Accident closes U.S. 36; claims life

Feb 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Mount Vernon News

The Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal traffic accident that claimed the life of 24-year-old Sharyn Fain of Centerburg on Thursday afternoon at 2:20. According to the OSHP, a silver 2002 Pontiac Grand Am was traveling east on U.S. 36 just west of Bangs, illegally passed a 1998 Jaguar XJ-8 in a no-passing zone.

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Tuesday Jul 22
pkmtundra

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Judged:

Caleb Lang should be charged with murder.
cburg

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

Oh, he is going to see that happen. He WAS driving that car, Sharyn would NEVER do anything that!

RIP Sharyn

We will all watch over your babies!
C in Mtv

Bellville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2010

Judged:

cburg: Are kidding me? She was charged with failure to maintain reasonable control and going 68 in a 55 just this December. I think it is very possible that she did make a seriously stupid driving mistake. Also the OSHP have NOT determined who was driving.

pkmtundra: Calib is also in a lot of emotional pain right now to see his FRIEND lose a limb and later die. How dare you believe he should be charged with MURDER. Murder is killing with intent.
MtvJeeper

Bellville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2010

Why do people always want to blame the survivors? Only Sharyn and Calib know who was driving.
Steven Mead

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2010

Judged:

C in Mtv wrote:
cburg: Are kidding me? She was charged with failure to maintain reasonable control and going 68 in a 55 just this December. I think it is very possible that she did make a seriously stupid driving mistake. Also the OSHP have NOT determined who was driving.
pkmtundra: Calib is also in a lot of emotional pain right now to see his FRIEND lose a limb and later die. How dare you believe he should be charged with MURDER. Murder is killing with intent.
It is called vehicular homicide. Did he break the law? Was he speeding ? When you are driving a car, you are responsible for the lives of the people in your car and for the ones that you hit with your vehicle, He must be held accountable.
Hatersgetthefact sstraight

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2010

Judged:

I know for a fact that Caleb wasn't driving the car. I also know that the driver was on drugs and drunk at the time. I rest my case people.
pkmtundra

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2010

Judged:

Sorry Hatersgetthefactsstraight. The investigation determined that Lang was the driver.
C in Mtv

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2010

Judged:

Well they did a bad job investigating, Lang does not drive. At all.

Steven Meade, I believe I stated that "it is very possible that SHE did make a seriously stupid driving mistake." I know it had to have been her driving.
Cburg

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

Judged:

Well, Caleb plead guilty today to killing Sharyn and is spending his first night of many where he will have plenty of time to think about his 'emotional pain to see his FRIEND lose a limb and later die.' Poor Caleb. He should also take a few moments to think of the emotional pain her two small children are going through not having a mother, the emotional pain her mother is going through having her daughter killed in a drunkin joy ride. She was no saint but she sure in the hell didn't deserve to die.
C in Mtv

Bucyrus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2011

Judged:

Well a lot has happened over the past year. He lied to his friends and family about this. Actually he has lied about a lot of things. I agree he needs to spend a long time in jail. Maybe he'll get his act together for once.

So I was wrong.
flossy2

Georgetown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

Judged:

It was a very sad thing that happend.We heard the crash as my husband flew out the door we heard lang yelling for help.MY husband stayed with her and coverd her up as it was still cold.He talked to her till she was almost gone.We will never forget that horrid day that this young lady lost her life.And if you were there youd know he was driving .may the child rest in peace.
cburg

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

Thank you, flossy2. I drive by there almost daily and always think of her. I see the houses nearby and wonder which ones came out to be with her during her last moments and it gives us peace to know she wasn't alone.
pkmtundra

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

I was so surprised to receive notice of a post a year+ later. Thank you for this information, Thank You to your husband for his kindness. Blessings to both of you.
flossy2 wrote:
It was a very sad thing that happend.We heard the crash as my husband flew out the door we heard lang yelling for help.MY husband stayed with her and coverd her up as it was still cold.He talked to her till she was almost gone.We will never forget that horrid day that this young lady lost her life.And if you were there youd know he was driving .may the child rest in peace.
flossy2

Georgetown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2012

Judged:

Be at peace and rest with what i tell you.She was not in any pain,she was more in shock and tried to just get up.My husband layed her back down and held her head up some.He kept telling her shed be ok but she acted like she was passing and didnt know what was going on.She was peaceful trust me.There was no fear nor did she even realize she was in an accident.I was the one who called for a squad but we knew she needed someone with her at all times more than anything.The idot who we know was driving really didnt do anything but yelled and paced.Im no detective but Ill say this much theres no possible way she was driving none!I wont go into details other than the way the car flipped and her injuries where they were clearly proves she was the passenger.Since then i couldnt drive and i wanted off that road so weve moved a couple hours away.We didnt know her but yet somehow shes still a part of our lifes.God bless her and everyone she left behind.Be at peace and rest knowing she was very peaceful and calm threw it all,she didnt talk other than saying she was in Centerburg.
facts of life

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jul 21

Did you know there were 2 people that were injured in the Jaguar they were passing too? Although it has been years they still live with the trauma and pain also! I just wish some people would be more responsible!
Cburg

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jul 22

I did know about the two in the Jag, I believe one was a child. I have never known the extent of their injuries but they have always been in my thoughts and prayer. I am sorry that you still hurt, I know it has to be hard to remember without sadness.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fredericktown Discussions

Search the Fredericktown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Reality Speaks 30,164
A great experiance at an auto body shop (Mar '08) Aug 13 Eugene Dean 3
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug 2 gary 2,230
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 23 They cannot kill ... 231
Help Jul '14 KoopaTroopa1 2
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Bobby Nye 178
Drug Use in Centerburg Jun '14 Concerned 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fredericktown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fredericktown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE