Anonymous

Gordonsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2012

Can anyone tell me about this. It sounds awful. why would a 14 year want to hang himself.Was they something badly wrong with him are what is going on in that town? Please can anyone help me with this news, Thanks.
heartbroken

Batesburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2012

Judged:

Please out of respect for the family refrain from gossiping on this subject. This is a hard enough time without having to read people posting things that aren't completely true.
formerlyfrom Smith County

Lebanon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2012

Judged:

heartbroken wrote:
Please out of respect for the family refrain from gossiping on this subject. This is a hard enough time without having to read people posting things that aren't completely true.
I am sure you don't know what is true since you are not from Smith County
Anonymous

Gordonsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2012

Judged:

I would like to know why some people think that the teachers aren't responable for our children when they are in school. I can tell you about GHS, It has to many of the same family members in the school and that is another thing that is wrong at GHS. Their children get to play the sports are the teachers friends get to play the sports and if you talk to a teacher/coach they just tell you what they think you want to hear and the children doesn't even get a chance. If you want even practice the one that is so called got the name how can they learn to play and that is a type of bullying from a teacher/coach. The child gone home crying his /her heart out wanting to know they have done and the parents don't know what to tell the children. There is a teenage boy having to be home schooled because he is afraid that he will get into trouble and be kicked out because he took up for himself and had to go to court over this matter. It was another boy running his mouth unti this other boy couldn't and he snapped and there was a fight. It was the one that was running his mouth own ,own & own and that boy took care of it himself. There was students that knows this to be a fact but said no need to tell anyone because they want believe you.That is bulling and yes that is Hppening at Good Old G . H. S. I have heard that some parents are afraid to send their children to school Monday because of what might happen.I pray for this family that has lost a child and I pray for G.H.S. that they can get some teachers and coaches in there that doesn't know the children , then maybe it can get better, if not I just fear what the future holds for the children at G.H.S in years to come. All I want if the well being for our children. R.I.P Phillip and whatever caused you to do this awful they will have to stand in front of God one day. Everyone have a good night and go ahesd and play your sports and not even respect that a student had commited a terrible crime. Go ahead like nothing happened because that is usually how it always is. God be with this world.
Not important

Elmwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2012

Yes what happened to this young man is very sad, my thoughts and prays and are with the family and friends. But that is not right and is also bullying is people that are pointing fingers at kids casuse they are they cause of it when not one really nows anything. So of the students dont want to go to school cause they are afaird other students are going to say they are they ones that cause him to do that, then all they are doing is bullying them. So we just need 2 have our parys with the family. and help they can get though this,
J Atwood

Alexandria, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2012

Judged:

I agree, pointing fingers will not solve the problem but divide a town. Now is the time to educate the kids, parents and faculty. We need to come together to solve this problem. I just want our kids to be able and get the education without being treated different because of their last name, their weight, their social status, athletic ability. We, as parents, need to start at home teaching our kids to be respectful of others. If you don't like someone fine, but don't chastise or criticize them. Don't be a bully, simple as that. Think before you speak, life is short.
sitting still

Lebanon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2012

Not important wrote:
Yes what happened to this young man is very sad, my thoughts and prays and are with the family and friends. But that is not right and is also bullying is people that are pointing fingers at kids casuse they are they cause of it when not one really nows anything. So of the students dont want to go to school cause they are afaird other students are going to say they are they ones that cause him to do that, then all they are doing is bullying them. So we just need 2 have our parys with the family. and help they can get though this,
Your post makes no sense whatso ever. Besides that you clearly don't understand what bullying means.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/bullying.h...
old school

Lebanon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2012

Judged:

I say teach your kid how to defend him or herself and if someone picks or bullies them, then a good old case of country ass whooping is in place.People used to get black eyes before this terrorist junk started.It is sad what happened to this young man. someone older, upper classman or STAFF should have done something.You can't tell me a school this small,staff didn't know what was going on. YEAH RIGHT.I agree, too many family and friends working there. Thin em out and hire true professionals. GHS is a JOKE to our County.
whoknowswhosnext

Alexandria, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2012

Rittcy Girl wrote:
I would like to know why some people think that the teachers aren't responable for our children when they are in school. I can tell you about GHS, It has to many of the same family members in the school and that is another thing that is wrong at GHS. Their children get to play the sports are the teachers friends get to play the sports and if you talk to a teacher/coach they just tell you what they think you want to hear and the children doesn't even get a chance. If you want even practice the one that is so called got the name how can they learn to play and that is a type of bullying from a teacher/coach. The child gone home crying his /her heart out wanting to know they have done and the parents don't know what to tell the children. There is a teenage boy having to be home schooled because he is afraid that he will get into trouble and be kicked out because he took up for himself and had to go to court over this matter. It was another boy running his mouth unti this other boy couldn't and he snapped and there was a fight. It was the one that was running his mouth own ,own & own and that boy took care of it himself. There was students that knows this to be a fact but said no need to tell anyone because they want believe you.That is bulling and yes that is Hppening at Good Old G . H. S. I have heard that some parents are afraid to send their children to school Monday because of what might happen.I pray for this family that has lost a child and I pray for G.H.S. that they can get some teachers and coaches in there that doesn't know the children , then maybe it can get better, if not I just fear what the future holds for the children at G.H.S in years to come. All I want if the well being for our children. R.I.P Phillip and whatever caused you to do this awful they will have to stand in front of God one day. Everyone have a good night and go ahesd and play your sports and not even respect that a student had commited a terrible crime. Go ahead like nothing happened because that is usually how it always is. God be with this world.
Anybody know how the Teachers meeting went yesterday.OH was that a secret?
dear skipped class a lot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2012

