Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 50,585

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story
cjk

Wheaton, IL

#34865 Jul 27, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Human waste storage organ?
I have no interest or fascination with sh1t and anal sex. Why are you do very obsessed with it?
As I stated before, it's just like clockwork for the fecal freaks to accuse their accusers when confronted with their indefensible perversity. Not obsessed, just disgusted with you intolerant deviants pushing your creepy lifestyle in the faces of us normal people.
cjk

Wheaton, IL

#34866 Jul 27, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
prove it.
and while we're on the subject, answer my question.
Go look it up knucklehead and you'll find your proof.
No animals do the gay fecal freakout.
Truth Police

Dupo, IL

#34867 Jul 27, 2012
No need to argue with CJK, the brain cells aren't strong enough for old CJK to make a solid response. You are a bigot and that is all. Hide behind the 2000 year old book that is full of mistakes all you want brainless.
FYI, anyone this excited about poop and butt sex must be a homo. And I am sure you were born gay so don't worry about asking for forgivness, its okay.
cjk wrote:
<quoted text>
Go look it up knucklehead and you'll find your proof.
No animals do the gay fecal freakout.
Wrenches

Peoria, IL

#34868 Jul 27, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show me where I ever denied God exists.
Be careful that you don't fall off your pretty pedestal.
When you gleefully pointed to the Illinois Legislatures as absolute support for this lifestyle. If that isn't denying God and his existence, then what is it?
Wrenches

Peoria, IL

#34869 Jul 27, 2012
<quoted text>
well, both of those passages have nothing to do with homosexuality... and the man who wrote them was quite gay. not only that, but he was a heretic and an apostate. any other questions? if so, then it may pay you to pick up a few good history books at your local library, or enroll in a good bible study course at a non-denominational university.(you do realise, don't you that timothy, up until saul's death, was his main catamite. after the death of saul, god caused him to fall in love with the gay ethiopian king of the time... just as daniel did a generation before.
and if you were to actually read what i said, i believe that i never attacked anyone at all.
Ah, but you do attack even me, but the "facts" you delineate about Timothy are not true and they are absolutely predicated on supposition. If you didn't care for those verses, then how about Leviticus 18:22 or Romans 1:18-32.
Even if you feel these are not sufficient evidence of the Bible's position on homosexuality, let me simply ask you, "What would be definitive and on what legitimate texts would you justify your position. Could you stand before your creator and say, "Yep, I did it my way!" or would you say, "Yes, I obeyed my Creator." After all, it will ultimately be between you and your Creator, not between you or me or anyone else. Does your conscience tell you you are justified? If not, pick up a Bible and really spend some time with it if for no other purpose than to prove your point.
gays are sick

Southampton, PA

#34870 Jul 27, 2012
What will Gays demand next,the right to marry their Gerbils so it wll be leagal to stick them up their A#SSS?
The Lone Gunmen

United States

#34871 Jul 27, 2012
Their disease rate has been hidden from public view until this year,. so very smart people found out how to get the information.

----

"Homosexuality by definition is not healthy and wholesome. The homosexual person, at best, will be unhappier and more unfulfilled than the sexually normal person" . For other psychiatrists who believe that homosexuality is wrong, please see National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality.

* It takes approximately $300,000 to take care of each AIDS victim, so thanks to the promiscuous lifestyle of homosexuals, medical insurance rates have been skyrocketing for all of us.

* Homosexuals were responsible for spreading AIDS in the United States, and then raised up violent groups like Act Up and Ground Zero to complain about it. Even today, homosexuals account for well over 61 times the AIDS rate of heterosexuls in the United States, which is quite a large number considering that they account for only 2-4% of the population.

AIDS Rate 61 Times Higher in Homosexual Men: Center for Disease Control

ATLANTA, Georgia, Officials with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced the CDC's estimate Monday that in the United States AIDS is sixty one times more prevalent among men who have sex with men ('MSM') than the rest of the population. Dr. Amy Lansky revealed this statistic during a plenary session at the HIV Prevention Conference in Atlanta.
The CDC had already revealed last year that approximately 61% of the estimated 56,300 new HIV cases were in homosexual men, with the African American population being particularly affected.
The new statistics, however, estimate the prevalence of HIV/AIDS relative to the homosexual population, which allows comparisons to other groups in the wider population. Because of the difficulty of determining the homosexual population, the CDC had to estimate. Based on a variety of national surveys, they based their statistics on the median estimate that homosexual men constitute 4 percent of the overall male population, reports RH Reality Check.
According to Dr. Lansky, then, based on the 4 percent figure, the CDC estimates that there were 692.2 new HIV cases per 100,000 homosexual men - or sixty one more cases than the rest of the population.
While merely an approximation, the CDC's announcement confirms previous statistics and studies that indicate vastly disproportionate occurrence of sex-related diseases in homosexuals. According to a CDC study, for example, homosexual men with HIV are 90 times more likely to develop anal cancer than the rest of the population.

In fact, the statistics on HIV/AIDS led one group, the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center, to state that HIV/AIDS is a "gay disease," in a billboard ad campaign geared to reducing rates of HIV infection.
While homosexuals have actively suppressed such statistics in the past and focused on portraying HIV/AIDS as a disease affecting the whole population in an equal fashion, the statistics' increasing undeniability has forced their hand. Rather than admit any inherent problem with homosexual practice itself, however, the apparent prevalence of disease among practicing homosexuals has led them to switch tactics and use these statistics to urge governments and other organizations to increase support to the homosexual communities.

"By recently admitting that 'HIV is a gay disease, the outgoing Executive Director of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, acknowledged what the medical community has known for decades: the homosexual lifestyle is extremely high-risk and often leads to disease and even death."
gays are sick wrote:
What will Gays demand next,the right to marry their Gerbils so it wll be leagal to stick them up their A#SSS?

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#34872 Jul 27, 2012
God Loves Everyone wrote:
Weebles, you Asked for Bible Scripture. Besides ythat your point is mute. The 1st 5 books in the Bible Old Testament is the Torah
Books of the Torah
1. Genesis
2. Exodus
3. Leviticus
4. Numbers
5. Deuteronomy
actually, the pentateuch... the first 5 books of the bible is a mistranslation and misinterpretation of the torah.
Louiston

Des Moines, IA

#34873 Jul 27, 2012
livingfree85 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behav...
And, really, whether it's a choice or not is completely irrelevant. And if it's against someone's religion, that is also irrelevant. And if you disagree with it, that's irrelevant. I have met many heterosexual couples whose relationship is toxic and negatively affects the people around them (including the kids that they should have never had), but it's their right. Gay people don't disgust me, bigots and hateful people disgust me.
Frustrated control freaks like yourself disgust me.

Location hidden

#34874 Jul 27, 2012
God Loves Everyone wrote:
Wheebles, Here is another
Leviticus 18:22, 24
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind, it is abomination. Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things
post34862

okay, let's look at this verse as taken directly from the torah, rather than the bible, shall we? first of all, it's found in the cleanliness code, not the holiness code. why do you think that is?

what it actually says, if translated directly from the hebrew is:

''men, do not lie in the lyings of a woman. it is towáveh'(taboo)

the word 'abomination' appears nowhere in the torah. what taboo meant (and means) in hebrew is unclean in the temple. the reason for this is simple. a woman who is on her menstrual period is forbidden to sleep inside the main house, but has a bed in a separate room outside. she is also forbidden to touch anything belonging to a man, or touching food. if a man were to sleep in the woman's bed, then he would be unclean and not allowed entrance into the temple, or to pray to yhvh until he had gone through a ritual cleansing which consisted of taking a bath on the third day, and again on the seventh day from his defilement. only then would he be considered 'clean' and the taboo would be lifted form him. it has absolutely nothing to do with homosexuality, nor with men sleeping with other men except for in the latin and then the english translations of the text.(you do realise, don't you, that it was copied into english from the latin vulgate by john wycliffe, and not hebrew, don't you?(and that all susequent works built upon his original texts)

do you have anything else that we can help you with?

Location hidden

#34875 Jul 27, 2012
Wrenches wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, but you do attack even me, but the "facts" you delineate about Timothy are not true and they are absolutely predicated on supposition. If you didn't care for those verses, then how about Leviticus 18:22 or Romans 1:18-32.
Even if you feel these are not sufficient evidence of the Bible's position on homosexuality, let me simply ask you, "What would be definitive and on what legitimate texts would you justify your position. Could you stand before your creator and say, "Yep, I did it my way!" or would you say, "Yes, I obeyed my Creator." After all, it will ultimately be between you and your Creator, not between you or me or anyone else. Does your conscience tell you you are justified? If not, pick up a Bible and really spend some time with it if for no other purpose than to prove your point.
i only just finished a lection on the lev: 18.22. you can read it in my previous post. that being said:

first things first: saul of tarsus was a fraud. the sooner you can understand that fact, the happier you will be.

