educated plus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

I took my husband and two friends to an event Friday night at this so-called restaurant only to find out that you have to reserve a table before hand. They did have one available in the bar area where you could not see the act that was performing. The food was less than good and we ordered a bottle of wine that cost 26.00 that if I drink that brand I could buy it for 6.99 a bottle at Krogers wine shop. No one in my party could eat their food it was terrible. We spent close to 200.00 that night between the four of us. My friend ordered a mixed drink and it was undrinkable. When i complained to the owner her response was You get what you get. Terrible response for someone who owns a business. How do these people stay in business?
stjthb

Raywick, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

educated plus wrote:
I took my husband and two friends to an event Friday night at this so-called restaurant only to find out that you have to reserve a table before hand. They did have one available in the bar area where you could not see the act that was performing. The food was less than good and we ordered a bottle of wine that cost 26.00 that if I drink that brand I could buy it for 6.99 a bottle at Krogers wine shop. No one in my party could eat their food it was terrible. We spent close to 200.00 that night between the four of us. My friend ordered a mixed drink and it was undrinkable. When i complained to the owner her response was You get what you get. Terrible response for someone who owns a business. How do these people stay in business?
Here is a thought, just don't go back!
Ha
ElbowSprings

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

(I haven't been to George J's for their Friday night events) If I'm served food that is 'terrible', I complain, then I'm brought something else, or I try to work something out with the manager i.e. reduced bill, or free. I cannot believe you spent almost $200 there!
educated plus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

Just trying to educate the good folks in Glasgow before they too end up wasting their good hard earned cash on food that I wouldn't feed my dog. You are right about one thing I will never go back. What the owners don't realize is word of mouth can make you or break you!
ElbowSprings

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

educated plus wrote:
Just trying to educate the good folks in Glasgow before they too end up wasting their good hard earned cash on food that I wouldn't feed my dog. You are right about one thing I will never go back. What the owners don't realize is word of mouth can make you or break you!
Boy that was a very expensive lesson!
educated plus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

To Elbow Springs I did complain. The owner was not willing to do anything. Said she was not a supper club, my comment was then why are you serving food.We did spend 200.00 there was 4 of us all had meals of about 20.00 ea. 2 bottles of wine at 26.00 ea.1 friend had mixed drinks tried a couple different ones thinking one might be good and the other friend had about 8 beers we stayed approx 3 hrs to listen to the entertainment.
hmmm

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

20 dollars each for a meal at george j's? they must have changed their menu since I was there. Nothing was $20 last time I was there. They had a limited menu for the jammin' at j's event. Mainly sandwiches and appetizers. You bought 2 bottles of 26.00 wine you could have gotten at Kroger for 6.99? I can understand you bought the first bottle without knowing the price but why did you buy the 2nd bottle?
educated plus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

We each had a caesar salad at 8.99 and then the entree ea, my husband and I had the Tuna Steak I believe it was around 10.00 each The other 2 friends had salads and entrees about the same price and I did know what the price of the wine was before I ordered it was but I don't go into a place like that and spend 3 hrs nursing one glass of wine. That is not fair either to the people trying to make a go at their business or the waitresses working for their tips. I just think the cost of the wine was a little overboard and diffently had a big problem with the quality of food.
bring backoldways

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

IMO::::the food used to be good when they had the breakfast buffett and lunch buffett but they had to have a CHEF this town is not high society for all that mess I think they made more money the old way time they pay the fiddler there is not much to dance on lol
Patron

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

I guess George J's does still have some kinks to work out with their Friday night events. Maybe you did get bad food. But try to keep this in perspective. They had a totally packed house, and they are not just trying to make money with Jammin'- they are trying to help make Glasgow a fun place to stay on Friday nights and trying to expose local musical talent. Combine all of these objectives and you should agree it is not easy.

For my part, I am thrilled that they are trying and I am certain that your expectation of perfection in dining is unrealistic. Have you ever gone to a community music event, one that is so popular that all tables were already reserved, and also had a gourmet dining experience? I think we should give them all a little time and room to improve before condemning their effort. I will be back Friday night, and the place will likely be full again. I will enjoy a beer or two and find something that will help the beer go down. I will be an adult and appreciate the fact that they are trying to make my life better.
educated plus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

If you are in business do it well or don't do it at all. If you serve food then make it good food and when a customer complains don't take the offensive, apologize and learn from your mistakes or you will continue to make the same ones and your business will go down the tubes. If you are not ready to be a business don't open your doors till you are. This was not my first time there I came once for lunch when there was only a few people in the place(less than 10) got bad food then but was willing to give it another try, but it was the same bad food.
OLD CRUISER

