What a Jerk

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

Anybody else think the a$$hole on trading post is rude? He started an argument with an old gentleman this morning who was giving a few features of the truck he wanted to sell because he said he had callers holding, then he started reading items that had been sent in. Other times he chit-chats with callers about vacations and such. He has interrupted people and told them not to give their area code. He wastes more time than any caller and then is RUDE to sweet old people for taking too much of his precious time. Anyway the little old man hung up on him and I don't blame him. The radio guy should call him up and apologize. He wouldn't even let him talk. There's no sense in that. Before anybody starts, let me say that I have no idea who the caller was. I'm not family or anything. I just hate to see people be nasty to my elders.

And who the He!! is putting that stupid recording on for the "25 by 70 mobile home for sell"??? That recording takes forever in this nasally, slow, irritating voice and it's been on for months!
scounger

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

Judged:

What a Jerk wrote:
And who the He!! is putting that stupid recording on for the "25 by 70 mobile home for sell"??? That recording takes forever in this nasally, slow, irritating voice and it's been on for months!
Thats not a recording because they have ask him about it on other stations.He has been callin twice a day on each station for over a year now.He even has it on the Rogersville TP.Everybody needs to hang up on him like Ron M does.

Since: Jan 11

Greeneville TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

scounger wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats not a recording because they have ask him about it on other stations.He has been callin twice a day on each station for over a year now.He even has it on the Rogersville TP.Everybody needs to hang up on him like Ron M does.
Hey, I've heard that too. I thought it was a woman's voice and yeah, I like to hear the guy hang up on it. I didn't get to listen this morning, but I have heard the announcer be gruff with people before.
Wheeler Dealer

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

What time does the WSMG trading post come on? I didn't know they had one of their own.

What are the others we can pick up here and what time do they come on? I know there's one that comes on at 9AM called the General Store that stays on for an hour, but I can't remember what station.

Thanks

Since: Jan 11

Greeneville TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

Wheeler Dealer wrote:
What time does the WSMG trading post come on? I didn't know they had one of their own.
What are the others we can pick up here and what time do they come on? I know there's one that comes on at 9AM called the General Store that stays on for an hour, but I can't remember what station.
Thanks
Sometime around 9 AM. That's the only station I get in my office, but I love the music they play so I can't complain.
scounger

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

Judged:

Wheeler Dealer wrote:
Thanks
One comes on at 8:45 on 1450 and then at 9:45 on 1340,both stations do it each night at 6:15 and 6:30.Rogersville has "Swap Shop" that comes on at 9:45 and runs till theyre done,usually around 11-ish on FM channel 94.5.Its hit and miss for me,some days I can get it some days not.

Morristown has "barter time" thats on 1150 AM at 10ish ea morning,but I can only get it online.Its clear to me that some folks are tryin to get customers for their buisnesses by callin in the show w stuff for sale.I know times are hard but if your callin in twice a day,3-4 times a week,lookin for work you need to buy some advertisisng time w the station.

I know the mobile home guy has been tryin for at least a year to sell it and other folks have had the same thing(s) for sell for a long time.If it dont sell within the first few weeks/month of advertising it then more than likely nobody wants it or your waaaaay to high.
oh my gosh

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

I agree with the announcer if everybody describe their items like that. They wouldn't get five or six items on. Some calls every morning but they don't take all their time describing the items
DeeJay

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

Who is the trading post announcer?
scounger

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

DeeJay wrote:
Who is the trading post announcer?
Woody somethin.
Wet Willie

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

scounger wrote:
<quoted text>
Woody somethin.
Woodpecker?
I know

Mosheim, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

Woody J is the DJ for WSMG, and he only allows 3 items per caller! He is very strict about that, he will indeed cut people off if they start to advertise a 4th item. Yes, he can be rudeat times too!! The older man on WGRV is Ray Elliot. He gets on my very last nerve!! He laughs at the things that people have to sell, and makes stupid comments and remarks all the time.Yes, he does waste more time on there than actually taking calls. As far as the man that calls in with the mobile home all the time, they cut him off because he is a dealer, and you are not supposed to call in if you own a business. A few other comments I have is for the lady that always calls in saying that, "A man will paint and do odd jobs." I swear once she called in in the winter time and said, "A man will shovel snow and do odd jobs..." My only thought is that he sets on her a$$ and does nothing but smoke cigarettes, eat, and find work for HIM!! Others are the ones that call in with a thousand dogs to give away. And the lady that always has a chair or what-not-shelf for $3.00. That's not even a fair price to ask. I believe she is only on there to help pay the light bill. Makes no sence to me!! Anyway, that is just my thoughts. Thanks for letting me vent!
Ben Dover

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

Woody is quitting smoking. That's probably why he's ill tempered.
Wheeler Dealer

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

Thanks Mystdefy and Scrounger. I'll have to start listening to these other stations too.
plenty of free fill dirt

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

and 4 continental tires
scounger

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

Judged:

What gets me is they call in lookin for work and list about 25 things they can do.My thinkin is if they are that good at that many different things then why dont they have a job doin one of em.

Yeah I forgot about woody quittin smokin,I have heard him apoligize the next day for bein short w people.I have bought some pretty good stuff off there,but if nothin else its good for some comedic value.

If they didnt put a limit and stick to it people would be sellin 15-20 things at a time.
tammy

Midway, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Wheeler Dealer wrote:
Thanks
9:45 am
NobodyUKno

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

What a Jerk wrote:
It's been awhile (a couple of weeks) since he was back on there trying to sell the dam thing. If he hasn't sold it by now, he's probably never going to sell it! Take a hint bro. I think he lives in the Knoxville area because he gives an 865 number.
Scrounger

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

NobodyUKno wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been awhile (a couple of weeks) since he was back on there trying to sell the dam thing. If he hasn't sold it by now, he's probably never going to sell it! Take a hint bro. I think he lives in the Knoxville area because he gives an 865 number.
If you listen regular he will call lookin for one and then in a few days/weeks hes callin back w one for sale.I know things have been tough for some folks but dang quit callin everyday lookin for work.Id be interested to know just how many calls they get w work.Technically they are offering a service and should be payin for the advertising.Its pretty much the same thing everyday.might have 3-5 new things each time.I can about repeat,from memory,the phone numbers they call so much.

I feel pretty sure that Ron or somebody from the station either looks at this board or at the very least gets told of it so keep on keepin on just TRY to keep people from callin everyday for weeks at a time w the same thing.
mattie

Fort Mill, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Good place for people that don't work and draw a check make a little hush money.By pass the IRS.
resident

Evensville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

I thought they got rid of woody j because he had been rude to someone. Is this the same one that use to be on fm station? I always liked to hear him on there.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Newport cop faces federal judge on drug charges... 3 min Same sexmarriage time 6
BUSH common core founder Republican last time I... 5 min Your right 2
Putin would purge the Judges 7 min True Freedom 1
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 9 min BAS 141,373
School Board Budget $46.8M! Will results reflec... 10 min Banjo Knees 397
angus palm pay (Feb '12) 10 min Could pay more 56
LAMAR the right man for the job 31 min If you got to pick one 5
Greeneville: 4 main reasons that people refuse ... 7 hr Mel 55
If we had a real newspaper in this town 8 hr Independent1 17
Lost respect for GPD 8 hr Ape Allen 71
Policeman Teddy Lawing 13 hr Teddy 21
•••
•••