First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lifelong GR Resident

Central City, KY

#22 Oct 18, 2011
I bet most of the comments on here are that are for Tom are mostly residents that either live in Marina Village, Lighthouse Cay, affiliated with Patti's or GTB. Over the last 40 years Grand Rivers has had many mayors that have done above and beyond for our small town, but Toms is the only one that ever resigned from being mayor to take a paying job with the city after being fired from his job at Calvert City because of what I have heard was blatant incompetence, has a step son that is a registered sex offender, has glassed over eyes and wreaks of alcohol every time you have interactions with him, oh yeah and back in the days of Sportsmans One Stop had some legal issues with the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife, but most people that live in Grand Rivers does not know anything about our town. So what Tom does is not because he is such a wonderful caring person it is what is expected of him and he knew that the elected position did not pay anything when he signed up for it, Mr. Moodie does most of these things because he wants to preserve the ego and the social status that comes along with being mayor and being a pet of the people in Grand Rivers with the money. Grand Rivers was here long before Mr Wonderful became mayor, and definately will be around longer than him, Green Turtle Bay, Marina Village, Pattis, or any other entity that thinks they are the greatest thing to happen to Grand Rivers.
Mariner

Waddy, KY

#23 Dec 13, 2011
My first-hand experience with Tom Moodie indicates that he is an arrogant guy who puts his own political agenda ahead of doing what is best for us citizens of Grand Rivers. I am just saying, what my own eyes have seen.
Someone who truly knows

Gracey, KY

#24 Jan 4, 2014
Lifelong GR Resident wrote:
I bet most of the comments on here are that are for Tom are mostly residents that either live in Marina Village, Lighthouse Cay, affiliated with Patti's or GTB. Over the last 40 years Grand Rivers has had many mayors that have done above and beyond for our small town, but Toms is the only one that ever resigned from being mayor to take a paying job with the city after being fired from his job at Calvert City because of what I have heard was blatant incompetence, has a step son that is a registered sex offender, has glassed over eyes and wreaks of alcohol every time you have interactions with him, oh yeah and back in the days of Sportsmans One Stop had some legal issues with the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife, but most people that live in Grand Rivers does not know anything about our town. So what Tom does is not because he is such a wonderful caring person it is what is expected of him and he knew that the elected position did not pay anything when he signed up for it, Mr. Moodie does most of these things because he wants to preserve the ego and the social status that comes along with being mayor and being a pet of the people in Grand Rivers with the money. Grand Rivers was here long before Mr Wonderful became mayor, and definately will be around longer than him, Green Turtle Bay, Marina Village, Pattis, or any other entity that thinks they are the greatest thing to happen to Grand Rivers.
WOW! I am very close to this family & know them all very well. I knew them when they owned Sportsman's, when their son went through a nasty divorce resulting in allegations after a long custody battle & have seen Tom Moodie spend countless hours trying to make Grand Rivers great for EVERYONE. He is the one that decorates the city, sets up most of the needs for town celebrations, goes to Frankfort & Applies for grants to build sidewalks, put up light post & create a public jetty with benches & areas for families include developing little lake park, working with the Chamber & Tourism to plan new events to draw more visitors. He does ALL of it because he cares about Grand Rivers as a whole. There so much that he does that is unseen like when someone has a family member pass away & a burial plot is needed he goes over to the cemetery meets with the family and takes care of the arrangements with the funeral home for burial. When it's 10 degrees outside & a water pipe breaks at 10 o'clock at night it's not just the city workers out there, Mayor Moodie is right there with them until it's done. There are countless things like that no one sees or acknowledges. He is an excellent mayor, great father & husband and an asset to all that have known or will know him. You have gotten on this site & have not slandered his name but his family's name as well. Talked about business matters from 25+ years ago and seems to me have tried to destroy his reputation, maybe you want the position. Or, did in 2011 when this was posted but, looks like the people of Grand Rivers did not agree with you 100%. I believe that your post or maybe an earlier post is right, IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE. But not because it is what Grand Rivers needs, it's what Tom & his family deserves. I know that his family and I will beg Tom not to rerun or the position again. I just hope the this town is lucky enough to get some 1/2 as concerned and hard working as Tom has been over the years. Please consider that the things Mr. Moodie has done for Grand Rivers, make a list & then go through it line by line and ask yourself how was this to directly the benefit to Green Turtle Bay, Lighthouse Cay, Marina Village or Patti's. Then ask, did this help the community as a whole.
Someone who truly knows

Gracey, KY

#25 Jan 4, 2014
Mariner wrote:
My first-hand experience with Tom Moodie indicates that he is an arrogant guy who puts his own political agenda ahead of doing what is best for us citizens of Grand Rivers. I am just saying, what my own eyes have seen.
Marilyn, your calling someone arrogant? Hello kettle, YOUR BLACK!
gr resident

Grand Rivers, KY

#26 Jan 30, 2014
I voted for TOM I THINK HE DOES AN EXCELLENT JOB!! Mattter of fact as I was going to work this morning he was taking down Christmas
lights! What a bunch of ass holes you people are it is so brave to hide
you face behind a computer screen and chew people apart! Bunch of cowards!! No wonder he drinks when you have your owns neighbors
criticisings every thing you do!! You forgot to mention he also has a job
he goes to every day along with his duty as Mayor!! So evidently the pay isn't all that grand for Mayor! You people who hate so much need to move somewhere else or better yet get a life! Tom Vicki & Brian are
good people, something you haters wouldn't recognize if it bit you in the ass! Go away!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grand Rivers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 1 hr BIG_STEVIE 494
Polaris of Benton 1 hr Off Road 39
Sonic (Nov '13) 2 hr Wonder 17
Lyon County Attorney- immoral, adulterer, homew... 2 hr lying county 2
has anyone ever dated someone addicted to pain ... (May '13) 2 hr dumbandconfused 63
Teacup chihuahua 3 hr Wonder 2
Ebola teacher at North Marshall middle school 9 hr nikki 12
Grand Rivers Dating
Find my Match

Grand Rivers Jobs

Grand Rivers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Grand Rivers News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Grand Rivers

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]