Comments
5,261 - 5,280 of 7,046 Comments Last updated 13 hrs ago
wedjat

Milwaukee, WI

#5576 May 24, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I am tired of paying the bloated public sector unions. We could have private companies without unions doing the same jobs. The unions took advantage of positioning themselves and got greedy. There is my point. Yes I am glad they lost their jobs--they should have demanded that their leaders were kept in check. One thing this re-election of Scott Walker did was show the taxpayers of Wisconsin how the public sector unions have been screwing us for years. and years. and years. and years. and years.
And I'll say it again, only a vengeful, evil ugly person would be happy people lost their jobs. I'll have to remember to laugh in glee if you ever lose your job. After all, you deserve it, yes?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#5577 May 24, 2012
wedjat wrote:
<quoted text>And I'll say it again, only a vengeful, evil ugly person would be happy people lost their jobs. I'll have to remember to laugh in glee if you ever lose your job. After all, you deserve it, yes?
I took the chance and saved when I was younger-invested in some stocks and we opened our own business. No one ever gave us anything. We went with out new cars and a big fancy home for years-as a matter of fact I still drive the same car I bought new in 1996-no one is going to give us a pension. No one is going to fire us either, unless they don't like the products we sell, then they can fire us by way of not buying. But we can't do that to public service workers can we? they can do a lousy job and they keep getting paid, then they retire and we keep paying the same as if they were working--it is unsustainable.
wedjat

Milwaukee, WI

#5578 May 24, 2012
It's funny how everyone on the internet has their own business, house, cars, maybe some boats & also has lots of money. Only on the internet. LOL.
Karma-Cozie

Thiensville, WI

#5579 May 24, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I took the chance and saved when I was younger-invested in some stocks and we opened our own business. No one ever gave us anything. We went with out new cars and a big fancy home for years-as a matter of fact I still drive the same car I bought new in 1996-no one is going to give us a pension. No one is going to fire us either, unless they don't like the products we sell, then they can fire us by way of not buying. But we can't do that to public service workers can we? they can do a lousy job and they keep getting paid, then they retire and we keep paying the same as if they were working--it is unsustainable.
You bring tears to my eyes! truley inspiring, and an American legend in the making! Would you come and speak at my Walker rally's this Sat And Sun?
Who Tee Who

Rio, WI

#5580 May 24, 2012
Jaimie wrote:
People forgot the Union is only functioning while the owner is alive.
401K policies do not by law have to be honored if the owner dies and there is a buyout, you have to take in your papers and sue the owner of 401K
SSDI is not honored on buyout or if owner dies and did not settle prior to death that has to be taken to court to sue the next of kin. New onwers establish their own terms.
Union does not secure if a law is broken, so if a law is broken call the police as a human being and have police arrest at work so the OWNER can fire them legally without Union Involvement YOU BOOB get it right damnit
What are these people complaining about so you got laid off indefinately HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
You manipulated time off for sick days, Holidays, Personal Days, and maternity leave, Workers compensation for injury, and that was over 3 months PAID without having to work, you enter in on slow days for UNEMPLOYMENT for 3 months,a dn worked 6 months out the year poorly and you want MORE GO GET AUDITED RECOUP ALL FUNDS BACK AND GO TO PRISON
Went home secured in a job that had ddisease and killed your own parents and kids with your co-workers illness you carried home, DONT DO US FAVORS we dont want you around because you carry a disease that holds no cure DINK
Then Scotty, told Mr. Spark,"You can do as you please Mr. Spark, but untill I here from the captain I'll not lower the shields"!

Prevented this

#5581 May 24, 2012
Big Labor Losing the 'Permanent Revolution' in Wisconsin
By George Rasley | 5/24/12
It is hard to believe that the fight over fiscal reform and the subsequent Big Labor-backed effort to take over Wisconsin’s state government by recalling Republican Governor Scott Walker and Republican state senators has been going on for over a year.

