Topix Gossip: The People of Fort Stockton

Posted in the Fort Stockton Forum

Shocked

Crane, TX

#1 Jun 28, 2010
It's been awhile since I've visited Fort Stockton Topix. I used to come here to keep up with the local news and info. I consider myself pretty friendly and sociable, but keep a small group of friends. Guess you could say I'm not a "Fort Stockton Socialite", and not into alot of people's business. Today, one of my relatives from out of town asked me if I had read the Topix and said I would be surprised when I read it.

Surpised was an understatement. I'm truly shocked when I came to read Topix tonite. In the past, there has been one or two "gossipy" forums, but it's turned to total trash. Not only am I shocked to read the forums tonight, but I'm truly embarrassed. I'm second guessing the caliber of people that live in this town, and questioning the goodness of the community as a whole. Do some people feel better about themselves when they trash their neighbors? That's the first sign of poor self-esteem, is it not? Do you realize that these forums are read by people from all over? What exactly does this say about our community? About you personally? I guess that's why everyone uses fake names, so they can talk trash and not reveal their true identity.

I'm sure I'll be bashed for writing this, but I hope, instead, that others who agree write in their 2 cents. Can't we talk about the good people of Stockton...and yes, there are good people residing in Fort Stockton. It's sickening to see the backstabbing, namecalling nonsense that's been written on these forums. Man up or Woman up if you have an issue with someone...do it the old fashioned way, face to face, if you have the gumption to do so. If you don't have the juevos to confront someone face to face, why come here to write about it? You and I are not here to judge, leave that to God, or whomever might be of your Higher Power. Just because you can hide behind a keyboard, does not mean that you can hide from Him. Regardless of your faith, I'm not sure how anyone could enjoy being just downright "mean".

The hate will continue on these forums, but I do hope some folks can start writing some positive on here. Until then folks, just try be kind to each other. I'm out of here for awhile....
Akb

Midland, TX

#2 Jun 28, 2010
Thank u so much "Shocked" for your pearls of wisdom. Ur thoughts r right on. I too am appalled by the juvenile and downrite nasty things being "discussed" on this forum. Write about good things and or topics that affect our town. Be proactive in your oppions but not like this. i hope more people with sense and intelligence will use this forum for some good instead of petty B.S."pardon my French" that I have read on here. not the mention the danger you could be putting these people in writing peoples' whole names and places of work and or business. Its irresponsible someone could get hurt. There are alot of people out there who look for opportunities to stalk and hurt people because of the info given out on things like this. PEOPLE IN GLASS HOUSES SHOULD NOT THROW ROCKS!
Rising above it

Midland, TX

#3 Jun 29, 2010
I completely agree with you Akb and Shocked. These people don't stop to think who they are hurting with their words. I can't believe how many names are mentioned on here...with last names at that. If you have a problem with someone discuss it face to face with that individual; don't broadcast their business on the internet for the whole world to see. Obviously none of you have enough backbone to confront anyone... It's pathetic! No wonder so many people leave FS and never come back. It's all good and well, till you look on here one day and YOU are the topic of discussion yourself.

And for all of you that are mentioned in these ridiculous forums...rise above it! Regardless of what these people think of you, no one can judge you until they have walked a day in your shoes. Worry about the approval of those who really matter in your life, that is all that matters.

A man is likely to mind his own business when it is worth minding. When it is not, he takes his mind off his own MEANINGLESS affairs by minding other peoples business.
usolow

Midland, TX

#4 Jun 29, 2010
Then go elsewhere to read your updates!!!!
Rising above it

Odessa, TX

#5 Jan 21, 2012
I posted the above comment almost two years ago. I can see that nothing has changed about this site. Sadly, it's gotten much worse. Thank goodness I don't reside there anymore; I go there on occassion, but I won't ever go back there to live. I made that mistake years ago and won't make it again.
Agrees

United States

#6 Jan 23, 2012
Topix is being run by a bunch of immature, uneducated, mindless, teenagers, and young 'adults' if you really want to call them that! If you pay attention to how these idiots write, and spell you'll come to one conclusion: they didn't finish high school, or don't use spell checks, or a dictionary. I am not surprised to see people's full names on here because, these teens seem to have nothing better to do than HATE on everyone else. If you don't want to be embarrassed by the idiots of Fort Stockton, then don't get onto Topix. It's that simple. I have read several Forums addressing this very "issue" and it hasn't changed, and I seriously doubt it will. The parents of these teens need to stop them from getting on here, and Facebook. Until that happens, we won't see a change on FS Topix. Sad, but TRUE!
Happy Feet

Odessa, TX

#7 Jan 26, 2012
HOLA
Marilee Salazar

Midland, TX

#8 Jun 26, 2012
Salazar family
well put

San Angelo, TX

#9 Jun 26, 2012
I agree, perfect example even in this post is Akb. Using "ur" in place of your and "r" instead of are. Although their comment was good and not intended to be rude, it still shows how people get on her and try to be smart and mature. And no pun intended Akb. Just using your post as an example.
Agrees wrote:
Topix is being run by a bunch of immature, uneducated, mindless, teenagers, and young 'adults' if you really want to call them that! If you pay attention to how these idiots write, and spell you'll come to one conclusion: they didn't finish high school, or don't use spell checks, or a dictionary. I am not surprised to see people's full names on here because, these teens seem to have nothing better to do than HATE on everyone else. If you don't want to be embarrassed by the idiots of Fort Stockton, then don't get onto Topix. It's that simple. I have read several Forums addressing this very "issue" and it hasn't changed, and I seriously doubt it will. The parents of these teens need to stop them from getting on here, and Facebook. Until that happens, we won't see a change on FS Topix. Sad, but TRUE!
DDs

Odessa, TX

#10 Jun 28, 2012
RISE ABOVE HATE CENA
Helo

Taylor Ridge, IL

#11 Jun 29, 2012
I r stupid and i like tlk crap bout peeps bcuz it fun ta tlk crap bout oder peeps

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Stockton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tom from California would like to say thank you... 6 hr bigjohnson 1
GFW wow they never cease to amaze me 7 hr ex member 4 a reason 11
los mentados loosers 9 hr que verguenza 1
Swingers in Ft.Stockton (Jun '12) 14 hr Rockyroad 13
my girl rather love her dog (Aug '10) 22 hr Benny19 13
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Wed Fossilfarts 549
Nicest looking women Wed Jose 12
Fort Stockton Dating
Find my Match

Fort Stockton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fort Stockton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fort Stockton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:11 pm PST

NBC Sports 8:11PM