Herger seeks new study on postal decision

Full story: Chico Enterprise-Record

Two local congressmen want the U.S. Postal Service to do a new feasibility study on its plan to close the Marysville mail-processing facility, according to Fran Peace, district director for Rep.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 71 of71
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
postal carrier

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

I think it would be interesting to see a 10 year spread sheet from the post office. To know where the money has gone(DPS machines?) and who's responsible. Why aren't our congressmen/women following the money trail ? Throwing the baby out with the bath water is a knee jerk reaction, which is why postal workers get upset when it's suggested. They are honest, hard working, tax paying folks who are being mis-managed out of a job. How about some compassion ? Respect ? Gratitude ? If that's too much to ask I'll take silence.
Postal Worker

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

postal carrier wrote:
I think it would be interesting to see a 10 year spread sheet from the post office. To know where the money has gone(DPS machines?) and who's responsible. Why aren't our congressmen/women following the money trail ? Throwing the baby out with the bath water is a knee jerk reaction, which is why postal workers get upset when it's suggested. They are honest, hard working, tax paying folks who are being mis-managed out of a job. How about some compassion ? Respect ? Gratitude ? If that's too much to ask I'll take silence.
Don't forget:
Scanners
Flat sorting machines

long life vehicles, that have no more life,(parts)
Government vehicles to get management around (new)
Central Fowarding incompedence at .75 per piece.
route inspections and adjustments every 3 months.
management bonuses (one postmaster claims it is part of his salery)
computers (new)
GPS in all the vehicles (coming soon)
Scan point labels
case labels everytime they change the routes.
But yet, you need a satchel or something to acually do the job, and you are told there is no money for that.
postal carrier

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

I REALLY like the mentality that micromanages minutes daily as they watch us work, but has no problem having us scan a bar code at an empty house. Where the workers MUST perform, but management doesn't. Where DPS machines were bought years ago and aren't being used because they're obsolete, unnecessary, and too big for the installation where they're never going to be installed. Where property is purchased, improved, and sits unused because we don't need it.(Seattle WA parking garage @ 4 & Lander.) Where the ONLY worker sweating is responsible for decisions they wouldn't have made. Kind of YELLING at the bank teller for our financial meltdown. I'm sure glad I made it to retirement.WEEEEEEEEEEE
postal carrier

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

It took the cake for me when we quit providing mail forwarding packets. People can go to the internet for that service. Really, we encourage folks to use our competition and wonder why we're losing business ? Seems to me that our management doesn't even know what we do. I understand that the stamp on a forwarding form is ONLY a stamp, but if you throw down a penny every hour.....
Hmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

The Postmaster General makes 800,000 dollars a year, fire him and you can save jobs.
postal carrier

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

Actually his pay/benefit package last year was $850K. OUR WORST YEAR EVER !!! I figure he made more last year than most craft workers make in their careers. If that's not bad enough he has multiple minions...HAHAHAHA
postal carrier

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

Mr. Jaffer worked for the USPS for more than 20 years. As the V.P. of PAC since 1999, he oversaw a staff of 160 people and a $20 million budget. The OIG investigation covers only January of 2003 through December of 2005. Yet, over that short period of time, Mr. Jaffer crisscrossed the country, wining and dining guests and, often, his own relatives on the USPS’ dime.

At one Washington, D.C. USPS event, Mr. Jaffer had his staff book him a 400-square foot suite at the Grand Hyatt at a cost of $8,252.00. Between May of 2003 and June of 2005, Mr. Jaffer racked up a whopping $12,863 for meals at just one popular suburban Asian restaurant, where he treated his wife, as well as his limousine driver on occasion, to expensive meals.

The national capital area’s wait staffs must have salivated when they saw Mr. Jaffer and his entourage arrive, since his tipping habits were generous. At another sophisticated D.C. restaurant, the final bill came to almost $5,000, including an automatic 20 percent gratuity. Jaffer ordered that an additional $824 be added, bringing the final tip to 44 percent of the bill. Apparently something of an oenophile, Mr. Jaffer told OIG investigators he considered “anything up to $100 a bottle [of wine] to be ‘halfway decent and reasonable.’” WOW ?!!!
rustenhoven for pmg

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2010

where is that dipsh--
dbski4it for rustenhoven

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2010

where is everyone
ex postal carrier

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2010

Whole lot of folks have no stamina. Unless they can find someone else to criticize, they have nothing to say. I REALLY like it when someone questions my attitude. As if my attitude is something they bought and paid for. I should be grateful that their tax dollars/postage ALLOW me to exist. Even the wage slaves at McDonalds are entitled to respect. Anyone who's self supporting is entitled to their opinion. Postal service is a title, not an excuse to think postal servant. The po is poorly/over managed and YOU'RE paying for it. If you're happy seeing all those supervisors watching you buy stamps. Being paid 80K+ per year, then we're fine. If you like Goldman Sacks giving bonus $$$$ that should have grown your pension funds, then we're fine. If organizations waste money/resources that future generations will pay for but not enjoy, then we're fine. ARE WE FINE ???
he got off

Magalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

Former D.A. investigator sentenced for embezzlement
By Rob Young/Appeal-Democrat
Posted: 10/15/2010 11:16:34 PM PDT

A former Yuba County District Attorney's Office investigator pleaded no contest Thursday to embezzling about $10,000 from the office and was sentenced to 90 days in jail. Yuba County Judge Debra Givens suspended 60 days of the sentence and ordered...

Read the full story here: AppealDemocrat.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 71 of71
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Granite Bay Discussions

Search the Granite Bay Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Interesting 199,077
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 7 hr Activity 15,657
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Tue Bag itts 4,551
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Apr 15 lug heads 7,298
Snapchat (Jul '13) Apr 14 B0N3YB0Y 43
Foon Rhee: Retraining may not be the secret to ... Apr 14 Jared 1
Billy Moon denied bail reduction (Dec '07) Apr 13 Mike Kim 40
•••
•••
•••
Granite Bay Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Granite Bay Jobs