United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2012

Judged:

We need new blood in the 198th, which is the most corrupt judical district in Texas.
rastafarianvibra tion

Lexington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2012

Judged:

I agree. Scott Monroe is part of the hometown boys who let the corruption go on for so long, and he trained under Ron Sutton. McCullough has worked for Amos Barton for 3 years, but, he is new to Kerrville and not part of the establishment, who are doing everything they can to beat him. There's a reason the whole kerrville criminal defense bar is behind Monroe, and until he decided to run for DA he was partnered with Harold Danford, the biggest DWI lawyer in the area.
BBBattle

Columbus, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2012

Judged:

Brad came here to work for the Salvation Army and to help facilitate the Kroc Center project Was paid a hefty sum by the Sal Arm, and was provided moving expenses, etc. Then in about 6 months, he seemed to dis-appear, and returned to quit the Army and find an appointment with the 198th. None of that standing alone is bad, but working for Amos? You know what they say: "the crap doesn't fall far from the fart".
OutofThere

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

What happened today in court is now a pattern for Brad. First the Mississippi case, then getting a case in junction tossed and now this in the murder trial today.
Prosecutorial misconduct is a symptom of him being dishonost (in the MS case), and quite frankly, a horrible attorney (the 2 cases in the 198th that have now been tossed). The establishment knows Scott Monroe is a decent man and a good attorney. Why anyone would vote for this clown is beyond me.
rastaman

Lexington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

OutofThere wrote:
What happened today in court is now a pattern for Brad. First the Mississippi case, then getting a case in junction tossed and now this in the murder trial today.
Prosecutorial misconduct is a symptom of him being dishonost (in the MS case), and quite frankly, a horrible attorney (the 2 cases in the 198th that have now been tossed). The establishment knows Scott Monroe is a decent man and a good attorney. Why anyone would vote for this clown is beyond me.
What happened today was Kerr Co. politics at its worst. Scott Monroe and the lawyers supporting him were sitting behind the defense table, like they already knew what the judge was going to do. After the mistrial they were out in the lobby high-fiving. What does it say when a candidate for DA is cheering for a murderer who slit his girlfriend's throat? They'd let a killer walk to win an election?
Dot

Ingram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2012

Honestly, I'm a little ignorant of both candidates. I really only know what I read on here and in the news. I don't think that McCullough or Monroe are bad people with intentions of being corrupt. Both have worked for the 198th, so they both have some experience as prosecutors. I know, I know Monroe worked under Ron Sutton. I don't believe that makes him corrupt. I don't believe that Monroe is corrupt simply because he worked under Sutton. Sutton got in trouble because he was unfamiliar about how to used seizure funds. Under the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure Art. 59.06. DISPOSITION OF FORFEITED PROPERTY- Seizure funds must be used for law enforcement purposes or official purposes of the attorney representing the state. Although the statute goes into more details, and limits what the state attorney can't use them for. Sutton used some of the money for training purposes, which is ok for the law enforcement side but not for the attorneys. I'm not saying that what Sutton did was ok. He just should have read through that statute a little better. When it comes to political office there is always going to be someone who is unhappy with the person in that political office. Also the murderer is not going to walk, they are only changing where the trail is going to be held and a change of the jury. The only way he will walk is if he is found not guilty. You could have countless mistrials/hung jury's and the prosecutors can continue to take the case to court. Double jeopardy only comes into question when a person has already been found not guilty.
rastaman

Lexington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Judged:

roberts150 - have you considered that this time the mistrial was politically motivated?
Wilson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Judged:

You need to get the FACTS and then ask if it was politically motivated. I think not.
Dot

Ingram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Judged:

Roberts150 wrote:
It's complete ignorance to say that a person is corrupt because they worked with or under a "corrupt" person. That's the equivalence of saying the Penn State coaching staff is corrupt because Sanduski molested children. Like somehow everyone involved is guilty. You have zero facts against Scott Monroe and why he wouldn't be the best candidate. However, Brad has had a total of 3 Prosecutorial miscoduct or mistrials. 3 is a pattern not a coincidence. The facts speak for themselves. You can say all you want about Sutton using $ for training is corruption, but you can't be guilty by association. If you think bringing up the facts about Brad is politics, I say its not. Put truth out there and let the citizens decide. Brad is either arrogant, disregards authority, or is ignorant of the law. Either way, 3 times is too many for anyone. I don't want Kerr county to continue to pay for his mistakes.
Wow, and you called me ignorant. You didn't even thoroughly read my post. I was kinda defending Monroe. Here is what I posted verbatim. Look for the words "don't believe".

"I know, I know Monroe worked under Ron Sutton. I DON'T believe that makes him corrupt. I don't believe that Monroe is corrupt simply because he worked under Sutton. Sutton got in trouble because he was unfamiliar about how to used seizure funds."
born2Bwild

Kerrville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

Judged:

Scott Monroe and his L gang will find out on may the 29th what the voters opinion is of a district attorney candidate aligning himself with the L gang.
Dot

Ingram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

Dennis wrote:
Where's the mugshot of murder defender Patrick O'Fiel when he was arrested for his DWI???? Funny how that just disappeared. He's one of Scott's groupies, so is Harold Danford and Spencer Brown (who you can catch leaving the Schreiner golf course drunk driving) Anyone catch the connection between all of them? Covering up for each other's law-breaking habits. Who wants ANY of them in our judicial system?
You have to search the case records without an apostrophe in his last name "Ofiel". link below...

