One shot in morning GR bar robbery

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

Grand Rapids Police are searching for three suspects they say are responsible shooting one person and injuring five others.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of201
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Party Girl

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

you are correct. I'm surprised it didnt happen earlier. There will be more people getting robbed as well.
Grow Up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Judged:

...and get a clue.

It's too bad you have no idea how thoughtful the owners are of this community. Wealthy Street is back. No matter what the naysayers think.
JC Goolsby

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Judged:

I can hardly believe this has happened. The community has cleaned up so much in a short period of time, but I think our police should take a more proactive role in this area of Wealthy St. I live on the 900 block right down the street and frequent the bar often. There are cars speeding up and down the 25 mile an hour street all the time and I often as myself, Where are the cops now. This area should be protected so it can grow and continue to flourish with the help of GRPD !
JC Goolsby

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Judged:

its a shame wrote:
We all knew this was going to happen, what do you expect when you build a nice white bar in the middle of the hood?
I had no Idea it was a "WHITE" bar,,,those days are long gone, ever heard of education???. I know the owners and I think they would take offense to this hidious remark. The bar owners thrive on diversity. besides the bar is black and red dummy !
local resident

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Judged:

Middle of the hood? This is not the hood, it is a community. In any city neighborhood there are dangers. Unfortunately with the economy today, we are seeing more and more of these dangers. It is too bad about what happened, but arming emos with handguns is not the answer.
Batch 37 Pain is Good

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Judged:

local resident wrote:
Middle of the hood? This is not the hood, it is a community. In any city neighborhood there are dangers. Unfortunately with the economy today, we are seeing more and more of these dangers. It is too bad about what happened, but arming emos with handguns is not the answer.
Handguns in the hands of emos? I say bust out the 12 gauges pumps. 00 buckshot will stop this kind of thing quick. They call it ally sweepers.
Eddie

Pine Bluff, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Judged:

JC Goolsby wrote:
I can hardly believe this has happened. The community has cleaned up so much in a short period of time, but I think our police should take a more proactive role in this area of Wealthy St. I live on the 900 block right down the street and frequent the bar often. There are cars speeding up and down the 25 mile an hour street all the time and I often as myself, Where are the cops now. This area should be protected so it can grow and continue to flourish with the help of GRPD !
Wealthy street removation in that block area is just like the frosting on a dung cake looks good on the top but just below the frosting it's sh*t .Go the next block over and see what I mean .
M Hodge

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Judged:

I agree JC, a "white" bar, what year does this person think it is!!! "Mr. It is a Shame," you are a shame for saying that remark, how offensive!! Why don't you drive down Wealthy St. sometime and open your disrespectful eyes! It is people like you that keep racism alive, so get a check!!! I DO NOT see a "hood" on the street I call HOME!!!!!! You need a wake up call...this could have happened to any bar, not just a "nice white" bar!!
ELLIS SONATCHI

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Judged:

I am glad the US Supreme Court recently ruled that citizens do have "The Right" to keep and bear arms in accordance with the 2nd Amendment. Lock and Load!
Charles G

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Judged:

Already I see a trend of dumbasses who are making racial comments and talking about arming idoits like the ones who made these stupid comments. Is that really the answer you'd say to your kids, your mother or father. If you answered NO you are wasting a comment because you have nothing better to do than to show Grand Rapids just how DUMB you really are. Someone at the Meanwhile was Robbed at GUNPOINT so do you think guns are the answer now idiot? DUH !!!
freedom1

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Judged:

I can believe this happened I believe that bar is in the worst part of town.
Todd

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Judged:

Any sensible bar owner should own a gun and keep it on the premises. This stuff happens all the time.
M Hodge

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Judged:

maddogcoll1 wrote:
If you are dumb enough to drink in that part of the city, then you are dumb enough to get shot.
The only way you get rid of these terrorist thugs is to isolate their communities.
Don't build businesses there, don't provide cab services, don't deliver pizzas, don't police the area, etc.
If YOU do not live on Wealthy St, YOU should not judge it!! Get a CLUE!! So you think areas like this do not have the right thrive and bloom into wonderful communities??!!
ron mexico

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Judged:

"They pistol whipped and beat up several employees and patrons, shoting one of them."- it's good to know whoever got shotted is doing ok.
local resident

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Judged:

No, F Your Liberty I did not make a typo. Emo stands for emotional which is what you appear to be. After hearing of a robbery you believe the correct response is to kill someone's child. What will defend you throughout your life is your own character as a decent person, not your gun. The thieves will be caught, bruises will heal and in the meanwhile, hopefully the children of this neighborhood will grow up unaware of your contempt for them as instruments of your misguided crusader target practice.
Race

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Judged:

Again, no color was mentioned in the report, so they must not be white? How can the community help without a darn discription?
Nicky

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Judged:

Eddie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wealthy street removation in that block area is just like the frosting on a dung cake looks good on the top but just below the frosting it's sh*t .Go the next block over and see what I mean .
Go a block over and you will for the most part find decent working people trying to make it in these hard times, just as you find in any other area---
Oh ya---should I say decent black people...Imagine!!!!
kittykatty

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Judged:

The Meanwhile is my favorite bar--especially since it's walking distance from my house. Great place, great people, great atmosphere, great music, great drinks. It has certainly livened up the neighborhood and brought another good group of people to the area.

It's unfortunate that we have to put up with this sort of BS in a city that could very well be the #1 place to live--if priorities were in the right place.

The employees I know at the Meanwhile are non-gun-toting people....they are the type that believe in cultivating the good in people. I suppose that's why there is a bouncer at the door every time it's open--instead of a load of guns behind the bar (not that I'm against keeping a weapon for self-defense).

It's funny to read the comments here...."worst part of town," "the hood." I've had people tell me those exact same things, but if you walked down my street you'd see kids playing outside, people gardening, chatting on porches, walking dogs.....It's not "the hood," it's a NEIGHBORhood. We're good citizens of a community who take pride in where we live. Sure, there are some blocks of town that don't think that way--but don't believe the rumors. Go see for yourself.

It's unfortunate that people shun what they are afraid of confronting and afraid of helping--it's a sign of complete cowardliness and lack of sense of community. You have one life to live--help others instead of shutting them out.

I love my neighborhood, I love the Meanwhile, I love GR.
Nicky

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

and NOT from Charlevoix----G.R.
Truth 007

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Judged:

Race wrote:
Again, no color was mentioned in the report, so they must not be white? How can the community help without a darn discription?
I believe the report said they wore masks. So there isnt a description that the patrons and owners could give except it was three persons

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of201
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Grand Rapids Forum right now

Search the Grand Rapids Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What about the Malaysian jetliner? 29 min Cookie 11
Tea party the AmeicanTaliban 2 hr Batch 37 Pain Is Good 16
See which historic homes will be on the Heritag... 9 hr Coretta 1
Get Ready To Pay More For Food. 16 hr Phil 33
sochi russian for sucker!! 16 hr Batch 37 Pain Is Good 11
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Thu Another Observer 921
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Thu Go Blue Forever 895
•••
•••
•••
Grand Rapids Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Grand Rapids Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Grand Rapids People Search