Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,163

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#77748 Apr 25, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saying it's My Photo, I took it with my own little camera... And I'm saying I did not PhotoShop it in any way... I don't even have Photo Shop installed on my puter... I did Not say it has not been touched....:)
Whatever!
I LIKE it! LOL
Thanks!

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#77749 Apr 25, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I was gona just let this keep going but proly best to fess up...
I took that photo using a Fuji 5200 pro set a 2000s/7.3a around 5pm yesterday...
I Used Corel Photo Paint not PhotoShop to add a bit of color to the sun rays and added the Christ Figure because after I took the shot and got home to finish it the telephone pole looked like it needed him...
But I Did Not PhotoShop the photo... I Coreled it...
Naughty boy. Getting those fundies all excited about the "miracle."
You should be spanked....and I can make you like it.
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#77750 Apr 25, 2012
MOONRAKER wrote:
<quoted text>Just like in the old testament, where it says the babies would have been better off if dashed against rocks and been killed, at least they were without sin and would go to heaven. Unlike the babies of our generation who grow up with the liberal filth that is taking place in our society today, & mokery of God the creator, who will no doubt grow up to be just as premiscious, and end up in hell. Noone with any smarts just thinks abortion is wrong, we know it is wrong, even animals know to protect their young and do not leave the natural affections of their species, to seek after the unnatural. It should not be any womans choice to kill another human being just because she decided to go satisfy her immoral fleshly desires.
AMEN!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#77751 Apr 25, 2012
MOONRAKER wrote:
<quoted text>JW have their own doctrine within the watchtower pamphlets. They know nothing of what the Bible teaches otherwise they would see within the book of Hebrews that the old law or Old Testament is no longer our law to follow , after the death of Christ the old law was abolished and the New Testament law came into effect./ Read Hebrews especially chapter 10. God gave Jesus all power and authority, even over the church of the Lord Jesus Christ,of which he gave his life to come here and established. They along with 99.9% of the so called churches today do not follow the law of Christ, which means they are not christians, but they are just exactly as they call themselves.
Funny, the JW's that come to my house say the same thing you just did, other than the part about JW's not knowing the bible. I think they follow it as best they can.
Luckily they are not political, so their hatred of science is not protested by political action. But they do knock on everyone's door telling them how much they think science is all wrong. That really pisses me off.
CougarintheJungl e

Russell Springs, KY

#77752 Apr 25, 2012
you are quite prolific indeed :)
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#77753 Apr 25, 2012
Mrs Butterworth wrote:
1. This is in direct violation of The Constitution.
2. My tax dollars will never be used to propagate religion.
3. "Morality" is self-evident.
But you're ok with $300,000,000 of your tax dollars going for this?
http://abortionno.org/index.php/abortion_fact
Go figure!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#77754 Apr 25, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Naughty boy. Getting those fundies all excited about the "miracle."
You should be spanked....and I can make you like it.
Better watch it, I may be old but I'm kinda scrappy...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#77756 Apr 25, 2012
MOONRAKER wrote:
<quoted text>Doing good to others is only part of being a christian, that is benevolence, and can be performed by non-christians. Being a christian is following after the doctrine of Christ, and his teachings. If you live to be 150 you will never find true happiness in this life, if you do it will only be fleeting, and then it will be gone. Because once you reach old age you will realize that it seems like only yesterday that you were a small child. It will be over before you know it. Life on earth is only for a little while, but life of the spirit is eternal. True happiness comes to those who gain the not only knowlege but the wisdom to know that God is life and the maker of it.
Hey pal, don't tell me what I am or will be. You do not know me, you are just telling me propaganda line I have heard a million times. It is the dumbest damn line also.
I was a Christian, so I know what it feels like, and I am atheist now, so I know what it feels like. And I feel happy.

Have you ever been atheist? If not, then you cannot really say how it feels.

Now tell me what an elephant feels?
TruthIS

Somerset, KY

#77757 Apr 25, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares what gods day is? The bible is in mans language, not gods. God did not write the damn book silly, man did.
Did you read the post I was responding to? It was not talking about god days.
Did you look at Q's picture?

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#77758 Apr 25, 2012
MOONRAKER wrote:
<quoted text>He suffered scourging , the worse beating anyone can endure, he was beaten within inches of his life, and then hung on the cross, peierced with a sword in his side and hung there hours to die, among other things, all for the sins of sinful as well as good men. I would like to see you do that for anyone. YOu are to be pitied.
You've watched "Passion of the Christ" too many times.
The bible devotes only a few verses to that which Mel made a movie of.

Matthew
27:26 Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.
27:27 Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus into the common hall, and gathered unto him the whole band of soldiers.
27:28 And they stripped him, and put on him a scarlet robe.
27:29 And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!
27:30 And they spit upon him, and took the reed, and smote him on the head.
27:31 And after that they had mocked him, they took the robe off from him, and put his own raiment on him, and led him away to crucify him.
27:32 And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name: him they compelled to bear his cross.
27:33 And when they were come unto a place called Golgotha, that is to say, a place of a skull,
27:34 They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink.

So he was whipped, wore a crown of thorns, spit upon (not terribly painful), hit on the head with a "reed," mocked (again, not painful), and given something nasty tasting to drink. He didn't even have to carry his own cross. Doesn't sound like "beaten within an inch of his life" to me.

Yes, crucifiction had to be very painful, but not for the reason you think. It was the position of the body while hanging that caused pain and death.
A person can't breathe. And that is why they don't die quickly. They slowly suffocate. The spear in the side was a kindness. A quicker death.

