Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania in 2010?

Posted in the Forty Fort Forum

Comments (Page 1,167)

Showing posts 23,321 - 23,340 of51,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

"The GOP has become an insurgent outlier in American politics. It is ideologically extreme; scornful of compromise; unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition."
- Thomas Mann and Norm Ornstein

Any rightwinger want to debate the accuracy of THIS observation?

Because this observation is self-evident to any reasonable, neutral observer.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Dave wrote:
Biden Spends $1 Million Annually for Weekend Trips
Last June, President Obama appointed Vice President Joe Biden to root out wasteful government spending. But behind the scenes, it’s a different matter.
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Biden-weeken...
And to think some of our founding fathers were farmers and dirt poor.
and his travel concerns security issues,hence the cost.
but try

http://www.rollcall.com/issues/56_135/John-Bo...

"When John Boehner rose from Minority Leader to Speaker in January, he not only expanded his staff and his paycheck, he more than doubled the expense-account check he cashes each month.
As Minority Leader, the Ohio Republican had received a direct payment of $833 each month from taxpayers to cover “official expenses for leaders,” the same monthly total then-Majority Leader Steny Hoyer received.
But Boehner now receives a monthly $2,083.33 direct payment for expenses, according to the most recent expenditure reports from the Clerk of the House. Because the total of the expense payment is the same each month, it is apparently not reimbursement for individual itemized expenses.
Boehner’s office offered no details about how his monthly check is spent. "

"Boehner now appears to be the only Member of the House accepting this money in direct payments each month."
dbar

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

If the Republicans ever find out that Barack Obama favors respiration, we'll be a one-party system inside of two minutes. - Alan Lewis
TaxNoMore

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Dan the Man
Carlisle, PA

sez

Forgive me for noting that conservatives seem to believe that the rich will work harder if we give them more, and the poor will work harder if we give them less.
- E. J. Dionne

Any local rightwinger want to debate the accuracy of this observation?

Your request for eighty dollars, I do not think it best to comply with now.

At the various times when I have helped you a little, you have said to me,“We can get along very well now,” but in a very short time I find you in the same difficulty again.

Now this can only happen by some defect in your conduct. What that defect is, I think I know. You are not lazy, and still you are an idler. I doubt whether since I saw you, you have done a good whole day’s work, in any one day.

You do not very much dislike to work, and still you do not work much, merely because it does not seem to you that you could get much for it.

This habit of uselessly wasting time, is the whole difficulty; and it is vastly important to you, and still more so to your children, that you should break this habit.

It is more important to them, because they have longer to live, and can keep out of an idle habit before they are in it easier than they can get out after they are in.

You are now in need of some ready money; and what I propose is, that you shall go to work,“tooth and nail,” for somebody who will give you money for it. Let father and your boys take charge of things at home-prepare for a crop, and make the crop; and you go to work for the best money wages, or in discharge of any debt you owe, that you can get. And to secure you a fair reward for your labor, I now promise you that for every dollar you will, between this and the first of next May, get for your own labor either in money or in your own indebtedness, I will then give you one other dollar. By this, if you hire yourself at ten dollars a month, from me you will get ten more, making twenty dollars a month for your work.

In this, I do not mean you shall go off to St. Louis, or the lead mines, or the gold mines, in California, but I mean for you to go at it for the best wages you can get close to home, in Coles County.

Now if you will do this, you will soon be out of debt, and what is better, you will have a habit that will keep you from getting in debt again.

But if I should now clear you out, next year you will be just as deep in as ever.

You say you would almost give your place in Heaven for $70 or $80. Then you value your place in Heaven very cheaply, for I am sure you can with the offer I make you get the seventy or eighty dollars for four or five months’ work. You say if I furnish you the money you will deed me the land, and if you don’t pay the money back, you will deliver possession-Nonsense! If you can’t now live with the land, how will you then live without it? You have always been kind to me, and I do not now mean to be unkind to you. On the contrary, if you will but follow my advice, you will find it worth more than eight times eighty dollars to you.

Affectionately your brother.

Abraham Lincoln
Mitt vs Mutt

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

The most-buzzed-about provisions in Obama's health care program have taken effect. Since September 2010, children have been able to stay on their parents’ health care plan until age 26. Last year, senior citizens started receiving free preventive care, and those who reached the gap in Medicare Part D coverage started receiving a 50 percent discount on their prescription drugs.

Nearly 4 million senior citizens have been helped by the change, but that represents just 10 percent of the elderly population, noted David Certner, the legislative policy director at AARP. Senior citizens are waiting to see if the other benefits they count on will change once the law is fully implemented, he said.

Advocacy groups argue that a similar wait-and-see approach is playing out among other populations. Republicans have been very effective at turning opposition to the individual mandate provision into a broad attack on the validity of the entire law. Proponents of the law continue to say the components of the new law are popular, even if the overall legislation isn’t.