Judged:

Rittcy Girl wrote:
Judging from the great number of spelling and grammatical errors in your jealous criticism of GHS, it looks as if you may have skipped school A LOT!!!! lol
Anonymous

Lebanon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2012

Judged:

i dont think that just bullying was to blame. the kid left no note that i've heard of,so if he didnt say this was the reason i did this their just guessing or trying to take the spotlight off of something else, and his home life wasn't all peaches and cream. i sure he was being bullied, but so was i and i never wanted to hurt myself. i just wanted to hurt them. the boy had a mental problem and if his parents were so concerned about what was going on why didnt they take him out of school..? i think that was alot more going on at home in this young mans life. i think that the attention he was getting at school although negative, was better than no attention at all. i feel bad for the boy, i do thiank that the school could of done a better job if he was being hounded evey day. it's gotta be hard to keep up with what every kid is doing all the time. and i think if the kid had some kinda guidance at home his dad woulda told him even though you might get a whooping nock the crap out of'em and they'll leave you alone. i just hope something positive comes out of this.
jack cat

Lebanon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2012

Judged:

gvillebilly, yep note found in trash "Mom, I need help." Did you really graduate from Gordonsville Hillbilly? Enough said. I'm from Lebanon and graduated from Gordonsville. At least I paid attention in class.
concerned

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2012

Judged:

I do not know this child or his family as I am not from Gordonsville. But my heart is with the family and the community. My prayers go out to everyone involved. It is not believable to blame this on any one sect of people. Why do the teachers of the school get blame when they are only with the child 7 hours and outta of that 7 hours only maybe a total of 1 hour is not structured. Quit trying to make someone else the scape goat and try collectively to see that this never happens again. The faculty, staff, administration, students(bullies), and the PARENTS need to work to together instead of work so hard to place blame. As a functional society we should be praying for and showing concern to everyone involved instead of using harsh words, assumptions, and accusations.

Mount Juliet, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2012

Judged:

Rest in peace you sweet boy.
Jazzy

Brea, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

Judged:

@ No attention please. Why would I make fun of Phillip and Elizabeth when I'm close to them! Phillip sat with me and my friend everyday at lunch! Phillip was like my brother! I loved Phillip and always will love Phillp. And when have I called him a "fag", I would never call anyone names! And you make me sick making crap up about me! You seriously have some growing up to do!
Jazzy

Brea, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

Judged:

Oh yeah I got to add on to my comment! There family asked me to sit up there by them too! I was close to their family, not that you would know because you don't know me or who I communicate with.
Jazzy Smiths Daddy

Hendersonville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

Judged:

This is to who ever NO ATTENTION is. Which it sounds like someones Parent. Keep my 13 yr old daughters name off this pathetic web site. Stop being a coward and not putting your name so people can see who the scum that post this stuff about 8th graders on here. Oh yeah its someone that doesn't have a life. And for your info my daughter has been a friend for a long long time of his.So get your facts straight. Matter in fact you need to take this post down or revise it without any childs name in it or ill do everything in my power to have it removed and find out who you are. YOUR NO DIFFERENT THEN THE BULLIES. YOUR JUST BEING A CYBER BULLIE. Also if you were smart and watched the news you would have realized my daughter wasn't on the tv...Smart ASS!!
No Attention Please

Gordonsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

Judged:

Jazzy wrote:
Oh yeah I got to add on to my comment! There family asked me to sit up there by them too! I was close to their family, not that you would know because you don't know me or who I communicate with.
Will I know who they communicated with, since I was THERE! And NO you wern't asked to sit with us!!!
Margret

Gordonsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

Judged:

Jazzy wrote:
You were ONLY asked to be back there because of Amanda, not because you belonged there. And no said you were on TV tell your Dad or help him read. And oh my god yes you called him names for YEARS! Horriblenames and Elizabeth too! Look my point was only that all of you may have been freinds with him in the last year or two, but you know the truth. You said she had no friends because he was gay, and you said it for all of our years. You even told me not to freinds with them because they were gross. So lie to yourself, but stop acting like no one exsisted in his life except you. I was there all of these years i saw what all of you did. I'm not a parent or a smart ass, speaking of bullies, you should'nt call kids names and insist no metions them. I'm student with all of these kids and have been since kindergarten. Heather Hunt has been in alternitive school for a year and a half for drugs, sorry heather but Phillip HATED DRUGS!! She wasn't even in school with him. Oh and sir speaking of bullies I'm not removing my post even if you threaten me all day. I didn't add my name because this is about Phillip not your daughter.
Wow

Gordonsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

Judged:

Yea nice and classy jazzys daddy, looks like your kid learned it at home. PS I was standing behind Heather when her and her friend were taking about being on the news, it had nothing to do with Phillip. And yea I didnt just start school with all of you today... just sayin' nobody is fooling anybody.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gordonsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 11 min Bayless 145,422
Jeremy Greene 1 hr know him to well 3
pain clinic 1 hr sick of those who... 7
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 3 hr WTH 9,304
Smith Co Football (May '13) 5 hr Just an Observer 72
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 6 hr Leroy 8,612
Kevin Sapp 22 hr Josh Sapp 24

Search the Gordonsville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Gordonsville Jobs

•••