Gangs!: how are they effecting Ft. Smith?

Posted in the Fort Smith Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 97 Comments Last updated Wednesday Jul 9
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
SOUTH SIDE

Fort Smith, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 3, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Now I herd of all kinds of Fort Smith gangs, especialy South side gangs:

MS 13
Fx13
Bloods
Crips
Krubz
STS
Hit Squad
Mob Squad
SSL
SBA
LOC
FBM

“Save the children from ”

Since: Mar 08

Texarkana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 3, 2008
 

Judged:

1

The worst gang in Fort Smith is Tony Alamo and gang of pedophiles and child abusers.
Ray Coleman

Fort Smith, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 4, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

It's lamentable that a reader could misspell 'heard' as 'herd' in a comment to the editor, but it is inexcusable for that editor to misuse the word 'effecting' when he or she meant the word 'affecting.' Yes, English is a persnickity language and many of its rules are archaic and arbitrary. But so are many traffic laws, and just try disobeying them without penalty.
Not My Name

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 21, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

rzrbkfan wrote:
wear
geez, wasnt that embarrassing?
Carol

Fort Smith, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 23, 2008
 

Judged:

1

LOL . Well thank you for the information. I didnt even know that those gangs were here. Of course I dont live in the city of Fort Smith, but near it. Ive noticed and huge increase in hispanic population that speaks no or little english. If our law enforcers dont get on the ball, we will turn into LA. Now before everyone yells racist, Ill add. I have many hispanic freinds who are sweet people. But when there are no boundaries that are enforced, confusion comes in and you cant tell the bad from the good. The evil begins to hide within the light and change it. So just do nothing law enforcers and it will come and you will be accountable for it because you did nothing and it was your job.
Arkansas

Fort Smith, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 22, 2008
 
Now I herd of all kinds of Fort Smith gangs, especialy Asian gangs:

Crips
Bloods
OBL
YOG
LOB
YOB
LOC
SOC
TOC
MLC
Wow

Fort Smith, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 22, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Ms. Carol may I ask what you think the Officers should do? As you said yourself "confusion comes in and you can't tell the bad from the good", now if the officers don't catch people(not just Hispanics) breaking the law, what are they supposed to do? You can't arrest someone before they commit a crime and you can't arrest someone just because they may fit the profile of a criminal. So again I ask what should they do?

“Save the children from ”

Since: Mar 08

Texarkana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 23, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Wow wrote:
Ms. Carol may I ask what you think the Officers should do? As you said yourself "confusion comes in and you can't tell the bad from the good", now if the officers don't catch people(not just Hispanics) breaking the law, what are they supposed to do? You can't arrest someone before they commit a crime and you can't arrest someone just because they may fit the profile of a criminal. So again I ask what should they do?
Fort Smith police should start stopping unknown faces of the Hispanics to do background checks, it they are illegal they should be deported! The Fort Smith police stop stop American people everyday for no reason at all except to do a background check so this should not be a problem.

We are in a recession and there are thousands of Americans without jobs right now becouse of cut backs and layoffs, The American people needs these jobs that the illegals are doing!

“Save the children from ”

Since: Mar 08

Texarkana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 23, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Another thing that can be done is the city inspectors and code enforcement can start stopping at any and all residential and commercial jobs to enforce Workman's comp (like they do in Florida) a illegal worker cannot be covered by Workman's comp!

“Hi! I'm no longer here. ”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 23, 2008
 
Ray Coleman wrote:
It's lamentable that a reader could misspell 'heard' as 'herd' in a comment to the editor, but it is inexcusable for that editor to misuse the word 'effecting' when he or she meant the word 'affecting.' Yes, English is a persnickity language and many of its rules are archaic and arbitrary. But so are many traffic laws, and just try disobeying them without penalty.
I suspect the topic starter is the first poster who may attend Southside. Perhaps, they are lacking in the English department there.
Carol

Fort Smith, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 4, 2009
 
Wouldnt you think they would have been doing undercover work on this already, seeing as our borders are wide open and theres lots more to come.
The Jetts

