Comments
1 - 20 of 55 Comments Last updated Aug 11, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wont be back

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 16, 2010
 
BAAAAAAD service there. Anybody have any recommendations for good service/price in Gtown?
Baldwin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Its awful service for sure!! Waitresses are to busy doin pills or next sugar daddy! I used to be a regular but mandys slutty ways turned myself an others to another bar/restarant. Plus larry is a pos too........
PlLL BlLLY

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

For once I agree with you rejects not a good restaurant. But good for my business
really

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Not all the waitresses do pills or other drugs there! Yes there are a lot that do but Some work to support their families! I've never had bad service there and know a lot of the employes personally!
insider

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 1, 2012
 
I worked at ocharleys for a long time and there are literally less than ten employees in the entire establishment that don't do drugs. The management there is a joke and the service has become pathetic. To put it simply,you would probably be better off spending your hard earned money elsewhere.
heather n

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 2, 2012
 
insider wrote:
I worked at ocharleys for a long time and there are literally less than ten employees in the entire establishment that don't do drugs. The management there is a joke and the service has become pathetic. To put it simply,you would probably be better off spending your hard earned money elsewhere.
DITTO!!!!!!!! Very Well Said.
insider 2

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 5, 2012
 
Baldwin wrote:
Its awful service for sure!! Waitresses are to busy doin pills or next sugar daddy! I used to be a regular but mandys slutty ways turned myself an others to another bar/restarant. Plus larry is a pos too........
NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING!!! im an employee and there is a completely different staff and management. all the trash has been weeded out. does anybody not have anything better to do than talk shi* about other people that work harder than you, 6 to 7 days a week, in an environment that 99% of you wouldnt last a night in. and i ask the rude a$$ people that dont tip the hard working servers that make $2 an hour, "who raised you and where are you from?" dont go out to eat if you cant tip your server that why we have mcdonalds. so i beg you to please go eat somewhere else i dont want to serve you and im sure nobody else on the staff would either. also please get a life a quite talking fake petty $Hi*. Thank you for your time :)
Guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Insider2,
I also work there and what you said is false. All the trash has not been weeded out. Nearly everyone is on some type of drug, mainly pills, and it's common for the servers to buy from other servers, and the kitchen staff to take care of other kitchen staff. I see drugs passed between employees every single day.

Now, as for making $2 an hour. Really? That shows how stupid you are. There's not a server in the building that's not making $12 to $15 an hour. Some make considerable more.

And you would have money to eat somewhere better than McD's if you you were not spending your money on pills while on the job.
Guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 6, 2012
 
To be fair, let's make sure that we know that this is not just a problem at O'Charley's. There's not a restaurant in this entire town that doesn't have major drug issues. And it's not just here in Gtown either. It's all over the USA.
insider 2

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 6, 2012
 
Guest wrote:
Insider2,
I also work there and what you said is false. All the trash has not been weeded out. Nearly everyone is on some type of drug, mainly pills, and it's common for the servers to buy from other servers, and the kitchen staff to take care of other kitchen staff. I see drugs passed between employees every single day.
Now, as for making $2 an hour. Really? That shows how stupid you are. There's not a server in the building that's not making $12 to $15 an hour. Some make considerable more.
And you would have money to eat somewhere better than McD's if you you were not spending your money on pills while on the job.
guest...

i was referring to people going and eating mcdonalds if they cant afford to tip their servers. we do get paid $2.13/hr and we may make 15 bucks an hour granted we are tipped properly. and yes its not just ocharleys its every place. who cares if someone likes to get high. some of the best servers can be high out of their mind and you wouldnt even know it. i feel like im in highschool again with all of this gossip and B.S.
Guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 6, 2012
 
Some of the best servers can be high out of their mind and still do their job well because it's not a hard job. You're carrying food to a table. You're refilling a glass. You're cleaning the table when they are gone. What's so hard about that?

I know serving can be a demanding job, but let's face it, it's not hard. You don't have to be educated to do the job. And even you admitted, you don't have to be in your right mind to do the job and do it well.

But who wants some drug addict who is putting pills up their nose and in their veins serving their food? I don't. That's why cook at home and feed my family at home, because I don't want needle users, many of them with hep c, touching my food.
Guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 6, 2012
 
Insider,
Also let me point out that many of us tip based on service. Don't expect a tip if you don't give good service. And service starts at the front door and ends when the meal is complete. You can't bring the food to me 30, 45 and even one full hour after I ordered it, come back near the end of the meal and fill my glass that was empty before my food arrived, and expect a tip. And what I just said is common at O'Charley's, Applebees and Ruby Tuesday's. The food service is very slow getting out of the kitchen in all three, and the servers are so busy trying to score a pill, then get to the restroom to snort the pill, to take care of my needs and each my tip.

