txguy

Frankfort, KY

#235 Apr 14, 2013
like 50 cents every 6 months?
kayla

Louisville, KY

#236 Apr 29, 2013
Im about to start my husband has worked there as a temp for a year and is full time now you eant to try to get the 3 ps platics powertrain or paint there the easier jobs and yes a pay raise about 25-60 cents they had changed the pay when my husban started right at 6 months so he got 1.50 raise then a month later got 40 cent raise and now full time its worth the while if u need over time u can do early start saturdays suck and if u have kids they wont work with u on taking off or anything but unless u get on at jimbeam or jiff this is the best paying job
Ummmmm

Lawrenceburg, KY

#237 May 3, 2013
kayla wrote:
Im about to start my husband has worked there as a temp for a year and is full time now you eant to try to get the 3 ps platics powertrain or paint there the easier jobs and yes a pay raise about 25-60 cents they had changed the pay when my husban started right at 6 months so he got 1.50 raise then a month later got 40 cent raise and now full time its worth the while if u need over time u can do early start saturdays suck and if u have kids they wont work with u on taking off or anything but unless u get on at jimbeam or jiff this is the best paying job
I don't know about your experience but last I checked stamping is the best and easiest department for the money. You get crazy amounts of overtime and get to work on the weekends if you chose to. Stamping is where you want to be if you want to make the most money at Toyota. I've worked in stamping for two years as a temp and I've made around $55,000 both years. Just sayin
Really

Georgetown, KY

#238 May 4, 2013
I didnt know temps had a choice of where to work. Did things change?
Ben

United States

#239 May 4, 2013
Really wrote:
I didnt know temps had a choice of where to work. Did things change?
Nope They don't !
I wish

Lawrenceburg, KY

#240 May 10, 2013
Really wrote:
I didnt know temps had a choice of where to work. Did things change?
It would be nice if they let you pick but unfortunately they don't let you. But Kelly has been hiring temps like crazy here lately. I see a new temp come into the shop every week and that's just in stamping. I heard they're hiring lots of temps every week until August in assembly and body weld. So if you want a job at Toyota now is the best time to be putting in that application.
Mother Muckraker

Capistrano Beach, CA

#241 May 13, 2013
How to get hired permanent...

Don't get injured
-This will be hard. If you've never worked on an auto assembly-line, the work is fast and harder than you can imagine. You will lose weight. The most common injury is a repetitive strain injury like carpel tunnel except it can be anywhere... back, wrist, elbow, hip etc It depends on how hard your job is. Eat a good diet with plenty of vegetables and protein and up your calories a lot when learning a new job. Keep water nearby. Keep body positions ergonomic. Stay away from weird positions which will get you injured. Get 8-9 hours sleep or more.

Don't show anger
-HR will use this against you even if you were right and some injustice was put upon you.

Try to make 0 defects
-if any defects attributed to you, show them how it will not happen again.

Act like you're happy to be there
-don't voice any complaints.

Even after you're hired permanent, it will not get easier. It's just that your pay will go up. They can still fire "permanents" just as fast and they do. Why do you think you're there as a temp?

With that said, if you're in a position where it looks like you might "fail" soon, call your UAW organizer and help with a union drive. You really have nothing to lose and maybe a secure contract to win.
curious

Frankfort, KY

#242 May 15, 2013
What kind of drug test does the hiring process do and how ling is the hiring process in general i work for montaplast and want to move to toyta for more pay i keep.hearing they have changed from hair to.saliva to just urine
First

Georgetown, KY

#243 May 15, 2013
Don't do ANY drugs and you won't have anything to worry about?
curious wrote:
What kind of drug test does the hiring process do and how ling is the hiring process in general i work for montaplast and want to move to toyta for more pay i keep.hearing they have changed from hair to.saliva to just urine
So wait

