Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81766 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#68104 Aug 27, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. I suppose whiney arse thinks he is the only person that has ever driven a truck with air brakes. I have had to sit many times and let the air pressure build up before I could move the truck. Just because of the necessity to over use the brakes in hilly country.
One thing for sure quar I know how the $h!t works.

This right here is about the dumbest statement you could've made!>>>>
>>>>"Just because of the necessity to over use the brakes in hilly country"

Since you just made quite the idiot out of yourself, I'm done with you for the night.

I do hope another driver weighs in and also points out your idiocy.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#68105 Aug 27, 2012
THE PRIMATE wrote:
<quoted text>I dont have to worry about it after your last post, now everyone knows your a idiot. You stated it yourself.
Not at all pedophile. That was the first time I ever saw anyone give an air brake refresher that only knew 1/2 of one little thing about air brakes. And then follow it up with a bunch of dribble that didn't
mean squat.

Since: Sep 11

Cave by big rock

#68106 Aug 27, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all pedophile. That was the first time I ever saw anyone give an air brake refresher that only knew 1/2 of one little thing about air brakes. And then follow it up with a bunch of dribble that didn't
mean squat.
That's it keep making yourself stupid.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#68107 Aug 27, 2012
THE PRIMATE wrote:
<quoted text>That's it keep making yourself stupid.
You are reaching. If you would pay attention I would help you stop making yourself look s2pid.

You don't see me trying to tell you how to deal with hairballs or thistles, or how to steal dogs for supper. That's your biz, and I don't know anything about it.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#68108 Aug 27, 2012
THE PRIMATE wrote:
<quoted text>I dont have to worry about it after your last post, now everyone knows your a idiot. You stated it yourself.
When did I state that? Hey! Tell me about them air brakes again. That was a good laugh! Sienfeld aint got nothin on you.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#68109 Aug 27, 2012
THE PRIMATE wrote:
<quoted text>When air brakes fail its due to a lose of air pressure. Which happens on long hills. When they lose air pressure they engage. The brakes lock without air pressure. On those long hills without enough air pressure the brakes cachet on fire whitch makes the brake drums brake into pieces. Morel to the story is the less air pressure the more brakes they have.
Since I dogged you so bad over this one, I should probably explain. And since you express an interest, I will explain.

When air brakes fail on a downgrade it is almost always due to brakes overheating because of driver error.
Here's why;
1)As one begins the steep downgrade he should already be in the required gear for the grade. One gear too high can lead to problems(you'll only go down too fast one time)
2)mashing too hard on brake
3)using the brakes too much.
4)Some brakes out of adjustment can lead to overheating also
In all of these examples brake failure will be because of overheating. Brakes over heating can and does lead to a runaway truck. When they get hot enough you can stand on the brake and it will do no good. In none of these was low pressure a factor.

Low air;
1)mechanical failure
2)ice in air lines
3)brake chamber froze up
4) something broke leading to a sudden bleedoff of air
5)using brakes a whole lot while at low RPMs(compressor won't keep up)most of us really never have this problem unless trying to maneuver into a real tight dock or parking spot, at which time you take a few seconds to let the air build back up.

Emergency brakes;
When you push in the brake knobs to release parking brakes a few things happen. Now that you have sat and idled up and all air tanks are full. When you push in the knobs air is sent to powerful spring brakes. At 60-80 pounds of pressure your parking brakes release, all the way around. And they will stay that way as long as there's at least 65 or 70lbs of pressure in the system. If driving along and all your air starts bleeding off, at 80 or 90 lbs an alarm starts sounding. At around 70lbs of pressure those park/emergency brakes are gonna pop out. First the trailer wheels will lock up, then the tractor.
But it shouldn't have got that far because you noticed your air pressure dropping and got pulled over. Unless, of course something drastic happened and all air dumped very quickly.

One more thing if somebody has to repeatedly pull over to build brake pressure up(per uni farthead), something is broke. If nothing is broke and the vehicle isn't junk then the driver is a
non-driver. No two ways about it.

If you are on a steep downgrade and you must stop to build up brake pressure whoever you are, you need to stick to driving four wheelers. If air pressure drops that low coming down a steep grade,
pulling over and getting stopped without losing too much air and locking up the brakes is probably nearly impossible.

This doesn't really cover everything Primate but it should clear up
some of your ignorance on the subject. Now you know more about air brakes than a lot of truck drivers.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#68110 Aug 28, 2012
Rising Moon Maniac wrote:
<quoted text>
cortisol is the stress hormone and it explains why you feel frazzled and unable to sleep, you are caught in a vicious cycle of a severe hormonal imbalance. Your emerging masculinizing features also is a turn off for your husband and so you are likely not getting laid now either which leads to further stress.
I think you're NUTS. I work hard, but I sure don't look like a man. Especially the D's cups I haul around. You don't know anything about me, so why would you post that BS? Go away!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#68111 Aug 28, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that you, most likely about to get your arse kicked? You don't mess with Roaming, especially when she's already had a bad day.
Some people just don't know how to shut up!
Fourteen Seven Hundred

Versailles, KY

#68112 Aug 28, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Some people just don't know how to shut up!
NO, you surely don't.
tinponyrider

Scottsville, KY

#68114 Aug 28, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Expressing your SOBhood again. Brakes don't just let go. They have to be set, in order to let go. What's more some idiots set the trolly brake, then the air bleeds off and trucks start to roll.
Yeah well I publicly got you on the misquoting more than once.
One more thing since I can see I got your ire. When you say>>"I excel in knowlege of everything except sports and that's mainly because I don't like most of them."....The fact that you misspell knowledge hurts your credibility."
All the rest, I won't even bother. It was your usual dumbcrap. What's more, you know you are posting straight up lies coward.
Just wondering, what is a trolly brake?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#68115 Aug 28, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Some people just don't know how to shut up!
They don't know schitt, just think they do.
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#68116 Aug 28, 2012
Great Day all dear ones. How precious is the weather, oh this time of year is so awesome. If I could run away just for today , I think I would take a long walk on the beach , lay in the sun all day , and sleep under the stairs. Oh , better snap out of it, much to do , no time to start day dreaming. Such a long day today . If any of you run away with the day , run for me as well. Great one to yall. Run for the roses...

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#68117 Aug 28, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you learn some new personalities. Maybe you could go to a new church with your new personalities and destroy it too.
What a useless lame brain you are. Don't need a new church we got The First Church of Discount Sin back on it's feet. A bunch there thought they could bounce checks and cheat the Lord. We tossed them out and told them to take their fat arse wives with them. We no longer accept personal checks or EBT Cards. We had to reposess several forgiveness packages back then. Forgiveness can only be bought now by cash or credit card. Don't even think about it, you can't afford it. You lazy bum.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#68118 Aug 28, 2012
tinponyrider wrote:
<quoted text>Just wondering, what is a trolly brake?
Oh Lord TPR, get ready for an ebook of copy & paste schitt. LMFAO.

Since: Sep 11

Cave by big rock

#68119 Aug 28, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I dogged you so bad over this one, I should probably explain. And since you express an interest, I will explain.
When air brakes fail on a downgrade it is almost always due to brakes overheating because of driver error.
Here's why;
1)As one begins the steep downgrade he should already be in the required gear for the grade. One gear too high can lead to problems(you'll only go down too fast one time)
2)mashing too hard on brake
3)using the brakes too much.
4)Some brakes out of adjustment can lead to overheating also
In all of these examples brake failure will be because of overheating. Brakes over heating can and does lead to a runaway truck. When they get hot enough you can stand on the brake and it will do no good. In none of these was low pressure a factor.
Low air;
1)mechanical failure
2)ice in air lines
3)brake chamber froze up
4) something broke leading to a sudden bleedoff of air
5)using brakes a whole lot while at low RPMs(compressor won't keep up)most of us really never have this problem unless trying to maneuver into a real tight dock or parking spot, at which time you take a few seconds to let the air build back up.
Emergency brakes;
When you push in the brake knobs to release parking brakes a few things happen. Now that you have sat and idled up and all air tanks are full. When you push in the knobs air is sent to powerful spring brakes. At 60-80 pounds of pressure your parking brakes release, all the way around. And they will stay that way as long as there's at least 65 or 70lbs of pressure in the system. If driving along and all your air starts bleeding off, at 80 or 90 lbs an alarm starts sounding. At around 70lbs of pressure those park/emergency brakes are gonna pop out. First the trailer wheels will lock up, then the tractor.
But it shouldn't have got that far because you noticed your air pressure dropping and got pulled over. Unless, of course something drastic happened and all air dumped very quickly.
One more thing if somebody has to repeatedly pull over to build brake pressure up(per uni farthead), something is broke. If nothing is broke and the vehicle isn't junk then the driver is a
non-driver. No two ways about it.
If you are on a steep downgrade and you must stop to build up brake pressure whoever you are, you need to stick to driving four wheelers. If air pressure drops that low coming down a steep grade,
pulling over and getting stopped without losing too much air and locking up the brakes is probably nearly impossible.
This doesn't really cover everything Primate but it should clear up
some of your ignorance on the subject. Now you know more about air brakes than a lot of truck drivers.
Yes you cleared me up. You are great at googling shit.
COOKIE

Danville, KY

#68120 Aug 28, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Lord TPR, get ready for an ebook of copy & paste schitt. LMFAO.
UNA,,, I have laughed till i cant breath. You are so GOOD at what you do. And you really dont use any ugly words,, just funny ones. Where do you come up with this??

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#68121 Aug 28, 2012
COOKIE wrote:
<quoted text>UNA,,, I have laughed till i cant breath. You are so GOOD at what you do. And you really dont use any ugly words,, just funny ones. Where do you come up with this??
Thank you for the kind words COOKIE. Those are my Gems of Wisdom. Hehehehe. I always tell folks, read my Gems of Wisdom, meditate on them, they might just save your arse. Lol.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#68122 Aug 28, 2012
Fourteen Seven Hundred wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, you surely don't.
Aww, look, you stupidly commented on something that had NOTHING to do with you, troll. Buzz off.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#68123 Aug 28, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't know schitt, just think they do.
Lord, if there was one SMART troll here, we would all be screwed. Luckily, they're ALL stupid.
kevin

Bowie, MD

#68124 Aug 28, 2012
Rising Moon Maniac wrote:
<quoted text>
did you know that lack of sleep results in decreased melatonin secretion which then leads to the loss of cyclical release of cortisol which then leads to decreased estrogen and progesterone secretion and as a consequence you begin to have masculinizing features.
How 'bout that...

A brand new tw*t.(*=a)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pam at FPI 6 hr Franklin finest 3
post removed "blonde @ liquor store" 13 hr swinging 7
heath roberts ? 18 hr bitch pleas 8
Big Snitches 22 hr ForReal 1
Franklin Jukebox (Jun '12) 23 hr Musikologist 27
What's going on at the park? Fri just letting ya k... 4
brown rd Fri Amanda Mc 3
More from around the web

Franklin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]