I've personally witnessed many servers at O'Charley's go outside and smoke weed and snort a pill in their car, on the clock, with customers in the building.
really

Lanham, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 7, 2012
 
But thats not all the servers. You are being stereotypical by saying all servers are pill and needle junkies because that is far from the truth. There are servers there that are working their way through school and providing for their families. Just because you know that some servers do drugs doesn't mean all of them are doped out.
Rock

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 7, 2012
 
I quit going to O'Charley's a few years ago. The manager blamed my server for my food being late. Then told me I had too many beers. Really? I was drinking regular tea. My server made a comment that all the cooking staff was outside smoking and joking. Which was true. When I told the manager to cancel my order, he threatened to call the police. I told him go ahead, I am sure when they talk to the wait staff they will smell the odor of marijuana on them too. He was real quick to change his mind. The next day the manager fired the server, stating she was not fitting in with other employees. Really? Because she won't do drugs? The corporate office wouldn't hear about the complaint I made, therefore, O'Charley's doesn't need my money either. I personally witnessed how rude the manager was to the employees. No, I will spend my money elsewhere.
gtown

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 7, 2012
 
We don't go there anymore either. Service is horrible and whoever the chef is doesn't know how to cook. If you order a steak medium it is super rare but if you order it medium well it is over cooked. Food isn't that good at all. Not to mention there is always like a 10 minute wait even though half of the restaurant is empty. Its ridiculous!
Guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

gtown wrote:
We don't go there anymore either. Service is horrible and whoever the chef is doesn't know how to cook. If you order a steak medium it is super rare but if you order it medium well it is over cooked. Food isn't that good at all. Not to mention there is always like a 10 minute wait even though half of the restaurant is empty. Its ridiculous!
Yep, it's called poor management.

When they do get a good cook in there, the GM will always run them off. I believe the GM is on drugs, too. He certainly cannot control his temper and is known to yell and cuss at his kitchen staff. If he's not on drugs, he needs to be on some type of pill to calm him down. That, or he's going to end up getting a fat lip to go with his gut.
sgt

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 7, 2012
 
Thanks for the info.
Hugh G Rekshun wrote:
O'Chucks is a huge pill dealing joint with crappy food and shitty service
insider

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 7, 2012
 
insider 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING!!! im an employee and there is a completely different staff and management. all the trash has been weeded out. does anybody not have anything better to do than talk shi* about other people that work harder than you, 6 to 7 days a week, in an environment that 99% of you wouldnt last a night in. and i ask the rude a$$ people that dont tip the hard working servers that make $2 an hour, "who raised you and where are you from?" dont go out to eat if you cant tip your server that why we have mcdonalds. so i beg you to please go eat somewhere else i dont want to serve you and im sure nobody else on the staff would either. also please get a life a quite talking fake petty $Hi*. Thank you for your time :)
Wow,you make it really tempting for anyone to come there with the way you represent yourself. And you may be right about having SOME new staff,but let's face it,they are really just a fresh batch of new junkies. The only thing that has changed in management is a new GM,the rest of the managers just turn a blind eye to what's going on around them,they enable their own emplyees to provide poor service to the people that fuel their business. Kinda selfish it seems. Nothing will ever get better there though until Larry White is no longer the DM.
lol

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Mar 7, 2012
 
Larry white LMAO what a joke ...him banging the servers is WAY BAD for one thing place went too chit when Tim Hayslett left.He WAS the BEST GM EVER in that store of Gtown ..Bring him back and ALL that bs would be history !!!!!!!!!!
Jonesin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Mar 7, 2012
 
Who all is he hittin?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Georgetown Forum right now

Search the Georgetown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Limbertwig 147,071
SCHSTooBig Website 2 hr Donna D 1
black people (Dec '12) 2 hr Allen Anderson 34
Sharps Towing 2 hr Allen Anderson 9
Narcs 2 hr Sherrie Gaines 18
Hotel & gas station robbed 2 hr Pall Mall 2
Taking back our streets and community 2 hr my opinion 3
•••
•••
•••
Georgetown Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Georgetown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Georgetown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Georgetown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Georgetown
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••