wet squirrel

Selinsgrove, PA

#24021 May 27, 2012
im voting all kernal all the time. thats the way it should be.
Laura Bush

West Mifflin, PA

#24022 May 27, 2012
Jeff Phillips wrote:
<quoted text>
•John Quincy Adams who lost by 44,804 votes to Andrew Jackson in 1824. This election was decided by the House of Representatives who had the majority party that supported Adams.
•Rutherford B. Hayes who lost by 264,292 votes to Samuel J. Tilden in 1876
•Benjamin Harrison who lost by 95,713 votes to Grover Cleveland in 1888
But what about Bubba Clinton? He never got 50% of the vote in either election but won the electoral College.(43% of the vote in 92 and 49% of the vote in 96) Both times a majority of the voters did not select him. Without the Electoral College would he have been a "legitimate" president?
Same goes for Al gore he won the popular vote,we got stuck with the dumbest President ever in G Worst Bush.
Laura Bush

West Mifflin, PA

#24023 May 27, 2012
boxhard wrote:
LQQK HERE
..!..
shove that up your moms azzhole dork
HAAAAAAA!
i laugh in your face
Mitt Robme

West Mifflin, PA

#24024 May 27, 2012
How is Robme getting to get 270 votes?
Where are all the right wingnuts at???
Cant spin the truth!!! HOW? HOW? HOW?
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
GO OBAMA!!!!
FOUR MORE YEARS!!!!!!
YEAH BABYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! !!!!

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#24026 May 27, 2012
xfactor wrote:
<quoted text>
What don't you understand:
'The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.'
That's the wording you are allowed to see now. The original document (located in the cellar without a light or stairs, in a locked filing cabinet with sign saying "Beware the Leopard") had an asterisk.

Here's the full Constitution's 4th amendment:

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.*"

* Not valid in states where prohibited. Not valid in airport security areas. Not valid during no-knock warrants issued to the wrong address. Not valid in Arizona. Not valid during a routine traffic stop and the drug dogs trained to alert on command is probable cause. Not valid Driving while Black in a white neighborhood. Not valid within 20 miles of a Planned Parenthood office. Not valid if you are a CEO as there is no probable cause whatsoever. Not valid if you exercise any other amendment such as, but not limited to, freedom of assembly, freedom of speech, freedom of religion. Not valid to non-citizens even though Constitutional protections extend to them in US jurisdiction. Not valid to anyone declared an "enemy combatant." Not valid to those who petition their representative without a campaign contribution. Not valid to women, slaves, nor non-land holding white males. Not valid to any law enforcement officers as they are exempt from the law. Not valid in any state that has an vowel in its name.

Nehwon

#24027 May 27, 2012
Melissa Kirst wrote:
Ron Paul will get the GOP nomination in Tampa. If you care to know what I think. RNC Rule 38.
I find it amusing that Ron Paul sounds like the voice of reason in the GOP.

Nehwon

#24028 May 27, 2012
Jeff Phillips wrote:
<quoted text>
•John Quincy Adams who lost by 44,804 votes to Andrew Jackson in 1824. This election was decided by the House of Representatives who had the majority party that supported Adams.
•Rutherford B. Hayes who lost by 264,292 votes to Samuel J. Tilden in 1876
•Benjamin Harrison who lost by 95,713 votes to Grover Cleveland in 1888
But what about Bubba Clinton? He never got 50% of the vote in either election but won the electoral College.(43% of the vote in 92 and 49% of the vote in 96) Both times a majority of the voters did not select him. Without the Electoral College would he have been a "legitimate" president?
Strict majority rules has been shown to be a bad way to go. Look up tyranny of the majority.

One way I could see fixing the winner takes all electoral college is to allow weighted voting on the President. Have x number of candidates on the ballot (for example, let's go with 5).

Your first choice would get 5 points, second choice gets 4 points, 3rd choice gets 3 points and so on. Whoever gets the most points in a state wins the state and their electoral votes.

Now this is a bad thing for those who are trying to buy their government - where do you spend your dollars now to ensure favorable legislation?

Much easier to choose between two.

And the funny thing might be whoever runs under a wildly crazy party might end up President as more people chose them as their 2nd or 3rd choice.

Mittrack Obamney

Wellsboro, PA

#24029 May 27, 2012
I love it we my minions fight over me. They are so cute.

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#24030 May 27, 2012
Laura Bush wrote:
<quoted text>Same goes for Al gore he won the popular vote,we got stuck with the dumbest President ever in G Worst Bush.
LMAO!

Proven AGAIN the dumbest poster next to dantheman!

LMAO!

By did you get outed AGAIN!

LMAO!
Yeah

Bronx, NY

#24031 May 27, 2012
Who cares
Rollout

West Mifflin, PA

#24032 May 28, 2012
You have to excuse rollout, he like rich white guys and hates gays, blacks,a womans right to her own body,and probably hates his owm mom,but we try to entertain the retards in here cause they have no clue.
They arent playing with a full deck.
The lights on but no one is home.
The elevator doesnt go to the top floor.
They are one french fry short of a happy meal.
They think Johnny Cash is a paid toilet.

HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
TaxNoMore

Trabuco Canyon, CA

#24034 May 28, 2012
Rollout wrote:
You have to excuse rollout, he like rich white guys and hates gays, blacks,a womans right to her own body,and probably hates his owm mom,but we try to entertain the retards in here cause they have no clue.
They arent playing with a full deck.
The lights on but no one is home.
The elevator doesnt go to the top floor.
They are one french fry short of a happy meal.
They think Johnny Cash is a paid toilet.
HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

we try to entertain the retards in here cause they have no clue.

The food stamp program, part of the Department of Agriculture, is

“ pleased to be distributing the greatest amount of food stamps ever”.

