Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Mar 20, 2011
mother of two

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 13, 2011
 
I am needing a little help to remove a thread off of Topix. I have tried but can not get it done. I am a single mother of two. Because so some things has but on topix my children are being picked on in school. please help me!

“ready for football”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 13, 2011
 
go to the school and make them put an end to the picking. You can't ask people to have thread removed without telling which one and why topix won't remove it for you. Plus the damage is done. Parents have already taught thier children to be just as vile as they are.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 13, 2011
 

Judged:

3

1

1

if you could send me a message with name of thread I'll see what I can get done. I am an Editor with Topix.

Glasgow Topix Editor
Wizard of Oz
Martha

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 13, 2011
 
The Wizard of Oz wrote:
if you could send me a message with name of thread I'll see what I can get done. I am an Editor with Topix.
Glasgow Topix Editor
Wizard of Oz
According to the FAQ link below, topix editors cannot remove posts. Wizard of Oz may or may not be a topix editor.

To the original poster mother of two: you would probably be best served by scrolling to the bottom of the page to the FAQ link and read how to get a post or thread deleted via the Feedback link.
mother of two

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 13, 2011
 
Martha wrote:
<quoted text>According to the FAQ link below, topix editors cannot remove posts. Wizard of Oz may or may not be a topix editor.
To the original poster mother of two: you would probably be best served by scrolling to the bottom of the page to the FAQ link and read how to get a post or thread deleted via the Feedback link.
I have tried the FAQ and it seams to get me no where there is nothing there to help me.... PLEASE
Martha

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 13, 2011
 
mother of two wrote:
<quoted text>
I have tried the FAQ and it seams to get me no where there is nothing there to help me.... PLEASE
Are you saying that you have sent the thread to topix via the feedback link and topix isn't removing it? Or are you saying you can't figure out how to do that? You have to send the actual thread or post to topix and ask that it be removed. However, topix doesn't remove something just because you want it removed. It has to be a topic that is in violation of their code of conduct on here.
mother of two

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 14, 2011
 
Martha wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying that you have sent the thread to topix via the feedback link and topix isn't removing it? Or are you saying you can't figure out how to do that? You have to send the actual thread or post to topix and ask that it be removed. However, topix doesn't remove something just because you want it removed. It has to be a topic that is in violation of their on here.
I have tried to remove it again today but I'm just not doing something right. All of the links I go to does not help me.
The things that is being said is past anyone's code of conduct.
Martha

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 14, 2011
 
mother of two wrote:
<quoted text>
I have tried to remove it again today but I'm just not doing something right. All of the links I go to does not help me.
The things that is being said is past anyone's code of conduct.
I am not clear on what you are doing that isn't working. Are you going into the specific thread you want removed, and then scrolling down to the bottom of the page to the feedback link, clicking on feedback and asking them to remove it?
mother of two

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 14, 2011
 
I do not understand of type of feedback it id nothing there is for me i have tryed. do you have a email I can reach you at?
Martha

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 14, 2011
 
mother of two wrote:
I do not understand of type of feedback it id nothing there is for me i have tryed. do you have a email I can reach you at?
Sorry but I do not want to put my email address on here. I tested the feedback option and got it to work.

1.Go to the thread you want removed

2. scroll down to the post you want removed.

3.Right click on the number by the post. This will bring up a gray box.

4.click on copy link location

5.Scroll down to the bottom of the page to the area which is "about topix".

6. click on feedback.

7. this brings up several options. click on the first one--report abuse

8. this brings up a long narrow box. put your cursor in the left hand corner and right click. this brings up a gray box.

9.click on 'paste". This puts the link into that box and tells topix which post is offensive or whatever.

10. Then complete your name and all the other info and give the reason why you want this removed.

I hope this helps you. If not, maybe you can get someone to come to you and show you how.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 19, 2011
 
Martha wrote:
<quoted text>According to the FAQ link below, topix editors cannot remove posts. Wizard of Oz may or may not be a topix editor.
To the original poster mother of two: you would probably be best served by scrolling to the bottom of the page to the FAQ link and read how to get a post or thread deleted via the Feedback link.
You are right about me removing a post myself but I can send it in and most usually within 24-48 hours from the time I send something in it is removed. as far as me being a Topix Editor all you have to do is check on the Tompkinsville topix Homepage, it has a listing of the Editors there. I don't mind helping anyone with this all you have to do is send me an email with the name of the thread,what it contains that is offensive or untrue and what problems it's causing for you and I can send it in for you! My email address is critical.thinker00@yahoo.com ,feel free to send me the information and I'll see what I can do for you! Thank You very much!

Tompkinsville Topix Editor
Wizard of Oz

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 19, 2011
 
I am an Editor for the Glasgow Topix Website also...feel free to email me at aytime. Thanks!
My Opinion

Munfordville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 19, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

You are NOT a Topix editor..... you might be a moderator, but that is a far cry from being an editor.
The Wizard of Oz wrote:
I am an Editor for the Glasgow Topix Website also...feel free to email me at aytime. Thanks!
maggie

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 19, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

how about having your family quit doing whatever it is that is getting its name put on topix. If you are having sex with your neighbor, stop. If you have an active meth lab in your kithen, stop it. If you are a welfare loving leech, get a job. See, it is simple, be a responsible, law abiding, non-drug using citizen and you will not end up on topix, and your children will not be "picked" on at school (at least not for what the family doe)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 20, 2011
 
My Opinion wrote:
You are NOT a Topix editor..... you might be a moderator, but that is a far cry from being an editor.
<quoted text>
ok then whatever you think but common sense,all you have to do is look at my profile and it will tell you what I am and how to get in contact with me,so think what you want to think that's fine. And no I am not a moderator, I could only wish I was then I could delete whatever I wanted to. Do a little research before posting things you know nothing about, that way when stuff is posted it doesn't make you look so ignorant.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

134 Users are viewing the Glasgow Forum right now

Search the Glasgow Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min Curmudgeon 146,818
Akebono 19 min JMO 11
Upcoming Elections 21 min Curious 54
donna shugart (Nov '08) 47 min just wondering 19
child custody???? 1 hr TriedNTrue 3
Gary Hogan (Mar '11) 1 hr lynn 48
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 2 hr lol 1,035
Mancino's closing 4 hr Agree 8
Wendys moving 19 hr Iggy 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

Glasgow Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Glasgow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Glasgow News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Glasgow
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••