Gallaway Speed Trap

Posted in the Gallaway Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of63
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Tipton county

Cordova, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 10, 2012
 
I see gallaway has a new speed trap.
Wild bill

Cordova, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 10, 2012
 
Watch officer brown/he's a headhunter.
curious?

Lanham, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 10, 2012
 
Wild bill wrote:
Watch officer brown/he's a headhunter.
I thought he transferred to Memphis...if so, bad for them good for G'way!
EASY E

Oakland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 10, 2012
 
hOW CAN THEY SIT IN A NO PARKING ZONE IN FRONT OF MAYOS AND RUN RADAR THAT AINT KOOL
theman

Oakland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Gallaway and Oakland are both speed traps. Oakland has revenue of over 1 million from tickets per year, don't know how much Gallaway collects. Somerville is the only town that does not appear to be a speed trap in the county.
Shooter

Blackwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 11, 2012
 
Both agencies are a joke.
same here!

Lanham, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 12, 2012
 
theman wrote:
Gallaway and Oakland are both speed traps. Oakland has revenue of over 1 million from tickets per year, don't know how much Gallaway collects. Somerville is the only town that does not appear to be a speed trap in the county.
They are also!!! You can speed while you're there, just don't speed THRU!!!!

Since: Jun 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

If you exceed the damn speed limit and get caught, you'll probably get a ticket...that's anywhere in the country. The police don't control your vehicles speed for you. I'm sick of hearing people whining about speed traps...slow down you bunch of inbreds and you won't have to worry about a speeding ticket. It's really that simple...
Shooter

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 13, 2012
 
There's more to policing than scratching out a speeding ticket. If that's all the police are gonna do then the cities can save money by purchasing speed cameras and disbanning actual officers. What about patrolling the neighborhoods or getting out on foot in the shopping centers or just plain ole community policing. You can't earn the publics trust if your only interaction is when you are meeting during a traffic stop. Just saying that there is a need for traffic enforcement but there's more to it than that. Stay safe.
theman

Oakland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 14, 2012
 
Shooter wrote:
There's more to policing than scratching out a speeding ticket. If that's all the police are gonna do then the cities can save money by purchasing speed cameras and disbanning actual officers. What about patrolling the neighborhoods or getting out on foot in the shopping centers or just plain ole community policing. You can't earn the publics trust if your only interaction is when you are meeting during a traffic stop. Just saying that there is a need for traffic enforcement but there's more to it than that. Stay safe.
you are 100% right. Go with the cameras and still raise your revenue since that's what this is all about.

Since: Jun 11

Collierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 14, 2012
 
Cameras can only cite the car owner and not the person actually driving the vehicle, thus, the fine is required to be lower. Police departments around the country write citations for various traffic infractions...this is not isolated to JUST Oakland or Gallaway or wherever...the police departments DO all those other police functions, such as checking doors and patrolling neighborhoods, it's just that you people ONLY see them when they're on traffic stops...it's easy to arm chair police...why don't y'all quit your bitchin and actually obey the damn law...
Shooter

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 14, 2012
 
I am very familiar with the civil citation of a photo enforced traffic violation. I also realize that anyone under 18 years and younger can not be a party to civil litigation. But it boils down to revenue. I can't speak for Galloway (my opinion) but at least in Oakland, community policing is non-existent. Crime prevention through environmental design is also crucial when it comes to suburban growth. Being a LEO now for 20 years I agree that obeying the law is not only our civic responsibility its also biblical. Im not "bitchin" ,but all I see here is speed enforcement and very often perception is reality.
theman

Oakland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 14, 2012
 
they can't do normal police work when they are spending 905 of their time writing tickets. Look at the revenue, they are doing this for the money. It is common in many small towns, easier to write tickets on folks that usually don't live in the town than raise other taxes to support town needs.

Since: Jun 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 15, 2012
 
Lord have mercy....it's like shooting fish in a barrel out there because people continue to speed. So what is the trade off? Allowing people to violate traffic laws just for the sake of rattling doors or being "scene" in neighborhoods?? A 20 year veteran at a large department such as Memphis or Shelby County would know that the type of enforcement is in stark contrast to the type of enforcement in a town the size of Oakland. The Oakland officers don't have 20 or more calls holding when they come on shift, so the focus is a little different. Do you realize how many arrests are made as a result of traffic stops?? You're always going to have a disparity if you're comparing small town PD's to LARGE metropolitan ones...to me it's about deterrence moreso than revenue. Just so you know... The State gets a HUGE chunk of traffic citation fines...it's not like Oakland gets ALL the revenue...I thought I'd educate some of y'all to that fact because it's a common misconception...
retired

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 15, 2012
 
The truth is the city gets most of the money, if i remember correctly. The city sends $2.00 for every ticket written to the state.

Since: Jun 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 15, 2012
 
As I recall, the city gets 10%...
retired

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 16, 2012
 
Carolina Sugar Bud wrote:
As I recall, the city gets 10%...
you may want to double check I did
Justice

Moulton, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 18, 2012
 
You can speed and a ticket but why can't the cops check the city out because of the crimes,no money in it.thats what concerns me.
theman

Oakland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 19, 2012
 
If any of you are seriously defending this because the law should be obeyed u are just not looking at the facts. It is a revenue stream for Oakland, very little has to do with public safety.

The speed limits are set low to increase revenue. Increase revenue, hire more cops, buy more equipment, etc. It never ends.

The paper last week was reporting that Oakland was looking at lowering the speed limit all the way to the county line, but at least the Mayor asked for a state study of what the speed limit should be.

The speed limits are higher on Germantown road which has much more traffic that in our small Fayette county town. Somerville even has 30mph on a section thru there. You can't hardly drive 30 going down hill. this is crazy.

Since: Jun 11

Collierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 19, 2012
 
theman wrote:
If any of you are seriously defending this because the law should be obeyed u are just not looking at the facts. It is a revenue stream for Oakland, very little has to do with public safety.
The speed limits are set low to increase revenue. Increase revenue, hire more cops, buy more equipment, etc. It never ends.
The paper last week was reporting that Oakland was looking at lowering the speed limit all the way to the county line, but at least the Mayor asked for a state study of what the speed limit should be.
The speed limits are higher on Germantown road which has much more traffic that in our small Fayette county town. Somerville even has 30mph on a section thru there. You can't hardly drive 30 going down hill. this is crazy.
It's the little thing next to the accelerator...it's called the brake...YOU control your speed, not the police...you people are hung up on the revenue thing...the speed limit on G'town pkwy is 50 ONLY in the portion of that road that is county...Germantown has a speed limit of 45mph...and also 30mph on G'town pkwy...I don't see any of you retards posting ignorant "speed trap" posts about that city...the portion of hey 64 in Fayette County thats actually county, has a Speed limit of 65mph...so quit your whining about speed limits...it's a fact of life...they're in ever city of ever county of every state...don't want speed limits???, move your ignorant ass to Germany!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of63
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gallaway Discussions

Search the Gallaway Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 1 hr BOiaF 123,932
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 1 hr ahop71 58,242
Looking for family lawyer 11 hr Exhausted 4
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) Sun C Clark 8,463
things to do Fri Manwhore 5
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Apr 18 bob 8,500
New lady Cop Apr 15 surely not 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

Gallaway Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Gallaway People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••