Accident closes U.S. 36; claims life

Feb 5, 2010 Full story: Mount Vernon News 16

The Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal traffic accident that claimed the life of 24-year-old Sharyn Fain of Centerburg on Thursday afternoon at 2:20. According to the OSHP, a silver 2002 Pontiac Grand Am was traveling east on U.S. 36 just west of Bangs, illegally passed a 1998 Jaguar XJ-8 in a no-passing zone.

Full Story
pkmtundra

Columbus, OH

#1 Feb 9, 2010
Caleb Lang should be charged with murder.
cburg

Bellefontaine, OH

#2 Feb 12, 2010
Oh, he is going to see that happen. He WAS driving that car, Sharyn would NEVER do anything that!

RIP Sharyn

We will all watch over your babies!
C in Mtv

Bellville, OH

#3 Feb 15, 2010
cburg: Are kidding me? She was charged with failure to maintain reasonable control and going 68 in a 55 just this December. I think it is very possible that she did make a seriously stupid driving mistake. Also the OSHP have NOT determined who was driving.

pkmtundra: Calib is also in a lot of emotional pain right now to see his FRIEND lose a limb and later die. How dare you believe he should be charged with MURDER. Murder is killing with intent.
MtvJeeper

Bellville, OH

#4 Feb 15, 2010
Why do people always want to blame the survivors? Only Sharyn and Calib know who was driving.
Steven Mead

Columbus, OH

#5 Mar 13, 2010
C in Mtv wrote:
cburg: Are kidding me? She was charged with failure to maintain reasonable control and going 68 in a 55 just this December. I think it is very possible that she did make a seriously stupid driving mistake. Also the OSHP have NOT determined who was driving.
pkmtundra: Calib is also in a lot of emotional pain right now to see his FRIEND lose a limb and later die. How dare you believe he should be charged with MURDER. Murder is killing with intent.
It is called vehicular homicide. Did he break the law? Was he speeding ? When you are driving a car, you are responsible for the lives of the people in your car and for the ones that you hit with your vehicle, He must be held accountable.
Hatersgetthefact sstraight

Mansfield, OH

#6 Mar 13, 2010
I know for a fact that Caleb wasn't driving the car. I also know that the driver was on drugs and drunk at the time. I rest my case people.
pkmtundra

Hilliard, OH

#7 Mar 13, 2010
Sorry Hatersgetthefactsstraight. The investigation determined that Lang was the driver.
C in Mtv

Mount Vernon, OH

#8 Mar 20, 2010
Well they did a bad job investigating, Lang does not drive. At all.

Steven Meade, I believe I stated that "it is very possible that SHE did make a seriously stupid driving mistake." I know it had to have been her driving.
Cburg

Bellefontaine, OH

#9 May 20, 2011
Well, Caleb plead guilty today to killing Sharyn and is spending his first night of many where he will have plenty of time to think about his 'emotional pain to see his FRIEND lose a limb and later die.' Poor Caleb. He should also take a few moments to think of the emotional pain her two small children are going through not having a mother, the emotional pain her mother is going through having her daughter killed in a drunkin joy ride. She was no saint but she sure in the hell didn't deserve to die.
C in Mtv

Bucyrus, OH

#10 May 22, 2011
Well a lot has happened over the past year. He lied to his friends and family about this. Actually he has lied about a lot of things. I agree he needs to spend a long time in jail. Maybe he'll get his act together for once.

So I was wrong.
flossy2

Georgetown, OH

#11 Apr 19, 2012
It was a very sad thing that happend.We heard the crash as my husband flew out the door we heard lang yelling for help.MY husband stayed with her and coverd her up as it was still cold.He talked to her till she was almost gone.We will never forget that horrid day that this young lady lost her life.And if you were there youd know he was driving .may the child rest in peace.
cburg

Bellefontaine, OH

#12 Apr 20, 2012
Thank you, flossy2. I drive by there almost daily and always think of her. I see the houses nearby and wonder which ones came out to be with her during her last moments and it gives us peace to know she wasn't alone.
pkmtundra

Mansfield, OH

#13 Apr 20, 2012
I was so surprised to receive notice of a post a year+ later. Thank you for this information, Thank You to your husband for his kindness. Blessings to both of you.
flossy2 wrote:
It was a very sad thing that happend.We heard the crash as my husband flew out the door we heard lang yelling for help.MY husband stayed with her and coverd her up as it was still cold.He talked to her till she was almost gone.We will never forget that horrid day that this young lady lost her life.And if you were there youd know he was driving .may the child rest in peace.
flossy2

Georgetown, OH

#14 May 1, 2012
Be at peace and rest with what i tell you.She was not in any pain,she was more in shock and tried to just get up.My husband layed her back down and held her head up some.He kept telling her shed be ok but she acted like she was passing and didnt know what was going on.She was peaceful trust me.There was no fear nor did she even realize she was in an accident.I was the one who called for a squad but we knew she needed someone with her at all times more than anything.The idot who we know was driving really didnt do anything but yelled and paced.Im no detective but Ill say this much theres no possible way she was driving none!I wont go into details other than the way the car flipped and her injuries where they were clearly proves she was the passenger.Since then i couldnt drive and i wanted off that road so weve moved a couple hours away.We didnt know her but yet somehow shes still a part of our lifes.God bless her and everyone she left behind.Be at peace and rest knowing she was very peaceful and calm threw it all,she didnt talk other than saying she was in Centerburg.
facts of life

Mount Vernon, OH

#15 Jul 21, 2014
Did you know there were 2 people that were injured in the Jaguar they were passing too? Although it has been years they still live with the trauma and pain also! I just wish some people would be more responsible!
Cburg

Mount Vernon, OH

#16 Jul 22, 2014
I did know about the two in the Jag, I believe one was a child. I have never known the extent of their injuries but they have always been in my thoughts and prayer. I am sorry that you still hurt, I know it has to be hard to remember without sadness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fredericktown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carrie weikel Nov '14 pantieweter 1
Trista Speer Nov '14 i know all that y... 2
A great experiance at an auto body shop (Mar '08) Oct '14 Jerry Boggs 5
Jim Stoyle Allegations? Oct '14 wonderingmind 1
EX FF Snelling Sep '14 just a person around 1
Ex-Snelling Sep '14 just a person around 1
Help Jul '14 KoopaTroopa1 2
Fredericktown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Fredericktown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fredericktown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fredericktown

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:46 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:46PM
Mike Pettine: Our first-round picks aren't busts
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"
NFL 7:11 AM
Mike Pettine: Browns won't write off Manziel, Gilbert
Bleacher Report10:17 AM
Complete Week 17 Preview for Baltimore