gitrdunn

Pembroke, VA

#101 Oct 9, 2010
Yea wrote:
You want us to believe this since it is coming from someone that can't even spell his name correctly.
You know everyone isn't as smart as you or I assume you are because you called her out. She just wants to tell someone or the authorites, what she thinks may be helpful. Why does it matter about her spelling? Are you the board monitor? Come on, you don't know her background, maybe it's the best she can do I have read several threads on here that have been far worst...
friend

Cora, WV

#102 Oct 28, 2010
I knew Sue and Raymond and I knew Jimmy Childers. I used to babysit for Sue when I was a teenager. It was so sad that she was murdered. It is also sad that neither murder has been solved and Sue's body has never been found. I just hope both of these cases will be solved.
gitrdunn

Newport, VA

#103 Oct 28, 2010
friend wrote:
I knew Sue and Raymond and I knew Jimmy Childers. I used to babysit for Sue when I was a teenager. It was so sad that she was murdered. It is also sad that neither murder has been solved and Sue's body has never been found. I just hope both of these cases will be solved.
I agree it would be great if they solve them. Are the police actively working on these cases or are they cold file? Where has that West Virginia Justice gone too?
Well

Charleston, WV

#104 Nov 1, 2010
If you "know for a fact" all that happened, tell the police!
magnasia wrote:
i know for a fact what happened to sue roop.. i was raised with ramond roops kids adam,bobby, and april and have always wondered what really happened..well i was told by a reliable source, an elder, what really happened...ramond did not want to be with sue any more ...he wanted to be with the babysitter. the night sue was last seen was behind her and ramonds vechile... there was a scuffle and he shoved her into the vechile....then he beat her to death. at this time ramond worked in the mines, with explosives, to close off mines that the coal companies no longer wanted in use...he took her body to one of these..took it to the back of the mine ...the next day he went to work and closed that one...i am willing to go into more detail about this ..feel free to email me .. magnasia@ymail.com i have wanted to go to the police about this for years..but was afraid to get the elder who told me this into trouble..they have know about where her body was for years..please contact me ...magnasia
gauley mom

Beckley, WV

#105 Nov 1, 2010
Sorry!! Your info is incorrect.. The book that you are referring to says that the testing was inconclusive and that they could not prove the remains were of Sue Roop.. Even though many things found with the body (watch, ring, clothing) appear to be from the late 70's in the wintertime.. the DNA and mitDNA test weren't able to prove that it was her.. They are thankfully still looking for ways to determine if the remains were Sue Roop or someone else..
Pete

Newport, VA

#106 Nov 1, 2010
gauley mom wrote:
Sorry!! Your info is incorrect.. The book that you are referring to says that the testing was inconclusive and that they could not prove the remains were of Sue Roop.. Even though many things found with the body (watch, ring, clothing) appear to be from the late 70's in the wintertime.. the DNA and mitDNA test weren't able to prove that it was her.. They are thankfully still looking for ways to determine if the remains were Sue Roop or someone else..
watch and rings, clothing can tell a lot. the remains found, could be very difficult to match to sue. if anything of value was found, test to a relative would have to be conducted to determine a match. i assume they didn't have any samples from sue before her death to compare these findings with... very interesting and difficult situation.
US Marshals

Conyers, GA

#107 Nov 14, 2010
I have been following this thread since it was started, please keep,the information you have coming as I try to do what I can.
Joke

Charleston, WV

#108 Nov 15, 2010
US Marshals wrote:
I have been following this thread since it was started, please keep,the information you have coming as I try to do what I can.
What a joke!
Anonymous

Charleston, WV

#109 Nov 29, 2010
I can't remember the persons name but a few years back while a crew of railroad workers were working on the Belva train bridge a boy I can't remember his name supposedly fell off that bridge while working to his death that is not true in fact he was pushed by Jay Young there are several witness's to this but its been kept quit for so long a few possible wittiness's include Travis Polly, Gary lee Floyd, Phillip Stone and Josh Johnson come on boys its time to come forward tell everyone what you know
Bill

