Etta James remembered as triumphant trailblazer

Jan 29, 2012 Full story: Arab News

GARDENA, California: Rhythm & blues legend Etta James was remembered at a service Saturday attended by hundreds of friends, family and fans as a woman who triumphed against all odds to break down cultural and musical barriers in a style that was unfailingly honest.

Full Story
Traci McBride

Stone Mountain, GA

#1 Jan 29, 2012
Played at my wedding, Etta James' most famous hit, At Last, will be a constant reminder of not only her beautiful, rich voice, but also of one of the best days in my life. At last the wonderful man who found me that is a soldier, protector, lover, friend, dad, and Christian, had come along and married me! Mr. McBride found his bride indeed!

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#2 Jan 29, 2012
What a voice. Haven't heard another like it. And the emotion that rode atop this voice....what a gift.

“"Thinking"”

Since: Sep 11

OZ

#3 Jan 31, 2012
Great woman who has always been there for friends and family during her long and eventful life.

She was the first person by the side of our long time friend Sam Cooke, after he was gunned down in Los Angeles.

When I first met Etta she made me feel as though she and I were life-long friends. I was proud to be able to call her my friend.

I will not forget her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gardena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr WPWW 19,383
Carina Cristiano Returns Home Following Her Fat... 1 hr mr white 2
Long Beach police probe fatal shooting of 18-ye... (Oct '09) 18 hr NoHarmDone 130
Downtown Manhattan Beach 20 hr Bently 4
CSULB holds candlelight vigil to raise awarenes... Thu John 4
Expelled Nazis got millions in Social Security Thu Stryker 2
Predictions of "The Bell Curve" 20 Years Later Thu Historian 4

Gardena News Video

Gardena Dating
Find my Match

Gardena Jobs

Gardena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Gardena News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Gardena