Really

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

So Darrell Bryan steps down to do other projects. Wonder what that will be?

And now they hire an out of town group to run it. Why not someone in Greeneville? Is there no one it this town capable of doing this job?
Step

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Really wrote:
And now they hire an out of town group to run it. Why not someone in Greeneville? Is there no one it this town capable of doing this job?
Step really ?
Nita Mann

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Every time I hear of someone "stepping down" I envision someone with a different policy agenda at the top of the steps, "pushing" forward in a "heave-ho stance" & then later hear that such and such stepped down. Guess I'm being cynical again! Lol
spectre

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

This mean an upgrade in the quality of the performances offered?
Cliff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Nita Mann wrote:
Every time I hear of someone "stepping down" I envision someone with a different policy agenda at the top of the steps, "pushing" forward in a "heave-ho stance" & then later hear that such and such stepped down. Guess I'm being cynical again! Lol
. Good comment! What truth you write.
Ralph

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Really wrote:
No. If we want quality performers, I really don't think that any local is qualified. Good thing Darrell Bryan is out, maybe things will improve.
music fan

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

I certainly hope that we will now be able to get some quality music here, instead of shows that only appeal to a small group of baby boomers. How about some classic rock, blues, jazz, or quality country (NOT the Oak Ridge Boys) etc.!!!!
SBC

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

I always hated to hear the TV or radio commercials for NPAC... It sounded like DB was BARKING at you like a bulldog. Not very pleasant.
scabby

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Johnson City Honda, Johnson City!
Jerry

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Darrell did a good job. Eight years is a long retirement job. He deserves a break.

Many businesses are contracting work and using part-timers now to avoid Obamacare, etc.
MuZack

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

He should have been out long ago. Anyone that travels or has lived in a city with a similar performing arts center would realize that the NPAC has been mismanaged for years, especially as it pertains to the acts that come in. I realize you can't please everyone, but look at the acts that have performed there over the years, it's quite sad! Hopefully the new management will bring new direction for the beautiful facility. We're lucky to have such a center!
Nita Mann

Inman, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

MuZack wrote:
He should have been out long ago. Anyone that travels or has lived in a city with a similar performing arts center would realize that the NPAC has been mismanaged for years, especially as it pertains to the acts that come in. I realize you can't please everyone, but look at the acts that have performed there over the years, it's quite sad! Hopefully the new management will bring new direction for the beautiful facility. We're lucky to have such a center!
It really is a nice facility & we are lucky to have it. I would imagine the reason that some of the shows are somewhat "lack luster" is due to being able to get them at a lower cost & therefore having a higher profit margin for NPAC. More popular bands would mean considerably higher ticket prices & possibly a significantly lower profit margin unless they really jacked the ticket prices even higher to get a greater profit. Most people already complain about $40ish ticket prices. I would be willing to pay upwards of $75 for some great entertainment rather than driving out of town. I also imagine sales are down in these sucko economic times.
Dan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Mr. Niswonger made a significant investment so our town could have this great venue, then placed Darrell as the director, who made it a complete failure.
yes sir

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

spectre wrote:
This mean an upgrade in the quality of the performances offered?
I Hope so!!!!
Sully

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

More people would be attending shows there if there were more quality acts ... even local entertainers. There has been more quality musicians at the Dogwood Park Summer Concert Series through the years than what has been at NPAC .... and the park shows are FREE!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

66 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
76 Year Old Veteran Arrested for Asking Public ... 16 min Roy 222
If we had a real newspaper in this town 25 min Maverick 808 12
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 45 min WTSenior 141,217
No Plan Obama 50 min Name 2
Eddie Overholt arrest question 1 hr Our Problem 37
lookin 4 a good time? 1 hr uummm 3
The End Times herald many things and this is on... 2 hr Steve 8
Greeneville: 4 main reasons that people refuse ... 2 hr everyonedies 52
Lost respect for GPD 2 hr Nobody 68
Summer Street 3 hr Gville Grad 35
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs