Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#653884 May 30, 2012
Lily Boca Raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Good riddance. Indiana secretary of state Charlie White charged with 6 felonies of voter fraud
Charlie is my brother in law. He is supposed to golf with me on Sunday.

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere, Tennessee

#653885 May 30, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Those "stings" got old a long time ago with your buddy what'sisface. He's a fraud who's been exposed so don't expect people to get all excited when another "sting" surfaces.
You saying it's a lie?

You are really f'ckn' clueless.

Somewhere, Tennessee

#653886 May 30, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Eureka!
Amusing.

What else are liberals PRO-CHOICE about?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#653887 May 30, 2012
ImFKNRight59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sematics.
So the Kenyan is against partial-birth abortion?
Oh yeah,'f' to you too.
I don't really care if he is or isn't, I'm concerned with legislation that makes a person a slave, a life-support system for what may or may not become a person.
Lily Boca Raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#653888 May 30, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Charlie is my brother in law. He is supposed to golf with me on Sunday.
Well he's on house arrest for a year, 6 felonies and no jail time

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#653889 May 30, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea whether he was guilty of anything, only what your government tells you (I know, they never lie) that's what a trial is for. If he's killed in a stand-off where he's committing crimes (like taking hostages, shooting at people) and he gets killed in the process that's a whole lot different than the government sending in a drone.
Don't know about you but I'm suspicious when the government silences someone then assures us "he was a bad guy".

Obamabot says what?

"... getting caught up in the moment? Looking for brownie points during campaign season? A government so arrogant they don't think the public will notice? I don't really blame Obama himself, its so easy in the ivory tower with all that precedent to lose sight."
Tournefort

Richmond, IN

#653890 May 30, 2012
"Artur Davis, Former Democratic Congressman, Will Switch Parties"

"... Davis, who represented Alabama's 7th congressional district for four terms as a member of the Democratic party, wrote on his website on Tuesday that he has not yet made up his mind on whether or not to run in the future. However, he has decided to change his party affiliation.

"If I were to leave the sidelines, it would be as a member of the Republican Party that is fighting the drift in this country in a way that comes closest to my way of thinking: wearing a Democratic label no longer matches what I know about my country and its possibilities," Davis wrote in a blog post...."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/30/artu...

And from that blog post ...

"A Response to Political Rumors
Originally published in Official Artur Davis"

"Tuesday • May 29, 2012 • by Artur Davis"

" ... And the question of party label in what remains a two team enterprise? That, too, is no light decision on my part: cutting ties with an Alabama Democratic Party that has weakened and lost faith with more and more Alabamians every year is one thing; leaving a national party that has been the home for my political values for two decades is quite another. My personal library is still full of books on John and Robert Kennedy, and I have rarely talked about politics without trying to capture the noble things they stood for. I have also not forgotten that in my early thirties, the Democratic Party managed to engineer the last run of robust growth and expanded social mobility that we have enjoyed; and when the party was doing that work, it felt inclusive, vibrant, and open-minded.

But parties change. As I told a reporter last week, this is not Bill Clinton’s Democratic Party (and he knows that even if he can’t say it). If you have read this blog, and taken the time to look for a theme in the thousands of words (or free opposition research) contained in it, you see the imperfect musings of a voter who describes growth as a deeper problem than exaggerated inequality; who wants to radically reform the way we educate our children; who despises identity politics and the practice of speaking for groups and not one national interest; who knows that our current course on entitlements will eventually break our solvency and cause us to break promises to our most vulnerable—that is, if we don’t start the hard work of fixing it.

On the specifics, I have regularly criticized an agenda that would punish businesses and job creators with more taxes just as they are trying to thrive again. I have taken issue with an administration that has lapsed into a bloc by bloc appeal to group grievances when the country is already too fractured: frankly, the symbolism of Barack Obama winning has not given us the substance of a united country. You have also seen me write that faith institutions should not be compelled to violate their teachings because faith is a freedom, too. You’ve read that in my view, the law can’t continue to favor one race over another in offering hard-earned slots in colleges: America has changed, and we are now diverse enough that we don’t need to accommodate a racial spoils system. And you know from these pages that I still think the way we have gone about mending the flaws in our healthcare system is the wrong way—it goes further than we need and costs more than we can bear...."

http://www.officialarturdavis.com/2012/05/a-r...
Lily Boca Raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#653891 May 30, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the point is that a president just can't win on this issue. No matter what he does, the critics are always waiting to take a bit at the apple. My position is screw public opinion, do what is best for our country. That includes assasinations or any other tactics that are justifiable. I am okay with Obama's approach just as I was with Bush. We need to protect our own, just make sure it is necessary for our protection.
That's fair, but these prisoners have to be tried or released, can't hold them forever without one

Location hidden

#653892 May 30, 2012
ImRight59 wrote:
<quoted text>
AFRICAN.
Is freakin' AFRICAN a race?
The term used in the early 1960's was NEGRO.
So bite me.
In Anglo America but he was from Africa and Africans don't call themselves "negro" they call themselves "African". They still do, ever meet any?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#653893 May 30, 2012
"The filming at the taxpayer-owned stadium was done at night, with the Coliseum's towering lights blazing and its rows of distinctive red and white seats framing many of the scenes. The video also shows the stadium's signature tunnel, which the Trojan team charges through at the start of games"

LMAO!

