Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

Judged:

What does this Dennison guy have to complain about? He is drunk and does not work. So he has lots of time on his hand to complain. The people he's talking about work everyday. At least they are trying to have something. The below was in Wed. Glasgow Daily times.

GLASGOW — Although Barren Fiscal Court’s Building and Electrical Inspections Committee had their first meeting a week ago, Inspector Jim Griffin brought a few more people to Barren County Fiscal Court to give their perspective.

Ralph Riley and Steve Dennison both live next to mobile homes that they say are devaluing their properties and causing them to not be able to enjoy their own homes.

“I’m not asking for anybody to move, I’m just asking to be able to sit on my porch,” said Riley, who lives on Willie Groce Road.

Riley said he has had infestation problems, and odors from his neighbors, who are also running a small salvage business at the home, he said. He and his wife, who have lived in the house for 10 years, have been unsuccessful in their attempts to sell the home because of the mess and have purchased a $2,000 privacy fence.

“We don’t have anyone else to turn to and we hope that y’all will consider something that will help,” Riley said.

Dennison purchased his double-wide mobile home on Garrett’s Hideout Road in 1994 and lives next to a problem neighbor with two single-wides put together. He has another neighbor who has had 13 junk cars at one time and doesn’t even live in the home.

The unkempt yards are keeping him and his wife from enjoying their home and are skeptical of ever selling their property because of the ones around them.

“I wouldn’t buy it,” Dennison said.“I can’t give it away. I don’t know why people are so afraid to clean up a piece of property.”

Griffin said Riley and Dennison are just two of many phone calls he receives every week looking for a solution to the messy properties.

“The solution that I would recommend, we need a county maintenance code,” Griffin said.“The only penalty for this kind of thing right now is to have the county clean it and then … have them pay for it. Other than that, there is nothing.”

The fiscal court took no action in the matter, but Judge-Executive Davie Greer said the court would have to start thinking about the issue.

“This is something that we need to start really seriously thinking about,” Greer said.
wondering

Park City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Judged:

I would love to live on Garrretts Hideout,what are you asking for your home?I live on Burkesville Rd and the constant loud traffic is driving me BONKERS!!
sue

Horse Cave, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Judged:

i would love to live on that road Garrett Hideout the road was always Quite. stop your complaining the road was alway well kept and only more wealth people live their. put a price on your property and i'm sure someone will buy it. then you can stop complain about your neibors
I know

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

my2cents wrote:
What does this Dennison guy have to complain about? He is drunk and does not work. So he has lots of time on his hand to complain. The people he's talking about work everyday. At least they are trying to have something. The below was in Wed. Glasgow Daily times.
GLASGOW — Although Barren Fiscal Court’s Building and Electrical Inspections Committee had their first meeting a week ago, Inspector Jim Griffin brought a few more people to Barren County Fiscal Court to give their perspective.
Ralph Riley and Steve Dennison both live next to mobile homes that they say are devaluing their properties and causing them to not be able to enjoy their own homes.
“I’m not asking for anybody to move, I’m just asking to be able to sit on my porch,” said Riley, who lives on Willie Groce Road.
Riley said he has had infestation problems, and odors from his neighbors, who are also running a small salvage business at the home, he said. He and his wife, who have lived in the house for 10 years, have been unsuccessful in their attempts to sell the home because of the mess and have purchased a $2,000 privacy fence.
“We don’t have anyone else to turn to and we hope that y’all will consider something that will help,” Riley said.
Dennison purchased his double-wide mobile home on Garrett’s Hideout Road in 1994 and lives next to a problem neighbor with two single-wides put together. He has another neighbor who has had 13 junk cars at one time and doesn’t even live in the home.
The unkempt yards are keeping him and his wife from enjoying their home and are skeptical of ever selling their property because of the ones around them.
“I wouldn’t buy it,” Dennison said.“I can’t give it away. I don’t know why people are so afraid to clean up a piece of property.”
Griffin said Riley and Dennison are just two of many phone calls he receives every week looking for a solution to the messy properties.
“The solution that I would recommend, we need a county maintenance code,” Griffin said.“The only penalty for this kind of thing right now is to have the county clean it and then … have them pay for it. Other than that, there is nothing.”
The fiscal court took no action in the matter, but Judge-Executive Davie Greer said the court would have to start thinking about the issue.
“This is something that we need to start really seriously thinking about,” Greer said.
I know what you mean I live with the same mess with my neighbors becuase they won't pick up trash and I get roaches from their house and I keep my place clean. What can be done about it?
BAM

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Judged:

Problem: Messy neighbors with foul odors and pests.

Answer: After sunset,apply small amount of Kerosene
step back and ignite. Problem solved!!!!