Liberals never really accepted the results of the 2010 Tea Party wave election, especially in Wisconsin where newly elected fiscally conservative officials, committed to protecting taxpayers, quickly acted to end the vampire contracts of many public employee unions.

So, in some sense you could say the union’s campaign against fiscal sanity in Wisconsin began during the 2010 election cycle when the Tea Party wave swept Governor Walker, Lt. Governor Rebecca Kleefisch, Senator Ron Johnson, three new Republican Members of Congress and a fiscally conservative Republican state senate majority into office.

After what amounts to two years of campaigning, as national Tea Party Patriot’s leader Jenny Beth Martin noted,“Tea Party groups in Wisconsin [had to] reach [ed] out for help because they are exhausted from two years of non-stop campaigning, which they have been forced to do because of the left’s relentless tactics to thwart the will of the people.”

Using union paid political operatives to exhaust the average voter -- who has a real job and a family to look after -- is a key element of what’s been going on in Wisconsin and was likely part of the strategy underlying Big Labor’s support for the “Occupy Wall Street” gang.

Such tactics are really nothing new, but find their basis in Obama mentor Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals and in some sense the ideas of Marx, Engels and Trotsky who advocated class warfare and “permanent revolution” through a series militant of political demands and tactics.

The problem for the unions and their liberal allies is the “permanent revolution” to take over Wisconsin state government and to give public employee unions a guaranteed bite of the taxpayers’ wallet doesn’t seem to be working -- even in fairly liberal Wisconsin.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Wisconsin’s establishment newspaper, which editorialized that some of Walker’s policies went too far, still endorsed Walker’s retention because, as the newspaper put it,“Even if you disagree with Walker's policies, does that justify cutting short his term as governor? And if so, where does such logic lead? To more recall elections? More turmoil?”

More turmoil is exactly what the unions and their liberal allies want.

Their plan to take over Wisconsin’s state government was based on the idea that the state’s other citizens would tire of the fight and leave the field to the professional agitators of the government employee unions. They vastly underestimated the appeal of lower taxes and the resolve of Wisconsin’s grassroots conservative and Tea Party voters.

According to the non-partisan Wisconsin Taxpayers' Alliance, Scott Walker’s reforms have led to the first decreases in Wisconsin property taxes in 12 years. Walker ran as a fiscal conservative, has governed as a fiscal conservative, and his reforms appear to be working despite liberal obstructionism.

When given the choice between lower taxes and fiscal sanity, or giving-in to the “permanent revolution” and handing their state government over to self-serving public employee unions, it looks like Wisconsin’s taxpayers may be exhausted -- but they have no intention of leaving the field and losing the fight.

Prevented this

#5582 May 24, 2012
wedjat wrote:
It's funny how everyone on the internet has their own business, house, cars, maybe some boats & also has lots of money. Only on the internet. LOL.
I have meant a lot of people who have their own business on the internet. As a matter of fact half of our business is internet driven. No one said we had a lot of money, nor do we have a boat--not every one that lives in Lake Geneva does you know. We don't have new cars-they are both over 14 years old-but that doesn't mean we don't have time to fight for governor and against the unions. Don't worry I will be at a phone bank tomorrow.
Ted

