friend2

Frankfort, KY

#63 May 24, 2012
I think someone better pay for the death of Jeff, jailers are not nice to inmates they treat inmates like animals this is craziness something has to be done.
The Real Miss Bea

United States

#64 May 25, 2012
Friend of the family wrote:
Lexington police are investigating the death Tuesday of a 37-year-old Fayette County jail inmate who, according to his sister, had a history of seizures.
The cause of death of the inmate, Jeffrey McKinney of Frankfort, is pending autopsy results, Fayette County Coroner Gary Ginn said.
The fire department took McKinney from the Fayette County Detention Center to University of Kentucky Chandler Hospital about 6:50 p.m. Tuesday after he had a medical emergency, according to a news release from the jail. McKinney died at the hospital about 7:35 p.m.
Jail spokeswoman Sgt. Jennifer L. Taylor said she could not comment on the case before the coroner released a cause of death. An internal investigation is ongoing, she said. Also, Lexington police are investigating.
Julie Curtsinger of Frankfort said McKinney, her brother, entered the jail May 17 to serve a 10-day sentence for driving under the influence of alcohol.
According to court documents, McKinney was arrested in February after weaving on Versailles Road, then pulling over even though a police officer behind him had not turned on his emergency lights.
McKinney refused a breath test but failed several field sobriety tests, the documents said. He was released from jail on a $500 bond and was re-booked after pleading guilty May 17.
Curtsinger said her brother had a history of epilepsy, and she said he was sometimes hard to control after a seizure "because he does not have the right state of mind to know where he's at."
Curtsinger said just before McKinney was taken to the hospital, corrections officers "restrained him and used pepper spray on him." She said he had bruises on his wrists and ankles.
She said her brother was on anti-seizure medication, and she said he told jail officials he would have seizures if he did not get his medicine. She said the family was awaiting toxicology reports to see whether jail officials gave McKinney his medicine.
Curtsinger said her brother had a seizure shortly after noon and another shortly after 6 p.m., but the jail did not notify the family of the seizures or her brother's death until almost midnight.
"There's a lot of hours that lapsed," she said. "We are still trying to get answers to the questions and pieces to the puzzle right now."
Curtsinger said McKinney was disabled and sustained head trauma in an ATV accident five years ago. She said before that, he was an electrician who ran his own company.
McKinney is the third Fayette County jail inmate to die since July 2010.
This month, a lawsuit was settled out of court involving the medical care of Dean Ferguson, 54, who collapsed in the jail in July 2010 and later died.
In February, the mother of inmate Anthony Dwayne Davis, who died in June 2011 in the jail, filed a wrongful-death lawsuit against jail employees. The lawsuit said jail officials failed to give timely medical treatment. An autopsy showed that Davis, 26, died of natural causes. The suit is pending.
I could careless on his charges. He was a human being. Not a animal or a killer.(Drinking and driving is wrong)Sounds like he had his problems like us all. Think about his Kids and family. This is very sad to know that the jail treated him so bad as if he was a dog! Prayers for the family!!
I take Neurontin (marketed for epilepsy) for nerve damage. Taking me off it cold turkey can cause me to have a seizure. If the police with held his meds, it should show in the blood work. I take 600mg 3xday every 8 hrs. to maintain a constant level in my body. Neurontin if looked up states it is for seizures. Using it for nerve damage is called "off market" use. Please make them check the level of his seizure meds. That will tell if the jail gave him his meds or were playing doctor. Prayers for the family.
ABC123UME

Clay City, KY

#65 May 25, 2012
I was in a casual conversation with a lady who's husband is in jail and there was foul play by jailers.
Jeff's death better not be swept under the carpet.
The Real Miss Bea

United States

#66 May 25, 2012
ABC123UME wrote:
I was in a casual conversation with a lady who's husband is in jail and there was foul play by jailers.
Jeff's death better not be swept under the carpet.
You're going to hate me for this BUT;

I didn't know Jeff but he was a human being and had family and friends. You're the ones that will have to make sure it's not swept under the carpet. Ask questions from any law enforcement that worked the case. Ask for a copy of his blood work. It is easy to read. I'm sure one of you has the right for Power of Attorny. You will need that anyway. Prayers to the family and God make your path easy.
family friend

Frankfort, KY

#67 May 25, 2012
all i can say is that its sad, prayers to the family of jeff
lawsuit county

United States

#69 May 26, 2012
I don't know if this family has or will consider talking to an attorney, but, honestly, they need to watch out. There are a lot of attorneys. Not many would turn down such a case. That being said, realize that the vast majority are not experienced with litigation at this level but see this as easily settled meaning less work and less money for the client. The firm that represents the family this same thing happened to last year at the same facility has invested in that case hiring Dr. Baden. Google Dr. Baden. He is a world-renowned expert used in the Kennedy assassination inquest / investigation, was the expert hired by the dream team in the OJ Simpson trial. So he isn't cheap. I don't mean to try to tell people what to do. It is just that this impresses me. I like people who take me and my case seriously. Just an FYI.
LAY IT TO THEM

