who is fed up w the boro allowing drinking outside of bars?

Posted in the Glassport Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
glassport native

Homestead, PA

#1 Aug 16, 2012
does anyone know why people are allowed to drink outside of the mason jar? the police, and mayor are saying they have a "patio license" and just letting them do this. the sidewalk is not a "patio" and im tired of this town ive paid taxes to my whole life favoring certain businesses and allowing them to break the law KNOWINGLY. if you are tired of this too please call the boro and complain, even if its annonymously. there isno patio license approved for any of the bars in town and the boro knows it. if you are a disgusted citizen speak up. dont keep letting the boro lie to protect unlawful behavior. the boro, the lcb, the state police.... just call.
Field Marshal

Mckeesport, PA

#2 Aug 16, 2012
Snitches are sick!!!!!!

Ever ride through Edgewood and in the tiny town, they have a few of these kinda bars too. Snitches will most likely get stiches.
dog park bob
#3 Aug 16, 2012
Im sure the boro manager is getting some kind of kickback from the bars
SA parent
#4 Aug 16, 2012
Drinking outside on nthe sidewalks should be prohibited. I have never heard of a patio license in Glassport in all my life. Sounds made up. Somebody doesn't want to do their job I guess. This falls back on the mayor for not having the police enforce drinking in public. Not only that, but I know they are serving minors there on a regular basis.

DO YOUR JOB MAYOR AND MAKE THE POLICE ENFORCE THE LAWS!
look away
#5 Aug 16, 2012
When bars have patio seating their building is always set back from the street and sidewalk. Patrons are seated within the bars own property. Actually hanging out right on the public sidewalk and having drunks so close to traffic without a railing is pretty ghettotastic. Definitely asking for trouble. Does it bother me? Nope. Not my problem.
Kathy
#6 Aug 16, 2012
Call the LCB. They will nail them quickly and put them out of business if enough complaints are called in. You can't serve alchohol without a liquor license.
fact check
#7 Aug 16, 2012
serving alchohol to minors will get your business busted real quick.
glassport native
#8 Aug 17, 2012
LOOK AWAY, im guessing you dont live near there. shots have been fired and my neighbor was told he may want to just look for a new place to live by the police.... didnt matter that the buttlets almost hit him.... within inches. no report was even made on the incident,or so i was told. i was sleeping and missed it thankfully.
JOY
#9 Aug 17, 2012
I have been to the Mason's Jar a few times and the people on the sidewalks are not drinking, they are smoking cigarettes because it is a non-smoking bar. I have never seen anyone outside with drinks.

Since: Aug 12

#10 Aug 17, 2012
yes, joy, they do it often. my neighbors are so fed up, we all want to go to a council meeting onit bu u ll know why we wont. esp sice the mayor is 1 of them defending the patio license from what i understand.
Nessie

Pittsburgh, PA

#11 Aug 17, 2012
First find out if the owner of the establishment has any ties to the Mayor or Council. According to the county assessment the owner lives in a beautiful townhouse in Baldwin which really doesn't mean much but I bet he wouldn't want something like this next to his house.
Nessie
#12 Aug 17, 2012
ISSUE: This is in response to your e-mail dated April 26, 2012, wherein you advise that you have an outdoor patio that is fenced off and is included in your licensed area. You ask if you can have a waitress take orders and serve alcoholic drinks to patrons on the patio. You note that patrons can access the patio only by going through the bar, where identification is checked. You also ask if you may have a beer tasting on the same patio. The beer tasting event would be run by a distributor’s agent, and access to the patio would only be through the bar.
OPINION: A restaurant liquor license authorizes the licensee to sell alcoholic beverages only on the licensed areas of its premises.[47 P.S.§ 4-406(a.1); 40 Pa. Code § 7.21(a)]. The Board’s records indicate that the licensed area includes a nine foot by twenty-five foot (9’ x 25’) outside serving area, described as a sidewalk café. If this is the “outdoor patio” to which you refer, then please be advised that a waitress may take orders and serve alcoholic drinks to patrons on the patio.

The Board’s records do not indicate any other outdoor serving area. If you are referring to a different outdoor area, you would not be permitted to take orders and serve alcoholic drinks to that unlicensed area. You would need to obtain an extension of premises. Requests for approval of extension of premises are evaluated by the Bureau of Licensing (“Licensing”), not this office. A licensee that wishes to extend its license to include an adjacent premises must submit an application to extend its licensed premises with the Board.[40 Pa. Code § 7.21]. The forms necessary to apply may be obtained either from Licensing or the Board’s website. The application packet entitled “Application Packet for Extension of Retail License to Cover Additional Premises”(which includes form PLCB-47) is the packet you would need.