Lexington, KY

#244 May 16, 2013
Mother Muckraker wrote:
How to get hired permanent...
Don't get injured
-This will be hard. If you've never worked on an auto assembly-line, the work is fast and harder than you can imagine. You will lose weight. The most common injury is a repetitive strain injury like carpel tunnel except it can be anywhere... back, wrist, elbow, hip etc It depends on how hard your job is. Eat a good diet with plenty of vegetables and protein and up your calories a lot when learning a new job. Keep water nearby. Keep body positions ergonomic. Stay away from weird positions which will get you injured. Get 8-9 hours sleep or more.
Don't show anger
-HR will use this against you even if you were right and some injustice was put upon you.
Try to make 0 defects
-if any defects attributed to you, show them how it will not happen again.
Act like you're happy to be there
-don't voice any complaints.
Even after you're hired permanent, it will not get easier. It's just that your pay will go up. They can still fire "permanents" just as fast and they do. Why do you think you're there as a temp?
With that said, if you're in a position where it looks like you might "fail" soon, call your UAW organizer and help with a union drive. You really have nothing to lose and maybe a secure contract to win.
Also, don't have any accurances on your record. They will not hire temp to perm until the acurrances are gone and that is one year from the date of your last accurance.
Accurances are when you call in sick but have no days. Verbal or written warnings count as accurances.
myohmy

Georgetown, KY

#245 May 17, 2013
wtf is an accurance? t'aint in any of them fancy dictionaries. All I could find was the word Occurrence.

Mother Muckraker is more entertaining than informative. I really loved that "dont show any anger" bit.

You people think you have the answers, when in fact you dont know jack schitt. Do everyone a favor and stfu with your advise.
Jackie

Lexington, KY

#246 May 17, 2013
myohmy wrote:
wtf is an accurance? t'aint in any of them fancy dictionaries. All I could find was the word Occurrence.
Mother Muckraker is more entertaining than informative. I really loved that "dont show any anger" bit.
You people think you have the answers, when in fact you dont know jack schitt. Do everyone a favor and stfu with your advise.
I've been there six years in production and their advice is accurate.
I always lmao when people ask about the drug test. You can't beat it. They cut hair from your legs, head, or arms. If your urine looks too clean they'll have you retest.
Why are you so angry? Lol Lighten up and maybe you'll get a job someday. Like at the Shell station.
Mother Muckraker

Inglewood, CA

#247 May 17, 2013
Marijuana stays in your system the longest. If you want to work there, stop smoking it now and stay away from second hand smoke, like at parties. You need at least a month to make sure it's out of your system and up to 3 months if you're a heavy smoker.

In the meantime,it might be good to shape up a bit by stretching and doing some aerobics to get ready for working on the line... assuming you're not already in decent shape.

One thing that's out of your control, for the most part, is whether you get an "easy" job or a "hard" job. Hard jobs are either the ones with too many elements stacked on or ones with ergonomic issues like putting things in the middle of the car where you have to reach in without assist from machinery.

The ones with the ergonomic issues are the trickiest because it seems you can do.... just work harder. But eventually, if you force it, something will give and you get injured.

Warm up muscles before work. Ice down after work. That will speed healing. Good luck.
Josh81

Lexington, KY

#248 May 31, 2013
Lol wrote:
Its not by accident that Toyota puts its plants in the poorest states. They know these people will be thankful for whatever they can get. I can't blame people in this area for wanting to improve their lives from where they are now but MAKE NO MISTAKE,,,,,Toyota is playing you for a fool. They paid $25/ hr twelve yrs ago and the only reason they don't now is because they know you won't complain. I promise you that there will come a day (once your older, near retirement) that you will realize that you can't retire on what they are paying you!
Toyota is paying more than any other company for the same type of work in this area. The starting pay rate has only gone up one dollar per hour in some years; the pay rate however, was generous to begin with, and has in turn caused the turnover rate to be low.
You seem not to understand that retirement is as good or bad as the individual themselves make it. Toyota has an excellent 401K plan, both pretax and roth. How much one utilizes those tools are up to them. For example: If one puts 100$ per month in a good growth stock mutual fund that has a good rate of return(13%) for 25 years then that person will have 1,100,000$. You can't tell me that with grossing over 75,000$ per year that one couldn't afford,at the least, to invest 100$. Plus Toyota offers retirement package on top of what one invests in 401k!
In conclusion, Quit peddling negative comments about something you have no clue about.
Ava

Clintwood, VA

#249 May 31, 2013
I'd be apperciateive if any reliable info on Toyota. My husband just passed the computer test, he goes the 20th of June for the physical test. He's in with Kelly services. We live 3 hr away, and have 2 children we'd be uprooting if we moved for this job. He's a coal miner here and makes good money, but it's not a stable job, and it's dangerous. We looked at this opportunity as possibly a new start...but he has great insurance now, and if he's hired on as a temp I'm concerned if he will get a permenant position. so if anyone can give me any kind of valuable info. I would be grateful. Thank u!

