Listen Up

Lawrenceburg, KY

#213 Mar 27, 2013
Soccerchick wrote:
Hey all! I applied recently and do my computer test tmrw... I currently work in a hospital setting but Toyota pay is much higher and I've worked at webasto and Johnson controls before so I'm not new to factories. I'm really getting discouraged by the amount of time it takes to get hired... Also what types of tests does Kelly Services do now? Does anyone know for sure ?
Kelly Services will test you on the computer about basic knowledge stuff then you'll go to Toyota for their 2nd day assessment physical then when you pass that you'll get an interview and then you'll get drug tested. Pee and hair test. This whole process takes about two months to complete before they call you for a position
Soccerchick

Nicholasville, KY

#214 Mar 27, 2013
Okay I had recently stopped smoking because of my medical field job but it's been in the past couple months that I had made this decision. I am now drug free and don't want ANYTHING to do with any type of drug. I can pass a pee and saliva test but I would have trouble passing a hair test due to not being drug free long enough. I do know I have what it takes to work with Toyota being very motivated, determined and hard working. I work for my money. So what would be my best option at this point considering a hair test goes months back?
I know

Indianapolis, IN

#215 Mar 27, 2013
You could be on fire in front of them with 3rd degree burns on life support and you would STILL LOSE YOUR JOB.
Toyota can replace any of you in a heartbeat.

The work is grueling. You will be perpetually sore, perpetually bruised, and perpetually tired. You will work lots of over time and even overtime on top of overtime when they force you to work alternating Saturdays.
A guy on 2nd shift last night lost his fucking mind and started throwing stuff, cursing, just going nuts. Did they send him home or even on a break to let him cool down? NO. They made him keep right on working.
Know what you're getting yourself into before you get too excited to work there.
Wildcat

Lexington, KY

#216 Mar 28, 2013
Does anyone know how long the wait is till you usually get hired or if they are even hiring for temps at toyota
worried

Georgetown, KY

#217 Mar 29, 2013
Wildcat wrote:
Does anyone know how long the wait is till you usually get hired or if they are even hiring for temps at toyota
My son has been waiting two months
Soccerchick

Nicholasville, KY

#218 Mar 30, 2013
I work at eastern state hospital currently... Couldn't be much worse lol
TTT

Richmond, KY

#219 Mar 31, 2013
They hire as needed and there is no set schedule for that. Don't be discouraged. Many of the new Kelly people don't last long. They either quit or are fired. So, there are always positions that open up for more.
matty

Lexington, KY

#221 Apr 2, 2013
kelly is totaly waste of time. dont apply toyota, you will work with people same wotk they doing but u make away less than them cause you are new they been there for while. this bully.
Girliegirl

Georgetown, KY

#223 Apr 2, 2013
Soccerchick wrote:
I work at eastern state hospital currently... Couldn't be much worse lol
hey soccergirl have you done the 2nd day assessment yet?
Wild cat

Lexington, KY

#224 Apr 3, 2013
Is it true people are waiting 4 to 5 months to get on the production line. I talked to a few different people lately and some I heard they only waited two months from others I heard almost 5 months. Can anyone help me out and give me a little more information on this I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Soccerchick

United States

#225 Apr 3, 2013
Girliegirl wrote:
<quoted text> hey soccergirl have you done the 2nd day assessment yet?
Not yet, had to reschedule cause of family .. Was suppose to be today but I'm doing mine next Thursday.
Be Optimistic

Lawrenceburg, KY

#226 Apr 12, 2013
Wild cat wrote:
Is it true people are waiting 4 to 5 months to get on the production line. I talked to a few different people lately and some I heard they only waited two months from others I heard almost 5 months. Can anyone help me out and give me a little more information on this I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
I was in the position you were in a year and a half ago and I waited two months to get a call. That time includes all the tests and drug testing and interviews. I think as long as you don't give up on them you'll get the job. Currently the temps working there are getting hired full time within a year to 2 years of being a temp. So if you do get the job just make sure you come to work on time everyday and last at least two years and you should get hired full time
Tmmk

United States

#227 Apr 12, 2013
Why would anyone want to work for Toyota? Money is great,,, but keep I'm mind, you have no life,,, and every man that works on second shift. Is sleeping with this woman and that woman, and can I say total drama and soap opera. Lmao. Money is so not worth the no life with your family. Or. Soap opera life you will start to endure.
Little doll

Georgetown, KY

#228 Apr 12, 2013
how your assesment went, getting mine soon :)
Soccerchick wrote:
<quoted text>
Not yet, had to reschedule cause of family .. Was suppose to be today but I'm doing mine next Thursday.
txguy

Frankfort, KY

#229 Apr 12, 2013
I took drug test early feb, and just got call today that I start April 22. I currently have job, first shift and same pay in lexington. So probably going to pass on toyota, but was glad kelly called me back.
KGM

Georgetown, KY

#230 Apr 12, 2013
Where do you work? are they currently hiring?
txguy wrote:
I took drug test early feb, and just got call today that I start April 22. I currently have job, first shift and same pay in lexington. So probably going to pass on toyota, but was glad kelly called me back.
txguy

Frankfort, KY

#231 Apr 13, 2013
No I do not think they are hiring. My job is assembly work, but I hear it is less strenuous then Toyota.
KGM

Georgetown, KY

#232 Apr 13, 2013
Thank you!
txguy wrote:
No I do not think they are hiring. My job is assembly work, but I hear it is less strenuous then Toyota.
txguy

Frankfort, KY

#233 Apr 14, 2013
I hear they get raises every 6 months, anyone know how much the raises are? thanks
Temp

Georgetown, KY

#234 Apr 14, 2013
txguy wrote:
I hear they get raises every 6 months, anyone know how much the raises are? thanks
Nothing to get excited about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carla Chandler (Apr '11) 51 min Reluctant daughter 17
Whats up w/ Rachel Weatherly ? (Dec '10) 1 hr get a life 36
Clint Malicote 2 hr The Ex 4
Toyota breaks ground on Lexus assembly line at ... (Jan '14) 10 hr Hopeless 32
Employment Plus (Jul '13) 10 hr Hopeless 8
This is Amanda Miller 17 hr The names Ash 16
Georgetown Oaks Vs Wyndamere Where to live? 18 hr FED UP 11
Georgetown Dating
Find my Match

Georgetown People Search