Meanwhile, the Park Service, also part of the Department of Agriculture, asks us to

"please do not feed the animals,"

because the animals may grow dependent and not learn how to take care of themselves.
iggi

Carlisle, PA

#24035 May 28, 2012
Romney has a 24 point lead with veterans, according to Gallup.

Romney 58%
Obama 34 %

I seem to remember a poster made the comment that Obama was leading with veterans. Either that poster was lying or misinformed.

Gallup has publicly stated that Obama now has a higher chance of losing rather than winning.

By May, Gallup gave Jimmy Carter a lead over Reagan of 49 to 41, higher than Obama today.

Carter suffered a landslide defeat.

It looks like Obama will be the Jimmy Carter of 2012.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#24036 May 28, 2012
iggi wrote:
Romney 58%
Obama 34 %
I seem to remember a poster made the comment that Obama was leading with veterans. Either that poster was lying or misinformed.
Gallup has publicly stated that Obama now has a higher chance of losing rather than winning.
By May, Gallup gave Jimmy Carter a lead over Reagan of 49 to 41, higher than Obama today.
There's a third possibility: two different polls showed two different results.

Two weeks ago a Reuters/Ipsos poll showed that by 44 to 37, veterans and their families favored Obama over Romney.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/14/us-...

So now another poll says something different. That hardly makes me lying OR misinformed, does it?
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#24037 May 28, 2012
iggi wrote:
Romney 58%
Obama 34 %
But rather than making predictions based on polls from 32 YEARS AGO(!), how about naming the states that will give Romney 270 electoral votes.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2012/romn...

You do know that electoral votes are how Presidents win, right?
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#24038 May 28, 2012
Melissa Kirst wrote:
Ron Paul will get the GOP nomination in Tampa. If you care to know what I think. RNC Rule 38.
Bless your little heart! You probably actually believe that, don't you? LOL!

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#24039 May 28, 2012
iggi wrote:
And in 1992 GHWB was riding an 80% approval rating. He seemed unstoppable. And again, we all know what happened to him.

What happened to both Carter and Bush was the same thing. The ECONOMY. And unless this current economy turns around a LOT, Mr Obama may suffer those same consequences. He will be fired.

He spent all his capital in his first two years not by growing the economy so jobs could be created, but rather by pushing through a health insurance plan the country did not want. Remember, it passed the House by only 5 votes. And 62 Democrats who voted for it were fired in 2010.

Everybody can claim this poll, that poll, but the American people will vote with their wallets, as they do every time.
iggi

Carlisle, PA

#24040 May 28, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a third possibility: two different polls showed two different results.
Two weeks ago a Reuters/Ipsos poll showed that by 44 to 37, veterans and their families favored Obama over Romney.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/14/us-...
So now another poll says something different. That hardly makes me lying OR misinformed, does it?
Historically the military has always supported the GOP.

Polls will change for the coming months. What can't be disputed is that Obama is not doing that well for an incumbent.

Were you the one that mentioned the poll several weeks ago? I didn't remember who it was.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#24041 May 28, 2012
iggi wrote:
<quoted text>Historically the military has always supported the GOP.
I know that's true. So when a poll of a Republican-leaning group shows that they're leaning toward the Democrat, that's a significant finding, isn't it?

But when a poll of a Republican-leaning group shows that they're leaning toward the Republican, it's hardly something to crow about.

And, yeah it was me that posted the Reuters poll. Questioning whether "a poster" was lying when Reuters/Ipsos had a poll result seems a little silly, doesn't it?
iggi

Carlisle, PA

#24042 May 28, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
But rather than making predictions based on polls from 32 YEARS AGO(!), how about naming the states that will give Romney 270 electoral votes.
http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2012/romn...
You do know that electoral votes are how Presidents win, right?
Many are now saying Romney can win. There is a good article by Thomas Beaumont of the Associated Press..." Warning signs for Obama on path to electotal map", posted 5/28/12.

There was another article I read that gave breakdowns on how Romney could win. They are slowly starting to happen. Looks like Wisconsin will go Romney, as will Florida, and so forth.

Another one by Tim Stanley of The Telegraph..."But in the last two weeks,things have chsnged. Obama's reelection is no longer guaranteed; some pollsters think it is unlikely. Day by day,the odds are improving that Romney will be the next President of the United States."

I also hear many people that voted for Obama in 2008 are now saying they won't vote for him again.

As far as the Hispanic vote going for Obama.. most of those states are for Obama anyhow, so it really doesn't matter.

Obama doesn't drwa the crowds like he did in 2008, he is met with protesters, he has become an aging rock star that no one wants to see anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Freeland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bored 16 hr Hazzy guy 1
Three Hazleton police officers cleared Sun gone from hazy 2
Review: Xtasy Hookah Lounge Sun gone from hazy 2
Dog Rapist of 7th and Harrison Streets Sun gone from hazy 12
Northeast Counseling Stories (Mar '13) Nov 22 Zook is a Puke 197
Slimmer in the News Nov 21 eff Hazleton 10
Masonic Temple Hookers Nov 19 White Trash Junkie 18

Winter Storm Warning for Luzerne County was issued at November 25 at 8:47PM EST

Freeland Dating
Find my Match

Freeland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Freeland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Freeland

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:13 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:13PM
Do Cowboys or Eagles Have the Edge in NFC East?
NBC Sports 4:35 PM
Cowboys' Murray no surprise to rushing champ McCoy - NBC Sports
Yahoo! Sports 4:48 PM
Playoff contenders feature in US Thanksgiving games
Bleacher Report 7:31 PM
Why Steelers Must Lean on Bell to Make Playoffs
Bleacher Report 8:07 PM
Complete Preview for Eagles vs. Cowboys