http://public.co.kerr.tx.us/CaseManagement/Pu...
Dennis

Kerrville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

Dot wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to search the case records without an apostrophe in his last name "Ofiel". link below...
http://public.co.kerr.tx.us/CaseManagement/Pu...
Thank you for the link, Dot! It was very helpful.
girlygirl07

Kerrville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

I think new blood is usually a good thing. I didn't know much about McCullough or Monroe other than McCullough was a the cute prosecutor from Mississippi and I always heard Monroe was a great lawyer. Now I'm hearing Monroe has been both a prosecutor and a defense lawyer and McCullough doesn't know how to follow rules in court? I guess I should probably start reading the KDT before going to the polls?!?!
Roberts150

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

Dennis you can talk all you want about 3 so called groupies. Scott has 60 attorneys who have endorsed him. Quit reaching! The facts are clear. Monroe is more qualified and isn't a repeat offender of prosecutorial misconduct, which costs the tax payers thousands! Come up with a serious argument if you're going to post. Every candidate who has ever run for office has had a supporter who has made a mistake in his life. I'm sure you've made plenty yourself. Unless of course you have never sinned. Look at the candidate and stop gasping for excuses. Why is Brad the better candidate is the question? Can he work with law enforcement or is he going to continue running his on police department on forfeitures? Will he continue misconduct? I think he has already answered that. He just let a guy who just committed murder walk until retrial because of his ignorance of the law. How does that help us as citizens? Scott will win in a landslide. Mark my words. No chance for Brad. People know the facts.
Wilson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

Thanks for the facts Roberts150
Dennis

Kerrville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Judged:

Roberts150 wrote:
Dennis you can talk all you want about 3 so called groupies. Scott has 60 attorneys who have endorsed him. Quit reaching! The facts are clear. Monroe is more qualified and isn't a repeat offender of prosecutorial misconduct, which costs the tax payers thousands! Come up with a serious argument if you're going to post. Every candidate who has ever run for office has had a supporter who has made a mistake in his life. I'm sure you've made plenty yourself. Unless of course you have never sinned. Look at the candidate and stop gasping for excuses. Why is Brad the better candidate is the question? Can he work with law enforcement or is he going to continue running his on police department on forfeitures? Will he continue misconduct? I think he has already answered that. He just let a guy who just committed murder walk until retrial because of his ignorance of the law. How does that help us as citizens? Scott will win in a landslide. Mark my words. No chance for Brad. People know the facts.
Dear Roberts 150,
Usually when people get real defensive like you have, it's because the truth hurts. The so called "police department" you speak of is under the office of Amos Barton and if you knew your facts you would know that Brad is running completely separate of Amos and that force has been dis-banded, and Brad doesn't support it at all. As far as the Crum case is concerned, I think it's absolutely disgusting that people as yourself would bring it into the political ring and not respect the deceased and her family. I won't stoop to your level. I would much rather have the endorsement of Firefighters, EMT's, and law enforcemtnt than 60 other crooked attorneys. People do know the facts and hope you enjoy your ride on Scott's MUDslide.
pitootie

Kerrville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Judged:

I know Mr. Monroe's never made a mistake. Brad has, but each of them has been in the attempt to fairly prosecute a guilty felon. Mr. Monroe's experience is just too old, too removed from the felony prosecution front line, and too unbalanced to the criminal defense side. He is allegedly a nice Christian man who has prospered in the divorce and criminal defense work he has done. But that does not make him a criminal prosecutor. As cloudy as the Monroe ads present the facts, one would think he is a qualified prosecutor, but the comparison, would be like asking an NFL defensive coordinator to run the ball for the New Orleans Saints. He may have played some offense way back there, but he is too far removed from the arena to be effective.
Roberts150

Bedford, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Judged:

Pitootie that was actually a well thought out argument unlike Dennis's off the wall comments atacking all of Kerr Counties attorneys. The facts are that Scott's prosecutorial experience is in the thousands if you include plea bargains. Brad's number of "850 convictions" probably includes 840 plea bargains. Measuring trial skills is not based on how many times you represented the Plaintiff or the Defendant. It's both. All of the best trial lawyers have spent time on each side. It's (not a negative--it's a positive. All of the lawyers know that--that's why they're him! To go with your football theme, the best NFL head coaches of all time have been both a offensive and defensive assistant. We are looking for a head coach that knows all aspects of the TEXAS law, not just offense. If he was a good prosecuting attorney he wouldn't have just had a mistrial in a murder case and another mistrial in Kimble county. The facts are that no high school football coach is going to be the Head coach at LSU and that's the real scenario. Nice post though.
Roberts150

Bedford, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Judged:

Pitootie,
Prosecutors do not solve crimes. Law enforcement does that. Prosecutors present the evidence to the jury, in the most persuasive manner possible, to convince the jury to convict. But they must also know the rules of court so they can stay within them. Otherwise you get a mistrial or worse, a not guilty verdict. Brad does not have a command of Texas law. He's learning (hopefully) by trial and error. If he has someone sitting with him who knows Texas law, he can get by because they will keep him out of trouble. When he screwed up the Crum case he was alone. He didn't have anyone with him at counsel table who knows Texas law, so he screwed it up and caused a mistrial. It wasn't his first; it won't be his last if he tries to fly solo again. Amos had to plea out a murder case for goodness sake to risk the case being thrown out for double Jeopardy. It was damage control and Amos had to come to the rescue.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Fredericksburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fredericksburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Fredericksburg News, Events & Info