all of saul's letters were written to his various catamites in the churches which he established and installed people in to oversee his financial empire. timothy was ensconced in the church at rome for a long time and the letters written to him there were discussing nothing more than the romans' reversion to the worship of their own gods and not the ones which he was attempting to sell to them.
as far as legitimate texts from the bible? well, homosexuality is mentioned only once in the bible and that was by jesus when he said that

being born gay from your mother's womb is called blessed by the holy father.

and lastly, there is not one indication anywhere, other than in saul's writings, that either i, or anyone else will ever 'face their creator'.

tell me, who do you follow, jesus or saul of tarsus? whose teachings carry more weight in your mind, those of jesus, or of saul?

i have read the bible through backward and forward and studied it for more than three decades now, both in and out of seminary and there is no condemnation of homosexuality to be found in it anywhere. you're basing everything on mistranslations and misinterpretations of it... and the lies which have been told to you by well meaning people who, in turn, have been lied to and have believed it.

jesus told us that if we wish to enter into fellowship with the father, then we must become as children. i'm afraid that too many people have interpreted that to mean 'childish'. what he was saying was that if we wish to learn through the holy spirit, then we must absolutely forget everything which we think that we know, and to unlearn everything that we have ever been taught and to begin anew with the spirit of god as our teacher... not the churches of man.

i do realise that this is a lot of information to absorb in such a short time, but i sincerely hope that you don't get bogged down in it. let me know if you need any more help understanding it, okay?

Location hidden

#34876 Jul 27, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Weebles! Go to AA!!!
very witty response. hmmm
Anonymous

Wentzville, MO

#34877 Jul 27, 2012
Weebles, If you intend to quote from the Torah or compare the bible verse (Leviticus 18:22) Please use book and paragraph references with your quotes.''(men, do not lie in the lyings of a woman. it is towáveh'(taboo)???)

Also I am all up for a discussion on these verses. I love to learn and perhaps we could both learn frm each other. What I will not tolerate is your arrogant attitude when you state something as gospell as if you are the high and mighty. Neither you nor I know everything about the Bible or the Torah. Healthy discussions are good for the soul.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#34878 Jul 27, 2012
God loves everyone wrote:
Genesis 19 (NIV) Sodom and Gomorrah Destroyed
And nowhere in that story is there a condemnation of same sex relationships built on mutual love and respect. Your confuse rape by heterosexual men with love. Rape is not love, and love has nothing to do with rape.

The moral of Sodom and Gomorrah was about how you treat the stranger at the gate, as well as those around you, and had nothing to do with loving relationships between equals of the same sex. It tells us that you should love others, rather than abuse them. It teaches us not to harm others and supports the many stories and bible verses that tell us to treat others the way you would treat Jesus, which is hopefully the way you would want to be treated.

"Jesus and five Old Testament prophets all speak of the sins that led to the destruction of Sodom -- and not one of them mentions homosexuality. Even Billy Graham doesn't mention homosexuality when he preaches on Sodom."
"Ezekiel 16:48-49 tell us: "This is the sin of Sodom; she and her suburbs had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not help or encourage the poor and needy. They were arrogant and this was abominable in God's eyes."

"It was common for soldiers, thieves, and bullies to rape a fallen enemy, asserting their victory by dehumanizing and demeaning the vanquished. This act of raping an enemy is about power and revenge," and it still happens today, most notoriously in prisons. It is not about love, it is about power and abuse. Rape is not love.

"The sexual act that occurs in the story of Sodom is a gang rape -- and homosexuals oppose gang rape as much as anyone. That's why I believe the story of Sodom says a lot about God's will for each of us, but nothing about homosexuality as we understand it today." (quotes from: What the Bible says - and doesn't say - about Homosexuality)

Many other explanations of this story agree the message is that you should not harm others but instead, treat them with love. It does not give permission to harm gay people.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#34879 Jul 27, 2012
<quoted text>
post34862
okay, let's look at this verse as taken directly from the torah, rather than the bible, shall we? first of all, it's found in the cleanliness code, not the holiness code. why do you think that is?
the word 'abomination' appears nowhere in the torah. what taboo meant (and means) in hebrew is unclean in the temple. the reason for this is simple. a woman who is on her menstrual period is forbidden to sleep inside the main house, but has a bed in a separate room outside. she is also forbidden to touch anything belonging to a man, or touching food. if a man were to sleep in the woman's bed, then he would be unclean and not allowed entrance into the temple, or to pray to yhvh until he had gone through a ritual cleansing which consisted of taking a bath on the third day, and again on the seventh day from his defilement. only then would he be considered 'clean' and the taboo would be lifted form him. it has absolutely nothing to do with homosexuality, nor with men sleeping with other men except for in the latin and then the english translations of the text.(you do realise, don't you, that it was copied into english from the latin vulgate by john wycliffe, and not hebrew, don't you?(and that all susequent works built upon his original texts)
Thanks. That's the best explanation of that mistranslation I've seen so far.
Oh Really You are Wrong

