Walgreens is closing.

Posted in the Glasgow Forum

wogsalG laG

Glasgow, KY

#1 Feb 28, 2014
Just heard the news. As of the first week of March the Walgreens pharmacy will no longer be a 24 hour pharmacy. They will close at 10pm each night. So there will no longer be a 24 pharmacy open in Glasgow. If u have a sick child in the middle of the night and need med, you'll have to take a trip to BG.
Jade

United States

#2 Feb 28, 2014
That sucks, are they losing money staying open?? A lot of people need it open until at least midnight because several get off work at 11 pm. I know only one of the 3 in bowling green is a 24 hour walgreens.
Glasgow

Glasgow, KY

#3 Feb 28, 2014
A lot of your local independent pharmacy have a pharmacist on call. You might need to check other pharmacies before driving to BG
just watching

Glasgow, KY

#4 Feb 28, 2014
Call Park Avenue Pharmacy after hour number he is a great guy and will help you out. Plus probably the CHEAPEST place in town, know they are cheaper than Ely's or Highlander.
reader

Glasgow, KY

#5 Feb 28, 2014
I don't know how I survived my childhood in the 50's as Glasgow didn't have a 24 hour pharmacy. Must be a miracle that I am alive.
billy

Glasgow, KY

#6 Feb 28, 2014
They did to themselves. Quit taking certain insurance. The deserve what they get.
Cameron

Glasgow, KY

#7 Mar 1, 2014
By far the worst pharmacy in Glasgow. I switched to a local pharmacy last year due to continual poor customer service. I think part of the problem is lack of good management.
Good riddance

Glasgow, KY

#8 Mar 1, 2014
Slowest pharmacy in town and act like they are doing you a favor to wait on you. SNOBBY, will not spend mone there use to but never again.
LOL

Glasgow, KY

#9 Mar 1, 2014
reader wrote:
I don't know how I survived my childhood in the 50's as Glasgow didn't have a 24 hour pharmacy. Must be a miracle that I am alive.
People didn't get sick nearly as much back then, but when they did, it was BAD.
atf

Glasgow, KY

#10 Mar 1, 2014
When it comes to health care Glasgow is a joke.
frustrated

Glasgow, KY

#11 Mar 4, 2014
They used to be nice. Had to fill a prescription. I had two hours until my children's school bus. I told them that I would appreciate if there was any way they could rush mine because I had to get home before my children's schoolbus. She was not very friendly about it and I had to call my neighbor to get my children. Had I known it would be that long...
BS Management

Knob Lick, KY

#12 Mar 4, 2014
Just because walgreens is a none 24 hr pharmacy anymore doesn't mean anything about the team. It IS the management. Especially the head honcho, Kim Quigley. She is very deceiving and nice to your face but will turn on you in a heart beat. She does not care to talk bad about someone after they leave, as I have seen for myself. She often rolls her eyes and makes very rude comments to other employees or sometimes even customers. Also heard from multiple sources that she is very rude to her employees, whether it is to her face or behind their back, either way, she doesn't care and could definitely care less about them as long as everything is her way. That is a huge part of why walgreens can't keep employees. Maybe they need to get her out of the managers seat and someone worth something in there. I stopped my business at walgreens because of all this.... Maybe you should too.
La de da

Glasgow, KY

#13 Mar 5, 2014
wogsalG laG wrote:
Just heard the news. As of the first week of March the Walgreens pharmacy will no longer be a 24 hour pharmacy. They will close at 10pm each night. So there will no longer be a 24 pharmacy open in Glasgow. If u have a sick child in the middle of the night and need med, you'll have to take a trip to BG.
you are a bit like the National Inquirer in that your topic "Walgreens is closing" is extremely misleading. The store is not permanently closing. The store is eliminating 24 hr service in the pharmacy. The average hourly pay for a pharmacist is over $50 per hour. They have to pay the pharmacist, pharmacy tech, front register clerk etc. They are a huge corporation and have probably run the numbers and decided they are losing money. Let me tell you.... I know from experience...Walgreens does not care what you think.
GameBoy

Glasgow, KY

#14 Mar 11, 2014
reader wrote:
I remember back in the early 60s there was a drug store just off the square (the whole block has changed, now) and when my parents needed to get a prescription filled they would call the pharmacist and he'd decide whether it was a real need, and if so, he'd go right down and take care of you - anytime, any day. That's because we had business owners who actually cared about their customers, and not just their bottom line.

(I *think* it might have been Ellis Drugs? Or Ely?)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alison Grimes 26 min wtf 29
Who would you vote for as U.S. Senator? 1 hr wtf 42
Vote Johnny Bell 1 hr wtf 72
omg 4 hr For real tho 36
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr SNYB 131,425
Taste of Barren 6 hr Thankful 8
snitches at bluegrass place aprt 7 hr Christuffer 31
Chad Hunt 7 hr Unreal 38
Voting for Doty or Trautman? 9 hr joke 165
Caveland church 18 hr FYI 29