Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 3,729)

Showing posts 74,561 - 74,580 of122,521
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
MOONRAKER

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>That post does not exactly exude humility nor meekness.
When is it 'just' to kill another human? Is the bible black and white about that?
The word meek does not mean weak, it means patient & mild.
MOONRAKER

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
For god sooooooooooooooo loved the world,
Instead of bit*h slapping satan he is gonna burn everyone that refuses to follow the "word" that even christians interpret 38,000 different ways.
That is because we are not supposed to interpret the Bible, we are to search the scriptures, in an effort to seek the truth, because within them we can find salvation. It is not something that can be found in one reading. The Bible is Gods message to those who believe, and want to learn of him.
MOONRAKER

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Blind faith is the problem. Why trust something without evidence or reason? That leads to people flying planes into buildings.
When you think there is objective truth in the claims that have no evidence for support, you have no reason to question what could be wrong in the claim. That is what leads to flying planes into buildings.
This poor way of thinking causes more problems than suicide missions. It clouds all moral thought. It clouds scientific thought.
You have blind faith that there is no God , what evidence do you have.
MOONRAKER

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Etymology and Germanic mythology
The modern English word Hell is derived from Old English hel, helle (about 725 AD to refer to a nether world of the dead) reaching into the Anglo-Saxon pagan period, and ultimately from Proto-Germanic *halja, meaning "one who covers up or hides something".
The word has cognates in related Germanic languages such as Old Frisian helle, hille, Old Saxon hellja, Middle Dutch helle (modern Dutch hel), Old High German helle (Modern German Hölle), Danish, Norwegian and Swedish "helvede"/helvete (hel + Old Norse vitti, "punishment" whence the Icelandic víti "hell"), and Gothic halja.
Subsequently, the word was used to transfer a pagan concept to Christian theology and its vocabulary
Hope this helps to understand the origin of the word hell.
The Bible speaks of 3 different hells. The hell Job suffered physically on this earth or anyone else for that matter who physically suffers, then there is hell as the grave which everyone will go into eventually, then there is the hell mentioned in revelation, as to where the sinful and the unbelievers will dwell, after this life is ended.
MOONRAKER

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

peddlerreed wrote:
OM-Gosh! There is only one Bible. And, many other options. Teach them all, but please get the lies out of Text Books. They proved in 1980 that evolution could not happen on this planet. Cause of that blessed thing called Oxygen. And it used to be a higher concentration. We've found that in the Amber: petrified tree sap. Why are we allowed to tell our kids lies, and present it as truth. Yet, we can't tell them all the options and let them make up their own minds. That is INDOCTRINATION, not education. Put the puzzle together in your own mind. Study all the options, and only one will make sense. THat is what I did! Fill your mind with the options and one will rise to the TOP! I took a class in 6th grade on general Religion. It gave me ideas. But, I didn't really learn till much later.
There are many religions, but you have to look at the doctrine of them all. The Bible starts off with In the beginning... That means that the word Pre-historic is for fools. There are no confusions in the Bible, yet it was written over 4,000 years, by some 30 or 40 Authors who mostly never met. How can you do that?? You can't even get 2 authors today to agree on the facts. Very funny! Reed~<><
You can't , but the HOLY SPIRIT did, through inspired men of God. In case you don't know who he is , he is one of the 3 parts of the GODHEAD. Please do not blaspheme him as so many on here blaspheme God the Father and the Son, because any intelligent human on earth knows there is no forgiveness for that.
MOONRAKER

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Just as I expected, no Christians have answered to this post.
In the old testament God communicated to righteous men through certain objects, and Moses was the lawgiver at that time, and they failed many times being human, even he did not get to go into the land God had promised his people at that time, because of his sin. People you are speaking about in this day & time such as David koresh, are demented, and try to combine righteousness with unrighteousness, which is impossible to do. That is not Gods fault, he gave us one way not 10 different ways. We either do things the way he tells us or we don't.
MOONRAKER

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Just as I expected, no Christians have answered to this post.
Every religious orginization you mentioned there are not part of the Lords Church, and do not practice what the New Testament teaches.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

MOONRAKER wrote:
<quoted text>Just like in the old testament, where it says the babies would have been better off if dashed against rocks and been killed, at least they were without sin and would go to heaven. Unlike the babies of our generation who grow up with the liberal filth that is taking place in our society today, & mokery of God the creator, who will no doubt grow up to be just as premiscious, and end up in hell. Noone with any smarts just thinks abortion is wrong, we know it is wrong, even animals know to protect their young and do not leave the natural affections of their species, to seek after the unnatural. It should not be any womans choice to kill another human being just because she decided to go satisfy her immoral fleshly desires.
Age of accountability you claim are contridicted by verse in Matt,below.

