Raywick, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

What is wrong with society? How can someone draw disability and act disable and go out and work for cash? I'm tired of supporting low lifes. What can be done about this?
wondering

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

I don't know but when you get the answer let me know to-there are some that mow in town in the afternoon thinking no one can see them-well if you can mow then you could have a job at Pauls or get your own business instead of everyone fuckin the government-low lifes-
yep

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

got one "disabled" neighbor who works like a dog in his yard 5 days a week.....another who is "disabled" who is perfectly fit, drives around town in his truck and does anything he wants but he and his 3 kids get a check...disgusting

Since: May 10

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

Well sorry to burst your bubble but you can legally work while you are getting SSD ! Most can make up to $980.00 a month Because most on Disablity don't make that much money on it anyway ! I know I'm disabled and I still need to work just to support myself and my family . Before I was hurt I made $4500 a month building fence but then I broke my back in 2005 fought for 2 and a half years before I got anything then I got $977.00 a month after which they take out for medicare I get $862.00 a month so I work delivering flowers for a store where I live I can only work 110 hours a month thats a average of 27hrs a week not many when I was working 60 to 70 hrs a week . I wish with all my being that I could work a normal week again but I can't . I wish I didn't hurt every-day and night but I do and I know just how you feel I use to be just like you saying harsh things about everyone without knowing the whole story becareful how you talk because Karma is a Bitch and she will get you ! Everyone Bitches about those getting SSD or SSI but what about those that get Foodstamps or public housing while there driving a 40,000 dollar car or living in a gated comunity how does that work ? I hope that none of you ever learn what it's like to be dependent on your Family when your the one who's suppose to take care of them let me tell you it's hard to keep from blowing your brains out ! I never felt so worthless in my whole life thank God they told me I could go and do a little work just so I could feel like a man again I know that sounds candy-ass but trust me you never want to know how it feels !
Resident

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

It is true. You can draw disability and still work. If you don't like that law, complain to your Congressman. They are the ones who can change it.
no name

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Sorry about your misfortune Waterdog... Life can indeed be cruel, at times, but, sounds like you do a good job of dealing with it... You did enlighten me about being able to work part time, if your on disability.. I didn't know that.
Justin

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Where did people get the ideal that because you draw disability, you can't cut your grass? I am a strong supporter of the wounded warrior program and while many will draw disability for life, they are still capable of contributing to society. Many have PTSD and most wouldn't know they're disabled to look at them.

“ready for football”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

I know plenty of people that are on SSD and they work as well. SOme coud work normal everyday jobs if they really wanted to but they prefer a sure thing. I know of one that works a full time job under the table so that they won't take his check away from him. I have reported him but they don't do anything. There are no records of him working so how are they going to prove he is working. I have thought about video taping him at work but what good is it going to do. He will lose that check just to go and get welfare.
Resident

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

Snoopy77 wrote:
I know plenty of people that are on SSD and they work as well. SOme coud work normal everyday jobs if they really wanted to but they prefer a sure thing. I know of one that works a full time job under the table so that they won't take his check away from him. I have reported him but they don't do anything. There are no records of him working so how are they going to prove he is working. I have thought about video taping him at work but what good is it going to do. He will lose that check just to go and get welfare.
This is a real problem for people who are committing fraud in disability and welfare programs. Knowing someone is doing this and getting solid proof is another thing.

Here is the way I look at it: KARMA. People who are cheating others and the system WILL NEVER have things right in their life. They WILL NEVER get ahead and be happy and content. They will have the stress in their life of always trying to keep one step ahead of the fraud police and the creditors.

I do not have those worries in my life.
Wonder

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

I have a stepson that draws military disability and if you met him on a good day you would think he is average but on a bad day he has a hard time even making a go of daily activities.You can't look at a person and tell whether or not they are disabled.Sometimes work is the best therapy a person can receive and it may be a hand up instead of a handout.
horseman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

Wonder wrote:
I have a stepson that draws military disability and if you met him on a good day you would think he is average but on a bad day he has a hard time even making a go of daily activities.You can't look at a person and tell whether or not they are disabled.Sometimes work is the best therapy a person can receive and it may be a hand up instead of a handout.
I agree some people are able to work and that is fine those that do so I'm sure do it legally. The ones I'm thinking about claim to be crazy and have bad nerves and work for cash. If its ok to make so much money then why cash only? Its amazing that someone can claim to be crazy and have bad nerves and get out and work. I agree karma is so true and there day is coming sooner than later. Be careful sly man oh and woman, she draws disabilty and works everyday with no pay only to keep her nose in everyone elses business.
Resident

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Even though the law allows one to work up to a certain amount and still draw, people on disability are scared to report this to SS for fear they will be accused of faking so they want cash only so no one can prove it.
wondering