Since: Apr 09

United States

#250 Jun 2, 2013
Ava wrote:
I'd be apperciateive if any reliable info on Toyota. My husband just passed the computer test, he goes the 20th of June for the physical test. He's in with Kelly services. We live 3 hr away, and have 2 children we'd be uprooting if we moved for this job. He's a coal miner here and makes good money, but it's not a stable job, and it's dangerous. We looked at this opportunity as possibly a new start...but he has great insurance now, and if he's hired on as a temp I'm concerned if he will get a permenant position. so if anyone can give me any kind of valuable info. I would be grateful. Thank u!
I worked as a coal miner in pikeville and came to Toyota in oct Kelly . There insurance is quite expensive and is 30% co pay on most anything . 35 office visit and 50 for specialist
Mother Muckraker

Oceanside, CA

#251 Jun 3, 2013
Ava wrote:
I'd be apperciateive if any reliable info on Toyota. My husband just passed the computer test, he goes the 20th of June for the physical test. He's in with Kelly services. We live 3 hr away, and have 2 children we'd be uprooting if we moved for this job. He's a coal miner here and makes good money, but it's not a stable job, and it's dangerous. We looked at this opportunity as possibly a new start...but he has great insurance now, and if he's hired on as a temp I'm concerned if he will get a permenant position. so if anyone can give me any kind of valuable info. I would be grateful. Thank u!
You can apply right here:
https://tmmk.selectrakonline.com/Recruitment/...

Note how they can keep you on as a "temp" for up to 72 months... that's 6 years.

Many get injured long before the 6 years are up. Toyota knows that and that's how they keep their wages low and the union out. Chances are not in you favor if you want a permanent job at TMMK.

OTOH, if you are skilled at kissin ass and fitting into their profile of the perfect obedient worker that won't ever speak up, they might hire you permanent sooner.

Also, if you're a good actor, talk to the local UAW in the Georgetown area about "salting" TMMK. That just means you got the job specifically to start and win a union drive... kinda like working undercover like a spy.
real advise

Georgetown, KY

#252 Jun 4, 2013
A little dramatic there Mother.

As for being a temp. Good Attendance is a must! The quality of the work you do has to be excellent. All you have to do is focus on what you are doing and you will be fine. As with any type of work, it is possible to get injured. However, they have programs there to prevent and/or help with injuries.

Get in shape now. You will be on your feet all day, every day.
Question

Frankfort, KY

#253 Jun 4, 2013
I have a serious question, if someone can help me please. I am getting ready for step 4 of my evaluation process. I got a dui over a year ago, which is a misdemeanor, but I did serve 4 days in jail for it. Will this automatically disqualify me from being hired?? Thanks, if anyone can help.
married

Cincinnati, OH

#254 Jun 5, 2013
I finished everything that i needed to get a job at toyota and got the email sayin that I was now in the active pool for future employment at tmmk. Does anyone know how long it normally takes. I read post saying their bringing in people left and right. Its been two weeks since I recived the email and just wondering how long its been taking other people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sharps Towing (Jun '14) 13 min Ted Smith 15
Barbie 4 hr Speaking the truth 6
georgetown middle 6 hr MistyMe 1
Who all got walked out for stealing food at Toy... 12 hr eddie 2
Brandon Fisher 13 hr Curious 18
Me 17 hr Needpuppy 1
Melinda Turner Trial Going On? 19 hr VKGifford 1
Georgetown Dating
Find my Match

Georgetown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Georgetown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Georgetown

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:54 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:54PM
What to Expect from Moncrief, Colts' Offense in Week 16
Bleacher Report 4:52 AM
Colts' 3rd-Down Struggles Leading to Offensive Slump
NFL 6:58 AM
Dez Bryant's big night headlines Week 15's awards
NBC Sports 8:58 AM
Bucs add veteran defensive end Lawrence Sidbury
Bleacher Report11:00 AM
Jaguars, Titans Battle for No. 1 Pick as AFC South Tries to Catch Andrew Luck