Location hidden

#653895 May 30, 2012
Tournefort wrote:
"Penn. Democratic leader defects to GOP, cites Catholic faith as reason"
"The defection of a prominent Pennsylvania Democrat to the Republican Party is raising some eyebrows.
Jo Ann Nardelli, a state committeewoman and founding president of the Blair County Federation of Democratic Women, has switched her political affiliation to the GOP, citing her Catholic faith and President Obama’s embrace of gay marriage as reasons....
According to Politics PA, Nardelli continued to point to her Catholic faith as a major motivator in her letter of resignation to the Pennsylvania Democratic Party.
“I respect all of you and all that I have achieved in the past. Due to personal matters and faith beliefs at this time, it is only fair to resign,” she wrote.“I will miss you all very much as you are all a part of my family; however, it is time to move forward with my life in a direction that is more in line with my faith.”
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/29/penn-democr...
... and a shot at being a "political analyst" on Fox. How's her boobs and her hair?

Location hidden

#653897 May 30, 2012
ImRight59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Going by your logic, there's a whole lot of stuff that isn't the government's f'ckn business.
Exactly!

lp.org

Somewhere, Tennessee

#653898 May 30, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't really care if he is or isn't, I'm concerned with legislation that makes a person a slave, a life-support system for what may or may not become a person.
The same sort of "legislation" that makes people slaves? Dependant on the Government from cradle to grave?

You mean that sort of LIFE-SUPPORT SYSTEM?

Somewhere, Tennessee

#653899 May 30, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
In Anglo America but he was from Africa and Africans don't call themselves "negro" they call themselves "African". They still do, ever meet any?
No point in talking to you.

GFY
RepublicansAgain stGuns

Russellville, KY

#653900 May 30, 2012
<quoted text>
That's fair, but these prisoners have to be tried or released, can't hold them forever without one
Sure America can. 70 years ago we locked-up American citizens during WWII because they had slanted eyes until the war was over. Supreme Court ruled it was Okay back then to do it.

Location hidden

#653901 May 30, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the point is that a president just can't win on this issue. No matter what he does, the critics are always waiting to take a bit at the apple. My position is screw public opinion, do what is best for our country. That includes assasinations or any other tactics that are justifiable. I am okay with Obama's approach just as I was with Bush. We need to protect our own, just make sure it is necessary for our protection.
But if you burn the Constitution and Bill of Rights in the process what exactly are you "protecting"? Backyard BBQ's and Chevys? American Idol?
RepublicansAgain stGuns

Russellville, KY

#653902 May 30, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"Torture" is a subjective term.
Listening to Debbie Wasserman-Test lisp through something is torture.
Watching Rosa Delauro, the ugliest woman in America, is even worse than torture.
Given the choice of either of these two witches, waterboarding is like taking a shower.
So true. The term Torture was used after WWII to convict Japanese Leaders of war crimes before they were put to death. Water Boarding was part of the charges against them as being Torture. Bush and Dick changed all that.

Location hidden

#653903 May 30, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"Second" it all you want. "Abortion = good" mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm
... and its not likely you took it out of context right?

No, an habitual liar like you would never do that.

What happened there at the end? Somebody slap some duct tape over your mouth?

It was your mom wadn't it?

Location hidden

#653905 May 30, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamabot says what?
"... getting caught up in the moment? Looking for brownie points during campaign season? A government so arrogant they don't think the public will notice? I don't really blame Obama himself, its so easy in the ivory tower with all that precedent to lose sight."
Did I write that? It sounds vaguely familiar. What I was saying is that the office of the President has become Imperious and that it didn't start with Obama.

Location hidden

#653906 May 30, 2012
<quoted text>
You can if you are King, Bush taught us that.

Nice segue dontcha think?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min Earthling-1 47,630
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 5 hr zazz 96,531
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr Mandela 68,695
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 hr Pearl Jam 306,372
Lookin for suboxone south Florida (Feb '13) 16 hr Tanyabunny04 6
Overpaid Firefighters (Sep '10) 17 hr Master 434
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 21 hr STEFANO COLONNA 70,159
Fort Lauderdale Dating
Find my Match

Fort Lauderdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fort Lauderdale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fort Lauderdale

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]