If we have to pay for 2 wars that Bush started,lets take care of our people also.
TaxNoMore

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Dan the Man wrote:
"The GOP has become an insurgent outlier in American politics. It is ideologically extreme; scornful of compromise; unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition."
- Thomas Mann and Norm Ornstein
Any rightwinger want to debate the accuracy of THIS observation?
Because this observation is self-evident to any reasonable, neutral observer.

Anything else today?

"Screwtape"
Dave

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
but try
"When John Boehner rose from Minority Leader to Speaker in January, he not only expanded his staff and his paycheck, he more than doubled the expense-account check he cashes each month.
As Minority Leader, the Ohio Republican had received a direct payment of $833 each month from taxpayers to cover “official expenses for leaders,” the same monthly total then-Majority Leader Steny Hoyer received.
But Boehner now receives a monthly $2,083.33 direct payment for expenses, according to the most recent expenditure reports from the Clerk of the House. Because the total of the expense payment is the same each month, it is apparently not reimbursement for individual itemized expenses.
"Boehner now appears to be the only Member of the House accepting this money in direct payments each month."
I say the same for him too. And to think some of our founding fathers were farmers and dirt poor.

TaxNoMore

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
but try

Obama campaign gets more Air Force aircraft

The U.S. Air Force is pulling nine cargo aircraft from military operations to support President Barack Obama’s stepped-up visits to campaign events.

The five medium-capacity C-130s and four heavyweight C-17s will be used to ferry security vehicles, armored limousines and communications gear into cities ahead of Obama’s campaign appearances.

In the months before November, the president is expected to fly into multiple cities per week, and speak at multiple sites per day. On Mar. 8, for example, the president will fly to Richmond, and then drive over to a Rolls-Royce aircraft-parts factory. That evening, he’ll fly down to Houston, Texas.

His wife, Vice President Joe Biden and many of his cabinet secretaries are using the Air Force’s fleet of VIP aircraft to visit more states as the election season speeds up.

The nine cargo aircraft will begin operations in April, said Maj. Michelle Lai, communications officer for the Air Force’s 89th Airlift Wing.“They’ll stand down in November 2012,” she said.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/09/obamas-camp...

Cains sex addiction

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Dan the Man wrote:
LMAO!
Last year I noted that Herman Cain wasn't really ever interested in becoming President. His campaign really was a campaign for a slot on the Fox "news" network.
I missed it by this much...
----------
Herman Cain to Host a National Radio Show
Herman Cain, the one-time Republican presidential candidate, will begin hosting a nationally syndicated radio talk show in January, his syndication company said Monday.
Mr. Cain’s talk show will be offered to stations in place of “The Neal Boortz Show,” which will end at the same time. Mr. Boortz said Monday that he was retiring from his show, which has been broadcast in one form or another for 42 years.
----------
Sooooo predictable. LMAO!
Mr. Boortz wanted to retire in 2009, but he said Sean Hannity, a friend and Fox News Channel host, urged him to stay through the election.

I'd love to hear about Cains cheating on his wife for 15 years!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! !!!!!!!!
Sean controls his puppets
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
OBAMA 2012 FOUR MORE YEARS!!!
HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!
TaxNoMore

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Dan the Man wrote:
LMAO!
Last year I noted that Herman Cain wasn't really ever interested in becoming President. His campaign really was a campaign for a slot on the Fox "news" network.
I missed it by this much...
----------
Herman Cain to Host a National Radio Show
Herman Cain, the one-time Republican presidential candidate, will begin hosting a nationally syndicated radio talk show in January, his syndication company said Monday.
Mr. Cain’s talk show will be offered to stations in place of “The Neal Boortz Show,” which will end at the same time. Mr. Boortz said Monday that he was retiring from his show, which has been broadcast in one form or another for 42 years.
----------

Keith Olbermann

TaxNoMore

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Dan the Man
Hanover, PA

sez

Tell you what - if you want to debate issues, then respond on the issues.

Dan the Man
Hanover, PA

sez

Really?

It's fair that they pay 10% to 15% while the rest of us pay 30%?

Maybe you don't know the meaning of the word

"fair."

LOL!

c'mon danny boy debate
TaxNoMore

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

OBAMA 2012 FOUR MORE YEARS!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!

Be Proud!!!!

Say it Loud!!!!

“First Gay President”

With A Little Rainbow Halo Over His Head.

Aaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa, ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, ha,ha,ha
TaxNoMore

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Dan the Man wrote:
Forgive me for noting that conservatives seem to believe that the rich will work harder if we give them more, and the poor will work harder if we give them less.
- E. J. Dionne

Mr. Walker, who cast his own vote at a school in this city’s suburbs not long after the polls opened, is only the third governor in the nation’s history to face a recall election.

Under Wisconsin's provisions for recall — never before tested when it comes to a governor — Mr. Walker finds himself competing for his job against Mayor Tom Barrett of Milwaukee, the Democratic challenger.

Dave

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Mitt vs Mutt wrote:
The most-buzzed-about provisions in Obama's health care program have taken effect. Since September 2010, children have been able to stay on their parents’ health care plan until age 26. Last year, senior citizens started receiving free preventive care, and those who reached the gap in Medicare Part D coverage started receiving a 50 percent discount on their prescription drugs.
Nearly 4 million senior citizens have been helped by the change, but that represents just 10 percent of the elderly population, noted David Certner, the legislative policy director at AARP. Senior citizens are waiting to see if the other benefits they count on will change once the law is fully implemented, he said.
Advocacy groups argue that a similar wait-and-see approach is playing out among other populations. Republicans have been very effective at turning opposition to the individual mandate provision into a broad attack on the validity of the entire law. Proponents of the law continue to say the components of the new law are popular, even if the overall legislation isn’t.
If we have to pay for 2 wars that Bush started,lets take care of our people also.

Obama has been in office for three and a half years, what has changed as far as wars and the US meddling in a foreign countries business? We are still accumulating debt for these wars with our involvement, direct or through the UN.

What did Bush spend in his eight years compared to Obama’s three and a half years? Are we really better off now than before?

If we would mind our own business and stop being the world police how much money would be available to spend on our own?

If we stopped giving world aid, especially to countries who hate the U.S. and treat their own people like garbage how much money would be available to spend on our own?

We can have a republican or democrat in office and the waste will continue. We are divided as a country and this must change. The democrats blame the republicans and the republicans blame the democrats. One party is not to blame, both party's are too blame.

If we do not unite as a country we are doomed.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

TaxNoMore wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama campaign gets more Air Force aircraft
The U.S. Air Force is pulling nine cargo aircraft from military operations to support President Barack Obama’s stepped-up visits to campaign events.
The five medium-capacity C-130s and four heavyweight C-17s will be used to ferry security vehicles, armored limousines and communications gear into cities ahead of Obama’s campaign appearances.
In the months before November, the president is expected to fly into multiple cities per week, and speak at multiple sites per day. On Mar. 8, for example, the president will fly to Richmond, and then drive over to a Rolls-Royce aircraft-parts factory. That evening, he’ll fly down to Houston, Texas.
His wife, Vice President Joe Biden and many of his cabinet secretaries are using the Air Force’s fleet of VIP aircraft to visit more states as the election season speeds up.
The nine cargo aircraft will begin operations in April, said Maj. Michelle Lai, communications officer for the Air Force’s 89th Airlift Wing.“They’ll stand down in November 2012,” she said.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/09/obamas-camp...
again security issues,hence the cost.
from your own source

"The Air Force allocated extra aircraft to support President George W. Bush when he was running for re-election in 2004, she added."

guess the daily caller was busy looking the other way when President Bush did the exact same thing.
When the leader of the House pockets expense money i guess they look the other way as well.
typical of the right wing
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
I say the same for him too. And to think some of our founding fathers were farmers and dirt poor.
Some were.

Most were not:

----------

The 1787 delegates practiced a wide range of high and middle-status occupations, and many pursued more than one career simultaneously. They did not differ dramatically from the Loyalists, except they were generally younger and less senior in their professions.[13] Thirty-five had legal training, though not all of them practiced law. Some had also been local judges.[14]

- At the time of the convention, 13 men were merchants: Blount, Broom, Clymer, Dayton, Fitzsimons, Shields, Gilman, Gorham, Langdon, Robert Morris, Pierce, Sherman, and Wilson.
- Seven were major land speculators: Blount, Dayton, Fitzsimons, Gorham, Robert Morris, Washington and Wilson.
- Eleven speculated in securities on a large scale: Bedford, Blair, Clymer, Dayton, Fitzsimons, Franklin, King, Langdon, Robert Morris, Charles Cotesworth Pinckney, and Sherman.
- Fourteen owned or managed slave-operated plantations or large farms: Bassett, Blair, Blount, Butler, Carroll, Jenifer, Jefferson, Madison, Mason, Charles Pinckney, Charles Cotesworth Pinckney, Rutledge, Spaight, and Washington.
- Many wealthy Northerners owned domestic slaves: Franklin later freed his slaves and was a key founder of the Pennsylvania Anti-Slavery Society. Jay founded the New York Manumission Society in 1785, for which Hamilton became an officer. They and other members of the Society founded the African Free School in New York City, to educate the children of free blacks and slaves. When Jay was governor of New York in 1798, he signed into law a gradual abolition law; fully ending slavery as of 1827. He freed his own slaves in 1798.
- Broom and Few were small farmers.
- Eight of the men received a substantial part of their income from public office: Baldwin, Blair, Brearly, Gilman, Livingston, Madison, and Rutledge.
Three had retired from active economic endeavors: Franklin, McHenry, and Mifflin.
- Franklin and Williamson were scientists, in addition to their other activities.
- McClurg, McHenry, and Williamson were physicians, and Johnson was a college president.
TaxNoMore

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
from your own source
"The Air Force allocated extra aircraft to support President George W. Bush when he was running for re-election in 2004, she added."
guess the daily caller was busy looking the other way when President Bush did the exact same thing.
When the leader of the House pockets expense money i guess they look the other way as well.

Bush did the exact same thing.

Bush did the exact same thing.

Plausible deniability:

Obama’s hands were all over Solyndra

PHOENIX, March 22, 2012—President Barack Obama today once again thwarted honesty to claim that the failed solar energy company, Solyndra, was not the administration’s program,“per se.”

In an interview with Marketplace.org , the president pivoted from taking the blame for the failed Solyndra deal and instead blamed its rupture on Congress.

“This was not our program, per se,” the President said,

“Congress—Democrats and Republicans—put together a loan guarantee program because they understood historically that when you get new industries, it's easy to raise money for startups, but if you want to take them to scale, oftentimes there's a lot of risk involved, and what the loan guarantee program was designed to do was to help start up companies get to scale.”

What Obama left out of that interview was the immense payday Obama campaign bundlers and investors received from the Solyndra loan deal—something that the Obama administration had huge participation in.

Simultaneously, emails obtained by The Washington Post show that officials from the Office of Management and Budget felt like the White House put too much pressure on them to approve the Solyndra loan.

“We would prefer to have sufficient time to do our due diligence reviews,” the emails read.

In conjunction with White House pressure, Steve Spinner, a major Obama 2008 fundraiser and now an advisor for the Department of Energy, wrote in an email about the final decision urging them to approve it,

“how f*cking hard is this?”

Today that investigation is still ongoing and no new developments have arisen.

However, since the Solyndra disaster, it has been confirmed that well over $3.9 billion in federal funds went to 21 “clean-energy” companies that have strong ties to top Obama officials. To put that into perspective, the Solyndra loan was only $535 million or 13.7%.

So when Obama today claims that Solyndra was not his “program, per se,” you can clearly see that he is trying to run from his outright failure.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighb...

When the leader of the “First Gay President” pockets expense money I guess they look the other way as well.
TaxNoMore

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
from your own source

Be Proud!!!!

Say it Loud!!!!

“First Gay President”

TaxNoMore

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

June 5, 2012, 11:23 a.m. EDT

Obama hopes dim with results of economic missteps
Commentary:

Too late to change course from failed policies

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch)— The chances that Barack Obama will be limited to one term as president increased significantly with last week’s unemployment report.

The report for May showed a new uptick in unemployment, to 8.2%, and seemed to indicate that economic and employment growth will remain sluggish between now and the election in November, especially as the situation in Europe continues to worsen.

There’s not much Obama can do about it at this point. He can continue to blame the Bush administration and Republican policies. He can point a finger at an obstructionist Congress, which has blocked many of his measures. He can question whether Mitt Romney can do any better.

Reuters
President Barack Obama participates in a Democratic party election fund-raiser in Chicago last week.
But none of this is likely to work.

It is now time to pay the piper for the timidity and caution and misguided political calculations of three years of what can now safely be described as a failed economic policy.

It will be difficult for Obama to criticize the Republican playbook, since he has been reading from the same pages. His only real departure is to have millionaires pay a tax rate a few percentage points higher, and that wouldn‘t fix everything.

Obama can’t tell the nation we shouldn’t go back to failed Republican policies, because we never really gave them up. Now they have become failed Democratic policies.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/obama-hopes-...

Be Proud!!!!

Say it Loud!!!!

“First Gay President”

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Roger, look, I know you built a reputation of making dumbass posts.

But really, using "Dave" to make you appear as smart as I am just ain't working.

Trust me. You're still an idiot.

OK maybe not as dumb as TaxNoMore but let's be honest here, is anyone dumber than TaxNoMore?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 23,321 - 23,340 of51,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Forty Fort Discussions

Search the Forty Fort Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 5 hr Cut and paste and bitter 3,801
Where can you get the 2013 income tax forms. (Jan '13) Jul 18 s velmurugan 6
Former Ebay Sellers group on Facebook come join... Jul 17 FormerEbaySeller 2
Costco Jul 15 Shane 1
any wives chea ting on husbands with significan... Jul 10 mayoroftrs 1
any gils want to k ik Jul 9 mayoroftrs 1
Start cutting down dangerous trees in Pringle. Jul 8 Jeff 1
•••
•••
•••
Forty Fort Dating

more search filters

less search filters