Thanksgiving Dinner at the Macon Co. Jail

Nov 28, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Macon County Times

Cathy's Florist has been family owned and operated for 28 years! We specialize in funeral flowers, weddings and your special everyday needs! Our designers have over 50 years o... Dr.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
inmate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

That's an awesome act of caring and compassion! Sumner Co. Jail and community pastors and clergymen should take notice! The churches overthere espeacily that almighty First (FAKE) Baptist church could learn something about giving from this story. Jesus wouldn't be at that Fake church with a flock of fake keeping up with the jones congregation he would be with the conviicts and drunks drug addicts and street whores trying to save them not the fake who have more than they deserve and appreciate nothing they have!
southernalien

Madison, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 29, 2012
 
Amen
WHAT

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Thanksgiving dinner for inmates ?? Thats BS ! They are in there for a reason !
Wow

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 29, 2012
 
WHAT wrote:
Thanksgiving dinner for inmates ?? Thats BS ! They are in there for a reason !
Most of them are in there over bogus drug policy which should be a public health matter as opposed to a criminal matter. For you to act like they are sub-human says a LOT about you. If you want to starve murderers and rapists, fine, but people for simple drug charges? Just stupid.
inmate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 29, 2012
 
WHAT wrote:
Thanksgiving dinner for inmates ?? Thats BS ! They are in there for a reason !
True!! But jesus loves them just the same! And they are human beings not dogs you self rightous judgemental sinner god even loves you despite your evil thoughts and views!! Why is that so bad if a church reaches out to a jail and provides a dinner? You sound like a nazi hippocrit! High and mighty better than thou! Your just like those hippocrits at gallatin First Baptist church in fact! Your money had nothing to do with it nor your giving heart which you don't have or you wouldn't be such an ass about the subject!
inmate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 29, 2012
 
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of them are in there over bogus drug policy which should be a public health matter as opposed to a criminal matter. For you to act like they are sub-human says a LOT about you. If you want to starve murderers and rapists, fine, but people for simple drug charges? Just stupid.
Starve no one!!! Sin is sin whether it be drugs or murder in the eyes of the lord your as twisted as that person you blast! Jesus saved a murderer on the cross as he hang dieing himself you don't get it either your as bad as that person!
Wow

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 29, 2012
 
Not really. I don't feel much quarter for murderers of human life and murderers of the spirit, I.E. rapists.
inmate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 29, 2012
 
Wow wrote:
Not really. I don't feel much quarter for murderers of human life and murderers of the spirit, I.E. rapists.
your just a sinner its understandable like myself! But.... Your no better is the point the sin doesn't matter your going by mans law. God doesn't want anyone to murder or do drugs as you say for that matter self destruction is as bad as reaching out to another in violence you still don't get it
Just sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

And the King shall answer and say to them, Truly I say to you, Inasmuch as you have done it to one of the least of these my brothers, you have done it to me.
Matthew 25:40
inmate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 1, 2012
 
Just sayin wrote:
And the King shall answer and say to them, Truly I say to you, Inasmuch as you have done it to one of the least of these my brothers, you have done it to me.
Matthew 25:40
AMEN......why are gods children so cruel to one amother? Its in mans nature to be a sinner and turn to the devil and his ways its not in them to forgive as jesus would want us too
concerned

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 2, 2012
 
I think it is just great that they had a thanks giving dinner at the jail . It's what more churches and christains should do, is reach out to the ones in need .The ones that are hurting wanting help really bad for their addiction, they truly dont want to be that way ,so churches and christains go ahead and help those in need help them find comfort and a way to get on the right road thats what churches and christains are for to help bring in the lost comdeem thee no more; help and pray.God Bless You
inmate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 3, 2012
 
concerned wrote:
I think it is just great that they had a thanks giving dinner at the jail . It's what more churches and christains should do, is reach out to the ones in need .The ones that are hurting wanting help really bad for their addiction, they truly dont want to be that way ,so churches and christains go ahead and help those in need help them find comfort and a way to get on the right road thats what churches and christains are for to help bring in the lost comdeem thee no more; help and pray.God Bless You
AMEN!!!!
Imate relative ONCE

Lafayette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 3, 2012
 
You go Frist Baptist Church GOD is smiling down you:)We are all sinners, and one sin is no bigger than the next sin. We all fall short of the golory of God everyday. For this reason when I lay down at nite, before going to sleep I ask to forgive of my sins The ones I know about and the ones I don't know about. That way I have ask for all my sins. For the selfish person who thinks all imates prisoners should go hungry, well I will be praying for you. You need it worst than the imates prisoners ect. do
No way

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 3, 2012
 
I wouldn't feed these convicts anything different just because its Thanksgiving or Christmas ! They are in jail for a reason, my nephew is in there and that still doesn't change my opinion. When you commit crimes your rights as a citizen are taken from you. Human rights are given with food ,water and shelter anything other than that is to much !
Knowing

Lafayette, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 3, 2012
 
Back to noway if I were you I would get down on my knees and ask GOD to give me a heart thats human and ask GOD to take that heart of stone out of your chest. I feel sorry for people like you. I pray that GOD blesses you with heart. You need one big time. Oh and remember Karma is a very bad bite in the but.
inmate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

No way wrote:
I wouldn't feed these convicts anything different just because its Thanksgiving or Christmas ! They are in jail for a reason, my nephew is in there and that still doesn't change my opinion. When you commit crimes your rights as a citizen are taken from you. Human rights are given with food ,water and shelter anything other than that is to much !
I would bet that if you were where your nephew is you would have a different view on this subject. We are all one step one bad decesion one wrong move from jail and in some cases you could be inocent and be there so think about o self rightous one!
inmate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Imate relative ONCE wrote:
You go Frist Baptist Church GOD is smiling down you:)We are all sinners, and one sin is no bigger than the next sin. We all fall short of the golory of God everyday. For this reason when I lay down at nite, before going to sleep I ask to forgive of my sins The ones I know about and the ones I don't know about. That way I have ask for all my sins. For the selfish person who thinks all imates prisoners should go hungry, well I will be praying for you. You need it worst than the imates prisoners ect. do
Yeah you go first fake go brag about what you have on sundays that is a house of hipocrits not a house of the lord! That congregation is a bunch of spiritual losers but success to them is in a dollar sign or a new car or house how many meals how many jails have you visited you give your money to some overseas country when you could help those here
convict

Cottontown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 4, 2012
 
How hard is it to live outside of a cage? Treat people as you want to be treated and you will get by just fine. If you lying and cheating people in the name of GOD, you should have a special seat in Hell.
inmate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 4, 2012
 
convict wrote:
How hard is it to live outside of a cage? Treat people as you want to be treated and you will get by just fine. If you lying and cheating people in the name of GOD, you should have a special seat in Hell.
once again another self rightous know it all who thinks nothing can happen to him he does no wrong! You don't get it either but you like the others think you really got it figured out!
HaHa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Jail is punishment period.
Inmates shouldn't get special privileges because of holidays.
How many people have you heard of dying from starvation in jail?
When your incarcerated you lose your freedom as well as freedom of choice for your nourishment .
Let them be punished so maybe they will learn to not be repeat offenders!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gallatin Discussions

Search the Gallatin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 3 min Julia 123,559
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 14 min Yes 8,502
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 31 min so cruel 58,312
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 32 min Rudger 8,458
attorney to fight dcs (Sep '11) 8 hr karma 5
Mysterious beast sighting 8 hr Anonymous 117
New construction 14 hr New construction 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Gallatin Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Gallatin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••