Next Last
HEY

Grayson, KY

#1 Apr 22, 2010
I KNOW
WTF

Greenville, SC

#2 Apr 22, 2010
I loved it growing up, but for most there is no reason to stay there and too many reasons to get stuck there. The economy sucks the world over, but I can promise you that it still has tons to offer if you can just manage to get out of there....any way that you can. Furthermore, if you manage to get out, don't ever, ever, ever go back unless it is only to visit......ever.
knows all about it

Hodgenville, KY

#3 Apr 22, 2010
carter county has always been my home i have lived here 46 years.this is where my heart is .as they say you can take me out of carter county .but u cant take carter county out of me.some of the people here need to be horse whipped and taught a lesson or too.i think every dope dealer. and bootlegger. needs to be shot between the 2 eyes and left for the wild animals to eat on.and we need a new mayor.and a new sheriff,and 2 new judges.and maybe just maybe this hell hole would get back to normal.but when its all said and done with all this out of reach and mind its a good place to live.
Cassey

Ashland, KY

#4 Apr 22, 2010
I agree Carter County is headed down hill FAST, I done a project for college and I can tell you Carter County is losing no less than 50% of its consumer dollar; everything from dinning, entertainment to shopping. We someone to make a strategic plan for this county to get in shape before it becomes nothing more than the ghettos of Ashland, so to speak.
HJS

Ashland, KY

#5 Apr 22, 2010
Carter has so much potential but does not take advantage of it. Two state parks are located in Carter County which any county would love to have. But even one of those has been downgraded. Case in point Grayson Lake; has install basically two outhouses next to the picnic shelters and playgrounds. These are not primitive camping sites they are located in areas where they are for general use where the basics are provided, for example where the hel! is the water to wash your hands, what are we suppose to do go to the other bathroom wash your hands. Even there are a couple of other items I will leave it there.
Concered mom

Ashland, KY

#6 Apr 22, 2010
even the schools suck i graduated from east carter and didnt learn a thing its sad when kids snort pills in class and teachers dont give a damn about anything the dont teach or care about the students they are there for the money its sad i live in carter county but will not let my kids go here when they grow up and is old enough to school they will go to ashland and boyd for high school all i am trying to say is no one cares about the kids in this town theres nothing for them to do but get in too trouble i just wish we would have a big change in this town CASEY BRAMELL FOR SHERIFF
The Truth

Campbellsville, KY

#7 Apr 22, 2010
I moved to Carter County when I was 5. I moved from Delaware Ohio to Grayson Kentucky in 1984. I loved it down here in a way, in others ways I hated here. I will tell you over the years people have change and made things alot different. People started gossiping more. Back when I first moved down here all that people did was smoke a little dope or drink beer, hell now they pop pills. Why dont they just wise up and drink beer. All that pills lead to is robberys and over doses. Oh well as they say he or she who lives by the pills, dies by the pills. To tell you the truth it aint just Carter County That makes it bad, its the people in it.
ted

Ashland, KY

#8 Apr 22, 2010
yeah but look who's yards they're signs in. go down robert & mary if i was casey i would take them up from there. CASEY i know would be a good sheriff.i will vote for him.
senior citizen

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Apr 22, 2010
it,s not the people who were born here, it,s people who move in here from out of State, who are drug dealers and pill poppers, robbers and murders,besides if the people who live here would watch their children and not let them run wild, they wouldn,t have to worry about them.most just turn them lose and don,t even know where they are or what they are getting into, laying out all night and the parents don,t even question them about where the have been, most dont even care where they are, as long as they are not underfoot.people why dont you know what your children are doing and who they are associating with.it,s the younger generation who are making this county what it is,when i was growing up there wasn,t nothing like this going on here, dadd would have whiped us until he couldn,t sit down if we did some of the things kids do today. know where they are, and what they are doing. pay attention to them, get you a little willow branch and bust their britches.maybe they will straighten up some. love them and watch them spend time with them.have family fun for a change.
The Truth

Campbellsville, KY

#10 Apr 22, 2010
Well I was born In Delaware Ohio, and Im not a bad person. I was raised by great and very stricted parents who done a great job at raising 4 children. I thank my parents so much for everything and for being good parents. If my parents wasnt the way they were, its hard telling where I would be today. Probably a trouble maker a running from the law. Like I said before theres nothing wrong with Carter County, Its the pill heads that makes it that way. If you would get rid of the pill heads, things would be a whole lot better.
Informed Voter

Campbellsville, KY

#11 Apr 22, 2010
Nearly every problem mentioned above could be addressed and improved if only Carter County would join the 21st Century and allow a full option WET vote.