Waterloo, IL

#34880 Jul 27, 2012
Wishing will not make it so, the fall of
Sodom and Gomarrah was NOT DUE to gang rape!
Near the end just "before the fall" gang rape
was wide spread, however the Bible clearly
states that the city had turned from the ways
of "God" the natural laws of God. That men
had turned to men and women to women and that
they departed from the way God meant things to
be men and women together in marriage. God had
given the warning chances to repent, to stop to
return to the way he intended things to be this
did not happen and so he sent Lot and his wife
out of the city so that they would not die in
the city "telling them not to EVEN LOOK BACK"
HOWEVER LOT'S WIFE did look back. She was then
turned into a pillar of salt. So no you are NOT
YET EQUAL AND YOU NEVER WILL BE.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#34882 Jul 27, 2012
<quoted text>
post34862
Directly from the Torah;

22. You shall not lie down with a male, as with a woman: this is an abomination.
23. And with no animal shall you cohabit, to become defiled by it. And a woman shall not stand in front of an animal to cohabit with it; this is depravity.
24. You shall not defile yourselves by any of these things, for the nations, whom I am sending away from before you, have defiled themselves with all these things.

Funny, towáveh' is translated 'abomination' in the Torah too...

However, let me use the devils advocate to correct another one of your heresies, a Hebrew scholar who is also a atheist who believes homosexuality is okay. Should be a unbiased source for you, right?

http://semitica.wordpress.com/2011/08/07/32/

Weebles, just realized that in my minds eye, you have a striking resemblance to Newman on the Seinfeld show.

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

#34883 Jul 27, 2012
Oh Really You are Wrong wrote:
Wishing will not make it so, the fall of
Sodom and Gomarrah was NOT DUE to gang rape!
Lovely, though it still has no bearing on my civil union.

Location hidden

#34885 Jul 27, 2012
4Jeepers wrote:
Weebles, If you intend to quote from the Torah or compare the bible verse (Leviticus 18:22) Please use book and paragraph references with your quotes.''(men, do not lie in the lyings of a woman. it is towáveh'(taboo)???)
Also I am all up for a discussion on these verses. I love to learn and perhaps we could both learn frm each other. What I will not tolerate is your arrogant attitude when you state something as gospell as if you are the high and mighty. Neither you nor I know everything about the Bible or the Torah. Healthy discussions are good for the soul.
you are definitely misreading my intentions.

what i wrote is directly from the torah, and from discussing the issue with rabbinical scholars. i cannot, and will not give you 'chapter, page and verse' simply because it only encourages too many people to take things out of context. what i will do is to encourage you to study. i don't believe that i am 'high and mighty'.

i'll make you another deal, if you register with topix and select a name that i can call you by in private messages i'll be happy to share with you what i've learned over the past decades. the problem with discussing things of this nature on the thread is that it bogs down the thread and distracts the discussion from what it is supposed to be about
cjk

Wheaton, IL

#34887 Jul 27, 2012
Truth Police wrote:
No need to argue with CJK, the brain cells aren't strong enough for old CJK to make a solid response. You are a bigot and that is all. Hide behind the 2000 year old book that is full of mistakes all you want brainless.
FYI, anyone this excited about poop and butt sex must be a homo. And I am sure you were born gay so don't worry about asking for forgivness, its okay.
<quoted text>
LOL, like I said before it's like clockwork that the fecal freaks will accuse those who point out their perversion of also doing it.
So if I'm concerned about robbery and rape, i must also be a thieving rapist also!
Never mentioned the Bible you pathetic, queerish, fecal freak.
Bet your Mommas proud. LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Granite City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robbie thies 14 min jbn 19
Mayflower "photography" 1 hr Kbanta13 18
People that are gay but in a straight relationship 2 hr Hometown homo 16
Jeremiah Tolbert 3 hr old friend 4
who has better beats? 3 hr georgemcfly 6
Illinois Woman Receives Snake She Did Not Order... 3 hr georgemcfly 1
Jessica spangler 3 hr sammy k 18
GCHS Sports are Dead 8 hr Coach1 55
Down goes the King! 9 hr The Wizard of Gra... 23
Granite City Dating