Jesus (if he ever existed) died because he annoyed the Jewish and Roman authorites. Not for some transcendental reason thought up years later by Saul/Paul when he invented Christianity.

“Memento mori”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#77759 Apr 25, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>But you're ok with $300,000,000 of your tax dollars going for this?
http://abortionno.org/index.php/abortion_fact
Go figure!
"I can't make a rebuttal so I'll just go back to abortion."

May Satan open your eyes and show you that tax dollars are not used for abortions.

And before you link to Fox News saying otherwise (as I know you're dying to do), Planned Parenthood may have received federal aid, but they were not allowed to use it for abortions.

Maybe you should read up on the Stupak–Pitts Amendment.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#77760 Apr 25, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Good.
TruthIS

Somerset, KY

#77761 Apr 25, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all superstitious either are ya LOL.

London, KY

#77762 Apr 25, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever!
I LIKE it! LOL
Thanks!
Your welcome, I actually like a lot of assorted religious art, some of the most spectacular structures in modern history are Churches, Temples, Synagogs and Mosques... One of my photo sets I take is Country Churches.. I have a bunch of shots of many throughout Knox and Clay counties...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#77763 Apr 25, 2012
MOONRAKER wrote:
<quoted text>Doing good to others is only part of being a christian, that is benevolence, and can be performed by non-christians. Being a christian is following after the doctrine of Christ, and his teachings. If you live to be 150 you will never find true happiness in this life, if you do it will only be fleeting, and then it will be gone. Because once you reach old age you will realize that it seems like only yesterday that you were a small child. It will be over before you know it. Life on earth is only for a little while, but life of the spirit is eternal. True happiness comes to those who gain the not only knowlege but the wisdom to know that God is life and the maker of it.
Now why would you think an atheist is not benevolent? We do not do good just to be good with god, we do good because we like to.
We do not have to be told to be benevolent like you Christians do. I am sure anyone who thinks they get points to get into heaven is doing good in a non benevolent way. So you guys sometimes have to be told to be benevolent. How silly that is.

London, KY

#77764 Apr 25, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
That picture...is truly awesome.
How anyone could look at it, and not feel compassion, is beyond what I could ever fathom.

That's very nice for you to say, I'm glad you liked it...

London, KY

#77765 Apr 25, 2012
TruthIS wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all superstitious either are ya LOL.
Nope, can't say I am....
looking for hope

Somerset, KY

#77766 Apr 25, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You've watched "Passion of the Christ" too many times.
The bible devotes only a few verses to that which Mel made a movie of.
Matthew
27:26 Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.
27:27 Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus into the common hall, and gathered unto him the whole band of soldiers.
27:28 And they stripped him, and put on him a scarlet robe.
27:29 And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!
27:30 And they spit upon him, and took the reed, and smote him on the head.
27:31 And after that they had mocked him, they took the robe off from him, and put his own raiment on him, and led him away to crucify him.
27:32 And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name: him they compelled to bear his cross.
27:33 And when they were come unto a place called Golgotha, that is to say, a place of a skull,
27:34 They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink.
So he was whipped, wore a crown of thorns, spit upon (not terribly painful), hit on the head with a "reed," mocked (again, not painful), and given something nasty tasting to drink. He didn't even have to carry his own cross. Doesn't sound like "beaten within an inch of his life" to me.
Yes, crucifiction had to be very painful, but not for the reason you think. It was the position of the body while hanging that caused pain and death.
A person can't breathe. And that is why they don't die quickly. They slowly suffocate. The spear in the side was a kindness. A quicker death.
Jesus (if he ever existed) died because he annoyed the Jewish and Roman authorites. Not for some transcendental reason thought up years later by Saul/Paul when he invented Christianity.
If you think this is the worst that Jesus Christ experienced while dying you have no understanding of his death .
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#77767 Apr 25, 2012
EssentialSalts wrote:
<quoted text>
"I can't make a rebuttal so I'll just go back to abortion."
May Satan open your eyes and show you that tax dollars are not used for abortions.
And before you link to Fox News saying otherwise (as I know you're dying to do), Planned Parenthood may have received federal aid, but they were not allowed to use it for abortions.
Maybe you should read up on the Stupak–Pitts Amendment.
What a dip!
You KNOW they did NOT spend that money on Breast exams!
98% of what they do, is KILL BABIES!
You are so blind by your hatred of Morality...
It will be all over, and you will curse yourself for being a dip,
and wishing you'd have listened to yo Momma!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#77768 Apr 25, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Your welcome, I actually like a lot of assorted religious art, some of the most spectacular structures in modern history are Churches, Temples, Synagogs and Mosques... One of my photo sets I take is Country Churches.. I have a bunch of shots of many throughout Knox and Clay counties...
Cool!
But for your own safty... Do NOT...
I repete... Do NOT, put a Christ figure on a Mosque...
LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wooldrige jewlers are crooks 31 min OnTheInside 11
malik barnett 56 min Lost2 2
10 year old dies of herion over dose 59 min jdp 1
John T.Williams 1 hr just sayin 5
Hudson Hollow steakhouse opening 1 hr Frankfort Critic 58
Lori B Shouse 1 hr Eye Witness 8
felon trying to find a job 6 hr Roland Deschain1 12
What happened on holmes st 13 hr shaggy 34
Frankfort Dating
Find my Match