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

I know where you're coming from-and I truly feel for those WHOM ARE HURT and still try-I'm talking about the people who act like they're trying to hide something all the time-getting separated and still livin together just to keep housing and food stamps.Yes I know karma is a bitch-trust me I've seen my fair share of hard times but I don't drive a 40,000 car and get foodstamps (not yet) anyway.May not be far from it but I won't hide it because I have worked since I was 16.I'm talking about the ones who get that check and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them-they go to the doctor and act like they can't hold their head up then they play softball that afternoon.
No doubt

Horse Cave, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

Disability doesn't help enough to provide for a family. What if a person has a good job and becomes disabled. How will they keep up their lifesytle? Should they suffer simply because they are disabled? Are people jealous of disabled people and wish they could be disabled and get less than one grand per month? People don't realize that disabled people take the money they earn and put it right back into the economy like the rest of us. Instead of putting them down be glad they WILL work. Go complain about the real lazy bums on welfare that CAN work and DON'T!! If any of you have ever tried to get disability you know it's not as easy as you think. Some people get disability due to a heart condition but can still sit in a chair and push papers or make things to sell. Some people may have life threatening things wrong with them but they still are an asset to society. And if someone gets a "crazy" check and wants to mow yards for a living so what? If you are so jealous then you become an alcoholic and then get a check and go mow yards for a living too!
No doubt

Horse Cave, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

Wonder wrote:
Oh did anyone know that VA disability is different. They want vets to work and they help vets get jobs if they can. A disabled vet has every legal right to make money AND still get a disability. Now that's how it should be for all disabled people. Lets help them, not put them down.
todd

Horse Cave, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2011

Judged:

Snoopy77 wrote:
i see how u got your name snoop.. mind ur own bizznezz and so ur own thing. ppl like you discust me. always on top of somebody. ive seen people turn someone in on foodstams or call child welfare just because u r mad at somebody . thats nuts . get over yourself. i get s.s.i. and i also clean houses. but i know what i can and can not do. some days i cant even walk but i cant live on what i draw each moth. so when i can work i do. stop worryig about what other people do and take care of your own family.
for real

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2011

Judged:

There are people out there who does nothing but live off of taxpayers and can work, if you're able to work then do it! You should have to pay your debt to society just like the rest of us. I don't feel like working some day's but that's life. If you are really disabled, then you should be able to draw disability. But then if you are as bad as you say you are then you should not be allowed to work for cash. If you do then you should have to pay taxes just like everyone else. You are no better then anyone else. I am NOT blaming the real disabled people, just the ones that are too damn lazy to work like dopeheads and drunk's and welfare monger's. If you can do that...support your own damn habit's! Don't depend on the rest of us! That's why this country is in the shape it's in. Oh yeah, that and crooked politician's!
Idiots

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2011

Judged:

If you're drawing disability you have been rated that way by a medical doctor; who I'm sure knows more about it then topix readers. We should be proud of them for trying to do as much as they can. Remember Terry Fox who ran halfway across Canada with one leg while drawing disability. Didn't see no rednecks trying to chase him down to take his check back. Just read about a man with no legs who climbed Mt. Everest. I personally have a friend with no legs, that I go skydiving with on a regular basis and yeah; he draws disability.
Glasgow Native

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2011

Judged:

The free ride is over. No more disability, unemployment, welfare, food stamps, Section 8, Medicaid, etc. If we really cared about this country, you would be cheating or destroying it!
my op

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2011

Judged:

well what about the pill heads who go get pills from Dr's and psychiatrist and then turn around and sell their pills so they can get drunk or go to bingo. instead of taking care of thier kids.. Dr's need to start doig random drug test. just call you up and say they need to see you today instead of next week and when you get there do a drug test on you. and see you don't have the pills in your system. sorry ass glasgow people playing dr's with the poor me i am hurt i can't work i need a pill. or going to the psych dr's getting pills selling them and nothing wrong with them just playing depressed and shit to draw a check get a job. stop running to bowling green to dr's and to dr wellman and lifeskills playing depressed nerves are bad gonna have a nervous breakdown drawing a check bt yet able to get out and run the roads and play bingo. and go to church's begging for food and to pay your bills and also to sue haynes.. yet people are wising up to your shit your gonna get busted soon enough

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

114 Users are viewing the Glasgow Forum right now

Search the Glasgow Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min Mike Duquette 128,688
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min DITCH MITCH 146,318
Mancino's closing 16 min DMB 2
patricia shugart (Mar '13) 56 min Yuck 15
Danny Thomas 57 min red velvet mystery 1
lady in Walmart 1 hr hmmmm 5
james, independent recovery 1 hr Iggy 2
Walmart Gone To the Dogs 1 hr Iggy 30
Cave City has voted YES! 2 hr Just Heard 18
Doty Dooty 15 hr looking ahead 57
T j urgent clinic Thu Larry 6
•••
•••
•••