Regulations of the Board provide that a sponsor may conduct a tasting event on licensed or unlicensed premises, subject to the following conditions:

(1) Products used shall be legally procured and properly registered and taxes on the products shall be paid.
(2) Purchase requirements may not be associated with the tasting.
(3) Products offered will not exceed a standard size alcoholic beverage for that product. A standard size alcoholic beverage is twelve (12) fluid ounces of a malt or brewed beverage, four (4) fluid ounces of wine (including fortified wine) or one and one-half (1½) fluid ounces of spirits.

[40 Pa. Code § 13.211]. The Board’s Regulations define a “sponsor” as a licensed vendor, importer, distributor, importing distributor or manufacturer or its agent or employee who is twenty-one (21) years of age or older.[40 Pa. Code § 13.201]. Therefore, a distributor’s agent may hold a beer tasting event, subject to the conditions above, on an unlicensed or licensed portion of your premises, including your patio.[47 P.S.§ 4-441(b)].


THIS OPINION APPLIES ONLY TO THE FACTUAL SITUATION DESCRIBED HEREIN AND DOES NOT INSULATE THE LICENSEE OR OTHERS FROM CONSEQUENCES OF CONDUCT OCCURRING PRIOR TO ITS ISSUANCE. THE PROPRIETY OF THE PROPOSED CONDUCT HAS BEEN ADDRESSED ONLY UNDER THE LIQUOR CODE AND REGULATIONS. THE LAWS AND POLICIES ON WHICH THIS OPINION IS BASED ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY THE LEGISLATURE OR THE PENNSYLVANIA LIQUOR CONTROL BOARD.




LCBer
#13 Aug 17, 2012
Nessie wrote:
ISSUE: This is in response to your e-mail dated April 26, 2012, wherein you advise that you have an outdoor patio that is fenced off and is included in your licensed area. You ask if you can have a waitress take orders and serve alcoholic drinks to patrons on the patio. You note that patrons can access the patio only by going through the bar, where identification is checked. You also ask if you may have a beer tasting on the same patio. The beer tasting event would be run by a distributor’s agent, and access to the patio would only be through the bar.
OPINION: A restaurant liquor license authorizes the licensee to sell alcoholic beverages only on the licensed areas of its premises.[47 P.S.§ 4-406(a.1); 40 Pa. Code § 7.21(a)]. The Board’s records indicate that the licensed area includes a nine foot by twenty-five foot (9’ x 25’) outside serving area, described as a sidewalk café. If this is the “outdoor patio” to which you refer, then please be advised that a waitress may take orders and serve alcoholic drinks to patrons on the patio.
The Board’s records do not indicate any other outdoor serving area. If you are referring to a different outdoor area, you would not be permitted to take orders and serve alcoholic drinks to that unlicensed area. You would need to obtain an extension of premises. Requests for approval of extension of premises are evaluated by the Bureau of Licensing (“Licensing”), not this office. A licensee that wishes to extend its license to include an adjacent premises must submit an application to extend its licensed premises with the Board.[40 Pa. Code § 7.21]. The forms necessary to apply may be obtained either from Licensing or the Board’s website. The application packet entitled “Application Packet for Extension of Retail License to Cover Additional Premises”(which includes form PLCB-47) is the packet you would need.
Regulations of the Board provide that a sponsor may conduct a tasting event on licensed or unlicensed premises, subject to the following conditions:
(1) Products used shall be legally procured and properly registered and taxes on the products shall be paid.
(2) Purchase requirements may not be associated with the tasting.
(3) Products offered will not exceed a standard size alcoholic beverage for that product. A standard size alcoholic beverage is twelve (12) fluid ounces of a malt or brewed beverage, four (4) fluid ounces of wine (including fortified wine) or one and one-half (1½) fluid ounces of spirits.
[40 Pa. Code § 13.211]. The Board’s Regulations define a “sponsor” as a licensed vendor, importer, distributor, importing distributor or manufacturer or its agent or employee who is twenty-one (21) years of age or older.[40 Pa. Code § 13.201]. Therefore, a distributor’s agent may hold a beer tasting event, subject to the conditions above, on an unlicensed or licensed portion of your premises, including your patio.[47 P.S.§ 4-441(b)].
THIS OPINION APPLIES ONLY TO THE FACTUAL SITUATION DESCRIBED HEREIN AND DOES NOT INSULATE THE LICENSEE OR OTHERS FROM CONSEQUENCES OF CONDUCT OCCURRING PRIOR TO ITS ISSUANCE. THE PROPRIETY OF THE PROPOSED CONDUCT HAS BEEN ADDRESSED ONLY UNDER THE LIQUOR CODE AND REGULATIONS. THE LAWS AND POLICIES ON WHICH THIS OPINION IS BASED ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY THE LEGISLATURE OR THE PENNSYLVANIA LIQUOR CONTROL BOARD.
I guess that answers all you guys questions. Now can you stop messing with local businesses and find somethinng better to bitch about
Hold Up

