SameOld

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2011

GOP 2012 contender Mitt Romney's recent ad has gotten a ton of attention from the press because it contains a brief clip of President Barack Obama saying these words, consecutively, in order: "If we keep talking about the economy, we're going to lose." BOOM! What a clip, right? Why did Barack Obama say such a thing in public? Oh, that's right, he said those words consecutively and in order because back in 2008, an aide to John McCain said those words consecutively and in order, and Obama quoted that aide to use the words against McCain -- whose campaign, if you recall, did not exactly handle the 2008 economic collapse all that well.

As everyone points out, Romney's use of the words out of context is misleading. But it seems that what very few people are willing to say, as Too Much Joy once sang, is: "That's a lie. You're a liar."

DO YOU REALLY WANT SOMEONE WHO DOES THIS IN THE WH? IF HE WILL DO THIS NOW, WHAT WILL HE DO THEN?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/22/mitt...
cajunfreak

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2011

SameOld wrote:
GOP 2012 contender Mitt Romney's recent ad has gotten a ton of attention from the press because it contains a brief clip of President Barack Obama saying these words, consecutively, in order: "If we keep talking about the economy, we're going to lose." BOOM! What a clip, right? Why did Barack Obama say such a thing in public? Oh, that's right, he said those words consecutively and in order because back in 2008, an aide to John McCain said those words consecutively and in order, and Obama quoted that aide to use the words against McCain -- whose campaign, if you recall, did not exactly handle the 2008 economic collapse all that well.
As everyone points out, Romney's use of the words out of context is misleading. But it seems that what very few people are willing to say, as Too Much Joy once sang, is: "That's a lie. You're a liar."
DO YOU REALLY WANT SOMEONE WHO DOES THIS IN THE WH? IF HE WILL DO THIS NOW, WHAT WILL HE DO THEN?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/22/mitt...
mitt is a rino and no matter what hupp post says repl do not want him but if he wins anything is better than obama
SameOld

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2011

If you think it is bad now, wait. All of the Repub candidates (have said over and over again) are for the top 1%. They want to do away with EPA regs, WallStreet regs, min. wage, Medicare and SS.

Where will that leave you? The top 1% have money to ride out a depression and get richer by buying up real estate and failing businesses - ready to work for min. wage with no benefits? The top 1% have a plan. Do you? Why do you suppose they want to legalize semi and auto weapons? How many police officers would we have? It would turn into a police state with military taking over local police stations. Don't think this could happen, just look at other countries.

I don't think M. Romney will go anywhere - the same few people are keeping him alive. He would be worse and everyone knows it.
War

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

Mitt Romney said that Obama asking for Iran to return the drone was wrong.

The Repubs want to start another war. Didn't he learn the lesson from Iraq? How many more poor kids does he want dead? How much more taxpayer money does he want to go to war (1% corporations) rather than education, healthcare and infrastructure? What about going after Global Corporations to pay for these wars? Taxpayers are tired of footing the bill in lives and money!

The world is turning against the USA because the USA, under the Repubs, are war happy. They are afraid of the fallout. The wars are NOT being fought on USA soil, but, that could change. The USA needs to let the world know that we are CIVILIZED. That is the approach Obama seems to be taking (ask before bombing).

NO MORE WARS! LEAD FROM BEHIND! LET NATO DECIDE!
Repubs call Dems radicals - Yeah right! We are radical about PEACE!!!!!
cajunfreak

Breaux Bridge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

do u read anything but huff post is that libs bible
War

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

I read alot. I watch the news (all three networks) and then some.

I DON'T watch Fox News because I want to know the truth, the whole truth.

Mitt R. DID use a partial clip that made it seem like Obama said somthing he didn't - it was out of context. Do you know what that means?

Repub candidates talked about using force in Mexico (Perry) and all want to use force in Iran. Open up you eyes and ears before we are in another war.

Huff Post has a variety of people contributing to their site. People at Fox News are afraid to tell it like it is because they will lose their jobs. They said so themselves.
Hmmmmmm

Lafayette, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

War wrote:
Mitt R. DID use a partial clip that made it seem like Obama said somthing he didn't - it was out of context. Do you know what that means?
Repub candidates talked about using force in Mexico (Perry) and all want to use force in Iran. Open up you eyes and ears before we are in another war.
Huff Post has a variety of people contributing to their site. People at Fox News are afraid to tell it like it is because they will lose their jobs. They said so themselves.
In case you dont know,Iran has an agenda against the USA and Israel.It is not a matter of if they will attack us,it is a matter of when.When is going to be when they think they can destroy us.Of course people like you wont believe this until radiation is dripping on your senseless head.If you did in fact read alot you would probably know all this.I dont like war but if we let Iran continue with nuclear development they will use it at first opportunity.By the way,since you read so much,why dont u try reading and understanding it.All the truth is in the bible.
cajunfreak

Breaux Bridge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

War wrote:
fox has libs to huff dont have repl they omaba centerl
Jobs And Taxes

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Cajunfreak - What?

