Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232952 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#654083 May 31, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Couple win $14million after un-masking anonymous internet trolls who labeled them sexual deviants
A Texan couple who were anonymously abused on an internet forum have won $13.8 million in damages for defamation - In what could be a landmark ruling for freedom of speech online.
Mark and Rhonda Lesher were awarded the sum by the District Court of Tarrant County, after being called sexual deviants, molesters and drug pushers on Topix.com boards created to discuss the couple's sexual assault arrest and trial in 2008.
The couple were cleared of all charges against them in January 2009 and subsequently the couple filed their civil lawsuit against the anonymous posters in February 2009.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21346...
Floriduh and Waxballs should take a shot at some cash.
Wow that's interesting.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#654084 May 31, 2012
flack wrote:
Say goodbye to your Big Gulp in NYC if Bloomberg has his way! You will not be able to buy sugared drinks over 16oz if this thing is implemented.
Damnit! Why do us independents hate gigantic size soft drinks? I may have to switch from independent to libertarian.

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere, Tennessee

#654085 May 31, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>media lackeys---excellent comment---I observed it yesterday while reading Newsday, a very liberal paper. As a sidebar to Romney's win in the Texas primary, "Obama targets Romney-Trump connection."
"President Barack Obama's re-election campaign has released a television advertisement accusing Mitt Romney of failing to stand up to "the voices of extremism" in his party. etc...'
oh, the hypocrisy! this newspaper NEVER had the same type of targeted coverage reporting on Obama-Ayers or Obama-Wright, neither in 2008 or now as Wright recently resurfaced and spoke about being offered $$ to stay quiet in 2008. Say what you will about Trump--but he is NOT AN UNREPENTANT TERRORIST or ANTI-AMERICAN RACIST MINISTER. He is a successful businessman--how horrible!!!
And I hope Romney's camp plasters that racist Jeremiah "Goddamn America" Wright's black face on every campaign ad they can ....... and hold the Kenyan phoney's feet to the fire about William Ayers, the commie terrorist.

The lamestream liberal media's days of ignoring such blatant displays of America-hating are gonna soon be over.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#654086 May 31, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Have I ever mentioned how wonderful I think you all are including you rightwingers?
You're sheer genius Homer. A liberal knight in shining armor. A beacon of light in a world of darkness.

I could go on and on, but my new lawyer says that that should cover my azz. With you anyway.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#654087 May 31, 2012
Obama Ally Artur Davis Leaves Democratic Party

Former Alabama congressman Artur Davis, who seconded Barack Obama's nomination for president four years ago, says he's leaving the Democratic Party.

The one-time rising Democratic Party star -- once described as "the Obama of Alabama" -- said on his website that he is switching his voter registration to Virginia and is considering running for office as a Republican. Davis was also critical of the Obama administration, with whom he was sometimes at odds while in Congress on issues such as health care.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpol...

Never fear, Mr. Davis. You're certainly not alone with your frustration.
carol

Windermere, FL

#654088 May 31, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>WASHINGTON (Reuters)- Republican Mitt Romney says he is running for president in search of a better America.
This week, Romney's campaign could have used a better speller.
The campaign released an iPhone app late Tuesday that features slogans supporting his campaign against Democratic President Barack Obama ahead of elections on November 6.
"We're With Mitt," read one. "American Greatness," declared another.
"A Better Amercia," proclaimed a third, a misspelling that almost instantly became the subject of jokes on social media.
http://news.yahoo.com/romneys-campaign-misspe...
Embarrassing.
I hoep Romney wisn.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#654089 May 31, 2012
flack wrote:
Since Wisconsin stopped deducting union dues from paychecks the union has lost 54% of their members. Seems given a choice(a word libtards only like when talking about abortion) more than half the people said I'd rather keep my money. Who would have thought? LMAO!!!
Glad to see the union busting agenda of the Republican party makes you happy as they work toward lower wages & benefits so the wealthy an be wealthier. Talk about redistribution of wealth.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#654090 May 31, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Black racists like you freely use slurs like "guido" but are offended by the n-word, which is no different GFY.
Guido is not a slur, it's like calling a redneck a redneck, perfectly acceptable.
carol

Windermere, FL

#654091 May 31, 2012
flack wrote:
Say goodbye to your Big Gulp in NYC if Bloomberg has his way! You will not be able to buy sugared drinks over 16oz if this thing is implemented.
We need someone in government to tell us what's best for us. Ask any liberal, the control freaks.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#654092 May 31, 2012
"Everyone knows that America is far more religious than most other developed countries.

Religious people tout our fervor as what makes us special (said in a proud Ronald Reagan voice).

The more secular denounce it as what makes us “special”(said in a mocking Saturday Night Live Church Lady voice).

A March poll by the Pew Research Center, released at the end of a particularly fanatical Republican nominating process during which religious extremism took center stage, recorded a bit of a backlash against religion.

It found for the first time that more people thought that there has been too much expression of religious faith by political leaders.

In fact, the poll found that most Americans (51 percent) believe that religious conservatives have too much control over the Republican Party. That was a record high. By comparison, a plurality (49 percent) said they don’t believe that secular liberals have too much control over the Democratic Party. That too was a record high.

The poll also found that a record number of people (54 percent) said that churches and other houses of worship should keep out of political matters."

http://campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...