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Aug 17, 2012
Umm, it says that the the licensed area is fenced of and access can only be made through the bar. I see nothing like this out front or on side of building. And the 9'x25' licensed area would take up the entire sidewalk which I find hard to believe would be allowed. Could this licensed area be in back, or is this posting even for the specific establishment?
glassport native

Elizabeth, NJ

#15 Aug 17, 2012
I'm wondering if this is a general email for info or if its for this specific location as well. But it prompted me to look into it and GLASSPORT boro would have to approve a "patio location" .... this hasn't been done and this proves that people are flat out lying. There is definetly NO patio license there! Y is glassport turning the other cheek for this specific location ???????? THAT'S the question.THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR THE BORO and dangerous to my neighborhood.
Mrs Mayor

Mckeesport, PA

#16 Aug 17, 2012
glassport native wrote:
I'm wondering if this is a general email for info or if its for this specific location as well. But it prompted me to look into it and GLASSPORT boro would have to approve a "patio location" .... this hasn't been done and this proves that people are flat out lying. There is definetly NO patio license there! Y is glassport turning the other cheek for this specific location ???????? THAT'S the question.THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR THE BORO and dangerous to my neighborhood.
Because the mayor and mr gin and juice go there all the time.
glassport native

Elizabeth, NJ

#17 Aug 17, 2012
NNessie, sorry I fail to see your point. This location HAS NO fenced off area, we are discussing the sidewalk in front of the place. I will continue to "bitch" as you put it, as long as gun fire, fights, bottles broken over heads, underage drinking and public drunkeness are "permitted" and drinking on the public sidewalk iss allowed AND lied about by the boro. THIS IS MY NEIGHBORHOOD and if its not your then why are you on here??? And if it is then you should care too. NOT MUCH OF ANY OF YOUR 999,999,999,999 charachter post seems to even aply to this perticular topic.
Mason jar patron

Bronx, NY

#18 Aug 17, 2012
glassport native wrote:
does anyone know why people are allowed to drink outside of the mason jar? the police, and mayor are saying they have a "patio license" and just letting them do this. the sidewalk is not a "patio" and im tired of this town ive paid taxes to my whole life favoring certain businesses and allowing them to break the law KNOWINGLY. if you are tired of this too please call the boro and complain, even if its annonymously. there isno patio license approved for any of the bars in town and the boro knows it. if you are a disgusted citizen speak up. dont keep letting the boro lie to protect unlawful behavior. the boro, the lcb, the state police.... just call.
How about my friends and I come drink our beer and smoke our cigs on your porch instead? If you don't like it, don't look! Take Ohio or Delaware when leaving town or something. And leave us alone!
MindU

United States

#19 Aug 17, 2012
Ha The Dawg Haus and The Mason Jar on the same block. Definitely heading downhill. Way to. Go Mitch
FREEMASON

Mckeesport, PA

#20 Aug 17, 2012
Is the dog house upset somebody was talking about them at the bar?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glassport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tom Bradley and Dave Kowalski 11 min yeah baby 11
Who wants to see Glassport come alive instead o... 12 min Queeg 8
PNA and Club 22 36 min Verizon wiretap 5
Wentz's building 51 min Lake Emily Fisherman 20
Drunken party at the police station 6 hr Code 4 12
Vincent Zupi mows lawn at 309 Monongahela Ave 8 hr Queeg 19
All I want for Christmas is....................... 14 hr Wish come true 32
Glassport Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Glassport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Glassport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Glassport

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:48 am PST

NBC Sports 8:48AM
Week 17 early inactives
Yahoo! Sports 8:57 AM
Johnny Manziel reportedly throws big Friday party, leading to more trouble
NFL 8:58 AM
Justin Gilbert inactive after being late to meeting
ESPN 9:18 AM
Source: Gordon to fight for pay, FA status
ESPN 9:47 AM
Reports: Manziel party led to Gordon's ban