Without going wet, we will not be able to attract any industry, which would provide better employment options, a better tax base for our schools, an influx of new people and ideas, and a general better standard of living that what we have now as the "buckle" of the Bible Belt.

There truly is no down side ... despite what the predictable opponents will spout. Seriously, LOOK at our adjoining communities that have gone wet ... do you see ANY of the narrow minded apocalyptic events predicted by the dry proponents actually occurring? These communities are PROSPERING, while Carter County is worse now than it was 20 years ago.
wow

Broken Arrow, OK

#12 Apr 22, 2010
carter co. sux.
HJS

Ashland, KY

#13 Apr 22, 2010
Informed Vote, I agree 100% with what you are saying, what people don't realize is that the only difference between a wet and dry county is that you can't buy alcohol here. You can drink here, haul alcohol here from a wet county have it with your dinner, have a fully stocked bar, have it at religious ceremonies, make you own wine and or beer, serve it at a party, get drunk (preferably at home) and, mail order it and have i delivered to your house (wine only). someone please correct me if I am wrong. The idea of a dry county is an illusion for some people who can not see two feet in front of them.
maggard

Ashland, KY

#14 Apr 22, 2010
HJS wrote:
Informed Vote, I agree 100% with what you are saying, what people don't realize is that the only difference between a wet and dry county is that you can't buy alcohol here. You can drink here, haul alcohol here from a wet county have it with your dinner, have a fully stocked bar, have it at religious ceremonies, make you own wine and or beer, serve it at a party, get drunk (preferably at home) and, mail order it and have i delivered to your house (wine only). someone please correct me if I am wrong. The idea of a dry county is an illusion for some people who can not see two feet in front of them.
what about the drunk that has to have a drink,what about fighting in family & spending your rent money from your family&an taking food from your family to buy a drink etc.the devil will tell you anything to destory you an your family.
Miller

Ashland, KY

#15 Apr 22, 2010
Everything you have spoke of is happening now. And they get theirs from wet counties or bootleggers. A wet county would make no difference.
Miller

Ashland, KY

#16 Apr 22, 2010
maggard wrote:
<quoted text>what about the drunk that has to have a drink,what about fighting in family & spending your rent money from your family&an taking food from your family to buy a drink etc.the devil will tell you anything to destory you an your family.
Everything you have spoke of is happening now. And they get theirs from wet counties or bootleggers. A wet county would make no difference
No Really

Ashland, KY

#17 Apr 22, 2010
maggard wrote:
<quoted text>what about the drunk that has to have a drink,what about fighting in family & spending your rent money from your family&an taking food from your family to buy a drink etc.the devil will tell you anything to destory you an your family.
Yes some people are alcoholics and that's terrible, but You've missed the point. People are still allowed to bring alcohol into carter county, so keeping it dry is doing nothing other than sending money to Ashland, etc.
mom

Ashland, KY

#18 Apr 22, 2010
I agree casey for sheriff this town needs change
Listen up folks

Grayson, KY

#19 Apr 22, 2010
I was born and raised in Carter county, graduated from East Carter County High in 1974. In 1976 I enlisted into the US Army for 4 years. I must have got a pretty good education, because on my GT test, I scored higher than most of the West Point graduate officers with a college degree. I was kidded somewhat about my hillbilly communication skills at first, but that was soon put to rest when I put some of the slangauge away for a time. My biggest gripe with Carter County, and even the Commonwealth of Ky, and even our great Nation, is they took Prayer and the Ten Commandments out of school, soon followed by corporal punishment and you can see what today's youth have become. So many of our young adults have lost their lives to drugs and alcohol related accidents and overdoses and that is a reflection of their education and upbringing. We the people need to change ourselves first, then our children and government will change. We can criticize each other and our hometown but we are what it is made of.
Sammm

Ashland, KY

#20 Apr 23, 2010
Needs a new sheriff,judges,and overall a cleanup

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grayson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 9 min WONG 2,006
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 43 min Reality 151,427
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Curious 130,602
Courtney Fleming 2 hr Him 2
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr birdistheword 81,602
ok if we was to be doing a drug bust where do w... 3 hr joker 30
rook card games (Aug '09) 3 hr rook wanna be player 3
•••
•••
•••

Grayson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••