Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Mar 1, 2013
JustDisappointed

Knoxville, TN

#1 Jan 20, 2012
What ever happened to Marty Ricker??? Greeneville radio has not been the same since he is gone...dont even like to listen now. They had this guy named Bill telling the news & he was awful...couldnt endure listening to him. It has never been the same since Marty is gone. Anyone know of any other local news stations???
and

Antioch, TN

#2 Jan 20, 2012
Marty was as lazy as the rest they have had there.They tell what was in the paper the day before and what comes across the scanner.
Listener

Brentwood, TN

#3 Jan 20, 2012
I always thought they got their news from topix!
steve

Johnson City, TN

#4 Jan 20, 2012
radio of greeneville is a low paying job that is not a good place to work.only the owners and a few sales people make the big money.so that is why you get worthless sports people like Brian Staton who worrys about who is eating a hot dog at the game and what 18 year old cheerleader looks the hottest.also radio of greeneville has no real live news or radio wikq and wsmg are all played back from records done earlyer.only wgrv is live and after 7pm it too is dead.so they suck.you get what you pay for.they pay like crap so you get crap
Scrounger

Gallatin, TN

#5 Jan 20, 2012
Marty Ricker took a job at a station in Erwin.It's just the news on a AM radio station in a small southern town.Whatcha people want,Walter Cronkite or somethin????
MT Laughlin

Knoxville, TN

#6 Feb 22, 2012
I have worked for Radio Greeneville Inc. I can tell you that they have a very hard working news & sports departments. Take one day in any of their shoes and you will see what a great, yet difficult job they do each and every day!
okkk

Antioch, TN

#7 Feb 22, 2012
MT Laughlin wrote:
I have worked for Radio Greeneville Inc. I can tell you that they have a very hard working news & sports departments. Take one day in any of their shoes and you will see what a great, yet difficult job they do each and every day!
Yes it would be hard to set and listen to the scanner and write down what theyíre saying. And have to read the Greeneville Sun and make a day late story about what you read. And then make a tape so others could play it at news time, they just donít get paid enough.LOL! Now sports are another thing. Some have their own name for their sports reports, WGRV should say (Were Sports Stupid) because thatís all they think about. It wonít surprise me if one of them drove by at Hardens Park and do a live remote on kids playing ball at the basketball courts.
Maybe

Jonesborough, TN

#8 Feb 22, 2012
The original poster asked about Marty. He recently had double bypass surgery.
Marty Ricker

Elizabethton, TN

#9 Mar 1, 2013
The previous poster is correct. I am doing much better and working now.....
brandy

Travelers Rest, SC

#10 Mar 1, 2013
There sports is a joke for sure.who can listen to brian stanton trying to sound funny when all he is doing is being a smart ass.no one makes money there thats why u get crap like there news dept and sports dept.
Why do u think bobby rader moved.he wanted to make some money
oh really

United States

#11 Mar 1, 2013
How long has that lady been doing the 12:30 news? I remember listening to her when I was a kid!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joan Rivers current status 11 min NobodyUKno 9
Nitrogen water problem. .. 13 min mafia moll 9
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 14 min Augur 146,112
LABOR DAY appease low wage hard work as the ri... 16 min formally known as... 3
you married a ? 18 min Tam Phat 7
Dad creates app to remind about children in hot... 23 min Dixie iron fist 6
BEWARE: Tinted Windows 24 min Dixie iron fist 4
Laughlin Memorial Hospital 1 hr Health Scammers 13
south greene football 12 hr jake 50
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••