Newport, VA

#110 Nov 30, 2010
Joke wrote:
<quoted text>What a joke!
why do you call that response a joke? if in fact he is a marshall, most likely he is chasing fugitives or assisting other agencies at their request to assist investigations. he could be one of the court assigned guys but the marshalls don't just investigate like the local agencies. they have to be contacted and requested but they do come when you request. it's very possible he is watching these case's and could have some interest in them. go for it mr marshall, hope you have some luck. i suggest you start by contacting this lady, good starting place.
Come On

Charleston, WV

#111 Nov 30, 2010
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you call that response a joke? if in fact he is a marshall, most likely he is chasing fugitives or assisting other agencies at their request to assist investigations. he could be one of the court assigned guys but the marshalls don't just investigate like the local agencies. they have to be contacted and requested but they do come when you request. it's very possible he is watching these case's and could have some interest in them. go for it mr marshall, hope you have some luck. i suggest you start by contacting this lady, good starting place.
No one working on these cases are going to posting "help wanted" on this gossip column. Get real! I have known several agents and there is no way in Cuba that anyone of these individuals will go on sites such as this as ask that we supply information to them through methods using this site or any other site.
US Marshals

United States

#112 Nov 30, 2010
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you call that response a joke? if in fact he is a marshall, most likely he is chasing fugitives or assisting other agencies at their request to assist investigations. he could be one of the court assigned guys but the marshalls don't just investigate like the local agencies. they have to be contacted and requested but they do come when you request. it's very possible he is watching these case's and could have some interest in them. go for it mr marshall, hope you have some luck. i suggest you start by contacting this lady, good starting place.

We were actually contacted by someone who runs this site and they told us about this forum. I visit this particular forum daily reading and going through the names of both victims and the accused suspects. I appreciate everyone who is trying to cooperate. Thank you Bill but I am a woman and yes I was called upon to help investigate these unsolved murders/cold case files.
Twenty Mile resident

Charleston, WV

#113 Nov 30, 2010
unknown wrote:
There have been unsolved murders in the Twenty Mile area also.
Already have mentioned them months ago on this topix page.
Bill

Newport, VA

#114 Nov 30, 2010
US Marshals wrote:
<quoted text>
We were actually contacted by someone who runs this site and they told us about this forum. I visit this particular forum daily reading and going through the names of both victims and the accused suspects. I appreciate everyone who is trying to cooperate. Thank you Bill but I am a woman and yes I was called upon to help investigate these unsolved murders/cold case files.
yes mammm!!! sorry bout that, just matter of speak... like i said i really wish you luck and hope you make some progress...

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#115 Dec 1, 2010
Shelly76 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would like to say thank you for believing in the Roop family. I consider Sue my aunt and always will. Ellen Roop was my aunt. Married into the Roop family. If we had proof that Raymond Roop killed Sue...we would walk 100,000 miles in 180 degree weather barefoot to get it to the athoriries. Do I believe Raymond Roop is responsible...Yes I do! Just wish we had proof! Atleast he is in prison where he will remain for the rest of his life and will have plenty of time to think about what he did...and I hope it haunts him every single day of his miserable life!!
I know Sue's daughter Suzie and I know for fact that Raymond is not in prison right now. he lives in Charleston as we speak, walking free. I have meet the man once and I think he is the Devil himself.I would love to see him pay for what he did to Sue Roop.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#116 Dec 1, 2010
Yea wrote:
You want us to believe this since it is coming from someone that can't even spell his name correctly.
I does not matter if magnasia can spell his name correctly or not.I believe what magnasia is saying. Don't judge someone by how they can spell. There are a lot of people in this state that can't even read and they are very trust worthy .
a former resident