Matt 24:22
And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved..........

says any age young, old or nobody would be saved period.

By the way just admit it, the word hell does not exist in the bible just made up from pagan mythology and translated in. The word hell are disappearing from bible translations.
MOONRAKER

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

Spears wrote:
As it is now there are approx 41000 denominations and all these claim to be Christian
and yet they all have different ideas as to what the Bible teaches , For this reason all those so called "Christians" would not be quallified to teach bible Doctrine. Only Jehovahs Witnesses can accuratley do this!
JW have their own doctrine within the watchtower pamphlets. They know nothing of what the Bible teaches otherwise they would see within the book of Hebrews that the old law or Old Testament is no longer our law to follow , after the death of Christ the old law was abolished and the New Testament law came into effect./ Read Hebrews especially chapter 10. God gave Jesus all power and authority, even over the church of the Lord Jesus Christ,of which he gave his life to come here and established. They along with 99.9% of the so called churches today do not follow the law of Christ, which means they are not christians, but they are just exactly as they call themselves.
Mrs Butterworth

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

1. This is in direct violation of The Constitution.
2. My tax dollars will never be used to propagate religion.
3. "Morality" is self-evident.
MOONRAKER

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
What did jesus do, you christians claim jesus was raised from the dead and is in heaven and will be forever the king and rule over you sheep. What did he sacrifice, nothing if he still lives.
He suffered scourging , the worse beating anyone can endure, he was beaten within inches of his life, and then hung on the cross, peierced with a sword in his side and hung there hours to die, among other things, all for the sins of sinful as well as good men. I would like to see you do that for anyone. YOu are to be pitied.
MOONRAKER

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

Mrs Butterworth wrote:
1. This is in direct violation of The Constitution.
2. My tax dollars will never be used to propagate religion.
3. "Morality" is self-evident.
The constitution will not save you after this life is over, if you are like most people in this country , you don't pay taxes, just collect them. Morality is one who is morally bad or morally good, Christianity is a spirtiual state of being, patterning their lives after THE LORD JESUS CHRIST., as closely as one human can possibly do. and begging Gods forgiveness when they fail.

“Memento mori”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

MOONRAKER wrote:
<quoted text>He suffered scourging , the worse beating anyone can endure, he was beaten within inches of his life, and then hung on the cross, peierced with a sword in his side and hung there hours to die, among other things, all for the sins of sinful as well as good men. I would like to see you do that for anyone. YOu are to be pitied.
That's one of the many problems with your religion: it celebrates human sacrifice. It's based around the idea of celebrating a man giving up his life. There is nothing brave or honorable about that.

Plus, if you believe Jesus and God are the same person, it doesn't even make sense. God impregnated a woman with himself so that he could walk the Earth in human form, and allowed himself to be sacrificed for the sins that he himself created.

Then again, there is no evidence to suggest he existed.
MOONRAKER

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom of religion in this country has allowed people to worship many gods or Gods. We no longer turn to god you say? See below
Now meet the Gods,thanks to freedom of religon.
http://www.godchecker.com/
I'ts obvious by your comments that you are your own god, added to the many thousands which have been in existance since the beginning of time,
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