Van Buren, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 5, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

The Fort Smith gangs had better not come down to Alma and mess with our gangs. We are really tough
JR-Fresh

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 6, 2009
 
Oo and when I say northside is where it is, I mean I rep Northside, not 5 0 come get us... so don't get me twisted with curtis jackson. AWWWWWWWREADY!!!
Not Looking

Fort Smith, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 7, 2009
 
stay on topic guys, who cares about a misspelling here or there.

anyways, I have a hard time believing there are THAT many gangs in Fort Smith... I mean REAL gangs... not just groups of poeple who call themselves by their street number or something... I guess it's possible but they would have to be located almost exclusively in extreme north Fort Smith as I've been all over the rest of town and have never once run into anything that I would call a true "gang" like you have in bigger cities (and yes I've lived in bad areas of bigger cities where true gangs DO exist).

I know we do have a gang task force in the police department that cracks down anytime anything substantial tries to pop up, so maybe they are controlling it?

All I know is if we had that many gangs in town, everyone would know it.
Wow

Fort Smith, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 14, 2009
 

Judged:

1

CAJUN PACA wrote:
<quoted text>Fort Smith police should start stopping unknown faces of the Hispanics to do background checks, it they are illegal they should be deported! The Fort Smith police stop stop American people everyday for no reason at all except to do a background check so this should not be a problem.
We are in a recession and there are thousands of Americans without jobs right now becouse of cut backs and layoffs, The American people needs these jobs that the illegals are doing!
CAJUN PACA wrote:
<quoted text>Fort Smith police should start stopping unknown faces of the Hispanics to do background checks, it they are illegal they should be deported! The Fort Smith police stop stop American people everyday for no reason at all except to do a background check so this should not be a problem.
We are in a recession and there are thousands of Americans without jobs right now becouse of cut backs and layoffs, The American people needs these jobs that the illegals are doing!
First of all it is illegal to stop anyone without probable cause. Second, officers do not stop people just to run a background check on them, because that would be illegal. Third, the "unknown" faces of Hispanics are the one's not breaking the law. Again to stop people just because they are Hispanic would be considered Racial Profiling and that is illegal. So again, what are Law Enforcement supposed to do?

I agree that if an illegal is caught here they should be deported, but first you have to catch them. An officer can’t just go up to someone because they are Hispanic and demand to see proof of their U.S. citizenship or their green card. For one if they did and that person was a U.S. citizen then that officer just violated their Civil rights. Civil rights attorneys would eat that up, not only a lawsuit against the Department the officer work’s for, but against the officer himself (or herself)…

I agree 100% that our Economy is suffering, but not because Law Enforcement Officers are not doing their job. If your looking to blame someone for the recession blame the government, I assure you that Police Officers have nothing to do with layoffs, cutbacks or Illegal’s being hired in place of U.S. citizen's…

“Save the children from ”

Since: Mar 08

Texarkana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 15, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
First of all it is illegal to stop anyone without probable cause. Second, officers do not stop people just to run a background check on them, because that would be illegal. Third, the "unknown" faces of Hispanics are the one's not breaking the law. Again to stop people just because they are Hispanic would be considered Racial Profiling and that is illegal. So again, what are Law Enforcement supposed to do?
I agree that if an illegal is caught here they should be deported, but first you have to catch them. An officer can’t just go up to someone because they are Hispanic and demand to see proof of their U.S. citizenship or their green card. For one if they did and that person was a U.S. citizen then that officer just violated their Civil rights. Civil rights attorneys would eat that up, not only a lawsuit against the Department the officer work’s for, but against the officer himself (or herself)…
I agree 100% that our Economy is suffering, but not because Law Enforcement Officers are not doing their job. If your looking to blame someone for the recession blame the government, I assure you that Police Officers have nothing to do with layoffs, cutbacks or Illegal’s being hired in place of U.S. citizen's…
Obviously you haven't walked down the streets of Fort Smith much, The police there consider that probable cause. They do it all the time. Like I said considering that they do it all the time it should not be a problem..