Somewhere, Tennessee

#654093 May 31, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
McCain campaigned like a loser and a wimp.
We can only hope that Romney takes a more aggressive posture toward Obama and his shady past.
(Soledad O'Brien, possibly the stupidest person ever to graduate from Harvard, is a poster child for Affirmative Action college admissions.)
It's time for the conservatives & Romney to take a REAL aggressive posture toward the Kenyan phoney.

We want to see our side take the gloves off and not be afraid to step on any toes..........

I relish the thought of Barack HUSSEIN Obama being questioned point-blank in a debate about his murky, manufactured past and his commie associations.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#654094 May 31, 2012
A three judge panel of The United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit just handed down a decision declaring the anti-gay Defense of Marriage Act unconstitutional. Notably, the panel included Judges Juan Torruella and Michael Boudin, both of whom are Republican appointees. Judge Boudin, who authored the opinion, is one of the most highly regarded judges in the country; he frequently sends his former law clerks to clerk for Supreme Court justices. More analysis of his opinion will follow shortly.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/05/31/4...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#654095 May 31, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer lives for your return. He'll try to deny it.
Glad you fared those polar bears.
I never said he wasn't welcome, I said some people didn't miss him. He never wished me a happy birthday so me personally I am harboring a grudge, also a small fishing boat.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#654096 May 31, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I hoep Romney wisn.
LOL! That was funny
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#654097 May 31, 2012
Baba Yaga wrote:
New York – No more super-sized Cokes. Forget about stomach-busting 64-ounce sodas at KFC. Even 20-ounce Snapples are on Mayor Bloomberg’s latest heath-conscious hit list.
You libs are such jerks!
Gunner's going to go ballistic on this one.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#654098 May 31, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to see the union busting agenda of the Republican party makes you happy as they work toward lower wages & benefits so the wealthy an be wealthier. Talk about redistribution of wealth.
Hey! The people decided they didn't want to pay the dues. They decided they would rather spend or save the money on themselves instead of a bunch of parasites. LMAO!!!
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#654099 May 31, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
None of that makes it right to use taxpayer dollars to build sports arenas. Cities can collect the taxes without giving the revenue back in the form of subsidies.
Where are the Cubs or White Sox gonna go?
San Antonio, Portland, Charlotte, Nasdhville, New Orleans, Indianpolis, are all looking to add a MLB franchise.

Several years back Hartford lost the Whalers to Charlotte, NC. The city lost tax revenues, restaurants, bars, and half of it's non-minority nightlife. What corporation wants to move their headquarters to a city without a major league sports franchise with top notch corporate skyboxes?

Somewhere, Tennessee

#654100 May 31, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama voted against that bill because of the definitions included in it. Republicans stuck in language that changed the definition of "infant".
The Republican Party is far more interested in the Abortion Issue than abortions themselves.
Do you know how freaking stupid you sound?

Barack HUSSEIN Obama aka Barry Soetoro voted AGAINST the ban of the heinous, disgusting partial-birth abortion procedure........and you want to argue about the word "infant"???

What would the correct liberal term be? A shrimp?

P.S. Would you like to check out a link detailing that repulsive, infanticide procedure? Hold on, I'll get one for you.
fred

Milford, CT

#654101 May 31, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
"Everyone knows that America is far more religious than most other developed countries.
Religious people tout our fervor as what makes us special (said in a proud Ronald Reagan voice).
The more secular denounce it as what makes us “special”(said in a mocking Saturday Night Live Church Lady voice).
A March poll by the Pew Research Center, released at the end of a particularly fanatical Republican nominating process during which religious extremism took center stage, recorded a bit of a backlash against religion.
It found for the first time that more people thought that there has been too much expression of religious faith by political leaders.
In fact, the poll found that most Americans (51 percent) believe that religious conservatives have too much control over the Republican Party. That was a record high. By comparison, a plurality (49 percent) said they don’t believe that secular liberals have too much control over the Democratic Party. That too was a record high.
The poll also found that a record number of people (54 percent) said that churches and other houses of worship should keep out of political matters."
http://campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...
Catholics are going to crush the lizard in November

The Great Obama Blunder
Townhall.com ^| May 31, 2012 | Michael Reagan

Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:11:05 AM by Kaslin

President Obama and his wife, the health nanny in chief, obviously don't know when they've gone too far in their crusade to socialize and Obamatize America.

They couldn't stop pushing for the Obamacare mandate that would force religious organizations to pay for coverage of abortion-inducing drugs, contraception and sterilization for their employees regardless of the institution's moral or religious objections.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#654102 May 31, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Just proves there are a lot of stupid dumbass people in this country that think nanny government will take care of them in their old age. Let's buy the big house, the fancy car every year, and the luxury vacations. Screw the taxpayer when we get to old to take care of ourselves. Looks like you are one of them.
Oh Blow me. You don't know sh*t about me & just because I keep pointing out your dumbasss comments doesn't mean I did not plan for retirement, work for the government, or on the government dole like all you right wing azzholes say.

Just because I believe in a safety net like welfare & Food Stamps & Social Security, does not mean I ran out & bought too big a home & a new fancy car instead of support my family & future retirement

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 53,523
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr momma chamberlin 309,876
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 9 hr Anne 97,264
Review: Law Offices Of George Castrataro 14 hr AMEN 49
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 20 hr TRD 70,019
News Naked man rescued after getting stuck on Florid... Sun Dr Wu 4
A safe, psychedelic, plant and fungi guided bo... May 21 jjay75 2
More from around the web

Fort Lauderdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]