Franklinton cop shot

Sep 18, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WWL-AM New Orleans

“He didn't realize the boy had a gun in his hand, and turned around and shot him.”

A cop is hospitalized on the Northshore after he was shot overnight. Franklinton Police officer Craig James is hospitalized after taking a bullet to the back. via WWL-AM New Orleans

Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Dec 19, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned

Mansfield, LA

#1 Oct 9, 2007
Franklinton Police Department needs to be investigated it's about time. The things that go on in that police department is a shame. Someone finally stood up and said something.
geaux tigers

Sun, LA

#2 Oct 11, 2007
What exactly are you talking about? The Franklinton Police Department needs to be investigated for what? For one of it's officers being shot by a convicted felon. It's a SHAME that you feel that the Franklinton Police Department is to blame and not the person who's been arrested for the crime. Let me guess, Pickle is a fine upstanding member of the community and is being falsely accused by the Police Department. And since it seems you know so much about the police department and the things that go on there why don't you enlighten the rest of us in cyberland. Especially since your post says your in Austin.
fvfdf_20

Leakesville, MS

#3 Oct 13, 2007
you know thats a damn good question. i went to school with craig and im glad to hear he will be ok.
officer shot

Meridian, MS

#4 Oct 13, 2007
I maybe in Austin and that doesn't matter, because I used to live in Franklinton. The Fair is the only thing really of any importance. A small town with a over crowed police Department. The inmates sleeping in the worst conditions, being abused and raped. You can see that on the internet.

“Lovin' Life”

Since: Oct 07

Franklinton, LA

#5 Oct 13, 2007
ok first off the police dept is not overcrowded. the jail on the other hand is. and why is that? people cant mind their own damn business and always getting in trouble by stealing or selling drugs or something stupid. if you want money get a job. if you go to jail then its your own fault and i have no pity for you because you brought it on yourself. white black hispanic it makes no difference. the law is law. there is nothing that will change that
co-co

Del Rio, TX

#6 Oct 13, 2007
ok geaux tigers well i guess now that i hear that the bullet came from a officer gun. well i guess he was so sorry that he let a sorry ass boy as you will call it to take his gun an shot him with it. ok as you would say if it was your child how would you like it if i abused him. like i say what goes around comes around bitch!! and they will be investaged

“Lovin' Life”

Franklinton, LA

#7 Oct 14, 2007
what part of "if you go to jail its your own fault" do you not understand. Next thing, how do you know he was "ABUSED" and didnt just get into a fight with someone. you dont know because you was not there. How can you take the word of someone who shot someone and then ran? And what does it matter to someone in austin and orlando?
Washington Parish

United States

#8 Oct 14, 2007
WELL IT LOOKS LIKE WE NEED TO TREAT THESE PRISONERS LIKE WE DO OUR KIDS ON A SCHOOL BUS, PUT CAMERAS IN THERE AND KEEP THIS CRAP DOWN AND MAKE IT EASIER ON OUR LAW ABIDING CITIZENS OF WASHINTON PARISH( THIS THING SAYS I AM FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE, BUT BLEIVE ME I AM IN WASHINTON PARISH...)AND IF YOU THINK WHAT HE GOT IN JAIL WAS BAD WAIT TIL HIS a$$ ENDS UP AT ANGOLA..OR IN THE LITTLE ANGIE PRISON..WHERE HIS BEHIND WILL NOT BE HIDING WITH A GUN..I PROMISE HE WILL SLEEP WITH ONE EYE OPEN, OR MAYBE BOTH! I PRAY ALL WILL WORK HARD TO GET CAMERAS SO OUR LITTLE TOWN CAN GET BACK TO NORMAL...HOPE TO SEE LOCALS AND OTHERS WHO WANT US TO HAVE A SFAE FAIR, AND SEE HOW OUR POLICE AND SHERIFF'S OFFICE KEEP TROUBLE FROM BEING THERE..THANK YOU ALL WHO WORK TO KEEP US SAFE! AND FOR THE PEOPLE COMING TO MAKE PROBLEMS I PERSONALLY HOPE YOUR CAR BREAKS DOWN, OR GOD GETS IN YOU HEAD AND YOUR CAR TURNS AROUND AND TAKES YOU BACK WHERE YOU COME FROM..BECAUSE WE DO NOT WANT TROUBLE IN OUR SMALL TOWN!
Someone Please

Meridian, MS

#9 Oct 15, 2007
Can I get anyone to answer this question for me? Is there someone resigning in the place where they protect and serve? What's really going on? Why would this person or persons do this now?

