Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#654005 May 31, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Mom? I use that on your other character. You seem to mimic what others do to you.
"On April 21, 2011 Johnson announced via Twitter, "I am running for president." He followed this announcement with a speech at the New Hampshire State House in Concord, New Hampshire. He was the first of an eventually large field to announce his candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination."
But then he realized he didn't have a snow ball's chance in hell. He still doesn't, but at least he'll be able to see his name on the ballot.
From what's I've read about him, I agree with a lot of what he has to say. I'm guessing you don't have a huge problem with private prisons.
Private prisons, great now end this phony war on drugs so we can empty them out.

"'I agree with a lot of what he has to say' but I'm still gonna vote for Mitt 'cause the neocons told me to."

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#654006 May 31, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You're too dumb to use google. I copied directly from the page.
Yeah I'll take your word for it ...

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#654007 May 31, 2012
wish i could vote for jesse ventura. hes out for some truth & justice.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#654008 May 31, 2012
The Audacity of GOP Dopes on Health Care

After attacking the Affordable Care Act for three years, Republicans now say they’d like to keep its most popular provisions. How convenient—and how clueless.

The GOP proposal to help people buy insurance would cost billions a year. Republicans only spend that kind of money on ships the Navy doesn’t want and tax cuts the rich don’t need.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/05...

“GONE FISHING”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#654009 May 31, 2012
fordmankurt wrote:
wish i could vote for jesse ventura. hes out for some truth & justice.
Jesse Ventura is a low life Buffoon,only a fool votes for buffoons..

Save your Dixie cups jackass the south will never rise again.....

CHEVY RULES

“GONE FISHING”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#654010 May 31, 2012
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE TEABAG

Joe Teabagger gets up at 6:00am to prepare his morning coffee. He fills his pot
full of good clean drinking water because some liberal fought for
minimum water quality standards.

He takes his daily medication with his first swallow of coffee. His
medications are safe to take because some liberal fought to insure
their safety and work as advertised.

All but $10.00 of his medications are paid for by his employers
medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their
employers for paid medical insurance, now joe gets it too. He prepares
his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs this day. joe's bacon is safe to
eat because some liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing
industry.

joe Teabagger takes his morning shower reaching for his shampoo; His bottle is
properly labeled with every ingredient and the amount of its contents
because some liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting
on his body and how much it contained. Joe T dresses, walks outside and
takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some tree-
hugging liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our
air.

He walks to the subway station for his government subsidized ride to
work; it saves him considerable money in parking and transportation
fees. You see, some liberal fought for affordable public
transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a
contributor.

Joe T begins his work day; he has a good job with excellent pay,
medicals benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some
liberal union members fought and died for these working standards.
joe's employer pays these standards because Joe's employer doesn't
want his employees to call the union.

If joe Teabagger is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed he'll get a worker
compensation or unemployment check because some liberal didn't think
he should loose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

It's noon time, Joe needs to make a Bank Deposit so he can pay some
bills. joe's deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some
liberal wanted to protect Joe's money from unscrupulous bankers who
ruined the banking system before the depression.
joe has to pay his Fannie Mae underwritten Mortgage and his below
market federal student loan because some stupid liberal decided that
joe T and the government would be better off if he was educated and
earned more money over his lifetime.

Joe Teabagger is home from work, he plans to visit his father this evening at
his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive to
dad's; his car is among the safest in the world because some liberal
fought for car safety standards.

He arrives at his boyhood home. He was the third generation to live
in the house financed by Farmers Home Administration because bankers
didn't want to make rural loans. The house didn't have electric until
some big government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and
demanded rural electrification.(Those rural Republicans would still
be sitting in the dark)

He is happy to see his dad who is now retired. His dad lives on Social
Security and his union pension because some liberal made sure he could
take care of himself so joe T wouldn't have to. After his visit with dad
he gets back in his car for the ride home.

He turns on a radio talk show, the host keeps saying that liberals
are bad and conservatives are good (He doesn't tell joe teabagger that his
beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit
Joe enjoys throughout his day)joe T agrees, "We don't need those big
government liberals ruining our lives; after all, I'm a self-made man
who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I
have."

Proving
"The only people who don't want to disclose the truth, are people with something to hide"
Barack Hussein Obama

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#654011 May 31, 2012
keyedup wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesse Ventura is a low life Buffoon,only a fool votes for buffoons..
Save your Dixie cups jackass the south will never rise again.....
CHEVY RULES
& you think osama, i mean obama is not a buffoon. my dixie cups full of jack & you can kiss my rebel ass while im blowing your chevy out my ford tailpipe.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#654012 May 31, 2012
PDupont wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah stupid but who gets the profits from all those sporting events? Team owners who are billionaires and who on a regular basis blackmail cities into building bigger better facilities or risk having the team leave.
OMG are you dense or what?
No Dupa, you're the dense one!

