NPAC Announces New Management

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Really

Nashville, TN

#1 Dec 14, 2012
So Darrell Bryan steps down to do other projects. Wonder what that will be?

And now they hire an out of town group to run it. Why not someone in Greeneville? Is there no one it this town capable of doing this job?
Step

Inverness, FL

#2 Dec 15, 2012
Really wrote:
So Darrell Bryan steps down to do other projects. Wonder what that will be?
And now they hire an out of town group to run it. Why not someone in Greeneville? Is there no one it this town capable of doing this job?
Step really ?
Nita Mann

United States

#3 Dec 15, 2012
Every time I hear of someone "stepping down" I envision someone with a different policy agenda at the top of the steps, "pushing" forward in a "heave-ho stance" & then later hear that such and such stepped down. Guess I'm being cynical again! Lol
spectre

Johnson City, TN

#4 Dec 15, 2012
This mean an upgrade in the quality of the performances offered?
Cliff

Inverness, FL

#5 Dec 15, 2012
Nita Mann wrote:
Every time I hear of someone "stepping down" I envision someone with a different policy agenda at the top of the steps, "pushing" forward in a "heave-ho stance" & then later hear that such and such stepped down. Guess I'm being cynical again! Lol
. Good comment! What truth you write.
Ralph

Johnson City, TN

#6 Dec 15, 2012
Really wrote:
So Darrell Bryan steps down to do other projects. Wonder what that will be?
And now they hire an out of town group to run it. Why not someone in Greeneville? Is there no one it this town capable of doing this job?
No. If we want quality performers, I really don't think that any local is qualified. Good thing Darrell Bryan is out, maybe things will improve.
music fan

Murfreesboro, TN

#7 Dec 16, 2012
I certainly hope that we will now be able to get some quality music here, instead of shows that only appeal to a small group of baby boomers. How about some classic rock, blues, jazz, or quality country (NOT the Oak Ridge Boys) etc.!!!!
SBC

Murfreesboro, TN

#8 Dec 16, 2012
I always hated to hear the TV or radio commercials for NPAC... It sounded like DB was BARKING at you like a bulldog. Not very pleasant.
scabby

Nashville, TN

#9 Dec 16, 2012
Johnson City Honda, Johnson City!
Jerry

Elizabethton, TN

#10 Dec 16, 2012
Darrell did a good job. Eight years is a long retirement job. He deserves a break.

Many businesses are contracting work and using part-timers now to avoid Obamacare, etc.
MuZack

United States

#11 Dec 16, 2012
He should have been out long ago. Anyone that travels or has lived in a city with a similar performing arts center would realize that the NPAC has been mismanaged for years, especially as it pertains to the acts that come in. I realize you can't please everyone, but look at the acts that have performed there over the years, it's quite sad! Hopefully the new management will bring new direction for the beautiful facility. We're lucky to have such a center!
Nita Mann

Shelby, NC

#12 Dec 16, 2012
MuZack wrote:
He should have been out long ago. Anyone that travels or has lived in a city with a similar performing arts center would realize that the NPAC has been mismanaged for years, especially as it pertains to the acts that come in. I realize you can't please everyone, but look at the acts that have performed there over the years, it's quite sad! Hopefully the new management will bring new direction for the beautiful facility. We're lucky to have such a center!
It really is a nice facility & we are lucky to have it. I would imagine the reason that some of the shows are somewhat "lack luster" is due to being able to get them at a lower cost & therefore having a higher profit margin for NPAC. More popular bands would mean considerably higher ticket prices & possibly a significantly lower profit margin unless they really jacked the ticket prices even higher to get a greater profit. Most people already complain about $40ish ticket prices. I would be willing to pay upwards of $75 for some great entertainment rather than driving out of town. I also imagine sales are down in these sucko economic times.
Dan

United States

#13 Dec 17, 2012
Mr. Niswonger made a significant investment so our town could have this great venue, then placed Darrell as the director, who made it a complete failure.
yes sir

Gallatin, TN

#14 Dec 17, 2012
spectre wrote:
This mean an upgrade in the quality of the performances offered?
I Hope so!!!!
Sully

Murfreesboro, TN

#15 Dec 17, 2012
More people would be attending shows there if there were more quality acts ... even local entertainers. There has been more quality musicians at the Dogwood Park Summer Concert Series through the years than what has been at NPAC .... and the park shows are FREE!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 6 min BOiaF 152,471
Flu shot 7 min Dr Wu 1
Circus @ the Greene Co Fairgrounds (Oct '10) 17 min Kohlrabi 52
Jason Knight (Jul '13) 27 min Randy 9
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 28 min Jessie Hope 4,568
Are u a son of the south 31 min Dr Wu 10
What do think about free mansions 43 min Kohlrabi 12
get rid of Robert Sayne 5 hr resident 34
whorin around 6 hr heeler 13
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match

Greeneville Jobs

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]