Steger Pride

Chicago, IL

#9504 Jun 10, 2012
hello wrote:
<quoted text>
who won the 2nd quarter and what did they do?
I guess I am really out of the loop...haven't been on here in a few months. What is Steger Pride?
Shooters

Chicago, IL

#9505 Jun 10, 2012
CLOSED wrote:
<quoted text>
Since Shooters is closed, I dont think it matters.
I knew Shooters had closed, but when and I why did they close? Did they move to another facility? Any lookers/takers for where Harry's was? That would be nice to see a new restaurant in town. Just wondering.
Steve Thurmond

United States

#9506 Jun 10, 2012
Steger Pride wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I am really out of the loop...haven't been on here in a few months. What is Steger Pride?
THE DOING YOUR BEST FOR STEGER PRIDE is a program that started last sept and is designed to recognize stegers youth and their accomplishments from good deads, community involvement, showing steger pride, or who have just simply have done their best. As of now the program runs 6 months apart once we get more apps in we will do awards quarterly. Apps can be picked up at village hall. I will see if we can get the app and winner info on the steger website because the winners are youths names will not be published here only age scool and gender. Let me knoww if I can help, thanks
Marva

Oak Forest, IL

#9507 Jun 10, 2012
Community Yard Sale Saturday, June 16th. Only 15.00 for a 10x10 space . Good location, high traffic on Sauk Trail east of Rte 394. Send note to SVBeautification@yahoo.com.
still around

Chicago Heights, IL

#9508 Jun 10, 2012
Marva wrote:
Community Yard Sale Saturday, June 16th. Only 15.00 for a 10x10 space . Good location, high traffic on Sauk Trail east of Rte 394. Send note to SVBeautification@yahoo.com.
Why can't Steger have a community yard sale???
Marva

Oak Forest, IL

#9509 Jun 11, 2012
still around wrote:
<quoted text>Why can't Steger have a community yard sale???
This will be our first. Since we are neighbors, we could plan to collaborate next year. For now Steger Residents can bring their items go sale and we surely want you to come support.
Marva

Oak Forest, IL

#9510 Jun 11, 2012
still around wrote:
<quoted text>Why can't Steger have a community yard sale???
Please join us as a seller or buyer. We need your support
hello

Quincy, IL

#9511 Jun 11, 2012
papaadoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Not trying to start anything but, except for the 2 top ESDA people, I believe the others work for a few dollars a year. As to the other village services, it cost money they don't have in their budget to clean graffiti.
thats fine but since they are driving around in cars which use gas which is paid for by taxes the least they could do is provide a service to the village. sitting in a lawn chair watching parked classic cars is hardly providing a service

Since: Apr 08

Chicago, IL

#9512 Jun 11, 2012
Steger Mom wrote:
Has anyone recieved a bill from this new garbage service yet?? I am still waiting for one.
I've paid two bills already (Jan-Mar and April-June).
Clean It Up

Frankfort, IL

#9513 Jun 11, 2012
Is there still a Steger graffiti task force? Lots of gang graffiti on the brick garage in the alley across the Street from Shell. The address would be 3445 Chicago Road according to Google maps. Thank you!
hello

Quincy, IL

#9514 Jun 11, 2012
Steve Thurmond wrote:
<quoted text>
I will see if we can get the app and winner info on the steger website because the winners are youths names will not be published here only age scool and gender. Let me knoww if I can help, thanks
that makes sense but can you tell us what the person did to earn the award?
Concerned in Steger

Hickory Hills, IL

#9515 Jun 12, 2012
SCH man who (allegedly) murdered his baby had ties and problems in Steger.

http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/neighborhoo...
Concerned in Steger

Munster, IN

#9516 Jun 13, 2012
Vandalism at Calvary cemetery.

From the Southtown Star;

Bernadine Gwiazda was at Calvary Catholic Cemetery near Steger on Monday to visit the gravesites of her in-laws, Anna and Vincent Gwiazda, when she saw their headstones had been flipped over.

That was the case with dozens of markers in the cemetery, police said Tuesday.

“It was very devastating to us, as it was to so many people,” said Gwiazda, 82.“It’s just not right. The dead should be left to rest in peace.”

The Cook County Sheriff’s police are investigating, as 44 tombstones were overturned at the cemetery near Steger Road and Western Avenue, a sheriff’s spokeswoman said.

Police received a call Saturday from a cemetery visitor about the headstones, she said.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#9517 Jun 13, 2012
Looked around at garbage cans today to see if any where in the streets after pickup. I noticed that most of the cans in the street were the recycling cans. Mine was in the street yet my garbage can was actually pushed back into my driveway several feet. Anyone else notice this? I am going to pay attention the next couple of pickups and see if it stays the same.
bargains

Chicago Heights, IL

#9518 Jun 13, 2012
Lifer looking to leave wrote:
Looked around at garbage cans today to see if any where in the streets after pickup. I noticed that most of the cans in the street were the recycling cans. Mine was in the street yet my garbage can was actually pushed back into my driveway several feet. Anyone else notice this? I am going to pay attention the next couple of pickups and see if it stays the same.
My garbage can was put back on the grass as well. But I was sitting out front when the recycling truck came, he got out put the can on the truck dumped it then put it at the curb in the street. He did the same for the entire block. I think it is up to the individual driver because usually its on the grass, with the trash can!
Resident

Chicago Heights, IL

#9519 Jun 13, 2012
bargains wrote:
<quoted text>My garbage can was put back on the grass as well. But I was sitting out front when the recycling truck came, he got out put the can on the truck dumped it then put it at the curb in the street. He did the same for the entire block. I think it is up to the individual driver because usually its on the grass, with the trash can!
Does the recycling come every week?

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#9520 Jun 13, 2012
Recycling is every other week..

Why can't the just put them back where they were off of the street?
papaadoc

Chicago Heights, IL

#9521 Jun 13, 2012
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the recycling come every week?
No, every other week. One week on the Cook Co. side the next week on the Will co. side.
sly

Chicago Heights, IL

#9523 Jun 14, 2012
Just wondering what a bait shop does in steger, is it a front for something else? Cannot imagine they sell alot of "bait" ? I could be wrong and uninformed. Whenever our dad took us fishing we got bait at a lakeside shop, where's the lake or river? Anyone shop there?
ActiveResident

Park Forest, IL

#9524 Jun 14, 2012
sly wrote:
Just wondering what a bait shop does in steger, is it a front for something else? Cannot imagine they sell alot of "bait" ? I could be wrong and uninformed. Whenever our dad took us fishing we got bait at a lakeside shop, where's the lake or river? Anyone shop there?
Wow, I've heard of paranoid people before... Yep, we've gone there many times to buy bait. Can't say the guy's the most personable in the world (it's better when the woman was there), but it is legit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glenwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should the taxpayers of Midlothian pay to repai... 4 min municipalcode 32
Trustees 57 min village resident 38
what is your platform? 2 hr No Doing 35
Division Street Bridge Secretly scheduled to open 3 hr BIIP Tales 39
Midlothian traffic court 5 hr way back when 18
Have no idea who was behind the idea... 8 hr M Controversies III 1
Midlo.Park District 2 Commissioners Up for Re-e... 8 hr M Controversies II 37
Glenwood Dating
Find my Match

Glenwood People Search