Chicago collects a 9% amusement tax on ticket sales, Cook County also collects 3%. The Cubs and White Sox combined had ticket sales of $270 million in 2011. Then there is a 9.75% city sales tax on food and drink concessions, also on souvenir and memobilia sales.

How many of those 5 million fans eat and drink at Chicago area restaurants and bars before and after the games? The major league baseball teams are cash cows for cities.

New stadiums with corporate skyboxes attract businesses also. Besides the tax revenue these cities gain jobs for their residents.

You are pitifully shallow and real f*ck'n stupidddddd!
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#654013 May 31, 2012
PDupont wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush invaded Afghanistan in December 2001; Barack Obama at the time was indeed a Senator but in the Illinois State Senate he wasn’t elected to the US Senate until 2004 moron. So how did he have any voice on the invasion imbecile?
Are you a lying POS or just abysmally stupid?
Either way Frank you’re a freaking idiot!
Obama and bin Laden were in a bitter struggle for street creds in the Muslim world. After 9/11 the Kenchurian Candidate Obama was afraid Osama bin Laden would destroy America before he could carry out his own sinister destruction plan. That's why Obama called the war in Afghanistan the right war, the war to eliminate his big rival bin Laden.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#654016 May 31, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
The Audacity of GOP Dopes on Health Care
After attacking the Affordable Care Act for three years, Republicans now say they’d like to keep its most popular provisions. How convenient—and how clueless.
The GOP proposal to help people buy insurance would cost billions a year. Republicans only spend that kind of money on ships the Navy doesn’t want and tax cuts the rich don’t need.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/05...
Republicans have led about the ACA for years.

OMG OMG OMG.

How do you end pre-existing conditions without mandates. I've been asking & not a single right winger has responded.

How will they close the doughnut hole & pay for it? Or do they plan on skipping the "pay for" aspect as they did wren they added the drug benefit?

Newville, PA

#654017 May 31, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"equate"? I was talking about your sick sense of humor and you now accuse me of equating terrorists with infants! Your entire family tree is a sick, twisted Bonsai, doody.
The US arrests Wanted Americans abroad all the time. But suddenly, the Kenyan Snake decides that ordering killings from the Oval Office is really fun! Navy SEALS, Predator strikes and clandestine removals are really cool! Especially during an election campaign!
Following the Law takes too long.
"I don't need no stinking Constitution to follow!"

How many have they arrested in the middle of Yemen. How many people will die until he is arrested.

You people just hate the act that Obama has killed more Al Qaeda leaders than your hero Bush.
fred

Milford, CT

#654019 May 31, 2012
PDupont wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn’t a ruling you dammed liar, it was a recommendation and has nothing to do with health care reform since the procedure will still be covered.
You’re an idiot.
ObamaCare rationing = abortion for boomers

America gets it.

You're an idiot
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#654020 May 31, 2012
The Right Hates Spending, Unless It Pockets the Cash

"I don’t know if it’s a conservative thing or a wealth thing or just a jerk thing, but I’ve been appalled lately at the complete lack of self-awareness of rich right-wingers. The hypocrisy of Republican millionaires who say they want to cut government spending while simultaneously asking for a government handout is staggering. How can they be that clueless? Are they missing the gene for embarrassment? Or does having your ring kissed dull the shame receptors of the soul?

Take Joe Ricketts. The billionaire businessman recently landed on the front page of The New York Times for considering a proposal to fund $10 million in ads attacking President Obama’s former minister, Jeremiah Wright. But let’s set aside the content of the ads. Focus, instead, on the stated purpose of Ricketts’s super PAC, which is nicely captured in its name: Ending Spending. That’s right: it doesn’t aim to trim or reduce government spending but to end it. How? In part by outing hypocrites who “say one thing and do another” on the subject.

So imagine my surprise when I heard about how Ricketts and his family have used the beloved Chicago Cubs as a hostage to persuade (a less charitable person would say “extort”) taxpayers to give them welfare. The Cubbies last won a World Series 103 years ago, but during the Ricketts reign they have gone from lovable losers to cynical hypocrites. After hints that the family might move the Cubs’ spring-training home from Arizona to Florida, the panicky people of Mesa handed the owners $99 million of their money.