Iran should have been the country invaded in 2003 for WMD - NOT Iraq. Iraq's governing party was opposite of IRAN - check and balance system. Now they are the same. Oh yes, Iran hates us. Just like they hate England. The original BP company went in (Persia) and cheated them out of the true value of their oil. Persia nationalized the fields/equipment and threw BP out. Iran is trying to protect their country. With the US going into Iraq based on "lies" (reckless), they are worried that the US will do the same to them. Wouldn't you? Obama is trying to calm things down; not start another war (follow the lead of NATO). Do you want to send you love ones there? Would be a HELL of a lot worse than Iraq. Bet the 1% will NOT send their kids. Read and Think about it!!!

I respect the fact that you read and feel the bible is the truth. I think its original purpose was laws to govern the people of that time. May or may not apply now.

I believe in "Treat thy neighbor as you would have them treat you". Easy to remember and allows me more time to help others. Try it!
cajunfreak

Breaux Bridge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Jobs And Taxes wrote:
Cajunfreak - What?
Iran should have been the country invaded in 2003 for WMD - NOT Iraq. Iraq's governing party was opposite of IRAN - check and balance system. Now they are the same. Oh yes, Iran hates us. Just like they hate England. The original BP company went in (Persia) and cheated them out of the true value of their oil. Persia nationalized the fields/equipment and threw BP out. Iran is trying to protect their country. With the US going into Iraq based on "lies" (reckless), they are worried that the US will do the same to them. Wouldn't you? Obama is trying to calm things down; not start another war (follow the lead of NATO). Do you want to send you love ones there? Would be a HELL of a lot worse than Iraq. Bet the 1% will NOT send their kids. Read and Think about it!!!
I respect the fact that you read and feel the bible is the truth. I think its original purpose was laws to govern the people of that time. May or may not apply now.
I believe in "Treat thy neighbor as you would have them treat you". Easy to remember and allows me more time to help others. Try it!
omaba dont even know where iran is
Jobs And Taxes

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

CajunFreak

You tell me where Iran is. Tell me all you know about Iran. Then we will compare it to what Obama knows.

I never know if your posts are serious. It just looks like you are very UN-INFORMED! Sad really!!
Tax the Poor

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

WASHINGTON -- Republican Mitt Romney's tax plan would increase taxes on low-income families while cutting taxes for the middle-class and the rich, according to an independent study released Thursday.

On average, households making less than $20,000 would see their taxes increase by more than 60 percent, said the Tax Policy Center, a Washington research group that studied the Romney plan.

Households making between $50,000 and $75,000 would get small tax cuts, averaging 2.2 percent, or about $250, the study said. People making more than $1 million would get tax cuts averaging 15 percent, or about $146,000.

"Virtually everybody with a big income is getting a tax cut," said Roberton Williams, a senior fellow at the Tax Policy Center.

Overall, Romney's plan would reduce tax revenues by $180 billion in 2015, adding to the federal budget deficit, the study said. Romney's campaign disputes the estimate, saying tax cuts in the plan would help improve the economy, leading to more revenue.

Is the answer to our country's slow economy "Taxing the Poor more". What is wrong with these "religious" people?

I still think we clean to clean out Congress and then we will beable to move forward!
Really

Sunset, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2012

People who make $20,000 per year pay NO taxes! They may lose 60 percent of the freebies they receive!
Tax the Poor

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2012

$20,000 a year is gross. This comes to $9.6153846 before taxes. Can you raise a family on this today? The USA is NOT a third world country.

Chances are these people are NOT receiving "Freebies" as you put it. More than likely cannot afford health insurance or even go the the doctor on a regular basis.

If the USA is such a great country, why so much suffering? Where are the good jobs w/benefits of yester year? Reagan promised America: let Corporate America take the lead, it would mean good jobs (with benefits/retirements/American Dream) and all Americans would be paying their fair share of taxes (lower corporate taxes). People working would mean low costs when it comes to welfare. People with healthcare would be going to the doctor before it would be the end stage. What happened Mr. Reagan? Where is this perfect USA? Oh yeah, greed took jobs overseas. Corporate America sent profits there too (no taxes).

Wake up! With the current Global Financial mess, other countries (including China) will be raising their corporate tax rate.

Romney is backed by the greedy 1%; hell they all are.
USA is Not A Corporation

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/13/opinion/kru...

Very interesting article.

How can someone who has made millions buying American corporations, firing employees, selling off assets and sending middle class jobs overseas going to save the American economy?

We need someone who is looking out for the 99% to turn this economy around. Everyone says "The poor don't provide jobs", but the 1% sent the good jobs overseas. If they do away with min. wage, they can bring in cheap labor from overseas on "work visas". Then where will the 99% be?

St. Landry Parish is in a pickle over their school budget. Is Acadia Parish next? The 1% feel like everyone should be paying their own way. How many can afford to pay for their children's education?
WakeUp

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

Mitt Romeny is for "For Profit" higher education. Is this what you would want for yourself or your child? Sounds like Mitt Romney wants you to pay a higher cost for EVERYTHING so his friends (1%) will get richer off of their investments (not an eight to five job like you) Think about it!