“Lovin' Life”

Franklinton, LA

#10 Oct 16, 2007
I have heard nothing on that matter at this time..
once a franklinton native

Seevetal, Germany

#11 Oct 19, 2007
I lived in Franklinton all of my younger years. I joined the military 21 years ago. I'm now retired and living in Germany. My question is, why after 20 years there are still segregated neighborhoods in Franklinton. White people live on one side of town and black people on the other. If people really understood history, they would know that there is no such thing as a pure white person.

“Lovin' Life”

Franklinton, LA

#12 Oct 19, 2007
OK, my question to you is you have already posted this exact same thing in another comment section why are you posting it here.
ponchatoula resident

Mandeville, LA

#13 Oct 27, 2007
I was in isolation with the boy in st. Tammany jail. He is in iso A-52. He is totally innocent. He was sleeping with the cops girlfriend. She white and hes black. This is a racist thing. The cops partner shot him, then took him to the jail, where the warden put a HIT on Mr. McClain. He was beatened and raped by so called inmates. Then he was forced to admitting the shooting, or his family would be taken to jail.

“Lovin' Life”

Franklinton, LA

#14 Oct 28, 2007
no buddy isolation is just that isolation and all you know if in fact it is anything is what the suspect told you. you dont know the facts just like everyone else posting on this site doesn't know the facts.
it dont matter

Atlanta, GA

#15 Nov 12, 2007
i think that it was wrong what da police did to pickle i dont live in franklinton but near by and i knew him i hate to feel what he going throw. they doing that because they know that he didnt do it they beating him in jail and they letting him get rape what type of m*f*ing jail is that i dont understand that. me and pickle went way back and i really dont understand this at all and if this was a white person this wouldnt be happening at all NOW WOULD IT BE LIKE THAT. i just wanted yall to know that it was f*ed up for yall prejadice a** white folks to do some sh** like that.

“Lovin' Life”

Franklinton, LA

#16 Nov 13, 2007
I have a question to all of you who think the suspect was beaten and raped. Why do you think this? Why if he was raped did he deny a medical evaluation to prove it? I would not doubt that he was beat, but by him refusing to see a doctor then that makes the rape story just an excuse to try to get out of jail
franklinton resadent

Norfolk, VA

#17 Dec 5, 2007
da police ther treet us black men like annimals. it be time to stop dat crap

“Lovin' Life”

Franklinton, LA

#18 Dec 8, 2007
Treet you like annimals??? you spell like one thats for damn sure
Interesting

New Orleans, LA

#19 Dec 24, 2007
Learn to spell and speak with intelligence, then maybe you will deserve a little respect. Until then, speak and act like animals, you get treated as such.
dont worry about it

Mandeville, LA

#20 Jan 30, 2008
Ok so as a local...I say people bitch and complain cause things are not done right in this town. Well I am sorry you feel that way but i dont see you making a difference. As far as "if it was your kid in jail" what if it was your loved one shot. What if the one person you always looked up to was shot, the one who was your best friend, what if you had to hear the call over the scanner and what if you had to stand outside the emergency room door watching them roll him on a hospital bed, what if that was your life going downn the drain? Would you be so up holding to the young man who shot him, ALso hasnt your mama ever told you don't believe everything you hear. Don't assume either it makes an ass out of you! So when you think you have enough to prove that this town is so gone wrong then please come stop in and prove us wrong and sorry but there is another life out there other than the internet so grow up and get a life!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 2 hr Hold on there 3,077
Murder in Louisiana Recalls KKK's Disturbing Hi... (Nov '08) Jun '14 abe 53
19-year-old drowns while tubing with friends (Sep '06) May '14 jessie 16
Advocate file photo -- The Louisiana state capi... May '14 godless by choice 1
Deacons for Defense (Jan '14) May '14 He was 4
How racist is the town of Franklinton? (Jan '08) Apr '14 Jim 76
Two Bodies Found in Burned-Out Car in Tangipaho... (May '07) Mar '14 Nuababe Vernon 10
•••
•••

Franklinton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Franklinton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Franklinton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Franklinton