Now Mr. Ending Spending and his son Tom Ricketts are trying the same trick on the people of Chicago, seeking $150 million of taxpayers’ money to renovate Wrigley Field, plus a share of amusement-tax revenue until the end of time—which, by the way, is coming sooner than a Cubs World Series victory. As the indispensable ThinkProgress blog noted, Joe Ricketts has smugly declared,“I think it’s a crime for our elected officials to borrow money today, to spend money today, and push the repayment of that loan out into the future on people who are not even born yet.” And yet that’s precisely what he is trying to do in Chicago. In Texas we call that chutzpah.

Ricketts, oddly, is not the only right-wing hypocrite in baseball. Former pitcher Curt Schilling should be inducted into the hall of shame as well. The state of Rhode Island has pumped $75 million of taxpayers’ money into Schilling’s unsuccessful 38 Studios, and could flush millions more down Schilling’s commode. Schilling, who earned $114 million in his baseball career, loves to lecture us bleacher bums about government spending. He campaigned for Republicans George W. Bush, John McCain, and Scott Brown because, as he said of Brown,“he’s for smaller government.” Too small to help the poor, but big enough to bail out a multimillionaire."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/05...
finding

Jonesboro, AR

#654021 May 31, 2012
Homer wrote:
Hey, you all ever notice how dumb rightwingers are? And they repeat the same dumb stuff over and over again.
It takes a dumb person to know a dumb person, but have you taken a good, long look, at the bommie?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#654022 May 31, 2012
fordmankurt wrote:
<quoted text>
& you think osama, i mean obama is not a buffoon. my dixie cups full of jack & you can kiss my rebel ass while im blowing your chevy out my ford tailpipe.
Whoa! Whoa! No one is blowing anyone's 'chevy', this is a family site. Keep your 'tailpipe' to yourself too, this isn't a gay dating site either. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#654024 May 31, 2012
happy_conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Debjinn....
Dummy!
How do you like to be insulted? By a penguin or you alter-ego?
Perhaps, but you all look alike to me, Farrnoch, envious old never weres of the stolen valor Klan.

Newville, PA

#654025 May 31, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that, then you're "government class", not "middle class."
Loser.
"Fewer than one in seven individual income taxpayers reported taxable capital gains in 2006. Over half of taxpayers with gains had incomes below $75,000, but most capital gains were reported by very high income taxpayers. The 3 percent of returns with AGI over $200,000 reported 31 percent of AGI and 83 percent of capital gains; the 0.3 percent with AGI over $1,000,000 reported 15 percent of AGI and 61 percent of capital gains. Many more Americans accrue capital gains on corporate shares they hold within tax-deferred employer-sponsored retirement plans, but they do not pay capital gains tax on these gains."

The 3 percent of returns with AGI over $200,000 reported 31 percent of AGI and 83 percent of capital gains.

83% of the capital gains were with the wealthy.

http://www.urban.org/publications/1001201.htm...
fred

Milford, CT

#654027 May 31, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans have led about the ACA for years.
OMG OMG OMG.
How do you end pre-existing conditions without mandates. I've been asking & not a single right winger has responded.
How will they close the doughnut hole & pay for it? Or do they plan on skipping the "pay for" aspect as they did wren they added the drug benefit?
The uninsured will have to buy insurance from a high risk pool. duh. ObamaCare set up insurance for people with pre existing conditions and no one bought it because it was TOO EXPENSIVE! duh

Private insurance should operate efficiently and at a profit. All America benefits.

ps

Insurance mandates are unconstitutional. duh duh

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#654029 May 31, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"Polish death camps", straight out of Barry Hussein Soetero's mouth.
Worse than embarassing.
How dumb are you, really. Hawaiian killing fields would not be Pearl Harbor? Grasping straws with swollen, fat fingers just makes you look gross as well as weak.

Newville, PA

#654030 May 31, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Terrorists like al Awlaki should be captured, sent to Gitmo, interrogated, tried before a military court, and executed after all available information has been extracted.
Killing him without interrogation was the easy option.
Invading Yemen is such a better option. Lets allow him to recruit a few hundred more suicide bombers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min IBdaMann 50,197
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Mychihuahuawillbite 307,743
Review: US Dental Depot Inc - Dental Supplies (Nov '12) 5 hr BELINDA_ROGERS 7
Experiances with surgeon Paul M. Goldberg 7 hr Potential Patient 1
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 19 hr sad 96,828
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 20 hr scirocco 69,016
Review: Adam Ryan And Levine Inc Fri Snyder Machine Co... 9
Fort Lauderdale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Fort Lauderdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:47 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:47PM
Bucs dip into college ranks for new quarterbacks coach