Bed bugs infest Scott County townhomes

Sep 17, 2009 Full story: WKYT-TV Lexington 13

Some Scott County residents say they are outraged that their townhomes have become infested with bed bugs.

Full Story
WTF

Stanford, KY

#1 Sep 25, 2009
elm court lol
INFO

Georgetown, KY

#2 Oct 9, 2009
IT'S PRETTY SAD FOR SOMEONE TO HAVE BED BUGS! IT IS DISGUSTING.... WASH YOUR SHEETS SOMETIMES, AND WASH YOUR BODY BEFORE YOU GO TO SLEEP. NASTY!!!!!!!!!!
a friend

Winchester, KY

#4 Jan 26, 2010
INFO wrote:
IT'S PRETTY SAD FOR SOMEONE TO HAVE BED BUGS! IT IS DISGUSTING.... WASH YOUR SHEETS SOMETIMES, AND WASH YOUR BODY BEFORE YOU GO TO SLEEP. NASTY!!!!!!!!!!
could you please do some research before you make comments it just makes you sound stupid when you think you have a solution for something that you dont know anything about!!
serous

Columbus, OH

#5 Sep 13, 2010
a friend wrote:
<quoted text>
could you please do some research before you make comments it just makes you sound stupid when you think you have a solution for something that you dont know anything about!!
....Please take this bed bug issue to heart..just think if u get bed bugs u should just go ahead and think of it as ur house has burned down, the only way to overcome the bed bug issue is to walk away and leave everything u own behind. those who take it serous,we got to do whatever it takes to keep them from spreading..its worse than any lice, roach, or mice or any bug issue every..read about it. elizabeth street is covered also. and do not take any funiture off the streets

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#6 Sep 13, 2010
What do these so called 'bed bugs' look like?
Somebody said they saw a little somthin-somthin crawling on B.S.@ school while she was asleep @ her desk today...might of been a flea, not sure really, or just a crumb- a crawling crumb. Idk.
secondhand

United States

#7 Sep 13, 2010
My sister said she got bedbugs in her house from a bed she rented at one of those rent to own places in lex!
LMAO

Georgetown, KY

#8 Sep 13, 2010
A crawling crumb...... LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
Wacka_Flacka wrote:
What do these so called 'bed bugs' look like?
Somebody said they saw a little somthin-somthin crawling on B.S.@ school while she was asleep @ her desk today...might of been a flea, not sure really, or just a crumb- a crawling crumb. Idk.
Duh

Lexington, KY

#9 Sep 14, 2010
You can't really see bed bugs. They are teeny tiny and just look like a tiny black/brown spec. And I agree with "serious". They pretty much can ruin your life. And, "INFO", you don't get bedbugs from being dirty or not changing sheets. The cleanest living area can have a very large infestation, and improving sanitation alone will not eliminate an established bed bug population. Cluttered conditions can offer the bugs a lot of excellent harborages very near their human blood-meal hosts. Almost anyone is at risk of having an infestation if bed bugs are brought into their home.

Perhaps you should edducate yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedbug
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11915026/

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#10 Sep 14, 2010
Umm, yes you can see bed bugs, & adults are a lot bigger than a spec.
Educate

Georgetown, KY

#11 Sep 14, 2010
Please educate yourself!!! You can see them!!!!!
Duh wrote:
You can't really see bed bugs. They are teeny tiny and just look like a tiny black/brown spec. And I agree with "serious". They pretty much can ruin your life. And, "INFO", you don't get bedbugs from being dirty or not changing sheets. The cleanest living area can have a very large infestation, and improving sanitation alone will not eliminate an established bed bug population. Cluttered conditions can offer the bugs a lot of excellent harborages very near their human blood-meal hosts. Almost anyone is at risk of having an infestation if bed bugs are brought into their home.
WHAT

Georgetown, KY

#12 Sep 14, 2010
You are telling others to educate themself. I followed your link to the websites that you listed it says on the sites over and over that you CAN see them!
Duh wrote:
u suck

Lexington, KY

#13 Sep 16, 2010
small town losers.
Indeed

United States

#14 Aug 25, 2011
Thankfully, I have never had an issue with "bed bugs." But I know for a fact, just last week, Scroggins Park had a major outbreak of bed bugs. I have a friend who lives there and he's very clean, which proves that bed bugs invade the clean and the dirty. This is a serious problem and I hope we can rid this town of these pests.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tmmk 12 hr shifts 2 hr Beau 2014 17
golden coral saturday evening (May '12) 3 hr It was me 54
Tyler Estes 5 hr BitterBabe 7
Hot cops in georgetown 5 hr Heaven 19
Tim brown??? 6 hr Shocked 2
Santa Barbara blvd is it a good place to live 15 hr resident 11
Steve W Toler 18 hr Curious 2
Georgetown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web