""

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 7 min yeah man 7,380
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min American Lady 155,549
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 29 min butthead 1,073
Muhlenberg County Schools (Sep '11) 1 hr MCEA MEMBER 387
renee lear 1 hr chicken George 4
Rodney Lear muhlenberg special olympics 2 hr Roy 1
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr Donnie 81,662
Greenville Dating
Find my Match

Greenville Jobs

Greenville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greenville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greenville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]