“Save the children from ”

Since: Mar 08

Texarkana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 15, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

SAD!!!!
---








Letter by a Florida teacher. A teacher speaks



This is a subject close to my heart. Do you know that we have adult students at the school where I teach who are not US citizens and who get the PELL grant, which is a federal grant (no pay back required) plus other federal grants to go to school?


One student from the Dominican Republic told me that she didn't want me to find a job for her after she finished my program, because she was getting housing from our housing department and she was getting a PELL grant which paid for her total tuition and books, plus money leftover.






She was looking into WAIT which gives students a CREDIT CARD for gas to come to school, and into CARIBE which is a special program (check it out - I did) for immigrants and it pays for child care and all sorts of needs while they go to school or training. The one student I just mentioned told me she was not going to be a US Citizen because she plans to return to the Dominican Republic someday and that she 'loves HER country.'









I asked her if she felt guilty taking what the US is giving her and then not even bothering to become a citizen and she told me that it doesn't bother her, because that is what the money is there for!









I asked the CARIBE administration about their program and if you ARE a US Citizen, you don't qualify for their program. And all the while, I am working a full day, my son-in-law works more than 60 hours a week, and everyone in my family works and pays for our education.









Something is wrong here. I am sorry but after hearing they want to sing the National Anthem in Spanish - enough is enough. Nowhere did they sing it in Italian, Polish, Irish (Celtic), German or any other language because of i mmigration. It was written by Francis Scott Key and should be sung word for word the way it was written. The news broadcasts even gave the translation -- not even close.Sorry if this offends anyone but this is MY COUNTRY.




IF IT IS YOUR COUNTRY SPEAK UP -- please pass this along. I am not against immigration -- just come through like everyone else.




Get a sponsor; have a place to lay your head; have a job; pay your taxes, live by the rules AND LEARN THE LANGUAGE as all other immigrants have in the past -- and GOD BLESS AMERICA!








Wow

Fort Smith, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 21, 2009
 
CAJUN PACA wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously you haven't walked down the streets of Fort Smith much, The police there consider that probable cause. They do it all the time. Like I said considering that they do it all the time it should not be a problem..
Hmmm, I live in Ft. Smith and walk down the streets all the time... Funny, I've never been stopped by the Police... Why do you think that is, maybe because I wasn't breaking the law? You can’t expect the Police Officers to stop illegal aliens, it’s not like illegal’s wear a sign that says “hey, I’m here illegally take me away”… If it were that easy there would be no illegal’s here, now would there? I’m not trying to start any kind of cyber war here; I just think that it’s unrealistic to expect our local Law Enforcement to take care of the illegal alien problem. Like I said if it were that easy there would be no illegal’s here…

As for the Police being able to stop anyone they think might look like an illegal is ridiculous… A person who is in this county legally is either here as a legal immigrant or has a “non-immigrant visa,” meaning a tourist, student, or temporary worker visa; they have immigrant rights. If someone enters our country by unlawful means, he is by law an illegal alien, not an illegal immigrant. Police Officers have many duties, first to protect and serve the public. These are Ft. Smith AR. Officers we are talking about, how can you expect them to control the flow of illegals into our country when the border isn’t even in Ft. Smith?
Wow

Fort Smith, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jan 21, 2009
 
CAJUN PACA wrote:
The worst gang in Fort Smith is Tony Alamo and gang of pedophiles and child abusers.

I have read some of your stuff on Alamo, but is there a place to learn more? I gather from some of your posts that he is molesting children? It's hard to understand everything, when I haven't read all your posts... So is there a website or something I can catch up on? Thanks...

“Save the children from ”

Since: Mar 08

Texarkana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jan 23, 2009
 
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read some of your stuff on Alamo, but is there a place to learn more? I gather from some of your posts that he is molesting children? It's hard to understand everything, when I haven't read all your posts... So is there a website or something I can catch up on? Thanks...
Ofcorse sorry I didnt give that information sooner.

www.tonyalamonews.com

I have to agree you are right about the law.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Fort Smith Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fort Smith People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Fort Smith News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fort Smith
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••