Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Jun 4, 2012
Looking for a Cell

United States

#1 Aug 17, 2010
I am thinking about switching to Straight Talk cell service. Does anyone know how well it works around here? I am getting the Samsung Slider with the letters. If you use this service...please let me know how your service is, and what phone you use. Thanks
i do

United States

#2 Aug 17, 2010
I have straight talk and use the samsung slider and I love it. It's way cheaper- I use the $30 service because you get 16 hours of time and I usually don't use but 3 hours a month. I only use the phone when I'm out to call home or whatever. But I love the service and the freedom. I live in Gilbert town and I can use my phone in my living room- in fact I have often when my cordless dies and also to text my brother back and forth all day. I really like it a lot better than when i had alltel.
One word of advice- make sure you renew your time the day it's due or you'll lose your phone number. You can have it set up to bill a credit card that day every month and it's a lot easier.
well

Nashville, TN

#3 Aug 17, 2010
They dont work to well in KY and Tenn, other than that they seem to be good phones at a fair price!!
Yard Sale Queen

Gilbert, WV

#4 Aug 17, 2010
I have the Services, And it works great here in Justice,
Looking for a Cell

United States

#5 Aug 17, 2010
Thanks eveyone! I will be using it in Gilbert, Williamson, Logan, and Beckley most of the time. I think it uses Verizon towers. Does anyone know about why it doesn't work well in KY and Tenn? I am glad to find a phone that works in Gilbert!
creeker

Gilbert, WV

#6 Aug 17, 2010
does anyone know if it works in Gilbert Creek
klav

Hayden, AL

#7 Aug 17, 2010
i have that service.. i love it.. works way better than at&t.. works great thru most of wv va tn and ga fl and al
well

Nashville, TN

#8 Aug 18, 2010
Looking for a Cell wrote:
Thanks eveyone! I will be using it in Gilbert, Williamson, Logan, and Beckley most of the time. I think it uses Verizon towers. Does anyone know about why it doesn't work well in KY and Tenn? I am glad to find a phone that works in Gilbert!
I think Kentucky uses a different cell provider for certain areas. It's mainly in the Eastern part of KY and the Middlesboro/Cumberland Gap area where they have trouble picking up. No problems in Wv,Va,Oh, and N.C, works good. For 45$, you cant beat it for unlimited services.
Ang

Gilbert, WV

#9 Aug 18, 2010
klav wrote:
i have that service.. i love it.. works way better than at&t.. works great thru most of wv va tn and ga fl and al
I have AT&T and it works great in Gilbert,Justice and I even get a bar or two in Hanover and everywhere else you often go,Logan,Charleston,Williamson ,Beckley,Welch,Princeton,Ocean a,
Pinville,Morgantown. It works great in TN and Florida and no there's no roaming. I wouldn't give up my iPhone for any of those other crappy phones. Smart Phones are the way to go. I hate those stupid slider ones.
info

Gilbert, WV

#10 Aug 18, 2010
AT&T doesnt work in williamson, they are only cdma towers there not GSM so they cant pick up..If you get service in gilbert and justice without a 3 watt booster then you are the 1st person. Straight talk wont work in williamson, ky or parts of va and tn due to they do not have an agreement with appalachian wireless to use their towers. If they ever come to an agreemement with them straight talk would be the way to go...cheap monthly plan..cant beat that. But seriously doubt that they will let them use their towers, hurts their business and they are not a very large company like verizon, sprint or ntelos.
Ang

Gilbert, WV

#11 Aug 18, 2010
info wrote:
AT&T doesnt work in williamson, they are only cdma towers there not GSM so they cant pick up..If you get service in gilbert and justice without a 3 watt booster then you are the 1st person. Straight talk wont work in williamson, ky or parts of va and tn due to they do not have an agreement with appalachian wireless to use their towers. If they ever come to an agreemement with them straight talk would be the way to go...cheap monthly plan..cant beat that. But seriously doubt that they will let them use their towers, hurts their business and they are not a very large company like verizon, sprint or ntelos.
I know it does work in Williamson and I don't have a bit a problem in Va either. I know when and where my phone works and yes it does work in Gilbert and Justice and I don't have a booster and no I'm not the first person,everyone I know it works for them. My whole family has AT&T and their phones work there as well.
i do

Charleston, WV

#12 Aug 18, 2010
my straight talk phone does not pick up in williamson but it does work on top of delbarton, goat mountain.
gilbert girl

Gilbert, WV

#13 Aug 18, 2010
i have verizon prepaid..and it is a little costly..i have been thinkin about findin me something alittle better....for it to be a verizon phone i dont get very good service...but verizon dont offer that many good phone with the prepaid service...

Since: Apr 08

not here

#14 Aug 18, 2010
straight talk is good around here, downfall is you cant use it in williamson. I was curious about at&t working here, so I got my sisters phone, who lives in Man and works here in Gilbert. She has an ATT phone because she lives in man but had to buy a verizon prepaid to use in Gilbert because her Iphone wont work here. Anyway, she and I went through Gilbert and to Hanover and her phone wouldnt pick up enough signal to call out. I wouldnt mind switching to ATT cause my kids want an Iphone but cant use it anywhere around here. It would be useless. I can use my verizon phones at home, I even took my home phone completely out.
Ring Ring

United States

#15 Aug 18, 2010
i do wrote:
my straight talk phone does not pick up in williamson but it does work on top of delbarton, goat mountain.
What phone do you have? Do you know the numbers that go with it?
i do

Charleston, WV

#16 Aug 18, 2010
i have the samsung slider. what numbers?
blessedwtwo

Gilbert, WV

#17 Aug 18, 2010
i have the samsung phone as well. it does not work in williamson. which i am hardly ever over that way.
CAPON BRIDGE WV

Chesterfield, MO

#18 Jun 4, 2012
does anyone know if str.talk works in hampshire county area?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilbert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~~Music Thread~~ (Aug '12) 4 min Keep Smiling 3 887
drop a word//add a word (May '11) 15 min Doug77 4,032
Drop a word/Add a word (Apr '11) 45 min Doug77 7,941
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 46 min Mgtn Res 57,030
Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Dec '09) 1 hr Doug77 4,709
New Game ***Last Word ++ 2 (Mar '12) 14 hr Mike Allen 177
word association (Mar '08) 14 hr Mike Allen 2,326
•••
•••

Gilbert Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Gilbert People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE