What are your thoughts on the trash petition?

Created by Trash Petition on Jul 24, 2012

18 votes

Click on an option to vote

Signed it

Haven't signed it yet

Wont sign it

Directors shouldn't be gathering signatures

Petitions don't belong in churches

It is ok for Directors to gather signatures

Will challenge the petition do to wording

Petition doesn't effect me because I have automate

Busy work

Fort Smith, AR

#1 Jul 24, 2012
Well, at least it is keeping joel culberson off the streets and busy.
legal

Houston, TX

#2 Jul 24, 2012
Busy work wrote:
Well, at least it is keeping joel culberson off the streets and busy.
maybe the fort smith leadership is finally learning from the people because when the people did not want the prepared food tax, the people collected petitions and forced the cities hand after being harrassed with subpoenas! maybe the people should subpoena the directors and put them under oath for answers! turn the tables on the fools and watch them squirm!
Citizen

Fort Smith, AR

#3 Jul 24, 2012
legal wrote:
<quoted text> maybe the fort smith leadership is finally learning from the people because when the people did not want the prepared food tax, the people collected petitions and forced the cities hand after being harrassed with subpoenas! maybe the people should subpoena the directors and put them under oath for answers! turn the tables on the fools and watch them squirm!
So it's okay to run a campaign of fear and disinformation when it supports your backwater ass, but the orderly and professional gathering of petitions to force EVERYONE to be treated the same way when it comes to sanitation isn't to be allowed?
Kind of smacks of cronyism if you ask me.
money for signatures

Fort Smith, AR

#4 Jul 25, 2012
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's okay to run a campaign of fear and disinformation when it supports your backwater ass, but the orderly and professional gathering of petitions to force EVERYONE to be treated the same way when it comes to sanitation isn't to be allowed?
Kind of smacks of cronyism if you ask me.
the PFT people never had to PAY people to collect signatures. So much for the will of the people

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 7 hr Quest 29,893
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) Mon Sonny Boy 10,061
5News Smile Makeover Contest (Jan '08) Sep 27 Sandy 103
Concerned mother and citizen Sep 27 Missus S 1
AR Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) Sep 27 Guest 854
Test Sep 26 Greenwood BS 1
AR Who do you support for Attorney General in Arka... (Oct '10) Sep 26 booget 412

Fort Smith Jobs

Fort Smith People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fort Smith News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fort Smith

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]