Cedarburg, WI

#5583 May 24, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
Big Labor Losing the 'Permanent Revolution' in Wisconsin
By George Rasley | 5/24/12
It is hard to believe that the fight over fiscal reform and the subsequent Big Labor-backed effort to take over Wisconsin’s state government by recalling Republican Governor Scott Walker and Republican state senators has been going on for over a year.
Liberals never really accepted the results of the 2010 Tea Party wave election, especially in Wisconsin where newly elected fiscally conservative officials, committed to protecting taxpayers, quickly acted to end the vampire contracts of many public employee unions.
So, in some sense you could say the union’s campaign against fiscal sanity in Wisconsin began during the 2010 election cycle when the Tea Party wave swept Governor Walker, Lt. Governor Rebecca Kleefisch, Senator Ron Johnson, three new Republican Members of Congress and a fiscally conservative Republican state senate majority into office.
After what amounts to two years of campaigning, as national Tea Party Patriot’s leader Jenny Beth Martin noted,“Tea Party groups in Wisconsin [had to] reach [ed] out for help because they are exhausted from two years of non-stop campaigning, which they have been forced to do because of the left’s relentless tactics to thwart the will of the people.”
Using union paid political operatives to exhaust the average voter -- who has a real job and a family to look after -- is a key element of what’s been going on in Wisconsin and was likely part of the strategy underlying Big Labor’s support for the “Occupy Wall Street” gang.
Such tactics are really nothing new, but find their basis in Obama mentor Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals and in some sense the ideas of Marx, Engels and Trotsky who advocated class warfare and “permanent revolution” through a series militant of political demands and tactics.
The problem for the unions and their liberal allies is the “permanent revolution” to take over Wisconsin state government and to give public employee unions a guaranteed bite of the taxpayers’ wallet doesn’t seem to be working -- even in fairly liberal Wisconsin.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Wisconsin’s establishment newspaper, which editorialized that some of Walker’s policies went too far, still endorsed Walker’s retention because, as the newspaper put it,“Even if you disagree with Walker's policies, does that justify cutting short his term as governor? And if so, where does such logic lead? To more recall elections? More turmoil?”
More turmoil is exactly what the unions and their liberal allies want.
Their plan to take over Wisconsin’s state government was based on the idea that the state’s other citizens would tire of the fight and leave the field to the professional agitators of the government employee unions. They vastly underestimated the appeal of lower taxes and the resolve of Wisconsin’s grassroots conservative and Tea Party voters.
According to the non-partisan Wisconsin Taxpayers' Alliance, Scott Walker’s reforms have led to the first decreases in Wisconsin property taxes in 12 years. Walker ran as a fiscal conservative, has governed as a fiscal conservative, and his reforms appear to be working despite liberal obstructionism.
When given the choice between lower taxes and fiscal sanity, or giving-in to the “permanent revolution” and handing their state government over to self-serving public employee unions, it looks like Wisconsin’s taxpayers may be exhausted -- but they have no intention of leaving the field and losing the fight.
George Rasley, didn't he play with Slim Whittman band for a few years?....Really?
Jaimie

Madison, WI

#5584 May 25, 2012
Who Tee Who wrote:
<quoted text>Then Scotty, told Mr. Spark,"You can do as you please Mr. Spark, but untill I here from the captain I'll not lower the shields"!
Sorry, I don't do this game. Dad was trained brief In Crypt, Mother does the photos, so all I wirte is left draft form for US NAVY buddies of my father to determine who is meesing with my life and head, Mother takes photos of town and she can tell off the photo which person did what.

As for the sassy martyr indicating ugly people happy people lost their jobs, Legally if your job pretains to people or other peoples money life or welfare; their lucky they have not gone to prison for thier crimes agaisnt others. And just fired.

KEY is: DID you do your job, you have reports to fill out on miscondcut and if that misconduct is illegal callpolice, So the question is was that a good or legal employee that did their job, NO go to prison and leave us alone.

Now to your post again, you sound like those husltles that have a day planner with girlfriends, granny, and other peoples parents, and what ever they could borrow or steal or have for free, they put down, Monday... 2 smokes and a soda pop form Grandpa at 2pm, 3pm make way to Teds ol ladies for a bath and massge and koolaide and snage a pack of smokes out the freezer, 4 pm ol garage for any parts in the junk and at 5 pm take the ol junk and see what can be cashed in at Pawn America or can be sold on ebay.

