who is fed up w the boro allowing drinking outside of bars?

Posted in the Glassport Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of44
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
glassport native

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

does anyone know why people are allowed to drink outside of the mason jar? the police, and mayor are saying they have a "patio license" and just letting them do this. the sidewalk is not a "patio" and im tired of this town ive paid taxes to my whole life favoring certain businesses and allowing them to break the law KNOWINGLY. if you are tired of this too please call the boro and complain, even if its annonymously. there isno patio license approved for any of the bars in town and the boro knows it. if you are a disgusted citizen speak up. dont keep letting the boro lie to protect unlawful behavior. the boro, the lcb, the state police.... just call.
Field Marshal

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Snitches are sick!!!!!!

Ever ride through Edgewood and in the tiny town, they have a few of these kinda bars too. Snitches will most likely get stiches.
dog park bob
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Im sure the boro manager is getting some kind of kickback from the bars
SA parent
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Drinking outside on nthe sidewalks should be prohibited. I have never heard of a patio license in Glassport in all my life. Sounds made up. Somebody doesn't want to do their job I guess. This falls back on the mayor for not having the police enforce drinking in public. Not only that, but I know they are serving minors there on a regular basis.

DO YOUR JOB MAYOR AND MAKE THE POLICE ENFORCE THE LAWS!
look away
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

When bars have patio seating their building is always set back from the street and sidewalk. Patrons are seated within the bars own property. Actually hanging out right on the public sidewalk and having drunks so close to traffic without a railing is pretty ghettotastic. Definitely asking for trouble. Does it bother me? Nope. Not my problem.
Kathy
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Call the LCB. They will nail them quickly and put them out of business if enough complaints are called in. You can't serve alchohol without a liquor license.
fact check
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

serving alchohol to minors will get your business busted real quick.
glassport native
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

LOOK AWAY, im guessing you dont live near there. shots have been fired and my neighbor was told he may want to just look for a new place to live by the police.... didnt matter that the buttlets almost hit him.... within inches. no report was even made on the incident,or so i was told. i was sleeping and missed it thankfully.
JOY
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

I have been to the Mason's Jar a few times and the people on the sidewalks are not drinking, they are smoking cigarettes because it is a non-smoking bar. I have never seen anyone outside with drinks.

Since: Aug 12

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

yes, joy, they do it often. my neighbors are so fed up, we all want to go to a council meeting onit bu u ll know why we wont. esp sice the mayor is 1 of them defending the patio license from what i understand.
Nessie

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

First find out if the owner of the establishment has any ties to the Mayor or Council. According to the county assessment the owner lives in a beautiful townhouse in Baldwin which really doesn't mean much but I bet he wouldn't want something like this next to his house.
Nessie
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

ISSUE: This is in response to your e-mail dated April 26, 2012, wherein you advise that you have an outdoor patio that is fenced off and is included in your licensed area. You ask if you can have a waitress take orders and serve alcoholic drinks to patrons on the patio. You note that patrons can access the patio only by going through the bar, where identification is checked. You also ask if you may have a beer tasting on the same patio. The beer tasting event would be run by a distributor’s agent, and access to the patio would only be through the bar.
OPINION: A restaurant liquor license authorizes the licensee to sell alcoholic beverages only on the licensed areas of its premises.[47 P.S.§ 4-406(a.1); 40 Pa. Code § 7.21(a)]. The Board’s records indicate that the licensed area includes a nine foot by twenty-five foot (9’ x 25’) outside serving area, described as a sidewalk café. If this is the “outdoor patio” to which you refer, then please be advised that a waitress may take orders and serve alcoholic drinks to patrons on the patio.

The Board’s records do not indicate any other outdoor serving area. If you are referring to a different outdoor area, you would not be permitted to take orders and serve alcoholic drinks to that unlicensed area. You would need to obtain an extension of premises. Requests for approval of extension of premises are evaluated by the Bureau of Licensing (“Licensing”), not this office. A licensee that wishes to extend its license to include an adjacent premises must submit an application to extend its licensed premises with the Board.[40 Pa. Code § 7.21]. The forms necessary to apply may be obtained either from Licensing or the Board’s website. The application packet entitled “Application Packet for Extension of Retail License to Cover Additional Premises”(which includes form PLCB-47) is the packet you would need.

