Bed bugs infest Scott County townhomes

Sep 17, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WKYT-TV Lexington

Some Scott County residents say they are outraged that their townhomes have become infested with bed bugs.

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Aug 25, 2011
WTF

Beattyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2009

elm court lol
INFO

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2009

Judged:

IT'S PRETTY SAD FOR SOMEONE TO HAVE BED BUGS! IT IS DISGUSTING.... WASH YOUR SHEETS SOMETIMES, AND WASH YOUR BODY BEFORE YOU GO TO SLEEP. NASTY!!!!!!!!!!
a friend

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2010

Judged:

INFO wrote:
IT'S PRETTY SAD FOR SOMEONE TO HAVE BED BUGS! IT IS DISGUSTING.... WASH YOUR SHEETS SOMETIMES, AND WASH YOUR BODY BEFORE YOU GO TO SLEEP. NASTY!!!!!!!!!!
could you please do some research before you make comments it just makes you sound stupid when you think you have a solution for something that you dont know anything about!!
serous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2010

Judged:

a friend wrote:
<quoted text>
could you please do some research before you make comments it just makes you sound stupid when you think you have a solution for something that you dont know anything about!!
....Please take this bed bug issue to heart..just think if u get bed bugs u should just go ahead and think of it as ur house has burned down, the only way to overcome the bed bug issue is to walk away and leave everything u own behind. those who take it serous,we got to do whatever it takes to keep them from spreading..its worse than any lice, roach, or mice or any bug issue every..read about it. elizabeth street is covered also. and do not take any funiture off the streets

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2010

What do these so called 'bed bugs' look like?
Somebody said they saw a little somthin-somthin crawling on B.S.@ school while she was asleep @ her desk today...might of been a flea, not sure really, or just a crumb- a crawling crumb. Idk.
secondhand

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2010

My sister said she got bedbugs in her house from a bed she rented at one of those rent to own places in lex!
LMAO

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2010

A crawling crumb...... LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
Wacka_Flacka wrote:
What do these so called 'bed bugs' look like?
Somebody said they saw a little somthin-somthin crawling on B.S.@ school while she was asleep @ her desk today...might of been a flea, not sure really, or just a crumb- a crawling crumb. Idk.
Duh

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Judged:

You can't really see bed bugs. They are teeny tiny and just look like a tiny black/brown spec. And I agree with "serious". They pretty much can ruin your life. And, "INFO", you don't get bedbugs from being dirty or not changing sheets. The cleanest living area can have a very large infestation, and improving sanitation alone will not eliminate an established bed bug population. Cluttered conditions can offer the bugs a lot of excellent harborages very near their human blood-meal hosts. Almost anyone is at risk of having an infestation if bed bugs are brought into their home.

Perhaps you should edducate yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedbug
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11915026/

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Judged:

Umm, yes you can see bed bugs, & adults are a lot bigger than a spec.
Educate

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Please educate yourself!!! You can see them!!!!!
Duh wrote:
You can't really see bed bugs. They are teeny tiny and just look like a tiny black/brown spec. And I agree with "serious". They pretty much can ruin your life. And, "INFO", you don't get bedbugs from being dirty or not changing sheets. The cleanest living area can have a very large infestation, and improving sanitation alone will not eliminate an established bed bug population. Cluttered conditions can offer the bugs a lot of excellent harborages very near their human blood-meal hosts. Almost anyone is at risk of having an infestation if bed bugs are brought into their home.
WHAT

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

You are telling others to educate themself. I followed your link to the websites that you listed it says on the sites over and over that you CAN see them!
Duh wrote:
u suck

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

Judged:

small town losers.
Indeed

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2011

Thankfully, I have never had an issue with "bed bugs." But I know for a fact, just last week, Scroggins Park had a major outbreak of bed bugs. I have a friend who lives there and he's very clean, which proves that bed bugs invade the clean and the dirty. This is a serious problem and I hope we can rid this town of these pests.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Georgetown Forum right now

Search the Georgetown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Jack 146,425
Scott Co. Elementary Schools Earlier Schedule? 1 hr teacher 5
Debate: Gay Marriage - Georgetown, KY (Jul '10) 3 hr Same sin 522
Best Hair Stylest 4 hr Lush locks 41
pet grooming (Sep '09) 6 hr Dog lover 19
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 6 hr Tired of the bs 26,192
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 7 hr uhk 1,018
•••
•••
•••
•••

Georgetown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Georgetown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE