First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wtf

Riverton, KS

#1 May 14, 2012
why is that i cant cant bring my commerical truck bobtail to the house the city told me that must leave it at the truck stop but harlan trucking parks his in the back yard beside his garage next to down town whos ass did he kiss

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2 May 14, 2012
Why would he have too? He's a city commissioner. He doesn't have to follow the same rules as you.
miss enformed

Fredonia, KS

#3 May 14, 2012
this town makes up its own rules as they go along ,i feel like if you pay taxes to keep up the roads in this town then you should be able to park your rig at your house as long as its not blocking anything. What does it hurt ? Nothing its all a power trip !
theyre bluffing

Jefferson City, MO

#4 May 15, 2012
miss enformed wrote:
this town makes up its own rules as they go along ,i feel like if you pay taxes to keep up the roads in this town then you should be able to park your rig at your house as long as its not blocking anything. What does it hurt ? Nothing its all a power trip !
If you can pull it all the way in your yard and off the street I don't think they can say anything about parking your own stuff in your own yard can they ? There are Bus size RV's parked all over town, off the street of course.
wtf

Riverton, KS

#5 May 15, 2012
theyre bluffing my truck was off the street and side walk and i was told to move it or i wood be ticked that rule dont work anymore
I agree

Jefferson City, MO

#6 May 15, 2012
wtf wrote:
theyre bluffing my truck was off the street and side walk and i was told to move it or i wood be ticked that rule dont work anymore
That is prejudice. I don't see how they can do that. I would call city hall and find out. Then Harlan needs a ticket for parking his in town. It has the same amount of axles as a semi. Private property is none of their business if you aren't causing problems. This is bullshat. They should go after real criminals not hard working people. What is this RUSSIA !
Mee

Junction City, KS

#7 May 15, 2012
I don't think it is right that just because Harlan is a commissioner he gets whatever he wants. The reason he can park his truck at his house is because it is zoned Commercial for the area it is in, not residential. Although it is at his residence.....just another way to screw with everyone else.
hehehe

Junction City, KS

#8 May 16, 2012
park your rig at his house in the parking lot across his driveway and see if that doesn't help with their rule of commercial zoned area. I bet they would balk at that too! Damn shame that some things are ok for one but not all. this reason and others are part of why I am moving out this summer. this town is dirty business at the administration level such as water hikes, grass height and blowing it in the street a big no-no! And this list goes on of control. Don't get me wrong, I realize that we need some limits but not to the extreme this town has it. Besides, the town is losing lots of people and houses are for sale in abundance.
wtf

Riverton, KS

#9 May 16, 2012
and they have no more money

Location hidden

#10 May 16, 2012
I was told that an officer was going to write Harlan a ticket because he is breaking an ordnance and that officer was advised that it wouldn't be in his best interest to write that ticket.
what

Jefferson City, MO

#11 May 16, 2012
Rorschach 22 wrote:
I was told that an officer was going to write Harlan a ticket because he is breaking an ordnance and that officer was advised that it wouldn't be in his best interest to write that ticket.
If the officer didn't write the ticket because Harlan threatened him. The officer has no "BALLS" ! Whats Harlan going to do ? Fire him ?
what

Jefferson City, MO

#12 May 16, 2012
Rorschach 22 wrote:
Isn't that extortion ? A felony ?

Location hidden

#13 May 16, 2012
I wish I could say Harlan threatened him but the way I take it he brought it up with a superior and that's who warned him.
typical

Jefferson City, MO

#14 May 16, 2012
Rorschach 22 wrote:
I wish I could say Harlan threatened him but the way I take it he brought it up with a superior and that's who warned him.
His superior would be... the mayor ?
wtf

Riverton, KS

#15 May 16, 2012
harlan is a piece of shit that thinks everyone alse should follow the rules but him the sign sayes no trucks what part of that is hard to understand
buy permit to park

Warrensburg, MO

#16 May 25, 2012
The City Code states that it should be unlawful to park any motor vehicle with a chassis larger than one ton or any semitrailer on the public street or within a residential zoned neighborhood. However, the Commission last year amended the Code to allow an owner/operator to park their truck tractor on their property (excluding the front yard) once they have obtained a permit. - buy you a permit, then you can park in town
wtf

Riverton, KS

#17 May 25, 2012
someone needs to tell the worthless cops that little fact i was told i cant park my truck at my house again the piece of shit pigs make their own rules as they go
over yur head nvr mind

Warrensburg, MO

#18 May 25, 2012
wtf wrote:
someone needs to tell the worthless cops that little fact i was told i cant park my truck at my house again the piece of shit pigs make their own rules as they go
It helps also to read the "rules" once in a while..... that way you can argue without sounding so dim.
wtf

Riverton, KS

#19 May 26, 2012
the cops have told you to remove your truck from your drive way or not because they told me bank on that
do some research

Fredonia, KS

#20 May 29, 2012
Maybe you missed the comment above that said Harlan's property is zoned Commercial, so it actually IS lawful for him to park there. If you want to move into a commercially-zoned area, then you too could park at your home, too. It's a loophole people. They can't write a ticket if he isn't doing anything illegal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fredonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fredonia Judges 9 hr settle down barne... 4
Wilson County Holdings (Apr '13) Mon build that berm ... 201
Kelly mckenna Lacks knowhow (Nov '12) Sun dont get caught s... 18
Ebola foolery very serious Sun it happens 1
Destiny Gottfried Oct 18 wrc 3
Rankin law crapper Oct 10 car 54 1
Wilson County Attorney Sep 21 Oliver Holmes 9

Fredonia News Video

Fredonia Dating
Find my Match