Regulations of the Board provide that a sponsor may conduct a tasting event on licensed or unlicensed premises, subject to the following conditions:

(1) Products used shall be legally procured and properly registered and taxes on the products shall be paid.
(2) Purchase requirements may not be associated with the tasting.
(3) Products offered will not exceed a standard size alcoholic beverage for that product. A standard size alcoholic beverage is twelve (12) fluid ounces of a malt or brewed beverage, four (4) fluid ounces of wine (including fortified wine) or one and one-half (1½) fluid ounces of spirits.

[40 Pa. Code § 13.211]. The Board’s Regulations define a “sponsor” as a licensed vendor, importer, distributor, importing distributor or manufacturer or its agent or employee who is twenty-one (21) years of age or older.[40 Pa. Code § 13.201]. Therefore, a distributor’s agent may hold a beer tasting event, subject to the conditions above, on an unlicensed or licensed portion of your premises, including your patio.[47 P.S.§ 4-441(b)].

THIS OPINION APPLIES ONLY TO THE FACTUAL SITUATION DESCRIBED HEREIN AND DOES NOT INSULATE THE LICENSEE OR OTHERS FROM CONSEQUENCES OF CONDUCT OCCURRING PRIOR TO ITS ISSUANCE. THE PROPRIETY OF THE PROPOSED CONDUCT HAS BEEN ADDRESSED ONLY UNDER THE LIQUOR CODE AND REGULATIONS. THE LAWS AND POLICIES ON WHICH THIS OPINION IS BASED ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY THE LEGISLATURE OR THE PENNSYLVANIA LIQUOR CONTROL BOARD.

LCBer
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Nessie wrote:
ISSUE: This is in response to your e-mail dated April 26, 2012, wherein you advise that you have an outdoor patio that is fenced off and is included in your licensed area. You ask if you can have a waitress take orders and serve alcoholic drinks to patrons on the patio. You note that patrons can access the patio only by going through the bar, where identification is checked. You also ask if you may have a beer tasting on the same patio. The beer tasting event would be run by a distributor’s agent, and access to the patio would only be through the bar.
OPINION: A restaurant liquor license authorizes the licensee to sell alcoholic beverages only on the licensed areas of its premises.[47 P.S.§ 4-406(a.1); 40 Pa. Code § 7.21(a)]. The Board’s records indicate that the licensed area includes a nine foot by twenty-five foot (9’ x 25’) outside serving area, described as a sidewalk café. If this is the “outdoor patio” to which you refer, then please be advised that a waitress may take orders and serve alcoholic drinks to patrons on the patio.
The Board’s records do not indicate any other outdoor serving area. If you are referring to a different outdoor area, you would not be permitted to take orders and serve alcoholic drinks to that unlicensed area. You would need to obtain an extension of premises. Requests for approval of extension of premises are evaluated by the Bureau of Licensing (“Licensing”), not this office. A licensee that wishes to extend its license to include an adjacent premises must submit an application to extend its licensed premises with the Board.[40 Pa. Code § 7.21]. The forms necessary to apply may be obtained either from Licensing or the Board’s website. The application packet entitled “Application Packet for Extension of Retail License to Cover Additional Premises”(which includes form PLCB-47) is the packet you would need.
Regulations of the Board provide that a sponsor may conduct a tasting event on licensed or unlicensed premises, subject to the following conditions:
(1) Products used shall be legally procured and properly registered and taxes on the products shall be paid.
(2) Purchase requirements may not be associated with the tasting.
(3) Products offered will not exceed a standard size alcoholic beverage for that product. A standard size alcoholic beverage is twelve (12) fluid ounces of a malt or brewed beverage, four (4) fluid ounces of wine (including fortified wine) or one and one-half (1½) fluid ounces of spirits.
[40 Pa. Code § 13.211]. The Board’s Regulations define a “sponsor” as a licensed vendor, importer, distributor, importing distributor or manufacturer or its agent or employee who is twenty-one (21) years of age or older.[40 Pa. Code § 13.201]. Therefore, a distributor’s agent may hold a beer tasting event, subject to the conditions above, on an unlicensed or licensed portion of your premises, including your patio.[47 P.S.§ 4-441(b)].
THIS OPINION APPLIES ONLY TO THE FACTUAL SITUATION DESCRIBED HEREIN AND DOES NOT INSULATE THE LICENSEE OR OTHERS FROM CONSEQUENCES OF CONDUCT OCCURRING PRIOR TO ITS ISSUANCE. THE PROPRIETY OF THE PROPOSED CONDUCT HAS BEEN ADDRESSED ONLY UNDER THE LIQUOR CODE AND REGULATIONS. THE LAWS AND POLICIES ON WHICH THIS OPINION IS BASED ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY THE LEGISLATURE OR THE PENNSYLVANIA LIQUOR CONTROL BOARD.
I guess that answers all you guys questions. Now can you stop messing with local businesses and find somethinng better to bitch about
Hold Up

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

Umm, it says that the the licensed area is fenced of and access can only be made through the bar. I see nothing like this out front or on side of building. And the 9'x25' licensed area would take up the entire sidewalk which I find hard to believe would be allowed. Could this licensed area be in back, or is this posting even for the specific establishment?
glassport native

Asbury Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

I'm wondering if this is a general email for info or if its for this specific location as well. But it prompted me to look into it and GLASSPORT boro would have to approve a "patio location" .... this hasn't been done and this proves that people are flat out lying. There is definetly NO patio license there! Y is glassport turning the other cheek for this specific location ???????? THAT'S the question.THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR THE BORO and dangerous to my neighborhood.
Mrs Mayor

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

glassport native wrote:
I'm wondering if this is a general email for info or if its for this specific location as well. But it prompted me to look into it and GLASSPORT boro would have to approve a "patio location" .... this hasn't been done and this proves that people are flat out lying. There is definetly NO patio license there! Y is glassport turning the other cheek for this specific location ???????? THAT'S the question.THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR THE BORO and dangerous to my neighborhood.
Because the mayor and mr gin and juice go there all the time.
glassport native

Asbury Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

NNessie, sorry I fail to see your point. This location HAS NO fenced off area, we are discussing the sidewalk in front of the place. I will continue to "bitch" as you put it, as long as gun fire, fights, bottles broken over heads, underage drinking and public drunkeness are "permitted" and drinking on the public sidewalk iss allowed AND lied about by the boro. THIS IS MY NEIGHBORHOOD and if its not your then why are you on here??? And if it is then you should care too. NOT MUCH OF ANY OF YOUR 999,999,999,999 charachter post seems to even aply to this perticular topic.
Mason jar patron

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

glassport native wrote:
does anyone know why people are allowed to drink outside of the mason jar? the police, and mayor are saying they have a "patio license" and just letting them do this. the sidewalk is not a "patio" and im tired of this town ive paid taxes to my whole life favoring certain businesses and allowing them to break the law KNOWINGLY. if you are tired of this too please call the boro and complain, even if its annonymously. there isno patio license approved for any of the bars in town and the boro knows it. if you are a disgusted citizen speak up. dont keep letting the boro lie to protect unlawful behavior. the boro, the lcb, the state police.... just call.
How about my friends and I come drink our beer and smoke our cigs on your porch instead? If you don't like it, don't look! Take Ohio or Delaware when leaving town or something. And leave us alone!
MindU

District Heights, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

Ha The Dawg Haus and The Mason Jar on the same block. Definitely heading downhill. Way to. Go Mitch
FREEMASON

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Is the dog house upset somebody was talking about them at the bar?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of44
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Glassport Discussions

Search the Glassport Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
John's floral is closed 2 hr skid mark mary 7
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 3 hr parsecsam 51,262
5 Plead Guilty In Alleged Mon Valley Gambling Ring 3 hr mike ference 12
AG: 16 charged in connection with alleged illeg... (Sep '13) 3 hr mike ference 513
No more EXCUSES 8 hr Nathan Bedford Forrest 27
I don't believe it... 18 hr Lori 30
No Shame is sensitive 18 hr Ish 6
•••
•••
•••
Glassport Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Glassport Jobs

•••