Horse Cave, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Order the BEER
ElbowSprings

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

I hope they improve on their food & respect. Wonder if you don't consider yourself a 'supper club' you don't have to have good food? LOL
Non-Patron

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

Just don't go. The place is highly politically oriented to support Republicans and "Patriots"/Tea Partiers. When they start promoting their political choices on Facebook I think it sends a message that you're really not welcome if you don't subscribe to their views. They have a lot to learn about being in a public business. The Friday night events seem to be an effort by Geo. J's and Sustainable Glasgow if you follow the publicity for the events. Sustainable Glasgow is a different can of worms that should be viewed with great caution.
educated plus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

To non patron you do speak the truth. I did see the ads for the Tea Party but not till after I had gone. I was born in Glasgow it is a cliquish little town a certain little group of people think they own that town and they resent outsiders. My parents paid tution for me to go to school there. I lived in the county we were farmers, but the in crowd looked down their noses at me and would not even speak to me because they considered me to be beneath them because I wasnt a part of their little clique. Nevermind that my family had money but we were raised not to flaunt what you had to others or brag about it we were taught just to be grateful and to give back when you could and be polite to people and help them if you could. If you took most of those people who think they are big shots and put them in a big city they wouldn't be able to survive. Shame that some people think they are better than you are because we all put our pants on the same way one leg at a time
Concerned

Cave City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

I am concerned about where Glasgow is headed?? Why on earth would anyone want to serve wine and beer on our Glasgow Square?? Do other towns serve drinks in front of their court houses. I wonder if the police dept has stopped anyone leaving George J's. Come on people, what happened to selling the hamburgers and good food. What happened to all our little small dept stores(Newberrys always had the best mexican hamburgers) Remember the side walks days when the square was packed full?? Who needs this fine dining in our small town?? We can't even get a Logans, or O'charleys. Also, who can afford to dine at the price that was mentioned. I work for aliving but thats not in budget this day and time!! I wished we could go back to the good ol days, things seemed easier then, then they are now!!
Local Guy

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

In those good old days we were not addicted to Walmart, a company which drains money away. When folks shopped at local businesses, we had more of them. Go figure! You long for the good old days yet you want more franchise places like Logan's or O'charley's? Those two wishes cannot live together.
Resident

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

Non-Patron wrote:
Just don't go. The place is highly politically oriented to support Republicans and "Patriots"/Tea Partiers. When they start promoting their political choices on Facebook I think it sends a message that you're really not welcome if you don't subscribe to their views. They have a lot to learn about being in a public business. The Friday night events seem to be an effort by Geo. J's and Sustainable Glasgow if you follow the publicity for the events. Sustainable Glasgow is a different can of worms that should be viewed with great caution.
You are wrong. They are hateful democrats there.
Snowman

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

Concerned wrote:
I am concerned about where Glasgow is headed?? Why on earth would anyone want to serve wine and beer on our Glasgow Square?? Do other towns serve drinks in front of their court houses. I wonder if the police dept has stopped anyone leaving George J's. Come on people, what happened to selling the hamburgers and good food. What happened to all our little small dept stores(Newberrys always had the best mexican hamburgers) Remember the side walks days when the square was packed full?? Who needs this fine dining in our small town?? We can't even get a Logans, or O'charleys. Also, who can afford to dine at the price that was mentioned. I work for aliving but thats not in budget this day and time!! I wished we could go back to the good ol days, things seemed easier then, then they are now!!
Yes, other towns in Ky that are wet have restaurants and bars on their "squares" near the courthouse.

George J's is not fine dining.

If you want to go back to the good old days, you can. Cut off cable and internet, disconnect your cell phone, grow your own garden, raise some cows or hogs for meat, get some chickens for eggs, cut off electric, get out the lanterns, put a wood burning stove in your house. Oh, I guess this isn't what you meant by the good old days. I didn't think so. Not too many of us want to go back there. I know I don't.
tx dude

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

educated plus wrote:
perhaps the owner was trying to give you a hint, he doesnt want trash in his establishment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of49
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Glasgow Forum right now

Search the Glasgow Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr tree 146,065
destroying marriages 3 hr what 26
Been hearing that Bubby Wheat is a drug dealer 3 hr grow up 8
Doty Dooty 5 hr I love barren county 51
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 6 hr dodo 81,563
Who's sleeping with who at federal mogul? 6 hr Long John 34
Walmart Gone To the Dogs 7 hr Reggie 9
•••
•••