Indeed, the average tuition at for-profit colleges is nearly twice that of public four-year universities, and nearly five times as much as public community colleges, according to Department of Education data analyzed by the College Board.

But many community college systems are struggling in the face of surging enrollment combined with diminished financial support from cash-strapped states. A recent investigation by The Huffington Post found that many students who attend for-profit colleges are there only because of their frustration after being shut out of oversubscribed classes at much cheaper local community college programs. The public programs typically leave students with much smaller debt loads and a greater likelihood of being employed after college, according to a recent study by Harvard researchers.

And despite the considerable cost, federal data show that for-profit colleges on average devote less than a third of the money that public universities do toward student instruction, and less than a fifth of the money spent on students by private non-profit institutions.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/15/mitt...
Out of Touch

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2012

Mitt Romney released income/tax info. He paid roughly 15% in taxes on his investment income and stated that is was a low % because he earned money from speeches (didn't make many speeches). It was found and reported that he earned over $300,000 from his speeches.

How many feel Mitt Romney is out of touch with average Americans (1/2 of which is living in poverty)?

Again, everyone says he will be the one to create jobs. The question is what kind of jobs? Jobs with benefits and retirement (his history says NO)? Will people continue to lose jobs with benefits and retirement only to have them replaced with min. wage jobs and no benefits? Will he push Medicare to the "for profit" industry and place Social Security at the mercy of Wallstreet (without regs)?

This man was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and hasn't had to worry about a job since.
Veteran

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

Judged:

If anyone is that stupid to even consider Obama another 4 years should kill themselves and there family so the evil gene pool will not be passed on. Anybody would be better than Obama except for ron Paul. We need a conservative who will NOT down size our military! If they want to fix the dept then stop waisting money on all the worthless Negros in this country. They commit most crimes populated most prisons and have generation after generation of welfare recipients. They should band all the liberals and Negros out this country and with in months crime would go down along with the nations dept. There is not one good thing that liberals and Negros do for this country. We also should get rid of the EPA and all the other stupid corrupt government like acorn etc.
OutOfTouch

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

The country is finally going in the right direction.

EPA is good. Keep in mind all the chemical drilling would go on in YOUR back yard, not the yards of the 1%. Just like when plans are drawn for prisons! It's time we stopped and investigated first, then drill. Water and air cannot be replaced!

I would be more afraid of what Romney has in store. He has his millions in offshore accounts. Not re-investing in the US (where he made the money by raiding US companies and sending good paying jobs overseas). Keep in mind, he said the jobs Bain created are at Dominoes Pizza and Staples. These are not good paying jobs with benefits that you can live the American Dream on; rather the American nightmare. Bain made alot of money (sometimes 88% profit) when US companies were shut down and jobs sent overseas.

Isn't it time Louisiana attracts good clean jobs (green energy) where its citizens can go to work in the morning and go home at night (to a home they own and have healthcare and a retirement)?

We need to change our Education system to prepare people for good jobs and US corporations need to return manufacturing jobs home or pay the price of being foreign corporations.

Psul Ryan said turn over Medicare to "For Profit". How do you feel about that? It would not be long before only the 1% could afford the premiums.

How do you feel about doing away with SS. Letting Wallstreet take care of retirements? Of course, Romney and Gingrich are in favor of getting rid of regs that protect the taxpayers. Are you?

Newt G. said the American Dream no longer means home ownership. How do you feel about that?

Let's stop calling people names and start talking about real issues before it's too late! We did not get to this point in the last 3 years. 20 of the last 30 years, a Repub was in the White House, fact!
OutOfTouch

Church Point, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

@ veteran (First, thankyou for your service.)

Obama voted against (and was one of the few in Congress to do so) going to war in Iraq.

I still imagine how many lives (may they rest in peace) that would have been saved. How much taxpayer money that would have gone to Medicare, SS and heathcare if W. would have waited just 2 weeks before sending someone else's kids in.

I don't agree with everything, but do admire a good deal of what Obama has accomplished with a Congress that is working for the 1% rather than the 100%.

By the way, have they outlawed legal insider trading within Congress? Have they outlawed Congress becomming lobbyist after they leave office? Have they outlawed sitting Legislature and Congress people from campaigning for another office while in office? After all, shouldn't they be working for the 100% and NOT themselves?

We have much bigger fish to fry than racism. Which is more important to you? Keep in mind, these politicians will pay attention to the one you talk/post about. Why waste time and space on the negative?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Grand Coteau Discussions

Search the Grand Coteau Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 8 hr Not Landrieu 2,680
Review: Sonya's Donuts & Deli 9 hr omg 1
My Crazy Meddling Inlaws (Sep '11) 11 hr Sick of it 18
Eddy LeCompte to run for Arnaudville Police Chief 11 hr Voter 2 118
Rachel Younts Stelly Wed Wondering 3
NEVER stop at Danny's Tire World! (Apr '13) Wed Woooaaaaa 16
Keep My TV campaign Jul 29 Free TV 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Grand Coteau Jobs

•••