Ivel, KY

#70 May 27, 2012
lawsuit county wrote:
I don't know if this family has or will consider talking to an attorney, but, honestly, they need to watch out. There are a lot of attorneys. Not many would turn down such a case. That being said, realize that the vast majority are not experienced with litigation at this level but see this as easily settled meaning less work and less money for the client. The firm that represents the family this same thing happened to last year at the same facility has invested in that case hiring Dr. Baden. Google Dr. Baden. He is a world-renowned expert used in the Kennedy assassination inquest / investigation, was the expert hired by the dream team in the OJ Simpson trial. So he isn't cheap. I don't mean to try to tell people what to do. It is just that this impresses me. I like people who take me and my case seriously. Just an FYI.
Wow. How did he get him? There in trouble. Lay it to them.
lawsuit county

United States

#71 May 27, 2012
LAY IT TO THEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. How did he get him? There in trouble. Lay it to them.
I am assuming they believed in their client's case enough to find the money to go after the best they could find. I don't know. They may know the doctor. Most won't invest money like that. When you think about it, it is taking a chance, playing the odds so to say. Ballzee!!!
Abba55

Frankfort, KY

#72 May 27, 2012
Let this poor man and his family rest in peace.
LAY IT TO THEM

Wheelwright, KY

#73 May 27, 2012
Abba55 wrote:
Im sure right now emtions are running high. Some wants left alone. Some wants pay back. Some wants justice. Usually the ones that wants left alone Avoids topix. I would. But if I was p###ed off I would want to do something. The pen is said to be mighter then the sword. But in our modern time the key board. The more is said the more will be done.
lawsuit county

United States

#74 May 27, 2012
Abba55 wrote:
I have no intention of compounding anyone's pain. I recenrtly lost someone myself.
what

United States

#76 Jun 1, 2012
do what?
Bogo

New York, NY

#77 Jun 1, 2012
me wrote:
Now his girlfriend is dead too? Crazy
. What are u for real or has someone started a rumor if so why what happened .
what

Frankfort, KY

#79 Jun 1, 2012
who="me"]They say it was heart related. When the autopsy is done, they'll know more. I was told by a worker at FRMC

What is the girlfriends name?
Just wondering

Frankfort, KY

#81 Jun 1, 2012
Is this the same Jeff McKinney that used to do maintenance for Indian hills apts?
Knobber best friend

United States

#82 Jun 2, 2012
The best thing for all these punks to do is shut the hell up about my best friend Jeff..you dont know him like his close friends, he was a great man and always helped others so quit judgin my god he just was layed to rest..and people have to put shit on this site have you ever heard rest in peace...this man helped me through a domestic violence marriage was there for me and thanks to him i am here today and stronger than ever...jeff my friend rest in peace we all love you....
lawsuit county

United States

#83 Jun 6, 2012
Knobber best friend wrote:
The best thing for all these punks to do is shut the hell up about my best friend Jeff..you dont know him like his close friends, he was a great man and always helped others so quit judgin my god he just was layed to rest..and people have to put shit on this site have you ever heard rest in peace...this man helped me through a domestic violence marriage was there for me and thanks to him i am here today and stronger than ever...jeff my friend rest in peace we all love you....
I lost my best friend 8 years ago this 4th of July. Hang in there. RIP
stop

United States

#85 Jun 6, 2012
me wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say anything negative. I just find it odd that his girlfriend died just a few days after he did.
none else died!
no girl that was suppose to be his gf died!
idontknow

Frankfort, KY

#86 Jun 6, 2012
Knob Boys wrote:
<quoted text>
true. why does it matter? but the reason just was in jail was due to something that happens everyday. we have all been guilty of the same thing just not as unfortunate to be caught by the police like he did. inmate sounds so harsh! He didn't kill anyone or rob anyone. he wasn't selling drugs or using illegally. what he did wasn't right but ike I said, we all are guilty of it. and this is no reason for the people that are in authority and overseeing him to not care for him! The jail will pay for their repeated screw up!
WE are NOT all guilty of ANY crime. its funny how low lives think because they break the law everyone else does.
Knob Boys

United States

#87 Jun 7, 2012
idontknow wrote:
<quoted text>
WE are NOT all guilty of ANY crime. its funny how low lives think because they break the law everyone else does.
in perspective dumbass! you break the law everyday. is a crime, no! open mind and shut your mouth! get off this site!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hudson Hollow steakhouse opening 6 min Played out much 61
trg 20 min Answer 2
NervinWashington 23 min Cbm 8
Tammy Burleson/Johnathan Fugitives! 34 min white trash 6
Trista (Jan '14) 48 min jjj 2
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 51 min stray-cat 132,203
Lori B Shouse 57 min Nice 11
Frankfort Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Frankfort News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Frankfort

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:25 am PST