Simplistic form, I did not understand your humor. I am sure it was funny. I was trianed as a housewife as a child and grant applications etc to get extra allowences so my HFuture husband did not have to labor fulltime and could get extra anything that might make his day better so he would ensure my safety and health and clothing is complimentary for me.
marty

Milwaukee, WI

#5585 May 25, 2012
Dee Lay wrote:
<quoted text>OBAMA'S WAR ON DOMESTIC ENERGY SET TO HIT YOU RIGHT IN YOUR WALLET...ELECTRIC BILLS SET TO SKYROCKET - Barack Obama's war on American energy production is getting ready to take its toll...ON YOU! Prices for electricity are set to soar because Obama declared all out war on the coal industry, which provided nearly half t...he energy for electric plants across America. Because if his assault on domestic energy production the percentage of coal used has dropped nearly 25% this year, making energy prices soar. The "clearing house" for future energy put its 2015 capacity up for bid today and it cost $136 per megawatt compared to just $16 for this year's same megawatt...thats an increase of 800%. That is what Obama and Liberals have wanted all along, and thats what they have gotten. Expect your energy bills to SOAR. How is that for change.
What is even worse is that when the price of energy goes up, that causes the price of EVERYTHING to go up!

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#5586 May 26, 2012
Let the real jobs numbers tell the truth!!

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LASST55000005...
Jaimie

Madison, WI

#5587 May 26, 2012
marty wrote:
<quoted text>
What is even worse is that when the price of energy goes up, that causes the price of EVERYTHING to go up!
Once again, these institutions are OWNED by someone. They get old retire either assist their child, or it has to be sold. A new owner does not have to honor the old owners contracts and terms and will give you new terms and pricing.

Japan was here shopping MGE in Madison Wisconsin Back in the 1990s. They were going to take their citizens taxes and make a puchase of Madison Wisc Gas and electric and that was to give all theri nation in middle to poor checks like welfare assistence. But they had some information on the area not all, and when they sent the group down to investigate wireing etc in the tunnels they disappeared and one found dead. Now they are still on a descreet manhunt for their employees. The shop was legal, they were inpecting prior to purchase.

So naturally prices go up, goes up with people retirement pensions and pay as well. Accomidating average City or State accounts and what they can afford to spend on purchase.

If there is a concern invest in a small business and be your own owner, then yoru not co-deopendent on all others products, have your boyfrined or spouse and his friend MAKE a dining set, make the hutch, make everything, and $ is no longer a issue, just epsom salts and muscle lubs.

Prevented this

#5589 May 27, 2012
Jaredb8 wrote:
I heard it was nutz around the state the first day of early voting and Walker is about 8 points ahead. I say piss on the recallers also. Now to add icing to their cake-Debbie Washwoman 'I know nuttin' Schulz, head of the DNC is coming to Wisconsin some time this week. She is type of Jewish woman that gives the rest of us a bad name. I hope she stays all week, cause if she is blabbing, she is lying. Wisconsin people just aren't that dumb.
Mr Republican

De Forest, WI

#5590 May 27, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I heard it was nutz around the state the first day of early voting and Walker is about 8 points ahead. I say piss on the recallers also. Now to add icing to their cake-Debbie Washwoman 'I know nuttin' Schulz, head of the DNC is coming to Wisconsin some time this week. She is type of Jewish woman that gives the rest of us a bad name. I hope she stays all week, cause if she is blabbing, she is lying. Wisconsin people just aren't that dumb.
Wisconsin people just aren't that dumb.

Yes they are, some even think walker is 8 points ahead.

Some even have, we stand with walker,,,
out in front of there mobile home.

Stupid tea party rejects with GED's.
Mr Republican

De Forest, WI

#5591 May 27, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I heard it was nutz around the state the first day of early voting and Walker is about 8 points ahead. I say piss on the recallers also. Now to add icing to their cake-Debbie Washwoman 'I know nuttin' Schulz, head of the DNC is coming to Wisconsin some time this week. She is type of Jewish woman that gives the rest of us a bad name. I hope she stays all week, cause if she is blabbing, she is lying. Wisconsin people just aren't that dumb.
here's a poll for ya''
49 percent of voters would favor Obama and 46 percent, Romney, if the election were held now, results of the Washington Post-ABC .