You can send me the money that would have gone to higher taxes.
IMHO

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Judged:

I know wrote:
<quoted text> I know what you mean I live with the same mess with my neighbors becuase they won't pick up trash and I get roaches from their house and I keep my place clean. What can be done about it?
If you are in the county----not one darn thing. The fiscal court members who voted against county code enforcement apparently don't have this mess next to them.
dog house

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Judged:

my2cents wrote:
you dont have any ideal what you talking about mr dennison work 30 years with the goverment and wanting a nice place to live if you call a drunk 2 beers a day you are dummer then i think you are, you should live next to a meth lab and trash are you trash your self
Grow Up

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

The last thing we need is the government making more laws. Be a man about it and handle it yourself. Do you need the government to come over and wipe your ass for you too?
IMHO

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Judged:

Grow Up wrote:
The last thing we need is the government making more laws. Be a man about it and handle it yourself. Do you need the government to come over and wipe your ass for you too?
Please tell me how one is to handle this themselves. Lots of county residents desire your info.
my2cents

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2011

Judged:

My point is your business (unless your neighbor is doing something elegal) ends at your property line. IF your neighbor wants to remodel their home, add a deck or anything, that is their business. If this Dennison guy bought his land in 1994 and did not want anyone next to him he should have bought the lots next to him too.
I agree Garrett's Hideout rd. is a quiet place with 31 good people and ONE sore head!
satans religion islam

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2011

Judged:

IMHO wrote:
<quoted text>If you are in the county----not one darn thing. The fiscal court members who voted against county code enforcement apparently don't have this mess next to them.
all they care about is around there business'es
keep voting the crooks in stupid voters, keep the well-fare checks commin, they well even vote for muslims who would destroy America.
dog house

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2011

Judged:

Grow Up wrote:
he more of a man then you are,when you try to talk to people about there trash ,then it get trasher,i know 90%of the people lives on this street wanted somthing done aboutit.so he was re-elected to do the job.you cant clean up trash with trash
Tally

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2011

Judged:

I have to agree, we don't need any more laws telling us what to do about our properties! I have the same problem with neighbors and I don't live on that street. I live next door to a house that the son let run down after his parents died. Never cuts the grass and junk every where. So, we put a six foot high privacy fence up so we don't have to look at the mess. That's about all you can do. We have the neighbor dogs that come over and piss on every flower I have put out. So now we are putting up chain link to surround the property. Your going to have that any where in the country that you live. I do wish people would keeps their dogs in their yard. People think that just because you live in the county you can let your dogs run loose. It's not fair to the neighbors that have dogs that keep theirs in a fenced yard. Or have a house dog. Nothing like going out in your yard and stepping in other peoples dog shit.
IMHO

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2011

Judged:

Tally wrote:
I have to agree, we don't need any more laws telling us what to do about our properties! I have the same problem with neighbors and I don't live on that street. I live next door to a house that the son let run down after his parents died. Never cuts the grass and junk every where. So, we put a six foot high privacy fence up so we don't have to look at the mess. That's about all you can do. We have the neighbor dogs that come over and piss on every flower I have put out. So now we are putting up chain link to surround the property. Your going to have that any where in the country that you live. I do wish people would keeps their dogs in their yard. People think that just because you live in the county you can let your dogs run loose. It's not fair to the neighbors that have dogs that keep theirs in a fenced yard. Or have a house dog. Nothing like going out in your yard and stepping in other peoples dog shit.
Ok, so you are doing all you can by putting up a fence. If you ever want to sell your property, you are not going to get top dollar because of what is next door to you.
Opinion

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2011

The reason people move to the country is less restrictions and the ability to live their life as they see fit; not how their neighbors think they should. There are always gated communities available to people who desire more rules and regulations in their life.
IMHO

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2011

Opinion wrote:
The reason people move to the country is less restrictions and the ability to live their life as they see fit; not how their neighbors think they should. There are always gated communities available to people who desire more rules and regulations in their life.
I don't want more regulation in my life either but where does one draw the line? I don't like to see junk piled up next to me either. When I look out my front door, I prefer to see what God has made not the steel and rubber created by Man.
my2cents

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

Who would determine what is trashy?
Trashy to some may not be to others.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

121 Users are viewing the Glasgow Forum right now

Search the Glasgow Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Grimes is like SlickWilly 146,959
Glasgow sonic 9 min gone to the dogs 22
Witch's Castle 49 min Meow 2
Walmart Gone To the Dogs 52 min Jorge 51
Akebono 1 hr JMO 13
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr _-_Nope_-_ 81,562
glenda esters (Sep '13) 3 hr james 15
Upcoming Elections 8 hr Fed Up 64
Mancino's closing 12 hr KissMeQuick 9
Wendys moving 22 hr KissMeQuick 9
Gary Hogan (Mar '11) Mon lynn 48
•••
•••