MOONRAKER wrote:
<quoted text>The constitution will not save you after this life is over, if you are like most people in this country , you don't pay taxes, just collect them. Morality is one who is morally bad or morally good, Christianity is a spirtiual state of being, patterning their lives after THE LORD JESUS CHRIST., as closely as one human can possibly do. and begging Gods forgiveness when they fail.
I have not met you before, I suppose, unless you have changed names, so I will try to be balanced in mty reaction to you. The Constitution is the highest law of the land in this country, and you are not allowed to use the Bible to be your law in contradiction to the Constitution, any more than a Muslim is allowed to use sharia (sp) law. What do you mean about people not pahing taxes, and collecting them? That is ridiculous. Most Americans pay some sorts of taxes. Some of the richest ones and some of the richest corporations use loopholes in the laws and pay less, proportionately, even on income tax. They certainly pay less in consumer taxes compared to low and middle income people. I bet you are a sort of Republican rightwing Christian, but not a rightwing fundie nutcase type, I hope. I think you mean well in thinking people should be moral - good - but that has little to do with what one's views are about religion. People who believe can do horrible things, and people who do not believe as you do can do wonderful things. If you think of Jesus as a role model, and perhaps as a teacher of some good ethical principles, I like some of what are alleged to be his ethics and alleged to be his actions - someone had to make those ethical statements anyhow. Believing in him as a role model is better than believing in him as a blood sacrifice for socalled sins, so that believers are socalled saved. I do not believe you have made yourself clear in this post at least, as to whether you value being good, or believing mostly what you believe, as a way to be so called saved. those of us who do not feel that we have inherited original sin - and think the concept is evil and nonsense - and who do not think our mistakes are so bad that anyone needs to die to pay for them, find the notion of being saved to be absolutely silly. It is evil-doers who want a free pass to salvation and fear a hot hell who want to be saved by believing. I am willing to consider that you may be one of the nicer believers on here. I will read more of your posts and see how you reply to mine. I doubt if you are very well educated, and it may be a problem, if you are not well=read and able to understand some of the discussion. but on the other hand, you sound at least partly like you intend to be nice, and want others to be nice, and I strongly approve of that.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

MOONRAKER wrote:
<quoted text>I'ts obvious by your comments that you are your own god, added to the many thousands which have been in existance since the beginning of time,
Not yet just in training. Its obvious by your comments you believe in fairy tales since the beginning of time.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

MOONRAKER wrote:
<quoted text>I'ts obvious by your comments that you are your own god, added to the many thousands which have been in existance since the beginning of time,
people who do not believe in your version of your god are not thinking that they are their own gods. but they do feel responsible for themselves, and do not go whining to god to get them out of messes. and if there have been thousands of made=up gods, that is a good argument not to believe in whatever version you believe in. it is just another guess, with no evidence whatsoever.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

EssentialSalts wrote:
<quoted text>
That's one of the many problems with your religion: it celebrates human sacrifice. It's based around the idea of celebrating a man giving up his life. There is nothing brave or honorable about that.
Plus, if you believe Jesus and God are the same person, it doesn't even make sense. God impregnated a woman with himself so that he could walk the Earth in human form, and allowed himself to be sacrificed for the sins that he himself created.
Then again, there is no evidence to suggest he existed.
poor moonraker, is a gullible soul, I fear, from the comment that you quoted. I totally agree with your version, but I do think that persons like her - sounds like a her doesn't it - are so indoctrinated that I feel sorry for them, rather than finding them disgusting as I do yaa. I do not think many people are well-educated, and I bet that the gap on here between the superstitious and the rational is probably at least 4 years of education, and probably more than that in terms of quality of education. most of the superstitious ones were probably indoctrinated as children in some religion, and never taught rational thought at all, not at home and not in school either.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Not yet just in training. Its obvious by your comments you believe in fairy tales since the beginning of time.
that was to moonraker and I must object that fairy tales are different and not nearly so harmful. neither are flying unicorns.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Judged:

looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Well tell you what , How about i take my rose colored glasses off and look up the real history as you call it .
And in the mean time you take the ones you are wearing right now off and take a good look at the real state of this world in the present . It's not improving it is on the decline .
that is because of the rightwing Republicans in the House and Senate who stopped the recovery, in order to try to defeat Obama by not letting the economy recover. They said that was their first purpose and they did it. It is also due to the greedy investment bankers and rating agencies that put out the fraudulent derivatives and credit default swaps that caused the meltdown of the financial system. you would not understand this, I am sure. you probably think God sends tornados to punish folks who disagree with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 74,561 - 74,580 of122,521
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

51 Users are viewing the Frankfort Forum right now

Search the Frankfort Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Couple passed out in car in traffic while babys... 30 min Slamm 7
small engine repair and boat repair (Oct '12) 47 min the best 3
Robert Roach 1 hr That Guy 28
4thDistrict Magistrate 1 hr oh lord 307
drug bust today 1 hr Its a law 32
5 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in Frankfort (Feb '11) 1 hr I need drugs 89
FPB Rate Increase Again 2 hr Shadow On The wall 29
•••

Freeze Warning for Franklin County was issued at April 16 at 3:27AM EDT