Since: Jan 12

Hayward, WI

#5592 May 27, 2012
I've read countless ignorant, biased, obnoxious comments here from Fetch, mostly about Wisconsin politics and his belief that "Union thugs" are the force behind the recall efforts against Scott Walker. I have no union affiliation, know no one who does, yet I will be thrilled to see that corrupt, arrogant, Koch brothers ass-kissing, college drop out kicked out of the governors mansion. My problem with Walker has very little to do with his attack on collective bargaining, and most of the people I know that want him out feel the same way.

There is another thing that concerns me: Why, Fetch, do you claim that you have a personal stake in what happens politically in Wisconsin? Why are you so interested in what happens here? Didn't you state, just a few days ago, that you and your wife voted in the Kentucky primary? Is it that you can't get anyone in your "real life" to listen to your teabagger ramblings so you come on here to bore the rest of us with it? I think most of us that read/comment here have a real, personal reason why we are so interested in what is happening in Wisconsin. We live here, vote here, and are directly affected by what happens here. All the insults, false fact stating, and bullying just distracts from what is truly important. And for those of you that post here because you truly have something to gain or lose with this recall election...I appreciate your honesty and integrity.
PR and Proud

Chicago, IL

#5593 May 28, 2012
Jaredb8 wrote:
This is from January. Everyone knows there was a slight rebound in January... followed by 3 months of failure. Why are the BLS numbers which favor Walker good enough from his supporters, while the ones which do not are chucked off as garbage?

After every subsequent post from you proves just how shortsighted you are.

Milwaukee

#5595 May 28, 2012
PR and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>This is from January. Everyone knows there was a slight rebound in January... followed by 3 months of failure. Why are the BLS numbers which favor Walker good enough from his supporters, while the ones which do not are chucked off as garbage?

After every subsequent post from you proves just how shortsighted you are.
Liberals say the numbers Barrett wants to use the Estimates from 3.4% of employers should be used because that's what other states use and have always used. Just because you have done something a certain way in the past does not make it right. We used to travel by horse and buggy well that's outdated just like the numbers from a small portion of employers. Can't you agree that simple math shows the newts from 96% of employers will give a more accurate number than 3.4%??? If you cant se that simple math then I sure hope you don't do anything with numbers in your job.
PR and Proud

Chicago, IL

#5596 May 28, 2012
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals say the numbers Barrett wants to use the Estimates from 3.4% of employers should be used because that's what other states use and have always used. Just because you have done something a certain way in the past does not make it right...
You haven't answered my question.

Why do YOU quote BLS numbers (follow what has been done a certain way in the past) when they favor Walker, but refute them when they don't favor him?

Hmm... a definition comes to mind.

: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

Milwaukee

#5597 May 28, 2012
PR and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>You haven't answered my question.

Why do YOU quote BLS numbers (follow what has been done a certain way in the past) when they favor Walker, but refute them when they don't favor him?

Hmm... a definition comes to mind.

: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings
When a better way of doing something or reporting something is found people usually change and embrace the BETTER way. Aka the horse and buggy versus the automobile. Do you still use a horse and buggy to travel??? No because there are better more effective and efficient ways.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grafton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin... (Oct '10) Aug 19 Pro People 2,234
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul '14 BOBBY 452
Grafton teen wanted for a shooting Monday evade... Jul '14 OPP 1
sewing and crafts Jun '14 Ty new in the town 1
New Thiensville restaurant to feature Nepalese ... Jun '14 Robert 1
WI Who do you support for Attorney General in Wisc... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Judge 88
Sujata Sachdeva, an executive of Milwaukee-base... (Dec '09) Jun '14 unknown 6
•••
•••
•••

Grafton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Grafton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••