Mansfield, OH

#117 Dec 19, 2010
GERRY wrote:
any one that know any thing about jimmy childers ,sue roop please send me any information privatly.dont send from your local post office .go out of your area.
(let see if we can make them pay)
SENT TO: Gerry Ashley
512 INDEPENDENCE St.(rear)
Fairport Harbor ohio 44077
You should speak with Lee Jones about the cold blooded murder of Jimmy, he was getting close and then was set up and sent to prison unjustly. I grew up in Gauley Bridge, but I have not lived there for years.As for the murder at the hotel, Jim Jarvis was the murderer but was never convicted or payed for his crime.I did not know Sue, but I remember when she came up missing.
Thats What We Say

Pratt, WV

#118 Dec 20, 2010
a former resident wrote:
<quoted text>
You should speak with Lee Jones about the cold blooded murder of Jimmy, he was getting close and then was set up and sent to prison unjustly. I grew up in Gauley Bridge, but I have not lived there for years.As for the murder at the hotel, Jim Jarvis was the murderer but was never convicted or payed for his crime.I did not know Sue, but I remember when she came up missing.
Jones had alot of info on childers. it was a disgrace to this state on how jones was set-up. jones never closed the case from what i have heard however once he was out of the picture the state police (shelton) closed the case calling his death an accident and guess who ended up with all the insurance money - legg. but legg wasn't the only one that benefited from jones going to prison. shelton ended up with a heap of money from legg. ruling the dealth as an accident enabled legg and shelton to benefit much more of the insurance money. ruling it as a murder little insurance money would have been given out. so now we all can be blamed for jones being sent to prison - afterall who in that town backed him. chicken faced citizens just set back and allowed this to happen. shame on that whole town! what is going on now within the police force the town earned that right. everyone knows that while jones was on the force nothing and i do mean nothing like what is going on ever took place. town deserves what the current police are handing out. before too long it will be a ghost town with only the seniors living there and no businesses. yea the government and its people deserve what is being handed out. you are still chicken faced citizens that still cannot stand up for what is right. you would not defend jones and you won't defend the town now. you all including the government are nothing but a bunch of low-down chicken-faced people. you deserve having a town that will soon close down.
peter fink

Colonial Heights, VA

#119 Feb 27, 2011
Peter Brady wrote:
Hey what about the mad butcher. He cut up alot of people and this one was never solved either.
The "mad Butcher" is a man named Hugh Montgomery. And yes. Same Montgomery's the town is named after. Dude is actually in a Montgomery year book. I have that book. He is or was incarcerated in a mental hospital around Dayton. If you remember Montgomery went missing on a head count at the hospital and alot of rumors flew that he was coming back to Fayette to be a problem again. Wanna say 89. Your best source for info on this is the former sheriff Bill Laird. Bill has many more definite facts concerning Hugh Montgomery. Back in the day it was rumored that the Montgomery's had enough pull to get Hugh in a hospital instead of the death penalty. Yep. WV had the death penalty back then. Melody Bragg, not George is a good source also. She's in Mt Hope.
unknown

Cabin Creek, WV

#120 Mar 2, 2011
Billy Prather murder or suicide what are your thoughts?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gauley Bridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
VHS Sports 14 hr Well 4
jordan burdette Sat nike-pro 1
A game of oxymora words. Sat Nancy 4
Manley dies Sat ohno 2
gloom and doom Dec 19 crazy 4
Jimmy Linkous Dec 19 Agent Angel 6
Agent Angel Dec 18 Agent Angel 1
Gauley Bridge Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Gauley Bridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Gauley Bridge News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Gauley Bridge

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:34 pm PST

NBC Sports11:34PM
Steelers grab playoff spot, showdown up next - NBC Sports
NBC Sports12:17 AM
Broncos visit Bengals as favorites in key playoff tilt - NBC Sports
NBC Sports12:17 AM
Broncos visit Bengals as favorites in key playoff tilt - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Monday Night Football Week 16: TV Schedule, Live Stream for Broncos vs. Bengals
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Preview, Prediction for Bengals vs. Broncos